Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Wasted the Rumble, too

Always fun when they do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

JT Smiley posted:

I haven't read this thread in months but I just had to see the reactions to that finish.

I haven't watched WWE ppv in years, but do they seriously not have a single baby face with some friends that could watch their back?

Yeah, they had Sami lose in front of his home crowd for the heat. :v:

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

Lid posted:

Reading the twittersphere realise wait if not Cody then who because there's no one else and the highest rationals are saying it will be Cody just later and trying to portray the loss as a story beat.

Maybe im just old but this sounds a lot like Tyler Black in RoH.

It’s worse than Tyler Black, it’s Luger. Potentially even worse than Luger, since Lex eventually had that cool title win on Nitro.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I need to go to sleep but I can't stop :lol:ing at WWE

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1642394048924372992?s=20

the rock phoning in another rambling video from his home gym cost cody the world title lmfao

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So apparently Triple H strongly implied in the press conference that Asuka was originally supposed to beat Bianca, but they made a last minute change as the little girl who did that contortion stuff during Bianca's entrance, her mom had died earlier this morning, so they called an audible and had Bianca retain.

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/BRWrestling/status/1642394048924372992?s=20

the rock phoning in another rambling video from his home gym cost cody the world title lmfao

Again, dude is likely desperate for a payday at this point considering how much money he's sunk into the XFL and Black Adam just for both to be comical failures.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Miching Mallecho posted:

Atleast Shane gave everyone a fun wrestlemania moment tonight :unsmith:

thank u shane

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
didnt watch. happy for cody.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

That DICK! posted:

make him be stardust again

e:

lmao

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
Guess Cody's gonna have to leave and start a new wrestling company so he can build himself back u-wait a minute

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:nms: finn balor just posted a gorey picture of his wound and the man was split from top of his forehead to to the middle of his skull

https://twitter.com/finnbalor/ status/1642753664661196800

i dont know if twitters built in warning thing works in embedded and no idea if he has it hidden on twitterself so

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

KungFu Grip posted:

the 1000 day reign for the the titles they keep hyping up being only for the universal title when roman only held the wwe title for 360+ days is funny. He's been the longest reigning Universal champion for awhile now. That man is going to hold the WWE title for 69 more days just to spitefully pass the CM Punk 434 day reign and then drop it, after June 10th

1000 days is the Saudi PPV, which means the Day 999 is likely to be a taped Smackdown. That could have been built up as a huge title defense on free TV and pulled in massive ratings, seeing if Roman could make it to day 1000

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

KungFu Grip posted:

:nms: finn balor just posted a gorey picture of his wound and the man was split from top of his forehead to to the middle of his skull

i dont know if twitters built in warning thing works in embedded and no idea if he has it hidden on twitterself so

:stonk:

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Yeah it's disgusting do not click that

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
He lost

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Anyone in AEW wondering if the grass is greener just got an answer.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

JUNGLE BOY posted:

i guess cody is gonna enjoy his gaming

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

KungFu Grip posted:

Oh okay so pausing the match was definitely the right call.

Holy poo poo. He got that numbed and stapled and kept on going. That's crazy.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1642734479587278850?s=20

https://twitter.com/TheLouisDangoor/status/1642750344961687553?s=20

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Breetai posted:

Anyone in AEW wondering if the grass is greener just got an answer.

The answer? You, yes you, can be the one to dethrone Roman instead! Come on over!

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Roman will injure himself out of the title, Cody might win in a four way for a vacant title or he might not. The bird has flown it’s over.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
excited for roman reigns to beat mjf after the bidding war of 2024

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol

It wasn't Sammy's story, it was Jey's. Whoops, it was Cody's. Aww shucks it was Solo's all along

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Fart Radio posted:

at this point there's like a 2% chance the reigns run ends without people going "they should've just had sami win in montreal"

They should have. Cody looking himself in the mirror and coming to take down Sami anyway because the title means more to him would have been more interesting booking by far.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

I remember when I tuned into the Rumble someone said this was surely leading to Sami beating Roman for one of the belts on WM night 1 and Cody on night 2 for the other with Roman having an epic meltdown the following Raw giving the Bloodline an epic, memorable, and cathartic final send off. :lol:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Tampa Bae posted:

lol

It wasn't Sammy's story, it was Jey's. Whoops, it was Cody's. Aww shucks it was Solo's all along

We dud it for Samoa. We did it for THE ROCK.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I remember when I tuned into the Rumble someone said this was surely leading to Sami beating Roman for one of the belts on WM night 1 and Cody on night 2 for the other with Roman having an epic meltdown the following Raw giving the Bloodline an epic, memorable, and cathartic final send off. :lol:

Because it's anorganic and natural progression! Naturally they choose the unnatural.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

If I thought Paul was actually a good booker, then I’d believe that this is Vince forcing through a bunch of bad booking decisions while Paul is still officially head of creative in order to justify taking the creative reigns again. But thankfully, I can just believe the truth: Paul never had it, he just rehired a bunch of lovely midcarders every week, let Heyman handle Bloodline creative, and didn’t tear up scripts before Raw (weak!).

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Trips had it easy over in the minor-leagues of NXT. Hire whatever indie star is currently getting a lot of buzz, have them win the title vs the prior indie star you hired and never worry about the followup because Vince will take the loser and make them dance in a nappy on Raw making you look like a booking genius.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

Seams posted:

Trips had it easy over in the minor-leagues of NXT. Hire whatever indie star is currently getting a lot of buzz, have them win the title vs the prior indie star you hired and never worry about the followup because Vince will take the loser and make them dance in a nappy on Raw making you look like a booking genius.

and yet he still managed to gently caress it up and put the title on bobby roode

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
from the guy who brought you Kurt Angle and Booker T "wait and see what happens"

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Is it wrong to be so happy about this? Nope. I’m buzzing like I just watched Revolution.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I still can't believe WWE put Brodie Jr ringside just to watch Cody lose

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yea ok posted:

Is it wrong to be so happy about this? Nope. I’m buzzing like I just watched Revolution.

Nothing wrong here, it's really loving funny

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Intruder posted:

I still can't believe WWE put Brodie Jr ringside just to watch Cody lose

Vince: Peter Thiel's a hack. It's not stealing their precious blood that keeps you young, it's their hope!

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

didn't they have Cena bring out a bunch of make a wish kids the night before and also lose?

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Coaaab posted:

i think you can count the people who watch wwe *regularly* in this forum on one hand

There was definitely a point where at least six of us had avatars like mine

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

yea ok posted:

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Like the only way this could've been dumber is if Cody was distracted by a hologram of his dad or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

yea ok posted:

i'd go so far to argue that if anybody is legit upset by that main event, it's their own fault. at some point charlie brown needs to realize that lucy is going to pull the football away