Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

So with fire trap elementalist, are you actually igniting with the fire trap using shaper of flames? Seems weird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
New div card

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1642654111849148417

Ziz was talking about it on stream, and was like...smiling and stuff, and it was kind of odd given the story behind it. Then he started choking up. Was kind of touching. (I think he was smiling to try to keep himself from crying, I get it).

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
isn't that just a fixed brother's stash? I remember the creator of that card (5ex) being a little bummed it was still ex when the div/ex switch happened

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Yep.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I remember when I found a Brother's Stash like an hour into Heist league, I'm glad they added a Divines one.

They also have a Crucible FAQ thread up now.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3361940

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

nexous posted:

Your boots make me frown. Do you have any scouring orbs/essences? You can for instance scour the boots to white then hit it with a life essence and then craft something useful like move speed.

Edit: also, if you have orbs of binding use them on any decent white base and it will give you a 4 socket rare with that base.

I have 11 scouring orbs, 3 orbs of binding, 17 orbs of chance, 18 orbs of alchemy, 16 orbs of fusing, 7 chaos orbs and 26 jeweller's orbs. plus various crappy essences for forging rares and 84 (!!) chromatic orbs. so my bias so far has been heavily toward getting something with good stats and links and then just re-coloring as needed.

500 good dogs posted:

didn't you get a bones of ullr drop

yes! it is in my stash, but 2 sockets, not linked. 20 life/mana and 31 energy shield so just kinda 'ok' but good uniq stats for gems so I saved it.

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

quote:

We want this event to represent the ultimate challenge in Path of Exile, which is to kill these two pinnacle bosses under the constraints of Hardcore, Solo Self-found and Ruthless simultaneously.

Kind of interesting they mentioned "two pinnacle bosses" and not uber pinnacle. Maybe they decided even uber bosses would be too much under those constraints.

also lol at "Yeah, we're aware people want minion changes."

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

quote:

Did United in Dream also lose its poison chance?

The poison chance was only removed from Severed in Sleep.
okay, so UID is now only a bit worse with losing the 60-80% minion damage

possibly an interesting tradeoff between SIS and UID, now that both have Envy, choosing between poison and wither on hit - if you can get full poison chance on a bunch of abyss jewels you could just run SIS for free 15 wither stacks

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Alright so how busted is the new 10% of leech is instant mastery gonna be? Does this just mean that every time you apply a leech instance, 10% of that instance is instantly healed while the remaining 90% heals over whatever duration? Seems like leech could beat out life gain on hit, no?

Assuming non-Slayer with 5k hp, that's 500 hp per leech instance (assuming you're leeching hard enough to reach the cap). So equivalent to 50 lgoh which is a LOT if your build hits a lot. And is hitting hard enough that each of those hits maxes out your leeches. Someone who is more confident in how leech works should def check my math though lol

MacDeuce
Oct 23, 2010
Can I get a guild invite before league start? skipped 3.20 and back for Crucible practice this week, thanks!

IGN: Trill_ChampAgainRip

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?
I'm torn between league starting ice shot/LA deadeye/raider into tornado shot or a frost blade trickster/raider. On one hand I want to play a league starter that can scale into being Uber capable, on the other, bow skills look great for starting this league and I've never been able to put together a tornado shot build which looks like a really fun skill.

Anyone have any experience with FB? And on whether Raider or Trickster is the way to go?

Daemonlasher fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Apr 3, 2023

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
No it is not that easy, you need to massively increase how much you can leech at a time.

It's about 50 instant leech if you have 5k life and are hitting hard enough to reach leech cap. Leech instances are capped at 10% of the maximum of the resource by default with extremely few ways to modify that value.

So 10% instant leech means instantly leeching 1% of your maximum life per hit.

50lgoh average is on par with claw implicits. Opens up some builds but isn't game breaking.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Alright so how busted is the new 10% of leech is instant mastery gonna be? Does this just mean that every time you apply a leech instance, 10% of that instance is instantly healed while the remaining 90% heals over whatever duration? Seems like leech could beat out life gain on hit, no?

Assuming non-Slayer with 5k hp, that's 500 hp per leech instance (assuming you're leeching hard enough to reach the cap). So equivalent to 50 lgoh which is a LOT if your build hits a lot. And is hitting hard enough that each of those hits maxes out your leeches. Someone who is more confident in how leech works should def check my math though lol

Assuming you do enough damage it's LGOH of 1% of max hp per hit (10% of the stat "Maximum Recovery per Life Leech" which starts as a default 10% of maximum life that can be leeched by a single instance), it's very strong.

It's good for attacks, but perhaps more importantly LGOH was hard to get and limited on spells, this can enable things like CWDT Ball Lightning or Forbidden Rite.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Daemonlasher posted:

Anyone have any experience with FB? And on whether Raider or Trickster is the way to go?

I did Trickster in Sanctum, first time I ever hit level 100 and got all 40 challenges. Really the only weakness is Uber encounters because you're still a melee character and you don't have the inherent tankiness of a Boneshatter build, but I did do Uber Cortex and Eater (Shaper and Elder I could maybe do but I suck too much at precision movement for the others).

an iksar marauder
May 6, 2022

An iksar marauder glowers at you dubiously -- looks like quite a gamble.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

It's good for attacks, but perhaps more importantly LGOH was hard to get and limited on spells, this can enable things like CWDT Ball Lightning or Forbidden Rite.

yup

also nice for bow spam builds

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Have any of the big names stated that they plan on trying the ruthless race?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Daemonlasher posted:

I'm torn between league starting ice shot/LA deadeye/raider into tornado shot or a frost blade trickster/raider. On one hand I want to play a league starter that can scale into being Uber capable, on the other, bow skills look great for starting this league and I've never been able to put together a tornado shot build which looks like a really fun skill.

I did Frost Blades Trickster last league. The build is a lot of fun. Super fast and fun shattering the screen. I didn't take it very far though - mine was pretty glass cannon (at least for rare T16's and clicking altars without reading them). A few altars and I'd die a lot. If I didn't click altars, I wouldn't die near as much. I league started as Seismic (rare 2 build league for me! Sanctum was awesome).

I'm currently leaning Tornado Shot Deadeye as my league starter, but I've also flip-flopped like 5 times:

- First it was Elementalist something (the thought was growing it into a CoC build eventually, not sure what was between starter and CoC build). Did some test runs, fire stuff is good for the first two acts. But I'm not sure what to do in that middle step, and I'm not sure if I'd get bored before grinding that much currency anyways.

- Then it was Fuzzy's RoA -> TS. Did the first 2 acts as a test run, and it was pretty sluggish. I know, it's just the start and isn't indicative of anything, but it was still a turn off compared to the witch leveling.

- Then it was Hierophant Totem something. I realized like 90% of my characters are Ranger or Witch - zero are Marauder or Templar. I've also never done a pure totem build (generally I'm fine with totems though, I know some hate the gameplay). There's Von Vikton's FP/Ice Spear build - his skele mages build is the strongest and most fun build I've ever done, and his series of videos was amazing at stepping you through gearing up bit by bit (thankfully I played it right before it got murdered). But Reddit was pretty divided on this - calling it bait, etc, even though he said multiple times "this is a glass cannon, but play this way, and you're fine". People recommended Tatiantel2's totem builds, because it's all he does - but they're all SSFHC, so it might as well be zDPS for softcore. Saw some other interesting totem stuff (Xentho is working on a Scorching Ray totem build). Then there's Shockwave totems which is a big bosser apparently. I'm still tempted by VonVikton's totem build, but I don't know if I want the pain between "made of paper" and "be stuck in yellows while farming currency", so if I love the league, maybe it'd be a rare second build for me.

- gently caress it, I'll do that EA Ballista that everyone talks about. But goddamn, another Elementalist.

- Browse Reddit builds, see a lot of talk and a super detailed guide for TS Deadeye. I've never done a real Deadeye at least, so something marginally new. Detailed guides alone are appealing to me, because I'm bad at the game and cannot think about things. So back to RoA -> TS, just get through the first couple of acts (or maybe this guide is better).

I'd like to find a character that is super fun to play, and I can grind currency out on it to kill ubers for the first time. But bows are definitely going to be popular this league, and bow still was known to already be super expensive. Meh, I dunno.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

whypick1 posted:

I did Trickster in Sanctum, first time I ever hit level 100 and got all 40 challenges. Really the only weakness is Uber encounters because you're still a melee character and you don't have the inherent tankiness of a Boneshatter build, but I did do Uber Cortex and Eater (Shaper and Elder I could maybe do but I suck too much at precision movement for the others).

How is it for farming content? Like Legion/Breach

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It’s all leech. So mana too. Afaict

(And ES I guess )

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh, PoB update is out, btw (main release channel, not dev/beta channel).

Edit: skill sets are a thing now! That's new, yeah?

xZAOx fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 3, 2023

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Some spell slinger sabo might be a nice starter.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
personally i think the new ways to get recoup are more interesting than the 10% instant leech.

once you get to around ~60% recoup it starts to feel pretty good as a defensive option and you can now get to 100% recoup within reason with a little bit of gear and pathing on the outskirts of the tree.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Daemonlasher posted:

I only briefly dabbled in those for challenges, but clearing screens of trash is something the build excels at. I mainly did Expedition and Incursion and it was definitely EZ Mode for the latter; if I got a full magic monster Incursion encounter I'd end the room with minutes of time left, no exaggeration.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

xZAOx posted:

I'd like to find a character that is super fun to play, and I can grind currency out on it to kill ubers for the first time. But bows are definitely going to be popular this league, and bow still was known to already be super expensive. Meh, I dunno.

I think for sure play what's more fun, from what Ive been reading the entry level for TS and ele bow skills is really not that bad anymore. I will say that Ubers on TS is probably not realistic unless you're pumping oodles of investment, maybe Vaal IS will be really good for single target DPS but your defenses are going to be tough for Ubers without significant investment. I think I had something like 80k EHP TR Pathfinder in sanctum, wasn't running the super juiced damnation loreweave setup but did have Phys convert on my chest and taste of hate, still got deleted by Uber eater.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
For people talking about leech, the cheat sheet I made for a friend to help understand it:

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

CubeTheory posted:

For people talking about leech, the cheat sheet I made for a friend to help understand it:

That's actually pretty great, thanks. Now I can put 'understands how leech works in PoE' on my resume.

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

Vulpes posted:

That's actually pretty great, thanks. Now I can put 'understands how leech works in PoE' on my resume.

PoE, a game where 10 years of experience for an entry level job makes sense

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

FZeroRacer posted:

personally i think the new ways to get recoup are more interesting than the 10% instant leech.

once you get to around ~60% recoup it starts to feel pretty good as a defensive option and you can now get to 100% recoup within reason with a little bit of gear and pathing on the outskirts of the tree.

Easy recoup does seem pretty handy. Instant leech with Strength of Blood might also be real strong though

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Daemonlasher posted:

frost blades is extremely good at both of these. like the OP i also only played until t16s though and was not juicing particularly hard

the only other build i've played that has been in the same league as frost blades w/ legion has been ed contagion during legion league where i would pop the stone and instantly crash due to popping everything in it off screen

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

CubeTheory posted:

Dope, ty. As others have posted, it looks like the instant leech comes out to 1% lgoh without any investment which still seems good, ESPECIALLY for spells and such that really just had shaper rings/watcher's eye mods for lgoh options beforehand.

With the changes to how Return works now too, I don't see how I don't play some kind of bow character, probably Ice Shot.

+2 proj on tree
+2 proj from Deadeye
+1 chain from Deadeye
+Vengeant Cascade

Means each attack sends out 5 arrows that each chain, sending out ice explosions both times, before all returning and creating more ice explosions anytime they hit something. I guess the only downside to this is it wouldn't help as much with single target without a source of pierce to get double-hits in. But eh, I just wanna blast maps anyways. I guess I could skip the chain node and grab farshot instead then get pierce somewhere.

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Apr 3, 2023

J
Jun 10, 2001

CubeTheory posted:

This is the best way of explaining leech in this game I've ever seen.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Dope, ty. As others have posted, it looks like the instant leech comes out to 1% lgoh without any investment which still seems good, ESPECIALLY for spells and such that really just had shaper rings/watcher's eye mods for lgoh options beforehand.

With the changes to how Return works now too, I don't see how I don't play some kind of bow character, probably Ice Shot.

+2 proj on tree
+2 proj from Deadeye
+1 chain from Deadeye
+Vengeant Cascade

Means each attack sends out 5 arrows that each chain, sending out ice explosions both times, before all returning and creating more ice explosions anytime they hit something. I guess the only downside to this is it wouldn't help as much with single target without a source of pierce to get double-hits in. But eh, I just wanna blast maps anyways. I guess I could skip the chain node and grab farshot instead then get pierce somewhere.

Vaal ice shot will shoot like x6 arrows (something like that . 6 clones of you shooting for a few seconds ) plus I’d guess + proj will also be on bow crucible trees

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

CubeTheory posted:

This rules

Daemonlasher posted:

PoE, a game where 10 years of experience for an entry level job makes sense

No it's fine, the current leech system was just introduced in... 2015...

Well it's not ten years, at least. Excuse me while I turn into dust.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

CubeTheory posted:

I remember some picture made in mspaint years ago trying to explain the same poo poo lol

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

CubeTheory posted:

Quoting for my idiot brain later.

A thought: the elemental mastery that gives you a 25% chance to reverse the enemies resistance on hit is fascinating. Eye of Malice increases nearby enemy cold and fire resistances. Hexblast will always be resisted by the lowest elemental or chaos resist, whatever is lowest.

You could run the despair curse, eye of Malice hexblast, and every fourth hit you'd have them resist at like... -75 presuming 50% base resistance at least.

I always figured you'd need to do crazy exposure stacking but this sounds like it might be useful and doesn't have to be either occultist or elementalist. If you could somehow get elemental equilibrium...

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

frajaq posted:

I remember some picture made in mspaint years ago trying to explain the same poo poo lol

The picture I always remember (maybe the same?) had like...different blood bags going to you (each bag was a leech instance).

That image is great though, esp the color coding on stat scaling.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Daemonlasher posted:

I think for sure play what's more fun, from what Ive been reading the entry level for TS and ele bow skills is really not that bad anymore. I will say that Ubers on TS is probably not realistic unless you're pumping oodles of investment, maybe Vaal IS will be really good for single target DPS but your defenses are going to be tough for Ubers without significant investment. I think I had something like 80k EHP TR Pathfinder in sanctum, wasn't running the super juiced damnation loreweave setup but did have Phys convert on my chest and taste of hate, still got deleted by Uber eater.

How was it against normal non-uber pinnacle bosses? Like normal Maven, Sirus, non-uber Uber elder.

I just ran Act 1 again following a different RoA => TS guide, and it was way better than Fuzzy's. So, for this second, that's what I'm going to do. I do love bow builds, and it's been a while.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Have any of the big names stated that they plan on trying the ruthless race?

I hope none of them do it so they have to give us ruthmore instead

Daemonlasher
Dec 31, 2012

SOULS?

xZAOx posted:

How was it against normal non-uber pinnacle bosses? Like normal Maven, Sirus, non-uber Uber elder.

I just ran Act 1 again following a different RoA => TS guide, and it was way better than Fuzzy's. So, for this second, that's what I'm going to do. I do love bow builds, and it's been a while.

I scaled up to about 10m dps on pretty reasonable budget, like 20-30div tops. Which is enough that even when normal pinnacle bosses are moving around you'll complete the fight at a comfortable pace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shimmy shimmy
Nov 13, 2020

xZAOx posted:

The picture I always remember (maybe the same?) had like...different blood bags going to you (each bag was a leech instance).

That image is great though, esp the color coding on stat scaling.

You know, the simple explanation.