Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Yakuza basically stole the "least convincingly nonlethal combat" trophy from Arkham Asylum and proudly held it aloft while high-angle German Suplexing a teenager into a concrete planter box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Kazuma Kiryu has never killed somebody

Never

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Breetai posted:

Yakuza basically stole the "least convincingly nonlethal combat" trophy from Arkham Asylum and proudly held it aloft while high-angle German Suplexing a teenager into a concrete planter box.
It didn't steal it, it always had it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98UpAhyD3wc

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (the GTA, let's face it, no-one played) has Phil Collins in it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'll take your word for it

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philippe posted:

I'll take your word for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrcUDRUBjw

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It doesn’t seem to be mentioned anywhere in the game but metroid prime remake added a morph ball jump button so you don’t have to wait through bomb jumps.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Owl Inspector posted:

It doesn’t seem to be mentioned anywhere in the game but metroid prime remake added a morph ball jump button so you don’t have to wait through bomb jumps.

Wait, what? :stare:

I played through the whole thing and never knew.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Like the spring ball from 3?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It'd be sick if the upcoming Spider-Man game had alt-story DLC on some more goofy stories. Like Spiders-Man (the colony of spiders that think they're Peter Parker Spider-Man) or a Punisher Spider-Man that that just lets people fall off buildings and has guns as gadgets.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Wait, what? :stare:

I played through the whole thing and never knew.

Yup, just press X in morph ball. I assume it doesn’t enable until you have morph ball bombs.

I’m through most of the remake and already hungry for a prime 2 remake. this is so good. It’s pretty high praise to the original game that they could get away with changing almost nothing but the visuals and controls and it still completely holds up, because it’s what, 20 years old at this point?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Never

I mean, they've all wished they were dead afterwards...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Samovar posted:

I mean, they've all wished they were dead afterwards...

Well you know how the saying goes 'Any crash you can walk away from is a good crash!'

People tend to pick themselves off the ground even after he hits them with a motorcycle so it can't be all bad.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

kiryu is extremely good at pulling his punches, stabs, and motorcycles

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And also bullets.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

And helicopter crashes.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Owl Inspector posted:

Yup, just press X in morph ball. I assume it doesn’t enable until you have morph ball bombs.

I’m through most of the remake and already hungry for a prime 2 remake. this is so good. It’s pretty high praise to the original game that they could get away with changing almost nothing but the visuals and controls and it still completely holds up, because it’s what, 20 years old at this point?

Got the ball and bombs last night, can confirm spring ball immediately unlocks when you get bombs. Was worried I would need space jump or something silly first.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Croccers posted:

It didn't steal it, it always had it.

Batman got the trophy back in Arkham Knight, where you can smash pedestrians out of the way with the batmobile at highway speeds and it’s still nonlethal

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Are there pedestrians in Arkham Knight? I thought both City and Knight had story reasons for why it was basically The Purge out in Gotham and all the innocents were mostly not around.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Pretty much all the civilians evacuated because Scarecrow threatened to gas the city. Only people left are criminals, cops and a few unlucky people who didn't get out in time. And later a PMC.

So you can only "knock out" bad guys with your tank and there's no one else on the streets.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

haveblue posted:

Batman got the trophy back in Arkham Knight, where you can smash pedestrians out of the way with the batmobile at highway speeds and it’s still nonlethal

The Batmobile exterior is electrified, so when you slam into people at 100mph it merely safely renders them unconscious on impact and then sends them peacefully flying through the air. If they happen to die from smacking into a wall or lamp-post after that it's hardly Batman's fault.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

He does a couple cameo spots on the radio too!

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Owl Inspector posted:

I forgot to go back and check, I was pretty sure that was new but it'd been long enough since the original that I wasn't 100% certain. There were definitely parts in the morph ball areas you could just jump through that seemed like they were intended to be trickier timed bomb jumps, so I'm not surprised. Works for me, those feel like the least fun part of getting around to me.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
The batmobile is actually surrounded by an inflatable balloon, like a bouncy castle on wheels, that's coated with knockout juice.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories (the GTA, let's face it, no-one played) has Phil Collins in it.

I played it, great soundtrack.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

In Yakuza: Like a dragon, after the first few chapters something happens (it is deeply silly) and after that enemies turn into alternate versions of themselves and it's explained away as Kasuga's wild imagination but frankly I think he's right and everyone is just fighting humans transformed into monstrous versions of themselves when not in a cut scene.

It's some Sailor Moon poo poo where instead of using magic and the power of love to transform your enemies back into humans they use the power of incredible violence.

Yes I have been thinking too much about this.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zero_Grade posted:

He does a couple cameo spots on the radio too!

Well sure but everyone has cameos on GTA radio stations.

RandolphCarter posted:

I played it, great soundtrack.

I have never beaten a single GTA. I've been too busy driving around and listening to music.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Stealth games with a little last-second window before you're detected are great. MGSV has tons of fun ways to interrupt people right after they see you. Oh, you're gonna try to radio me in? How about an unconscious body in the face :madmax:

I learned that you have to the very end of the guard yelling "CONTACT!" to disable them without being detected. So you can just spear tackle them right in the middle of them saying the second syllable.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Solenna posted:

In Yakuza: Like a dragon, after the first few chapters something happens (it is deeply silly) and after that enemies turn into alternate versions of themselves and it's explained away as Kasuga's wild imagination but frankly I think he's right and everyone is just fighting humans transformed into monstrous versions of themselves when not in a cut scene.

It's some Sailor Moon poo poo where instead of using magic and the power of love to transform your enemies back into humans they use the power of incredible violence.

Yes I have been thinking too much about this.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

That's just a guy in a trashbag, nothing weird here

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

t

tur

turn on y

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

The Batmobile exterior is electrified, so when you slam into people at 100mph it merely safely renders them unconscious on impact and then sends them peacefully flying through the air. If they happen to die from smacking into a wall or lamp-post after that it's hardly Batman's fault.

The developers saw the RDJ Sherlock Holmes movie and thought that was a great idea for a security system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA2rA8db3Sg&t=116s

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Never

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMKzWB3sDFc

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Well how was Kiryu supposed to know bullets were gonna hit that guy if he was blocking Kiryu's view??

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

I don't see Kiryu shooting the gun

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

The Aristocrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Is there enough meat here to do a short story on the Dollop?