Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Hopefully it's named after Rutibex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The people I know who love PoE all say you need to pay 60-100 dollars on stash tabs if you want to play the game seriously. Dunno if they're insane or not but alot of people online seem to agree with that which is nuts lol

thats p insane, but u would need to buy some eventually. i think i bought like $25 worth of tabs after playing for 100 hours and i have absolutely no need of any more at all.

rollick
Mar 20, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

Path of Excel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfDq5dlp2o4

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Arivia posted:

It’s on Steam if steam is fast for you. You’re probably downloading the client direct from NZ where the devs are.

I thought they were Brazillian for some reason. This thread almost makes me want to reinstall it but I won't. I've already started another game with character development overload, Pathfinder: WotR.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Smirking_Serpent posted:

this is what it must have felt like posting in TCC in one of the stop breathing threads, watching sage elders give advice to eager newbies about safe forms of brain damage

The POE thread is all about chargen reduction

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
also probably dont start playing poe when theres a new league in like, 5 days.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

This thread represents a clear hazard to the overall health of the forums if it's going to start getting posters into PoE. I'm sorry to say, but I think it should be closed for the good of us all.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Dixville posted:

Did sonic die in the comics?

I feel like i remember one plotline where you think sonic died but it's not real. But i didn't read much of it after that (cause it was starting to suck)

No idea about comics but I'm pretty sure he died in Sonic 06 and was revived by his hedgehog corpse being kissed by an actual human woman

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
yeah but Sonic 06 is not canon while The Murder of Sonic the Hedgehog is

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Metis of the Hallway posted:

This thread represents a clear hazard to the overall health of the forums if it's going to start getting posters into PoE. I'm sorry to say, but I think it should be closed for the good of us all.

:hmmyes:

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I just love the idea of this thread and the previous one having a significant number of new posts leading people to think there's some new drama only to be disappointed with video games chat.

not me though because this thread is in my bookmarks and I'm online enough to be able to keep up

rox
Sep 7, 2016

come for the sagas, stay for the SaGas

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
PoE sounds like homework

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

He's bigger, faster, and stronger too
He's the first member of the DK crew!

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

One day I'll be able to know the whole dk rap

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Taeke posted:

I just love the idea of this thread and the previous one having a significant number of new posts leading people to think there's some new drama only to be disappointed with video games chat.

not me though because this thread is in my bookmarks and I'm online enough to be able to keep up
Sometimes yah go to drive somewhere, or take a nap, or cook a meal, and 409 new posts will drop. Never know what treasures they may contain.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
is wo long fun? I've never played a souls or soulslike, but i enjoy DMC, bayonetta, and dragon's dogma, and it's on gamepass, the greatest deal in gaming

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

but i enjoy DMC, bayonetta, and dragon's dogma

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

TheSwizzler posted:

i found it was more that there's a literally endless number of options of ways to play the game, but only a tiny number of viable ones at endgame

some builds are like 1000x stronger than others in terms of cost effectivenss but in theory with enough grindin' and trading for expensive niche gear pretty much any build can be forced through the endgame

of course the best way to get to endgame and start grinding rare drops to sell so you can affort your ultra niche gimmick build is to start with one of the handful of meta builds

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAHGUylloCI

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

lol

figured it covered the gamut. soulslikes don't seem very dmc/bayo, but i can't imagine team ninja making a slower paced game

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

lol

figured it covered the gamut. soulslikes don't seem very dmc/bayo, but i can't imagine team ninja making a slower paced game

Eh, I haven't played any soulslike but I have played those other three. I like a challenge but I don't like to be frustrated - it's why I've shied away from them and other famously difficult games. My computer probably couldn't run Elden Ring or any game released after 2018 anyway.

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

Taeke posted:

I like the low intensity games chat, it's like graphite that keeps the radioactive drama from reaching critical mass

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I will choose an alternative dialog path....

Taeke posted:

It looks like the kind of thing I would've loved to sink my teeth in when I was 14 years old and had like infinite spare time.

As an adult I'm playing Cyberpunk 2077 right now when I have an hour or two not working or taking care of the kids and I'm pretty much winging it with the skill tree and stuff because whatever, I just want to sneak and shoot and drive around with the occasional break for some pretty decent story and characters. gently caress optimising poo poo, I'll just reload a save if I fail a couple of times and turn down the difficulty if I need to. Haven't had to do that yet on hard difficulty, it seems pretty forgiving for my generalist playstyle right now. I did have to so that couple of times with Assassins Creed Odyssey though and I feel 0 zero shame about it. Days of caring about that are way behind me.

I was holding off on getting Cyberpunk 2077 until things got patched into a functioning state. I heard they're planning to completely overhaul the melee combat system, so I was waiting on that and/or the DLC to see how that shapes up.

is wo long fun? I've never played a souls or soulslike, but i enjoy DMC, bayonetta, and dragon's dogma, and it's on gamepass, the greatest deal in gaming

I was enjoying Wo Long and I want to get back to it but I think I prefer Nioh 2's combat style to Wo Long's in a lot of ways. I will note that it's a Team Ninja B-team that worked on it, and not the dedicated Nioh team, and I think it feels a bit more limited and stiffer because of that. If it's on Gamepass though then it's free, and it doesn't hurt to try out.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Paper Tiger posted:

I like the low intensity games chat, it's like graphite that keeps the radioactive drama from reaching critical mass

You want drama? Elentor was the biggest push I've met on the forums for PoE. It's why I thought the developers were Brazillian.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I've bounced off PoE pretty hard every time I've tried it, maybe I should give it another go

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Touhou music owns and the weirdo should be chain probated until he stops posting imho

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

vyelkin posted:

I tried Path of Exile once, got to level 2, opened that sphere grid, and then uninstalled the game.

Good news they've since added mini sphere grids you can slot into your big sphere grid, all of the endgame content is on a big sphere grid of maps with several sub sphere grids that change how drops etc. work, and in the latest league items can now have their own sphere grids.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

Touhou music owns and the weirdo should be chain probated until he stops posting imho

Who's the weirdo?

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

I was debating probating him last night but it was late and it seemed like he was opting to not follow the dark path before I went to bed. But then NeatHeteroDude baited him into a hand tip and probation in C-SPAM, and I can't think of a more severe punishment honestly.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Nuns with Guns posted:

I was holding off on getting Cyberpunk 2077 until things got patched into a functioning state. I heard they're planning to completely overhaul the melee combat system, so I was waiting on that and/or the DLC to see how that shapes up.

I was enjoying Wo Long and I want to get back to it but I think I prefer Nioh 2's combat style to Wo Long's in a lot of ways. I will note that it's a Team Ninja B-team that worked on it, and not the dedicated Nioh team, and I think it feels a bit more limited and stiffer because of that. If it's on Gamepass though then it's free, and it doesn't hurt to try out.

cyberpunk turned out pretty good. the story's been solid, and tho it never really had huge issues on the Series X, the last sets of patches tightened it up well.

I'll give Wo Long a shot. been playing Hitman in thirty minute bursts at night while my spouse duolingos as a schedule that somehow puts the baby to sleep, so I'll see how WL slots into that

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Cyberpunk is good but it's best when you never use guns and merely punch everyone

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
Sifu just got an update that added decent tutorials so it's easier to get into. More people should play it.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

Heath posted:

Cyberpunk is good but it's best when you never use guns and merely punch everyone

yes

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Cranappleberry posted:

Sifu just got an update that added decent tutorials so it's easier to get into. More people should play it.

I just got this over the weekend. The tutorial for the advanced moves being the opening credits and you killing the mental visions of the bosses was pretty loving legit.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Heath posted:

I was thinking of that, yeah, which is a lot of why a promised melee combat overhaul was making me hold off.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

AvP 1999 still holds up and I’ve been having fun playing through it

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I still wanna go back and play cyberpunk but I'll be doing on an Ivy Bridge from 2012 and using gtx 960. I bought it at half price by accident, thinking I was downloading Outer Worlds. I still haven't uninstalled it. It runs like poo poo but it's still sort of playable - I won't finish it. It's like playing Oblivion on a gts 8800 on a dual core.

I enjoyed what I did play. I need a new microwave and cooker before any computer upgrades. I'll probably have to build one from scratch instead of upgrading what I have.

I think I should just buy a console.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Path of Exile seems cool but I'm not a fan of a game that everyone tells you to watch multiple hours of tutorial vids + read gigantic documents before starting to play.

I didn’t do that and I like it. Plus goons will tell you that about any game. Don’t get me started on Dark Souls fans for example lmfao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

required viewing for anyone daring to pick up MARIO 64