Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Darko posted:

They both want the same thing. Palpatine is all into cloning. And there maaayyy be some sequel book stuff going on in Mando.

I got this impression, that when we see a bunch of suspended Jedi corpses in Obi-Wan, their want for Omega in Bad Batch and the Kaminoan's knowledge, and the Mando stuff, it's all different branches Palpatine has going trying to find a way to get cloning w/ a lot of force power to work so when his body is going to kick it he'll have a fresh body to go into.

And I guess technically it worked since a clone up him banged someone and they had Rey. He just completely botched the final part in the dumbest way possible.

Isometric Bacon posted:

Yeah, this episode has a serious case of Star Wars instant teleporting from the Outer Rim from to Coruscant and back in the middle of a war.

It's a small thing, but it's pretty immersive breaking. Star Wars travel always moved at the speed of the plot, but the way Disney has treated hyperspace makes the universe feel tiny.

It did make me wonder like how constant is hyperdrive travel times?

Not that Star Wars is ever consistent with this stuff in the movies and shows but generally like if a ship has something on par with the Falcon's computer once they put L337 (sp?) into it, can you always zip to and from a place much faster than usual?

Like instead of plotting a course in hyperspace does a New Republic astromech droid have some confidential super-efficient hyperpsace route to Coruscant and wherever its pilot is stationed already ready to go for if there's an emergency?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Din Mandalorian just slaps on autopilot and takes a nap.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

omega is a macguffim for the kaminoan scientist to do cloning for the empire both because she represents a pure perfect copy or something of jangos dna without any decay or accelerated growth and because the scientist lady likes her

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Neo Rasa posted:

Like instead of plotting a course in hyperspace does a New Republic astromech droid have some confidential super-efficient hyperspace route to Coruscant and wherever its pilot is stationed already ready to go for if there's an emergency?

That's actually plausible, good catch. The best hyperspace routes would absolutely be a military secret.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Yeah I'm pretty sure secret hyperspace routes have been a plot point at times.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I think there's been mention in the past about filing "flight plans" of sorts as well.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Jerkface posted:

omega is a macguffim for the kaminoan scientist to do cloning for the empire both because she represents a pure perfect copy or something of jangos dna without any decay or accelerated growth and because the scientist lady likes her

The Empire doesn't care about Omega being the blood grail for the Kaminoan cloning program. Lama Su cared about that, and what he cared about ceased being relevant at the same time Tipoca City did. Hemlock appears to be doing his own thing, and only wants Omega as a means to get Nala Se to cooperate, since Nala Se has a deep emotional investiture in Omega's safety.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Arc Light posted:

It also results in your faction having no remaining allies and eventually getting wiped out, while the other groups that could actually work together go on to defeat the Empire.

Which is famously why the SRs, Trudoviks and Mensheviks stopped the Bolsheviks from seizing power for the Soviets and went on to win WWI and the civil war. 'Left Unity' is extremely over-rated.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Neo Rasa posted:

I got this impression, that when we see a bunch of suspended Jedi corpses in Obi-Wan, their want for Omega in Bad Batch and the Kaminoan's knowledge, and the Mando stuff, it's all different branches Palpatine has going trying to find a way to get cloning w/ a lot of force power to work so when his body is going to kick it he'll have a fresh body to go into.

And I guess technically it worked since a clone up him banged someone and they had Rey. He just completely botched the final part in the dumbest way possible.

It did make me wonder like how constant is hyperdrive travel times?

Not that Star Wars is ever consistent with this stuff in the movies and shows but generally like if a ship has something on par with the Falcon's computer once they put L337 (sp?) into it, can you always zip to and from a place much faster than usual?

Like instead of plotting a course in hyperspace does a New Republic astromech droid have some confidential super-efficient hyperpsace route to Coruscant and wherever its pilot is stationed already ready to go for if there's an emergency?

Hyperdrive's generally pretty fast, but (at least in Legacy) it's treated like navigating long-distance on a road trip; The big freeways are long straight Hyperlane routes free of anything inbetween to get you between the big hubs of the galaxy in one long cruising Jump, but if you want to get anywhere a bit more fiddly (like some remote system) you have to navigate around local obstacles (ie; There's a star system or two, or a rogue planet, or something in the way.) with several smaller Jumps. Hang a left at the next star system, then a jump to the one on the right, then you can pivot back around right again to actually get to your destination. Basically treating as space being largely big and empty, but the distances are so vast the odds of you hitting something midway are significant enough to take seriously.

Speed is also dictated by the ship's hyperdrive too. Star Destroyers are relatively slow and lumbering things, but the Millennium Falcon's been tinkered with so much it's waaay faster than a stock Hyperdrive and would get from A to B far sooner than a Star Destroyer would over the same distance in Hyperspace.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Isn't Navarro just off of the Hydian Way? I think they said that back in the episode where Grogu went to school and ate blue Macarons while Mando infiltrated a Dark Forces base.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
Does anyone know if they recycled some of Ben Mendelsohn's lines from Rogue One for his cameo episode?
I find it hilarious that they would bring Krennic's original actor back for literally three words.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Dave Syndrome posted:

Does anyone know if they recycled some of Ben Mendelsohn's lines from Rogue One for his cameo episode?
I find it hilarious that they would bring Krennic's original actor back for literally three words.

I dunno, they got Liam Neeson back for cameos that small.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

Mendelsohn's a huge nerd, he'd come back for it. Like how Peter Cushing was bummed out that they killed off Tarkin at the end of A New Hope because he was down to keep playing the character forever he loved it so much.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
I'm ready to dive in and finally marathon Clone Wars. Is there a recommended viewing order as I've seen talk how the D+ order is messed up. Getting conflicting advice from the internet. Assuming I'm willing to watch it all, what's the consensus for best experience?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Parkingtigers posted:

I'm ready to dive in and finally marathon Clone Wars. Is there a recommended viewing order as I've seen talk how the D+ order is messed up. Getting conflicting advice from the internet. Assuming I'm willing to watch it all, what's the consensus for best experience?

Going to guess someone's trying to tell you to watch it in chronological, rather than release order. Don't bother with that poo poo, just watch release order, which is what I'd guess D+ has.

sad question
May 30, 2020

What would happen if someone blew up the Darksaber? Would the mandalorians just lose the will to live, lay down and die

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Parkingtigers posted:

what's the consensus for best experience?

Watching it all.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Going to guess someone's trying to tell you to watch it in chronological, rather than release order. Don't bother with that poo poo, just watch release order, which is what I'd guess D+ has.

I just thought there was discussion about how D+ doesn't have it in release order though. Which is why I'm confused. If I can just have the app play that poo poo in the order they have it I'll happily take that. It just felt weird that on the 2nd episode there's a baby Asoka and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to have been introduced to her already because it felt very much like an episode with previously introduced characters.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Parkingtigers posted:

I just thought there was discussion about how D+ doesn't have it in release order though. Which is why I'm confused. If I can just have the app play that poo poo in the order they have it I'll happily take that. It just felt weird that on the 2nd episode there's a baby Asoka and I'm wondering if I'm supposed to have been introduced to her already because it felt very much like an episode with previously introduced characters.

The movie (which is 4 episodes in a trenchcoat) is listed separately and should be watched first.

Release order is fine. It's weird for the end of S1 and maybe one or two other times but it really doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things.

sad question
May 30, 2020

Ahsoka is Anakin's padawan, now you don't need to watch the (bad) movie.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

sad question posted:

Ahsoka is Anakin's padawan, now you don't need to watch the (bad) movie.

But it has an amazing callback in the final story of the entire series

Plus, nothing wrong with seeing TCW at its absolute lowest, right?

*remembers Jar Jar and the droid episodes*

...third-lowest

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

The way dorks talk about how you need to watch Clone Wars in a specific fan curated way remind of the dorks that insist you can't play a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video game unless you cake on multiple fan mods.

The best way to get an artistic entity's vision on a given intellectual property will always be to consume it the way it was originally published by the artistic entity, or republished by the artistic entity in some rare cases where that's a thing.

In the case of Clone Wars, there's highs and lows and heres and theres, but it's worthwhile to take it as a holistic vision of the clone wars.

The droid episodes are great.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jehde posted:

The way dorks talk about how you need to watch Clone Wars in a specific fan curated way remind of the dorks that insist you can't play a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. video game unless you cake on multiple fan mods.

The best way to get an artistic entity's vision on a given intellectual property will always be to consume it the way it was originally published by the artistic entity, or republished by the artistic entity in some rare cases where that's a thing.

In the case of Clone Wars, there's highs and lows and heres and theres, but it's worthwhile to take it as a holistic vision of the clone wars.

The droid episodes are great.

Yeah if you're going to watch it just watch it. There are some dud episodes but these lists that skip half the series miss out on a whole bunch of character development and interactions.

Depends what droid episodes you mean. D Squad has its moments but goes on too long. C3PO and R2's wild adventure is bad.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

The time I really think chronological order is even worth caring about is the end of S1/S2 because it's weird that Cad Bane gets introduced twice in a row pulling off unrelated schemes.

stev posted:

Depends what droid episodes you mean. D Squad has its moments but goes on too long. C3PO and R2's wild adventure is bad.

The R2 episodes in the first season are not great. They were some of the earliest ones made and didn't get the polishing that the ones converted into the movie received so the animation is really rough.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

nine-gear crow posted:

Mendelsohn's a huge nerd, he'd come back for it. Like how Peter Cushing was bummed out that they killed off Tarkin at the end of A New Hope because he was down to keep playing the character forever he loved it so much.

Cushing would have been into warhams if he was born a few decades later.

Man was a massive grognard.

:allears:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
How old would Omega be during The Mandalorian. 40ish? I’m all hosed up on the timeline, now.

And, yes, I want that to happen.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Marsupial Ape posted:

How old would Omega be during The Mandalorian. 40ish? I’m all hosed up on the timeline, now.

And, yes, I want that to happen.

Internet says Mando season 3 takes place in 11 years ABY, which is 7 years after Return of the Jedi.

Bad Batch takes place 19 years BBY.

Omega is supposed to be 13-15 in Bad Batch.

That’d make Omega in her early to mid 40’s by the time of Mando season 3.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

NowonSA posted:

I'm honestly expecting more of a "Dark Troopers are partly made of Beskar!" cop out though.

Kesper North posted:

I don't think the Dark Troopers are 40 percent Beskar, for one simple reason:

We've seen Luke Skywalker slice them and dice them as though they were ordinary droids.
Yeah we know Dark Troopers are made out of Phrik

Pops Mgee posted:

Lightsabers are all kinda magic. Rey’s lightsaber called to her and gave her visions. All the kyber crystals inside are connected to the force somehow.
That was force psychometry, not the saber itself

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Apr 3, 2023

Hellbore
Jan 25, 2012

Gonz posted:

Internet says Mando season 3 takes place in 11 years ABY, which is 7 years after Return of the Jedi.

Bad Batch takes place 19 years BBY.

Omega is supposed to be 13-15 in Bad Batch.

Boba was 13 in 19 BBY, and Omega would have to be either the same age or younger.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hellbore posted:

Boba was 13 in 19 BBY, and Omega would have to be either the same age or younger.

Boba looks old because he was partially digested.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

nine-gear crow posted:

Like how Peter Cushing was bummed out that they killed off Tarkin at the end of A New Hope because he was down to keep playing the character forever

I have great news for him

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Gonz posted:

Keisha Castle-Hughes is 33, and can probably pull that off. (As easily as Sackhoff does with a 50+ Bo-Katan).

Emerie Karr already looks close to what Castle-Hughes looks like now anyway, so might as well bring another voice actor into the role as the live action version.

Your Family
Feb 18, 2023

fartknocker posted:

If you don’t want to go through the entire series, I usually recommend this list

Thanks for that, I'll probably end up using it.

We're only here to un-do the damage you've done to our family name.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

stev posted:

Yeah if you're going to watch it just watch it. There are some dud episodes but these lists that skip half the series miss out on a whole bunch of character development and interactions.

I was thinking D squad, but I was also conflating the Rebels' droid episodes with the Clone Wars ones in my head. R2 and 3PO ain't got poo poo on Chop and AP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7dxrzs568

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jehde posted:

I was thinking D squad, but I was also conflating the Rebels' droid episodes with the Clone Wars ones in my head. R2 and 3PO ain't got poo poo on Chop and AP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD7dxrzs568

The CLANG at the end :allears:

Also, more YJA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi1uEmRgJZU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Teek posted:

Keisha Castle-Hughes is 33, and can probably pull that off. (As easily as Sackhoff does with a 50+ Bo-Katan).

Emerie Karr already looks close to what Castle-Hughes looks like now anyway, so might as well bring another voice actor into the role as the live action version.

My partner wants to catch up with Clone Wars episodes about Mandalorian culture before jumping into Mando season 3. I can say that from her perspective, Sackhoff playing that old was incredibly confusing in sorting out where we were in the timeline. Especially when her character doesn't look super young in TCW.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I mean mandalorian s3 is being strategically ambiguous about exactly where it is in the timeline, especially if you take into account favreau's press tour remarks. I guess it's a trade of that sort of confusion for "storytelling flexibility"

No Mods No Masters fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Apr 3, 2023

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Also, exactly how long of a period it's stretched over. The masks help a lot and the one of the biggest indicators happens to be a being that ages incredibly slow and is basically still considered a baby at the age of 50+. I wouldn't be very surprised to find that in the next few episodes, the Mandos basically have a biggish town already built. Or one of those dome things halfway done.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

oh poo poo maybe the dome cities are the eruv-helmet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

feedmyleg posted:

My partner wants to catch up with Clone Wars episodes about Mandalorian culture before jumping into Mando season 3. I can say that from her perspective, Sackhoff playing that old was incredibly confusing in sorting out where we were in the timeline. Especially when her character doesn't look super young in TCW.

It's one of those things that doesn't make a ton of sense if you think about it for too long, but I personally accept because if you can get Katee Sackhoff, you get Katee Sackhoff, logic be damned. I'm just going with "Bo Katan ages well".