Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

euphronius posted:

less work than a teacher

FizFashizzle posted:

“Nice little princess shift you have there.”

-healthcare workers, everywhere

these two posts underline one of the reasons non-rich people will never have class solidarity: whenever someone complains about their work conditions, there's always someone else who tries to one-up them with "shut up and stop complaining, others have it worse than you"

meanwhile rich people continue to increase their share of wealth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wow thanks for the insightful information loser

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

these two posts underline one of the reasons non-rich people will never have class solidarity: whenever someone complains about their work conditions, there's always someone else who tries to one-up them with "shut up and stop complaining, others have it worse than you"

gently caress that investment banker lol

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
they're a PARASITE!

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

The Eskimos supposedly committed senilicide by putting their elderly on a ice flow and then just bon voyaging them off. I'm not sure if we can do this though, can you make ice flows out of oil?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

that lady is easily clearing half a million a year

Gorson posted:

The Eskimos supposedly committed senilicide by putting their elderly on a ice flow and then just bon voyaging them off. I'm not sure if we can do this though, can you make ice flows out of oil?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gorson posted:

Does plastic count?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Solidarity would be making a video about her nephew's teacher's daily routine. Moaning about a tedious but safe (and profitable) job is not solidarity.

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i'm gonna be an investment banker in the commune

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

her work conditions consist of sending emails

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

did you know theres 1500 train derailments a year and this is very normal and good and the media is to blame

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

she shouldn't be expected to send worthless emails at 11pm though. in fact she should never be expected to send emails in exchange for compensation.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

anonumos posted:

Solidarity would be making a video about her nephew's teacher's daily routine. Moaning about a tedious but safe (and profitable) job is not solidarity.

she might be making a few hundred thousand a year but that's still nothing compared to the astronomical amounts that Capital commands

you might argue she contributes to the problem but also IMO nobody should have a job that requires them to work 90 hours a week

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

she might be making a few hundred thousand a year but that's still nothing compared to the astronomical amounts that Capital commands

you might argue she contributes to the problem but also IMO nobody should have a job that requires them to work 90 hours a week

how many emails do you have to send to be worth a few hundred thousand a year

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

they must be very good emails

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Chain probe.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

RealityWarCriminal posted:

they must be very good emails

you know they are the best because they are very expensive

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

the cops are harassed a lot more than investment bankers in this very forum so I like to think class solidarity starts with them. they also work 90 hours a week.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Woke Mind Virus posted:

the cops are harassed a lot more than investment bankers in this very forum so I like to think class solidarity starts with them. they also work 90 hours a week.

Yeah I remember reading about some of them working 25 hours a day, poor things.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

wont anybody think about capitals enforcers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

switching topic to more proof paris is the best

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
In the same month i lose that court case my loving dog dies from a tumor hitting her lung and causing her to start violently shaking and coughing up blood. When it rains it pours I guess.

I’ll always miss her. 18.5 years is a long time for a dog. She had so much more to give. At least sje was able to reach the ER and pass on our arms sedated and not afraid. It’s so quiet here now. :smith:

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Apr 3, 2023

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

FlapYoJacks posted:

In the same month i lose that court case my loving dog dies from a tumor hitting her lung and causing her to start violently shaking and coughing up blood. When it rains it pours I guess.

I’ll always miss her. 18.5 years is a long time for a dog. She had so much more to give. At least sue was able to reach the ER and pass on our arms sedated and not afraid. :smith:

gently caress, im sorry :(

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
solidarity with all the investment bankers out there

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FlapYoJacks posted:

I’ll always miss her. 18.5 years is a long time for a dog. She had so much more to give. At least sje was able to reach the ER and pass on our arms sedated and not afraid. It’s so quiet here now. :smith:

Oh that sucks, I’m really sorry :(

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

did you appeal Flap your jacks?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

did you know theres 1500 train derailments a year and this is very normal and good and the media is to blame

Acknowledging bad things happening helps the Republicans.

There have been 0 train derailments since Joe took office. He loves trains.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

FlapYoJacks posted:

condolences our dog went through something similar with a cancerous tumor in her neck

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Thorn's point is right overall, but lmao at doing it for a investment banker day trader. I'm sure later he will defend landlord's or something because he is a right winger.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

FlapYoJacks posted:

Sorry for the loss of your family member.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

email senders gotta stick together

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

FlapYoJacks posted:

That really sucks man, I'm so sorry

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

Thorn's point is right overall, but lmao at doing it for a investment banker day trader. I'm sure later he will defend landlord's or something because he is a right winger.

solidarity with the police ✊

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

I wonder if anyone assigns performance/pay to day traders based solely on the number of emails they’re sending/responding to?

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.
https://twitter.com/WallStreetSilv/status/1642790113892528129

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

is pepsi ok posted:

Acknowledging bad things happening helps the Republicans.

There have been 0 train derailments since Joe took office. He loves trains.

Any derailments that might have happened have been because of the orange man! What can Biden do to stop them, he's only had over 2 years!

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Chain probe.

aren't you the idiot who argued that people with the word "manager" in their job title aren't really part of Labor? and kept quadrupling down after people pointed out that an account manager, for example, doesn't actually manage people?

Mr Hootington posted:

really cool that the thread IK just casually smears posters he dislikes

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

you know whats cool creep you defending 1500 train derailments as no big deal