Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Banshee is kinda funny then insanely grim

Which I gather is Irish humor in general

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I kept hearing Triangle of Sadness was like Glass Onion so I was sort of avoiding it because I was super meh on that movie, but thankfully it is nothing like Glass Onion and is weird as gently caress and pretty drat good.

It sort of felt like it was 10 hours long, which I would usually use as an insult but I think it's actually a good thing with TOS.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Of Triangle, Onion, and Menu which all cover somewhat similar territory on a surface level, I felt Triangle was far and away the most interesting. The other two were fun enough, but very hollow. Triangle isn't the deepest thing in the world either, but it certainly felt like it a lot more to say than the others.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
I appreciate Triangle the most for how big of swings it takes, even if I'm on the fence about it (not sure I can sit through the vomit scene again tbh).

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That was the most puke I have ever seen in a movie lol

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Where is it on the Mr. Creosote scale?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The thing about TOS is that I’m pretty sure everyone is actually puking. It’s like 15 minutes straight of people projectile vomiting, spraying diarrhea everywhere, sliding around in their own puke and poo poo…. it’s really something to behold.

But usually in movies people like and it’s either people just spitting or using a hose to spray it but this was…something else lol. So loving gross I couldn’t stop laughing. When the old lady is sliding around on the bathroom floor while refused a New Noise is blasting I just lost it.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has anyone using a chromecast had buffering issues with Amazon prime? I've got a strong fiber connection and the only app I have trouble with is prime, video keeps buffering every 5 or 10 minutes.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

I basically haven’t watched that movie because I hate seeing people puke. Might give it a go but will 100% fast forward that. It almost ruined twin peaks the return for me as well

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Starks posted:

I basically haven’t watched that movie because I hate seeing people puke. Might give it a go but will 100% fast forward that. It almost ruined twin peaks the return for me as well

It's the best scene in the movie lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
By a wide margin. It's a pretty bad movie.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I thought Triangle was the most pretentious and tedious and the Menu was the most fun. Onion might be the one that leaves the faintest impression of the three if you ask me in a couple years.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What makes triangle pretentious?

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Triangle of Sadness lost me when she took a picture with her food and then clearly didn't eat it and the Russian guy said "You're not going to eat it?" in case we didn't get it.

Glass Onion was somehow the least heavy handed of the three.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The Tetris movie was really loving good, lol. Surprised af at how much I was into it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

veni veni veni posted:

What makes triangle pretentious?
Maybe pretentious isn't the right word now that I think on it, id say just more poorly executed. I thought it was a muddled movie.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
For me the puke scene was the worst. Yes we get the point, get on with it.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I didn’t even make it to the puke scene lol. I didn’t like it

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
The puke scene is so inconsequential to the overall plot that I completely forgot about it, and was surprised to hear so many people turned off by an otherwise great movie because of that one singular scene.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Nihonniboku posted:

The puke scene is so inconsequential to the overall plot that I completely forgot about it, and was surprised to hear so many people turned off by an otherwise great movie because of that one singular scene.

I have no knowledge of this movie beyond this official promotional image of it, which is also the cover for the physical release. An entire marketing strategy for this movie was around people puking.

Spoilered for a lady puking a gold liquid in a way that is real gross and makes me instantly uninterested in watching the film.

Edit: ok I guess it was only the cover of the 4k release in Germany

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Apr 3, 2023

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
That's an amazing poster hahah

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

That’s fantastic

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
That makes me want to watch it haha

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

That makes me want to watch it haha

I thought it was hilarious. Surprised at all the shade being thrown at it tbh.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Sirotan posted:

I have no knowledge of this movie beyond this official promotional image of it, which is also the cover for the physical release. An entire marketing strategy for this movie was around people puking.

Spoilered for a lady puking a gold liquid in a way that is real gross and makes me instantly uninterested in watching the film.

Edit: ok I guess it was only the cover of the 4k release in Germany

The best moment of the film is when she spews from both ends at the same time.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I liked Triangle of Sadness but it's less a film and more three entirely separate short films and I feel like it's less "something for everyone" and more "you will like one or two but probably not all three"

For me the third section was the weakest, like it wasn't terrible but for me it was the "alright we get it let's wrap this up" bit, whereas I've heard other people like the beginning and end but hate the vomit-filled middle (this was my favorite part)

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.
I liked all three parts. It is a good movie. Together the three parts form a triangle of goodness.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!

Wolfsheim posted:

The HG movies are definitely different shades of bad but also definitely toned down, I never read the books but my wife did and according to her they had stuff like 'monster hounds crafted from the dead bodies of the failed contestants' and other truly nightmarish stuff that would be effective horror if they were allowed to go hard R (but since the audience is the YA crowd that was never gonna happen)

I do remember they fight some kind of ghouls in the sewer in one of the later movies that kind of touches on that vibe but barely?

I read the books back before the movies because they were easy to rip through....and like another poster said....the dystopian poo poo works for me. I'm not sure if I knew adaptations were coming when I was reading them....but the sewer portion from Mockingjay was the first time in the books where I thought that they were just going to have to scrap that part and do something else. Nightmarish is a good way to put it. Also graphic. Really....there was plenty of violent stuff in the first two books....but Mockingjay had hard R written all over it despite being a YA novel.

Wolfsheim posted:

The Tetris movie on AppleTV is surprisingly entertaining and I assume roughly 90% bullshit

lol. I liked it despite not being believable in the least.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Tetris movie owned. It also felt absurdly fake at parts, but looking it up it seems fundamentally less fabricated than I was imagining. Stuff like the car chase is obviously added and over the top, but most of the core is really surprisingly true. It seems like there was kind of a perfect storm of ridiculously scammy and unpredictable behavior around that time between the USSR's situation and the video game industry still being kind of a wild wild west in terms of rights and everything.

Roger Allam (Robert Maxwell in the movie) is so good at playing comedically evil dudes, I had to look him up to realize he's the villiain in Speed Racer and one of the bad guys in V for Vendetta.

Martman fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Apr 5, 2023

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

If anyone is interested in a 90's classic, Speed is on Prime.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Hmm is there a physical media thread I have stupid questions about NTSC vs PAL because I’m trying to buy this Jim jarmusch box set online but it’s only available in PAL format I don’t know what I’m doing I usually buy dvds in person

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

A MIRACLE posted:

Hmm is there a physical media thread I have stupid questions about NTSC vs PAL because I’m trying to buy this Jim jarmusch box set online but it’s only available in PAL format I don’t know what I’m doing I usually buy dvds in person

yep

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Lol thank you

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I just realized all the WrestleManias are on peacock and WrestleMania 3 has Liberace, Aretha Franklin and Muhammad Ali
I'm no expert but I feel today Liberace wouldn't be invited.
These old WrestleMania vids are bonkers

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Upsidads posted:

I just realized all the WrestleManias are on peacock and WrestleMania 3 has Liberace, Aretha Franklin and Muhammad Ali
I'm no expert but I feel today Liberace wouldn't be invited.
These old WrestleMania vids are bonkers

The first WrestleMania was headlined by Hulk Hogan and Mr. T in a tag team match. They even hosted Saturday Night Live together to promote it!

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Edward Mass posted:

The first WrestleMania was headlined by Hulk Hogan and Mr. T in a tag team match. They even hosted Saturday Night Live together to promote it!

welp gotta see that ep

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Upsidads posted:

welp gotta see that ep

There's only 27 minutes of it on Peacock, but it's still better than some episodes.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'm glad a bunch of old WWF PPVs are on peacock, I got to watch the king of the ring i had attended for my birthday in 5th grade. It was cool.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Pale blue eye is a good slow burn mystery thats pretty darn good and then boy o Boy does it s*** the bed halfway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Wanna test something -- in episode 5 of Night Agent there's a scene about 27 minutes in where Rose is reading a newspaper on her laptop. In my viewing, I saw a horoscope reading for Aquarius. Was a cute Easter egg, but this is Netflix and I am an Aquarius :ohdear: