Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I'm continually amazed at how every day he turns the W of having unimaginable wealth into self-owns on a daily basis. If he possessed any social acumen at all, even on the level of n0tch, he could still have a generally positive impression worldwide.

But on the other hand he wouldn't be having fun on Twitter, so who's to say what's good or bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Piell posted:

Retweets from people you follow are now showing up on the "Following" section, except it doesn't show that they are retweets on the Following page, so it just looks like your following page is flooded with random people until you click through. good job 11/10 design Mr musk

Glad to see it's not just me
I started to get real angry

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Is Elon banning people for posting the location of Trump's plane?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
That is just a baffling UI choice. Like I can’t even think of a dumb or evil reason why they’d do that. It’s just… what? Why?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Sockser posted:

Glad to see it's not just me
I started to get real angry

I assumed it was malicious but instead it's just incompetence.

If you click through to the tweet page itself then the retweet information reappears

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Oh goddamnit what the gently caress is this? Is this one of my browser plugins being weird, or does Musk genuinely think the Shiba is still funny in the year 20-loving-23?

Edit: Yeah the loading screen also has the dog. Musk trying really hard to ingratiate himself to the vaunted memer community I guess.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Apr 3, 2023

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol things are about to get way stupider on twitter

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's part of his hard pivot into all dogecoin all the time. He fell out of love with catturd2, now he is all about restimulating dogecoin into the stable currency which multinationals will have to use to pay their bluetick and API bills.

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I really liked Shiba Inu's back when I learned about Hachiko from The World Ends With You. This sucks.

VV When he stops being a billionaire. Not even then. I would need to see him on an income of 50K per year or less. VV

LASER BEAM DREAM fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 3, 2023

Shazback
Jan 26, 2013
At what point does laughing at Enol's decision-making become punching down?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

please don't let elong learn about the 2 ladies yelling at smudge the cat

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

Buff Hardback posted:

so how long until zuck goes and has Instagram disable media previews when posted to Twitter again

The rumour is that theyre building a twitter alternative that plugs straight into instagrams existing user base, which would probably be the deathblow if true.

quote:

“We’re exploring a standalone decentralized social network for sharing text updates. We believe there’s an opportunity for a separate space where creators and public figures can share timely updates about their interests.”

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Seems like an easy win. Promise consistent content moderation that at least keeps out the Nazis and I can imagine it taking off.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Perestroika posted:

Oh goddamnit what the gently caress is this? Is this one of my browser plugins being weird, or does Musk genuinely think the Shiba is still funny in the year 20-loving-23?

Edit: Yeah the loading screen also has the dog. Musk trying really hard to ingratiate himself to the vaunted memer community I guess.

The twitter loading screen also is the shiba:
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1642944464057516064
and they didn't even crop it correctly, its a loving mess.

This 2 day late april fools joke also broke retweets, there's no '<user> retweeted this message' on the retweet anymore.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

big nipples big life posted:

please don't let elong learn about the 2 ladies yelling at smudge the cat

Thank you for letting me know the cat's name, now I can look at more pictures of it on Instagram.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

maybe it's a late April Fool's joke but I really hope he's trying to put crypto into twitter

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

massive spider posted:

The rumour is that theyre building a twitter alternative that plugs straight into instagrams existing user base, which would probably be the deathblow if true.

Well that explains why he's ramping up attacks on Instagram then

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Has anyone claimed @dogeturd2 yet

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

it will be very funny if this launches facebook back into relevance again. i thought the failure of "the metaverse" was going to be a big problem for them

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lol it’s almost certainly this

https://twitter.com/anthony/status/1642948033364086785?s=46&t=lz1DjwUk2vgFTdWPPaLwfA

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

musk is in the middle of a $250 billion lawsuit about dogecoin so this seems like an extremely good idea

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Apparently getting pushed down a flight of stairs didn't do elon a bit of good. Imagine not realizing how much of an rear end in a top hat you are after that. Concerning.

Unfortunately I can't think of any other ideas , so our only alternative is to repeat the shoving experiment until we obtain different results.

Zoobtro
Aug 22, 2003

Got miself a nice little earner, isn't it
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/1642950603507920896/photo/1

welcome to the bathroom

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Entropic posted:

That is just a baffling UI choice. Like I can’t even think of a dumb or evil reason why they’d do that. It’s just… what? Why?
so they can drop random right wing accounts into your 'following' feed even if nobody you follow rt'd them

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

DeeplyConcerned posted:

Apparently getting pushed down a flight of stairs didn't do elon a bit of good. Imagine not realizing how much of an rear end in a top hat you are after that. Concerning.

Unfortunately I can't think of any other ideas , so our only alternative is to repeat the shoving experiment until we obtain different results.

If anything, the involuntary trip down the stairs in the wrong direction as a child no doubt only served to make him even more of an ignorant rear end in a top hat because he took it as proof that he was right because he triggered the other boy so hard that he resorted to violence, also probably mixed with a lot of resentment and "I'll show them all next time!" bravado after being humiliated via being pushed down a flight of goddamn stairs and landing on his head and rear end at the same time.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Perestroika posted:

lol wait that wasn't a photoshop joke? That's a real thing? Why though? I only know it's a bitcoin thing because of this thread, how confusing will this be for "normal" people who aren't terminally online, I don't even get the joke knowing kinda what it stands for.

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

The Techcrunch article on it is great:

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
If you are seeing tweets from accounts you do not follow, even in the Following tab, it is because of a dumb UI decision that removed the "Retweeted by" on retweets.

https://twitter.com/andydiggle/status/1642942778962329629?s=20

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Really starting to think its more than just Elon being stupid he may actually have brain damage from being pushed down the stairs.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Steadiman posted:

lol wait that wasn't a photoshop joke? That's a real thing? Why though? I only know it's a bitcoin thing because of this thread, how confusing will this be for "normal" people who aren't terminally online, I don't even get the joke knowing kinda what it stands for.

Elon’s meme game is strong

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Underwhelmed posted:

It's weird that nobody is interested in paying to use the barely-functioning public toilet covered in poo poo and swastikas

I know NYT is crap, but public toilets have some use cases. And how dare you compare either to Twitter?!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MatttGFX/status/1642953313338490880

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

https://twitter.com/Anthony/status/1642950898828873728?s=20

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Snoop has spoken:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cqd25jSPhp9/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

e;fb

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

kazil posted:

musk is in the middle of a $250 billion lawsuit about dogecoin so this seems like an extremely good idea
Counterpoint: He hasn’t lost a case yet. He even got away with blatant libel, calling that English bloke “pedo guy” then successfully claiming that it’s common SA parlance, and more recently avoided punishment for the while “lol taking Tesla private” tweet.

It would be totally on message for him to taint the authorities with garbage like this.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Apr 3, 2023

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Musk has lost cases. Him being forced to buy twitter was literally him losing a case.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Totbot posted:

Musk has lost cases. Him being forced to buy twitter was literally him losing a case.

All part of his genius plan

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

it will be very funny if this launches facebook back into relevance again. i thought the failure of "the metaverse" was going to be a big problem for them
Facebook has basically no active users under 40 anymore, and it has no features that those people want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/1642953367264833537?s=20