Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

LionYeti posted:

It's because they can't go into details because they'd give the game away.

Yeah but that wasn't my point. They talk so much faster than typical news broadcasts.

Regarding the cuts - I can't wait to see what happens with Kevin Dunn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Dango Bango posted:

Yeah but that wasn't my point. They talk so much faster than typical news broadcasts.

Regarding the cuts - I can't wait to see what happens with Kevin Dunn

Dunno why he would go, Vince said he'd never get rid, and he's a workhouse for all his lovely lovely faults.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

MassRafTer posted:

This very company went on a firing spree when they bought UFC firing a ton of old office staff and legacy fighters who had been hired for exec positions to reward them for their loyalty to the company.
So who should TK hire

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Same

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

Endeavor is literally the one company more fire-friendly than WWE and demonstrated it soon after getting UFC in the first place, it's going to be a bloodbath

But not Regal, right!?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I’m glad Vince is learning, growing and doing better

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

"Mr. Nm McMahon, what about that mustache?"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Coaaab posted:

So who should TK hire

Cody

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Coaaab posted:

So who should TK hire

Honestly some of their outreach people. The sending a championship belt to the winner of every sports league is so good for free publicity.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Adrenaline

In my soul

Say goodbye to cody rhodes

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Regal so soon after being called out on the lie would at least have to wait to be taken back by Tony

Cody :rubby: Any comeback he'd make would begin minimum with no title runs, even midcard

Tony snatches up Sami and Kevin, that's it probably/ideally

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

So it was basically Crow's statement from this episode (around 1:52:54 if the timestamp doesn't work)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ItFb1Rwn5A&t=6774s

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

does anyone know if I have stock in WWE will it transfer to TKO? I have zero experience with stock but wanted to try and make some money off this evil company. Suck out the evil as it was.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Shard posted:

does anyone know if I have stock in WWE will it transfer to TKO? I have zero experience with stock but wanted to try and make some money off this evil company. Suck out the evil as it was.

Yeah it'll likely be converted but the stock is down 5% today and with TKO putting all their eggs in the media rights basket when WWE has been a money loser for Fox, I would sell my stock if I had any left

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Listen now I've made some big mistakes but you better believe I have paid my way out of each and every one of 'em

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

NienNunb posted:

Vincent McPrice

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah it'll likely be converted but the stock is down 5% today and with TKO putting all their eggs in the media rights basket when WWE has been a money loser for Fox, I would sell my stock if I had any left

Those media rights are gonna be a big flop.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

AsInHowe posted:

Do not count on wwe having things go poorly for them

Never expect consequences

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah honestly I bought the stocks this morning, I've made $65 already this morning. And from all past experiences WWE will only thrive when we all think they should die

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

rotinaj posted:

Do not count on wwe having things go poorly for them

Never expect consequences

I should do a longer explainer post on this, but there isn't really a destination for those rights to go in the current landscape for even the same amount of money, much less an increase. Short of them getting packaged with LIV Golf on the CW, every landing spot doesn't need or have room for them.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

AsInHowe posted:

I should do a longer explainer post on this, but there isn't really a destination for those rights to go in the current landscape for even the same amount of money, much less an increase. Short of them getting packaged with LIV Golf on the CW, every landing spot doesn't need or have room for them.

They will definitely receive their comeuppance this time

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

AsInHowe posted:

Yeah I think people are mistaking the past blind spots around the media rights explosion during a time when interest rates were low and the economy was on fire as “number goes up forever”. The Fox deal has already been exposed for Fox losing money on it and that deal was made years ago. Why would someone pay even more for Smackdown when money is more expensive, which affects borrowing power, ad rates, everything that makes a big deal worth doing.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

JUNGLE BOY posted:

john waters if he abused steroids

Burt Reynolds wax figure got left too close to a fireplace

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Fans refer to him as "Vince," which has always struck me as being overly familiar. He should be referred to by his proper title, The Rapist Vince McMahon

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Endeavor sell Tony the WCW tapes :argh:

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Shard posted:

Yes they will, and whatever brokerage account you use (like E-Trade or Robinhood etc) will reflect the change once it officially happens

Also lol at WWE. Failing upwards constantly, disappointing their fans who somehow became more rabid and excited about this dogshit product every year, terrible production, Saudi blood money, making more money than ever, and in the end we can trace it back to Vince not letting Shane buy the UFC then allowing ultimate fighter to go after raw. Lol

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Coaaab posted:

So who should TK hire

My only friend in the company.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Brock should fight again

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

Shard posted:

Yeah honestly I bought the stocks this morning, I've made $65 already this morning. And from all past experiences WWE will only thrive when we all think they should die

On the one hand, this is probably true

On the other hand, it feels like the same mentality that a lot of cryptobros and goldbugs had, that number would only ever go up, and welp

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

AsInHowe posted:

And that's why we have ads plastered around the entire ring at Wrestlemania during matches, where the poo poo lives on in perpetuity. It's only going to get worse

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

More incriminating of being a sex pest than the million dollar payouts.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/wrestling_cr/status/1642706378199277570?s=20

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

shane mcmahon joining the white power slap league in an effort to gain his father’s love without the use of his legs

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Trying posted:

Fans refer to him as "Vince," which has always struck me as being overly familiar. He should be referred to by his proper title, The Rapist Vince McMahon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FV112gTPGc

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

They can generate large revenues turning those plevs into papes. It brings me no joy to report this

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
I suddenly realized, Vince looks like the decaying reanimated corpse of Tennessee Williams, if he was reanimated shortly after dying

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

God its amazing that Dana Whites CTE Hour not only got greenlit but didn't get cancelled after video came out of him slapping his wife.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

JUNGLE BOY posted:

Yeah I think people are mistaking the past blind spots around the media rights explosion during a time when interest rates were low and the economy was on fire as “number goes up forever”. The Fox deal has already been exposed for Fox losing money on it and that deal was made years ago. Why would someone pay even more for Smackdown when money is more expensive, which affects borrowing power, ad rates, everything that makes a big deal worth doing.

Also, why would Fox renew that deal, with a big increase? Why would any other network give them that increased deal, after seeing what just happened?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Sydney Bottocks posted:

I suddenly realized, Vince looks like the decaying reanimated corpse of Tennessee Williams, if he was reanimated shortly after dying

Skinning the Hot Tin Roof

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I would not be surprised if the business strategy guys who will have power at the new company weren’t watching NXT Stand and Deliver thinking “hey this resembles sports entertainment and these people are only getting paid $50k, why the hell are we paying so much for the rest of the roster”

Like there was a point under Vince’s regime where it seemed like WWE was headed towards Roman Reigns and 2 or 3 other established names and then like a dozen green Reggies and Omos types making 5 figures filling out the rest of the show and I have to wonder if they’re not headed back towards that direction. Why pay The Good Brothers good money to do literally nothing of note?