Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

tsob posted:

I want to see Amy try Katie's technique of just dropping into the flattest possible affectation while talking, and just droning. I don't think it's the kind of thing that'd work for everyone, but it demonstrably works for Katie and I'm curious how successful it'd be for Amy. It has to be more successful than Amy's own technique, which lasted what...1 second? Less?

Amy's face technique has the obvious flaw that it makes everyone else giggle which then spreads to her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Amy is the quality label for a breaking news episode and she should never change a thing

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

double nine posted:

Amy is the quality label for a breaking news episode and she should never change a thing

I feel like the show is leaning into it too hard in the last one or two of her appearances, and it isn't as fun anymore. The real quality label is "True Facts About Grant Anthony O'Brien", because Grant's mix of embarrassment, horror and enjoyment is something to behold and everyone else kind of knows what to expect but stilll ends up shocked regardless. Lily being more creeped out by Grant licking her soles than he was, and unable to even look at him anymore after it was great.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

tsob posted:

I feel like the show is leaning into it too hard in the last one or two of her appearances, and it isn't as fun anymore. The real quality label is "True Facts About Grant Anthony O'Brien", because Grant's mix of embarrassment, horror and enjoyment is something to behold and everyone else kind of knows what to expect but stilll ends up shocked regardless. Lily being more creeped out by Grant licking her soles than he was, and unable to even look at him anymore after it was great.

Yeah, for me Amy is kind of every once in a while kind of thing on Breaking News. Trapp is always good though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

seaborgium posted:

Yeah, for me Amy is kind of every once in a while kind of thing on Breaking News. Trapp is always good though.

"You're gonna need a bigger board!"

*mugs like Fozzie Bear, with a poo poo-eating grin on his face*

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

His best one was the entire Gilchrest Savoy bit.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

MikeJF posted:

His best one was the entire Gilchrest Savoy bit.

You can actually hear him as he keys into what Grant was going for and finds the cadence.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
“The best part of a White Christmas is the white part.”

Carolyn might not be a complete disaster like Amy, but she brings it when asked.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Mi Scusi is my sleeper fav.

"WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH TAILORING?"

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

On the Dropout app, I never really looked through the suggested playlists which are quite good like Dimension 20: Chronological Order, Brennan on Um Actually, or my favorite…..The Best of Grant-Shaming

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

tsob posted:

I want to see Amy try Katie's technique of just dropping into the flattest possible affectation while talking, and just droning. I don't think it's the kind of thing that'd work for everyone, but it demonstrably works for Katie and I'm curious how successful it'd be for Amy. It has to be more successful than Amy's own technique, which lasted what...1 second? Less?

Or do the thing Katie did in the "actually we meet before" episode and just cry while improving how she met people.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The end of this weeks episode of Never After is an all timer. What a cursed man.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The end of this weeks episode of Never After is an all timer. What a cursed man.

The following adventuring party is wonderful chaos as well.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

So...got outta the D&D movie just now

In the "cold" open, the intrepid heroes get help from a sentient talking bird wearing clothes named Jonathan. However he wasn't wearing pants

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

bunnyofdoom posted:

So...got outta the D&D movie just now

In the "cold" open, the intrepid heroes get help from a sentient talking bird wearing clothes named Jonathan. However he wasn't wearing pants

Was he wearing a hat made from some dude's skin?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I Am Fowl posted:

Was he wearing a hat made from some dude's skin?

Sadly no :(. also holy poo poo there is a great deep cut to something else near the end but I ain't spoiling it

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The latest episode of Umm, actually! is great. Brennan, Ify and Siobhan and Siobhan is a good combo, and Siobhan is both pretty savage when needling Brennan about his competitiveness and comically frustrated when he starts exploiting the rules in small ways and it makes for a fun contrast. A couple of "you forgot to say 'umm, actually's in there too", which is always fun.

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011
I'm pretty sure she called him out on that same strat the last time they were on the show, too.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

There's some pictures of Brennan and Izzy's wedding floating around. They got married on April 1st. Lou Wilson officiated.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

lemonadesweetheart posted:

They got married on April 1st.

:kiss:

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

lemonadesweetheart posted:

There's some pictures of Brennan and Izzy's wedding floating around. They got married on April 1st. Lou Wilson officiated.

....where?

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

reddit, instagram probably twitter

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

tsob posted:

The latest episode of Umm, actually! is great. Brennan, Ify and Siobhan and Siobhan is a good combo, and Siobhan is both pretty savage when needling Brennan about his competitiveness and comically frustrated when he starts exploiting the rules in small ways and it makes for a fun contrast. A couple of "you forgot to say 'umm, actually's in there too", which is always fun.

I loved the bit where Siobhan buzzed in and answered, Trapp said she didn't say "Umm Actually", Brennan quickly buzzed in and did the Umm Actually version of Siobhan's answer, and Trapp said "Sorry, that's incorrect." :discourse:

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

boxen posted:

I loved the bit where Siobhan buzzed in and answered, Trapp said she didn't say "Umm Actually", Brennan quickly buzzed in and did the Umm Actually version of Siobhan's answer, and Trapp said "Sorry, that's incorrect." :discourse:

Brennan mournfully realizing he can't complain about having an answer stolen from him in that method because he's done it so much himself was great too. As was him pushing Siobhan to give a "get in the comments!" Everyone wanting to dethrone and/or humiliate Brennan because of his competetiveness is a good running gag.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Battle Royale does not disappoint.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Very good first episode, they picked a great crew.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The first challenge dragged but even they acknowledged it and that helped. Amazing episode.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

A Battle Royals prediction I’ve had since it was announced:

I’m confident enough that I’m putting it in spoiler tags.

Beardsley wins. The extra info about the ending of Sam Says is the fact that they used their plane ticket to anywhere in the world to go to NYC.

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

Pleads posted:

Very good first episode, they picked a great crew.

Any episode with Jacob W is absolute gold.

Spoilering it because my partner and I geeked out when they walked on stage.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Schrute Nation posted:

Any episode with Jacob W is absolute gold.

Spoilering it because my partner and I geeked out when they walked on stage.

Jacob's fake poo poo-stirring in that last bit was the funniest thing.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Subscribed to Dropout for the first time. Before I go through too many seasons of D20, I was wondering if there is any list or other way of telling what content is only available on Dropout? I've watched CH's youtube for a few years and caught a bunch of one-off Dropout teasers they put on there, plus the regular release stuff like No-Laugh Newsroom. If not I guess I'll just have to try and remember while watching.

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Insurrectionist posted:

Subscribed to Dropout for the first time. Before I go through too many seasons of D20, I was wondering if there is any list or other way of telling what content is only available on Dropout? I've watched CH's youtube for a few years and caught a bunch of one-off Dropout teasers they put on there, plus the regular release stuff like No-Laugh Newsroom. If not I guess I'll just have to try and remember while watching.

I don't think there's an easy way, other than browsing dimension 20's (https://www.youtube.com/@dimension20show/videos) and collegehumor's (https://www.youtube.com/@collegehumor/videos) youtube channels and comparing.

For full seasons of Dimension 20, I THINK the only full seasons that were ever on youtube are season 1 of Fantasy High and Escape from the Bloodkeep.

If you're planning on blowing through all of the Dimension 20 seasons, one nice thing Dropout has (for newer seasons, at least) is playlists of the episodes immediately followed by the Adventuring Party for that episode. I really liked watching an episode and then its talkback right afterward, versus watching the episode, browsing to the other show, and then trying to match up which AP was for which episode. I think they're called the "Complete Edition" or something? IE, "A Court of Fey and Flowers Complete Edition" or something similar.
There's also audio-only episodes/playlists if you want to listen to them more like a podcast.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I listened to Fantasy High season 1 as a podcast. I think they do as good a job as possible, but there was just some helpful context missing at times. Combat in particular is tricky.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Insurrectionist posted:

The Umm...Actually's with the actual decent set are only on Dropout besides a couple episodes they put up as promos, same with Breaking News.

A lot of it you just need to look at the set, and if it's a decent set odds are it's from Dropout not College Humor. Stuff like Rank Room, Breaking News, and Umm..Actually were on College Humor but got upgraded on Dropout.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!
Both Umm Actually and Breaking News (the Dropout versions) get released to YouTube just on a big delay.

Umm Actually I think is still working through pandemic episodes, Breaking News is a bit more random but has post-pandemic stuff (maybe even the latest season? The most recent thing I recognized at a glance was the one with "Dropout America" which is pretty recent I think)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

enki42 posted:

Both Umm Actually and Breaking News (the Dropout versions) get released to YouTube just on a big delay.

Umm Actually I think is still working through pandemic episodes, Breaking News is a bit more random but has post-pandemic stuff (maybe even the latest season? The most recent thing I recognized at a glance was the one with "Dropout America" which is pretty recent I think)

Breaking News used to be like every other episode went up on YT.

kiminewt
Feb 1, 2022

As always newcomers to Dropout must first drop everything and watch Total Forgiveness.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

kiminewt posted:

As always newcomers to Dropout must first drop everything and watch Total Forgiveness.

You will never understand the weirdness that is Grant Anthony O'Brien unless you do...

Schrute Nation
May 29, 2007
Ha,Ha...Thought you could keep me out didja?

kiminewt posted:

We stumbled up this series and spent our afternoon watching it. Among the usual great shows, Total Forgiveness had us agree our sub was money well spent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

I'm binging Total Forgiveness now and it is both a fantastic series and also just a lowkey sad premise with an uncomfortable undertone of exploitative capitalism (which tbf is also a common undercurrent of their game shows and they use it to great effect and no I won't stop watching)

But if these challenges keep leaning on public embarrassment I'ma have to skip more and more parts because I have whatever the german word is that makes me hate it so much.