Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I'm the PA announcer excitedly shouting THREEEEEE for a garbage time three

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

Wait until you see her opinions on Britney Griner.

yeah I saw someone mention that in the thread and that's also part of the reason

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
100+ is pretty loving rare in a women's game, no?

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

lmao they got that trophy QUICK

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Holy poo poo, I had high hopes but I didn't expect a natty in Year 2. :dance:

Hot boudin cold coush coush

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

Would have expected it to be Iowa in a massive blowout if you told me someone was scoring a hundred this game.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

It's a first for the title game, but it's certainly not extremely rare.

Iowa high school women played 6-on-6 until not quite 30 years ago (which is about 20 years later than most everybody else). High level 6-on-6 games in Iowa had some insane scoring. A few players averaged 60 points per game by themselves.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1642647349418663937

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1642647246809481217

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Not sure continually taunting the best player on the other team who was taken out of it by the refs while you didn't do much is a good flex

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Clark earned those player of the year trophies, LSU and SC both looked pretty good without Reese/Boston and Iowa without Clark… did not

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Codependent Poster posted:

Not sure continually taunting the best player on the other team who was taken out of it by the refs while you didn't do much is a good flex

I mean Clark talks a whole lotta poo poo, I'd take my shot too there.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

LSU more than earned the right to poo poo talk

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I like LSU, but I do not like seeing Kim Mulkey happy.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Honestly, thank you Iowa for taking out SC. Wonder if that was a bit of an emotional peak.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

RumbleFish posted:

I like LSU, but I do not like seeing Kim Mulkey happy.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Kim Mulkey, the God-Karen of Basketball

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Codependent Poster posted:

who got Keith Olbermann an account?

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Dexo posted:

who got Keith Olbermann an account?

him AMGEREY

https://twitter.com/keitholbermann/status/1642649593140637706?s=46&t=APaSoMrxc-b4PmCrsiuwWA

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Why *did* Mulkey get all the narrative attention on LSU's side in this game? Did LSU just not really have any star players?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

Why *did* Mulkey get all the narrative attention on LSU's side in this game? Did LSU just not really have any star players?

Angel Reese is a big star but Mulkey is a three-time title-winning coach and college basketball in general puts the spotlight on coaches over players. Also she dresses like a villain who gets taken down by a ragtag group of kids.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Dango Bango posted:

She's pretty much the marquee name of the program. Considering she just won her fourth national championship, and won in just year 2 at LSU, most of the focus is on her. Angel Reese is Bayou Barbie, but Mulkey's going to get all the press.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Clark doing it after a big shot is a little different than chasing someone around the court for 20 seconds and doing it while calling them a “ho” but Clark can’t say she didn’t have it coming.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also she dresses like a villain who gets taken down by a ragtag group of kids.

She's all in on the self-promotion angle as far as i can tell. I'm convinced that's why she's on the court so often, and she's mean enough that she intimidates the refs into allowing her to do that.

She just doesn't strike me as a pleasant human being before getting into several other things. But she's good at coaching, so, well we'll just continue to put up with her forever.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Grittybeard posted:

She's all in on the self-promotion angle as far as i can tell. I'm convinced that's why she's on the court so often, and she's mean enough that she intimidates the refs into allowing her to do that.

She just doesn't strike me as a pleasant human being before getting into several other things. But she's good at coaching, so, well we'll just continue to put up with her forever.

"Lady Dabo"

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Silly Burrito posted:

She's pretty much the marquee name of the program. Considering she just won her fourth national championship, and won in just year 2 at LSU, most of the focus is on her. Angel Reese is Bayou Barbie, but Mulkey's going to get all the press.

she also is the only woman to win a championship as a player (first title game in 1982 with louisiana tech), assistant coach, and head coach

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/reese10angel/status/1642682787705794561?s=46

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit

:sickos:

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
Am I the only one who noticed a player in the Miami/UConn game step directly on a laptop on (I think) the press table when getting helped back up from the weird sunken bench area during last night's game? I was looking for a clip of it today and can't even find a mention of it. I don't think I hallucinated it but :shrug:

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Mulkey is just an awful person. Using her grandkids as props every chance she gets is the clincher.

np19
Dec 25, 2016
Reese got like 5 points though

np19 fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Apr 3, 2023

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Mulkey is just an awful person. Using her grandkids as props every chance she gets is the clincher.

Based on her perceived politics, she’s basically Bear Bryant when he realized he needed them to win.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

If you are a college basketball fan do everything you can to avoid social media right now because holy christ is the Caitlin Clark-Angel Reese discourse radioactive.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

If you are a college basketball fan do everything you can to avoid social media right now because holy christ is the Caitlin Clark-Angel Reese discourse radioactive.

we've reached equality y'all

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
When the guy who runs the Date Rape Digest calls you a classless piece of poo poo that’s when you’re on the right side of an issue.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

I’m so pissed that Angel Reese is getting all the negative attention while Coach Nancy Grace with Worse Taste slips away yet again

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

Clark doing it after a big shot is a little different than chasing someone around the court for 20 seconds and doing it while calling them a “ho” but Clark can’t say she didn’t have it coming.

:wrongful:

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Crazy Ted posted:

Elon Twitter is a toilet but this foolishness made it even worse :george:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

DC Murderverse posted:

I’m so pissed that Angel Reese is getting all the negative attention while Coach Nancy Grace with Worse Taste slips away yet again

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I decided to push my trip to the woods tomorrow for various reasons but at least one of them was because I was invested in this title game so I hope it delivers at least a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Go Aztecs. Get San Diego a sports championship thus bringing about the apocalypse.