Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

Wrestlemania Goes to Hollywood Sunday is going to be so awesome. The guy who pawned off women to his subordinates to be used like toys after he got done raping them is back in Gorilla position. Thank you Vince!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

HerraS posted:

time for Vince to book UFC

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

Miching Mallecho posted:

They're going to fire so many people.

We might see another independent wrestling boom on the bright side.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Le Saboteur posted:

https://www.fec.gov/data/receipts/i...=12%2F31%2F2022 Heres Ari Emanuel's contributions for the year. Pretty milquetoast Democrat stuff.

Vince isn’t gonna like this one bit!

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

HerraS posted:

time for Vince to book UFC

Finally, Uncle Howdy's time to shine

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:

lukess1 posted:

We might see another independent wrestling boom on the bright side.

It's not just on the pro wrestling roster. It's completely company wide that there's going to be "redundancies".

It always happens with mergers and acquisitions, because why have full staff when you can gut the work force and make the remaining workers work double for the same or less pay. :smith: capitalism.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Ganso Bomb posted:

wait until you hear about this dana white guy

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Ganso Bomb posted:

they're going to have a match

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

They’re gonna fire any wrestler with a losing record

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

KungFu Grip posted:

they're gonna fire so many people on the roster lol

Someone protect Top Dolla!

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

Miching Mallecho posted:

It's not just on the pro wrestling roster. It's completely company wide that there's going to be "redundancies".

It always happens with mergers and acquisitions, because why have full staff when you can gut the work force and make the remaining workers work double for the same or less pay. :smith: capitalism.

I know this is coming, but I am just trying to be positive. I don't think the merger is going to be awful especially with how Endeavor handles UFC tape libraries giving me hope for all of the holes on Peacock being filled.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

i was poking around it seems like endeavor cut their ties with saudi arabia after the khashoggi killing, which makes me wonder if this will have an impact on wwe's blood money shows

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

Ivypls posted:

i was poking around it seems like endeavor cut their ties with saudi arabia after the khashoggi killing, which makes me wonder if this will have an impact on wwe's blood money shows

I hope so. If we lose Saudi and have to pay for some PPVs, it is a necessary evil.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
the holes on peacock is because peacock doesnt give a poo poo and is a bad streaming service not made for pro wrestling

i think WWE signed a deal with Saudi Arabia for 5 years of Saudi shows so dont get your hopes up

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok someone give me a rundown on all the big names in UFC so I know where my next 5 years of joke material is coming from

lukess1
Jul 13, 2018

KungFu Grip posted:

the holes on peacock is because peacock doesnt give a poo poo and is a bad streaming service not made for pro wrestling

Two things:

1. WWE wasn't great at it when they owned the service.
2. Endeavor is going to immediately try to get out of that deal.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I just saw how much debt Endeavor was carrying before this deal lmfao there is gonna be a bloodbath + very expensive monthly PPVs

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Rarity posted:

Ok someone give me a rundown on all the big names in UFC so I know where my next 5 years of joke material is coming from

CM Punk, Brock Lesnar, Don Frye, Jon Jones, Joe Rogan

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Jon Jones and Conor McGregor literally will not leave

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I just saw how much debt Endeavor was carrying before this deal lmfao there is gonna be a bloodbath + very expensive monthly PPVs

How much?

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

AsInHowe posted:

How much?

$5.1 billion back in December

quote:

Balance Sheet and Liquidity

At December 31, 2022, cash and cash equivalents totaled $767.8 million, compared to $970.8 million at September 30, 2022. Total debt was $5.169 billion at December 31, 2022, compared to $5.427 billion at September 30, 2022. Made $500 million of discretionary debt payments, achieving net leverage improvement.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20230228005919/en/Endeavor-Releases-Fourth-Quarter-and-Full-Year-2022-Results

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AsInHowe posted:

How much?

$5.56 billion, and WWE was asking for $8 or $9 billion

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NylaRoseBeast/status/1642627752606986243?s=20

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Oh man.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
That Batista movie is on Peacock so I watched it and man.... it has the skeleton of a good movie. An interesting concept. But god is it bad. Batista clearly mails it in, the guy who plays Andrew heard he's in a Shyamalan movie and had to play his part in a very Shyamalan way, it was just brutal

Anyway, can't wait for night 2 to ruin all the good feelings I have about night 1

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

JUNGLE BOY posted:

this is the best news yet

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m not a WWE fan so whoever wins I don’t really give a poo poo and I’m still not going to watch the shows.

The only thing I care about is how loving funny it would be for Cody to lose because it would be incredibly loving funny if leaving the company he started to go back to one he spent years talking poo poo about so he could win the big belt his dad never did at the biggest show in the business ended in him not doing that.

Even if he just wins it at backlash or summer slam or some random blood money Saudi show it doesn’t diminish how funny this loss would be.

Please do the funny thing WWE.

To paraphrase something once said about good ol' Charlie Brown, of all the McMahony things in this world, this would be the McMahoniest.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

100% UFC/WWE is going to be running PPV events on the same weekend AEW/ROH runs PPV events

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

money machine goes brrrrrr

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/murderxbryan/status/1642639859494838274?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Le Saboteur posted:

The funny thing here is Tony Khan is actually really really good friends with Dana White.

So hyped for the WWE/AEW joint shows!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The final moments of WWE programming were Kevin and Sami winning together. That's it, that's the finale.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Le Saboteur posted:

The funny thing here is Tony Khan is actually really really good friends with Dana White.

always suspected Tony

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Show me the Charlotte botch

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

lol @ metzler being the smartest person on the planet when he started to cover UFC on his eYada.com show and newsrag and all his subscibers hated it but he was like "hey this is the way its going to be, wrestling and em-em-ayy are linked businesses" back in like late 1999.

Someone find me the exact qutoe from their eyada.com archive.

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Grem posted:

Show me the Charlotte botch

https://twitter.com/_PWChronicle/status/1642359590535970817

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

This news is better than WrestleMania.
Only thing better is Chodey losing.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

She had to test her neck out

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
The most important question is "how does this affect AEW?"

The second most important question is "lol"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/WrestlingCovers/status/1642631052148584452?s=20

There’s still hope…