Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Lately I've been feeling drained--I only wish to be entertained
I'm playing through Pokemon Crystal, which I snagged on the Virtual Console right before it went down. I've never played it before and while I do miss 20 years of quality of life changes, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Got an Elekid from the Odd Egg and stumbled upon a Heracross early on and they've been MVPs. The only thing that's killing me is how hard it is to catch legendaries in this generation, I'm trying to do it legitimately but I may break down and just clone some Master Balls when I get one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Deeters posted:

Finally got Samurott with Pelipper. Had fire and water Tauros, plus a Koraidon as teammates. I think we all fainted at least once, but spamming chilling water made a difference. Then I used hurricane once it was down in the red. Pelipper is definitely a tank in this one.

Yeah, Pelipper was good in this one. I also used Pelipper to get Cinderace. I just wish we had Home support so I can use the shiny one I caught in Ultra Moon.

no broccoli please
Apr 20, 2007

no broccoli please you are nice here is a Nathaniel Hawthorne avatar

no broccoli please posted:

Pigs are flying for April Fools. I think this is real though.

Edit: yes it's real. Code is free, and there's a Lechonk Gamestop exclusive card if you spend $15 on TCG cards.

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/receive-a-flying-tera-type-lechonk-at-gamestop-and-eb-games

Further info on this, it goes til April 15th.
Flying Tera Lechonk in a Cherish Ball with a Classic Ribbon. Why not?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

They have added Lechonk plush and also SERPERIOR plush to Pokemon Center UK. riches

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

TheThirst posted:

I'm playing through Pokemon Crystal, which I snagged on the Virtual Console right before it went down. I've never played it before and while I do miss 20 years of quality of life changes, I'm having a lot of fun with it. Got an Elekid from the Odd Egg and stumbled upon a Heracross early on and they've been MVPs. The only thing that's killing me is how hard it is to catch legendaries in this generation, I'm trying to do it legitimately but I may break down and just clone some Master Balls when I get one.

If there's a reasonable method to clone Master Balls, I strongly recommend doing that. Catching the roaming legendaries is the worst, but even the stationary ones are a pain. I had a fun time with VC Crystal until I attempted to catch Lugia, and after several attempts where it stubbornly used Recover over and over to waste my time until it ran out of PP and used Struggle to faint itself, I just put the game down and never came back.

I'm glad newer Pokémon games cooled it on the absurdly low catch rates for legendaries (thank you, Timer/Repeat/Dusk Balls) and ditched the massively unfun roaming legendaries.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
The swish DLC sorta had roaming legendaries, but in a much less annoying way

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

HopperUK posted:

They have added Lechonk plush and also SERPERIOR plush to Pokemon Center UK. riches

I don't care so much about those but I was browsing just now and they have a Swinub plush which I am sorely tempted by

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Hammerite posted:

I don't care so much about those but I was browsing just now and they have a Swinub plush which I am sorely tempted by

Those 'Sitting Cuties' are really nice. They put microbeads in the bottom of them so they sit nicely.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I love that they make them for every Pokemon, so even if your favorite is something weird like Trash Cloak Wormadam who would otherwise never show up in merch you can get a cute little one to sit on your desk

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1642667835733278720

Next tera raid battle is Ditto, you know, for those who don't have one already.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I love that they make them for every Pokemon, so even if your favorite is something weird like Trash Cloak Wormadam who would otherwise never show up in merch you can get a cute little one to sit on your desk

lmao how can you hate on specifically Trash Cloak Wormadam, as a goon?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Forsythia posted:

If there's a reasonable method to clone Master Balls, I strongly recommend doing that. Catching the roaming legendaries is the worst, but even the stationary ones are a pain. I had a fun time with VC Crystal until I attempted to catch Lugia, and after several attempts where it stubbornly used Recover over and over to waste my time until it ran out of PP and used Struggle to faint itself, I just put the game down and never came back.

I'm glad newer Pokémon games cooled it on the absurdly low catch rates for legendaries (thank you, Timer/Repeat/Dusk Balls) and ditched the massively unfun roaming legendaries.

GSC had a box glitch for cloning pokemon that also copied held items, so you can get extra masterballs. It's kinda tricky to pull off and I'm not sure but it might risk corrupting your save, so your mileage may vary.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Lux Anima posted:

lmao how can you hate on specifically Trash Cloak Wormadam, as a goon?

I saw no hate there, just acknowledgement that it's not exactly marketable.

They recently released Luvdisc as a sitting cutie. I wanna get like five.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/SPchocota/status/1641031619459928067?s=20

HopperUK posted:

They recently released Luvdisc as a sitting cutie. I wanna get like five.
Oh ~ ~ my bad!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Zuzie posted:

If we get Home compatibility this week, my Shiny Magikarp's hour has come!
(We will not get Home this week)

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

HopperUK posted:

yup, you got it. I actually love Trash Wormadam—just used it for a run through Moon a couple months ago! I wanted to use a bunch of weird guys I’d otherwise never get the chance to, so it was on a team with Heatmor and a bunch of other fun sweeties I can’t remember

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm still annoyed that Sandy Cloak Wormadam is still the only fully evolved Bug/Ground Pokemon.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Zuzie posted:

I'm still annoyed that Sandy Cloak Wormadam is still the only fully evolved Bug/Ground Pokemon.

Maybe we'll get paradox Flygon

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

TheThirst posted:

I made this a couple years ago, I hope it helps:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Furnaceface posted:

Looks like your last game was most physical attacks so why not go the opposite this time? Special attacking Technician Persian, Vespiquen, Oricorio, Kilowattrel, Oranguru, Dedenne, and Rabsca are all uncommon but fun choices. I used the Persian and Rabsca in my run through the story and they were quite fun to figure out how to make work.

That's actually a good point especially considering I was eyeing Paldean Tauros too this time round. I probably use too many physical attackers.

I would totally have gotten Starmie my first time round if it was in the game, though. Favourite Psychic type.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

:3:

luvdisc is the real angel fish

no thoughts, just love

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I remember when Alomomola came out and everyone was convinced it was a Luvdisc evo.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

ApplesandOranges posted:

I remember when Alomomola came out and everyone was convinced it was a Luvdisc evo.

Luvdisc, Alomomola and Bruxish are all family in their hearts. Also, they are the Golden Girls.

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Chamale posted:

It really does, thanks so much! Luckily I've run into Entei and Raikou by chance already. On my way to the Elite Four now so soon I'll be able to grind what I need to catch them.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Zuzie posted:

I don't! Great news!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Zuzie posted:

So is this gonna be like the Dynamax version where any host with a Magikarp or another Ditto can just completely shut it down or will this one have actual attacks?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Chamale posted:

this rules

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Looper posted:

this rules

I like the "Good luck and happy hunting!" at the end

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Larryb posted:

So is this gonna be like the Dynamax version where any host with a Magikarp or another Ditto can just completely shut it down or will this one have actual attacks?

Yes unless they start using Limber Dittos in the raid.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Rudoku posted:

Yes unless they start using Limber Dittos in the raid.

I mean, even then Ditto would transform into the host.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

SV to me is like an entire game made up of the “Jigglypuff. As seen from above” gag. Been spending 27 years looking at these guys from a front 45 degree angle and my brain simply cannot process these new shapes.

TheThirst
Oct 26, 2006

Chamale posted:

Good news: this worked great and I got all of the legendary dogs!

Bad news: tried to duplicate my Typhlosion to get another master ball and it instead glitched out the box and Typhlosion is lost forever. RIP HotStuff.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

galagazombie posted:

SV to me is like an entire game made up of the “Jigglypuff. As seen from above” gag. Been spending 27 years looking at these guys from a front 45 degree angle and my brain simply cannot process these new shapes.

Every so often I think about how Jigglypuffs just blow away in the wind, just fuckin *gone* to space, and it cracks me up

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

HopperUK posted:

Every so often I think about how Jigglypuffs just blow away in the wind, just fuckin *gone* to space, and it cracks me up

The angry singing balloon with a mean streak and a permanent marker from the anime will always make me smile.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2j4IksCvaM4

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
why no transfers 😞

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Does this mean Colosseum/Gale of Darkness might have a chance?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mraagvpeine posted:

With the Gamecube virtual console on Switch 2

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

I sure hope so, those games are very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hell, I actually wouldn’t mind going back to the Orre region for a third game one day (Snap got a sequel decades after the fact after all)

Come to think of it, does the studio that helped on those games (Genius Sonority) still exist for that matter?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Apr 4, 2023