Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

WWE did some C- grade shows and suddenly AEW was dead that's pretty funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

there's always room for blood money, apparently

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Answers Me posted:

https://twitter.com/ShiningPolaris/status/1642745671718699010?s=20

It lands right on him lmao, closest I’ve come to feeling sorry for him.

‘The comedy rubber chicken was meant for Roman but it hit Cody instead’ somehow feels like the perfect metaphor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufSQMXLO95w&t=105s

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Hope Vince keeps putting on Walter matches that I can watch the next day, that’s all I really care about here.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/Franklinaire/status/1642898205082886144

Lmao

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Suplex Liberace posted:

oh mother wheres my booking sheets

Zorak Reigns and his buddy, Brak Lesnar

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

For you the day that I booked Cody to lose was the most important day of your life. For me it was MONDAY NIGHT RAAAWWWW

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

holy poo poo

Suplex Liberace posted:

can i interest you in some DPW?

I was at DPW last weekend and it was the best pro wrestling I've seen in ages, and not just because I was practically ringside for all the action. Went in only being familiar with the Workhorsemen and by the end of the night I was a fan of everybody on that card.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
When prescience happens, it must be credited

History Comes Inside! posted:

I’m not a WWE fan so whoever wins I don’t really give a poo poo and I’m still not going to watch the shows.

The only thing I care about is how loving funny it would be for Cody to lose because it would be incredibly loving funny if leaving the company he started to go back to one he spent years talking poo poo about so he could win the big belt his dad never did at the biggest show in the business ended in him not doing that.

Even if he just wins it at backlash or summer slam or some random blood money Saudi show it doesn’t diminish how funny this loss would be.

Please do the funny thing WWE.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

NienNunb posted:

Hope Vince keeps putting on Walter matches that I can watch the next day, that’s all I really care about here.

OK but imagine Walter gets fired & Walter moves to Japan to work full-time for All Japan Pro Wrestling. Awwww yeah

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont know if anyone's brought this up but it's so funny to me that cody lost

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

they had a guy come out and bop him

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is the samoan spike supposed to be like an actual spike or something

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

explosivo posted:

It's a thumb to the throat.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm glad Cody Rhodes had an awesome plan ready to counter The Bloodline, the faction that literally interferes (multiple times) in every Roman Reigns match. I just don't think "Absorb Solo's spike with my neck" was a good plan.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

That DICK! posted:

they had a guy come out and bop him

and it was the same guy thrown out earlier just coming back out again

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Thinking about Cody losing today

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

Lmao this is the company that melted down over a fork being used as a weapon.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
i though about signing up a free Peacock trail and staying up to watch the Cody match.

lol glad i didn't

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

haven't watched this garbage since 2019, checked out the wrestlemania results and it looks like literally nothing changed

welp, see ya next year psp!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

That tag main event from night 1 was really good. Happy for those boys.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

That tag main event from night 1 was really good. Happy for those boys.

They’re losing those tonight but yes it was great

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
I really wonder if this Endeavor merger screwed Cody over. Like the plan was for him to win all along and then they closed the deal, and Vince was like “sorry kid, but we need stability and a proven quantity going into this thing, Roman is going to have to hold onto it for awhile longer, you understand, it’s just business”

Somehow that’s even funnier to me

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Why are bad things funny

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Get that midcard poo poo off of Sami so he can win the world title in his real home, Puerto Rico.

kinetic77
Jun 23, 2010

The deal should include this for Vince

https://youtu.be/AKE9W0O8bX8

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

StarkRavingMad posted:

I really wonder if this Endeavor merger screwed Cody over. Like the plan was for him to win all along and then they closed the deal, and Vince was like “sorry kid, but we need stability and a proven quantity going into this thing, Roman is going to have to hold onto it for awhile longer, you understand, it’s just business”

“I owe you one pal”

Eat My Fuc posted:

Why are bad things funny

I ask myself this a lot too. Like Gargano looking at his hands and wondering how he could be so violent. Just the way things are I guess

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

StarkRavingMad posted:

Pretty sure SRS said last night that this had been the plan for weeks.

This really is just what they wanted to do. They really are just that bad at this. Which is the funniest outcome of all.

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

StarkRavingMad posted:

I think it's more like 'let's make people pay $79.99 on PPV to actually see the babyface win'

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

The Samoan Spike is a cool finisher but it takes both guys to make it look good.

Like when Umaga did it, it looked awesome. Solo needs to work on it a little more

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
i guess theoretically a merged future Endeavor would have more money/prestige to get a Rock match, but i doubt it

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

This was always the plan and lol if you let Lucy convince you the football was going to stay this time and Sami lost was just to make sure Cody had a moment

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

may my sorrow bring joy to my friends

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i guess theoretically a merged future Endeavor would have more money/prestige to get a Rock match, but i doubt it

$14 billion in debt after the purchase what’s another $5 million to get a 12 minute Rock match that does 1.3x their normal viewership

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Eat My Fuc posted:

I hope Cody references that rubber chicken in his promos going forward

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

This will be cheaper than the jackets and surely everyone will agree this would settle the debt. I’m a size large

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Eat My Fuc posted:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

"All I wanted was to create the perfect genetic hoss. Not for power! Not for good! But for money!"

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

MJeff posted:

Pretty sure SRS said last night that this had been the plan for weeks.

This really is just what they wanted to do. They really are just that bad at this. Which is the funniest outcome of all.

It's extra dumb if this was the plan all along. Why did Cody beat Solo on Raw if they had this finish booked? Why not save that match for this coming PPV?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

81sidewinder posted:

It's extra dumb if this was the plan all along. Why did Cody beat Solo on Raw if they had this finish booked? Why not save that match for this coming PPV?

Because they're incompetent.