Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

gonna be 20 dashcams of this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

McGavin posted:

On Canadian radio they said that he was critical of the war, but left out that he was critical because it wasn't brutal enough. :ughh:

lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

empires always come home

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Well, if you mean the FSB, you're 100% right.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

lmao at Glenn Greenwald trying to partisan hack this thing as if it wasn't cool for every faction involved either way

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Not even first floors are safe anymore.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Some sources report that the bomb was hidden inside a statuette presented to Tatarsky. Grain of salt for now.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65155075

quote:

There are conflicting reports in Russian media about the explosive device. According to Interior Ministry sources quoted by Russian state media, Tatarsky was presented with a statue in a box as a gift, which had a bomb hidden inside.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

As if an adult getting excited to receive a Funko Pop wasnt embarrassing enough.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

zone posted:

Well, if you mean the FSB, you're 100% right.

https://twitter.com/BattlefieldUkr/status/1642628258947530755

What sort of soap opera is this

https://twitter.com/TreasChest/status/1642623463507517442

https://twitter.com/Maks_NAFO_FELLA/status/1642609965436157955

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Apr 2, 2023

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

i can fix her

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Been reading reports on telegram saying that multiple copies of The Sims 3 were found on her person.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
Is there a russian word for "subtle"?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Trillhouse posted:

i can fix her

she's fine as is

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

There's some guy in the replies going on about how Ukraine needs to lose because "gay nazis", which is nothing special as these propaganda-poisoned idiots are a dime a dozen, but he then goes on to call anyone who disagrees with him or is against Russian imperialism a 'commie'.

I wouldn't even know how to respond to something that profoundly stupid. The only reasonable explanation is that he doesn't actually know what the word means or any of the historical context it carries.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1642612317337649154

And we're off

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

broke: biolabs
woke: biblabs

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

seen this before
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1588787397835509761
a good sermon, referencing Ezekiel seven, and equating Russia with what a prophet of God calls *consults scripture* "the most evil nation"

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

lmao at the CIA raising a finger to rub out these absolute nobodies

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

seen this before
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1588787397835509761
a good sermon, referencing Ezekiel seven, and equating Russia with what a prophet of God calls *consults scripture* "the most evil nation"

no wonder the Ukrainians are catholic

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

getting blown up by your girlfriend is such a funny way to die. i guess you have to be crazy to be attracted to a guy like that in the first place.

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
During the Deepwater Horizon crisis, I learned that Russians use a specific word for discussing ecological disasters involving oil drilling platforms. It translates to "petrochemical calamity" in English.

This knowledge came from an unforgettable article that I read during the height of the crisis, where BP and the US government struggled to seal off a broken deep ocean drill pipe that was gushing massive amounts of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Russian engineers had earnestly encouraged the Obama administration to simply detonate a small nuclear bomb near the drill site; in their experience with petrochemical calamities, it was best to redistribute layers of the seabed until they settled into a less problematic alignment.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GRECOROMANGRABASS posted:

During the Deepwater Horizon crisis, I learned that Russians use a specific word for discussing ecological disasters involving oil drilling platforms. It translates to "petrochemical calamity" in English.

This knowledge came from an unforgettable article that I read during the height of the crisis, where BP and the US government struggled to seal off a broken deep ocean drill pipe that was gushing massive amounts of oil into the Gulf of Mexico. Russian engineers had earnestly encouraged the Obama administration to simply detonate a small nuclear bomb near the drill site; in their experience with petrochemical calamities, it was best to redistribute layers of the seabed until they settled into a less problematic alignment.

poo poo. if we can't seal it might as well nuke it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
just simply detonate a small nuclear weapon. that sounds crazy as hell

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
can't believe Obama didn't just detonate a small nuclear bomb

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Thermobaric farting incident at Prigozhin's Café

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
I wonder if Trump wanted to nuke the hurricane because he thought Obama was an idiot for not nuking the Gulf of Mexico when it was leaking.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I wonder if Trump wanted to nuke the hurricane because he thought Obama was an idiot for not nuking the Gulf of Mexico when it was leaking.

its your loving story dumbass.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

“A nuclear explosion over the leak,” he says nonchalantly puffing a cigarette as he sits in a conference room at the Institute of Strategic Stability, where he is a director. “I don’t know what BP is waiting for, they are wasting their time. Only about 10 kilotons of nuclear explosion capacity and the problem is solved.”

SAY YOHO
Oct 5, 2021

Strategic Tea posted:

lmao at the CIA raising a finger to rub out these absolute nobodies

The CIA office at the end of Burn After Reading.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
we shoud nuke the Gulf of Mexico because BP oil tanker had a spill. Makes sense to me

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I wonder what the statuette was? Classical marble statue, Warhammer 40k, or life sized replica of Putin made out of turds?

Putin is a real piece of poo poo.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
gently caress the Mexicans and Texas. We should probably nuke Arizona. Again

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

gently caress the Mexicans and Texas. We should probably nuke Arizona. Again

Our scorpions will get mad, grow really large, and make you regret it.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

The Locator posted:

Our scorpions will get mad, grow really large, and make you regret it.

I won't regret it. I'll be dead

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Is there a russian word for "subtle"?

It seems to me a language capable of almost intolerable subtlety, with a seperate dialect for swearing, which is as subtle as a brick-bat to the teeth.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Sedgr posted:

I wonder what the statuette was? Classical marble statue, Warhammer 40k, or life sized replica of Putin made out of turds?

A black falcon. From Malta.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Deteriorata posted:

A black falcon. From Malta.

A Maltese falcon. Nahh. too obvious

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Sedgr posted:

I think it was a bust of him (tatarsky) wearing his helmet

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

its your loving story dumbass.

Putin presses The Button, one of his many important phones rings and this time it is the red one. He answers. It is his military department and they ask him to hold while he is being transferred. He waits and hears another voice. It is another department and they too ask him to hold for transfer. He holds. Again and again, he is transferred from one department to another. Finally, an apologetic and anxious voice comes on the line and informs Putin that he is now speaking with the Department of Petrochemical Many Problems (roughly-translated) and the news is not good. Putin's nook supply has been depleted by industry to the extent that they are relying on anti-ship missiles to plug oil leaks. Putin shits himself to death and the war is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burns
May 10, 2008

I wonder who he managed to piss off that went beyond just driving up to him in a black unmarked car and unloading an automatic into him.