Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

I was already planning on posting up at h2o for the whole weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

forkboy84 posted:

But banning blading is not one of them

That's more of a Maryland athletic commission thing, and their rules for wrestling/boxing/etc haven't been updated since the 70s.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Big Dave posted:

I was already planning on posting up at h2o for the whole weekend

I have only been to H20 once, and it was for a different company. It doesn't seem big enough for any halfway decent sized shows?

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

You can just about cram 300 people in there

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Bring back the Flyers Skate Zone coward Bret

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Pennsylvania’s alcohol rules are the dumbest thing on earth

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

CombineThresher posted:

That's more of a Maryland athletic commission thing, and their rules for wrestling/boxing/etc haven't been updated since the 70s.

It's right there, #6. "Wrestlers MAY NOT deliberately cut themselves and all wrestlers must be over (18) years of age"

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm watching Fight Circus and holy poo poo the MMAsymmetrical (2 guys vs. 1) was loving absurd.

EDIT:

He went straight down like tower #7

Edit:
Wheel of violence, battle of the delivery drivers, Human Pinata and Women's MMAsymmetrical were all really good

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Apr 3, 2023

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have

SalTheBard posted:

I'm watching Fight Circus and holy poo poo the MMAsymmetrical (2 guys vs. 1) was loving absurd.
I remember stumbling across these giant MMA team brawls where there were like 8 1v1s going on at the same time and once one guy is KO'd the winner moves onto another fight so eventually it's just like an 8 on 1 beating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GixDXD44_yA

It's insane

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Haha my friend sent me this a few years back and I want to watch more

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm driving down to Seattle for DEFY: The Realest on Saturday, and the card looks awesome:

-Bollywood Boys vs State of Emergency
-Marina Shafir vs Nicole Matthews (Nicole's first US match in 5 years)
-Women's Title: Vert Vixen© vs Miyu Yamashita
-Michael Oku vs Cody Chhun
-Dark Order (Uno & Reynolds) & Guillermo Rosas vs Midnight Heat & Levi
-1v3 Gauntlet, Loser Leaves Defy: Ravenous Randy Myers vs Sinner & Saint (Judas Icarus & Travis Williams) & Evan Rivers
-Defy Title: Swerve Strickland© vs Nick Wayne

:stare:

I don't think I've seen Levi before, and pairing Guillermo with Dark Order is kinda funny. Also not sure why Evan Rivers is with S&S, but it'd be funny if he was the one to leave because he's never had a match there.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

it’s gonna be fully sick. going to have to do the usual turn n’ burn rather than spending the night but holy hell is it worth it.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler
Photographic evidence of Early Morning Guy Steele's Early Morning Show.

https://twitter.com/jdobbsrosa/status/1642975157814964225?s=20

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Idk who wants to see that Randy Myers match. Good dude vs 3 average dudes to determine if good dude goes away

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'd like it more if there were setup to it (though I didn't go to the last show so maybe there was), but S&S are both very good. Travis is a great all arounder and Judas is the guy NEW always trusts to fight the bigger names they bring in like ELP and Suzuki. Evan is OK, he doesn't do much for me but he's a pretty solid worker.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Oil! posted:

Photographic evidence of Early Morning Guy Steele's Early Morning Show.

https://twitter.com/jdobbsrosa/status/1642975157814964225?s=20

i will pay a million dollars for this show Early Morning Guy Steele please

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Miyu Yamashita vs Nicole Matthews from NEW 12

Nicole's held the NEW Women's title since June, and she's had a pretty great run with it.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
oh cool, GCW's running right in my backyard in some arts space

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/1643393928018681858?s=20

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
LVAC's Let's Hang Out for April sold out in days. I wasn't expecting that and didn't manage to get any tickets. They don't even have a lot announced yet for the show.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Huh, neat. I was wondering whatever happened to Zenshi since I haven't seen him wrestle in a while, and it turns out he's been wrestling all over South America lately, and does lucha training seminars. Good for him.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Only thing I know about that guy is that there used to be one poster on TNA Mecca who insisted that he was going to be the next big wrestling star and was always trying to get TNA to sign him. Bob Ryder used to post there and booked Zenshi to get squashed by, I think, EC3 or Eli Drake and then he was never seen again. I don't think he even got an entrance or his name announced.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
MLW used him for a while, that's the last I saw of him.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Here’s some good stuff from South America aka Canada Dark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrXdXNCjLHk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCuSyw5WX-Y

Shoutout to the wrestlemap discord

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Hell yeah Nick Wayne vs Swerve in AEW for his first match as an adult. Also god drat did Nick blade tonight

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

born on a buy you posted:

Hell yeah Nick Wayne vs Swerve in AEW for his first match as an adult. Also god drat did Nick blade tonight
That match was incredible. The midair cutter counter from the stage was one of the coolest spots I've seen live in a long time.

Vert vs Miyu was awesome too, and so was Oku vs Chhun. Defy is killing it lately.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

He got busted up last weekend, so it might have just reopened.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Lesson learned tho: the speaker on the left side of stage is loud af and my ear is still ringing

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Last night sounds like a great show and I wish I could have attended. Was not happy with that Randy result though.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Swerve and Nick went to a back corner for a while and they came back bloody, I think we got to see Nick’s first blade job. they grow up so fast :kimchi:

Nick turns 18 on July 10, and Swerve challenged him for his first AEW match July 12th

Brought a buddy who had only been to one DEFY show before, which was the first Swerve v Wayne match. He was super impressed by how Nick has grown as a worker since then.

He also fell in love with Marina, Vert v Miyu made Vert look like a total killer, and seeing Oku try and heel it up on Chuun was a treat.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Lesson learned tho: the speaker on the left side of stage is loud af and my ear is still ringing

Things like this is why I started carrying musicians earplugs everywhere. You never know when you find yourself in a situation louder than expected, and I already have permanent hearing loss as is.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Things like this is why I started carrying musicians earplugs everywhere. You never know when you find yourself in a situation louder than expected, and I already have permanent hearing loss as is.

What kind of earplugs do you use and recommend? I’m going to a concert for the first time in ages soon and have been looking at Loop earplugs to replace my old pair that I bought off the shelf at the pharmacy.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

What kind of earplugs do you use and recommend? I’m going to a concert for the first time in ages soon and have been looking at Loop earplugs to replace my old pair that I bought off the shelf at the pharmacy.

i use hearos for cheap but good disposable ones

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Kvlt! posted:

i use hearos for cheap but good disposable ones

That’s always been my go to for disposable ones as well

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I bought some earasers for concerts and love them.

HamburgerTownUSA
Aug 7, 2022

Ganso Bomb posted:

Personally, I use and recommend custom fit earplugs, but I know that's not really a solution everyone is willing to do. For something off the shelf, there are a lot of brands out there, and different ones will have different fit and comfort for you. You may have to try several different pairs before you can settle on one that works best for your ears. The ones others have already mentioned would be a good place to start.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ganso Bomb posted:

i bought these 4 years ago and they've served me well, although the chain that came with them was laughably short

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RM6Q9XW/

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Where were you folks at Defy? I got standing room tickets so I was right behind the back row on the concession/merch side where you come in.

Not sure why they didn't open up the risers on the right side like usual, but maybe they just didn't sell enough tickets to open it all up.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HamburgerTownUSA posted:

Personally, I use and recommend custom fit earplugs, but I know that's not really a solution everyone is willing to do. For something off the shelf, there are a lot of brands out there, and different ones will have different fit and comfort for you. You may have to try several different pairs before you can settle on one that works best for your ears. The ones others have already mentioned would be a good place to start.

I’m thinking about checking these out:

https://www.decibullz.com/decibullz-custom-molded-high-fidelity-earplugs-for-concerts-musicians-and-noise-sensitivity/

But it’d be nice if I could get something that I can plug into my phone because my current favorite thing in the world is watching live events with the wrongest possible music playing.

I can recommend these tho

https://racingelectronics.com/collections/for-race-teams/products/ear-mold-custom-super-soft-mono-with-cord

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Bonk posted:

Where were you folks at Defy? I got standing room tickets so I was right behind the back row on the concession/merch side where you come in.

Not sure why they didn't open up the risers on the right side like usual, but maybe they just didn't sell enough tickets to open it all up.

I’m always on the balcony right next to the spotlight; since I’m usually solo on trips I’ll chat with the fella who runs it throughout the show.

It was kinda startling how the place wasn’t full; was expecting Swerve v Wayne 2 to bring in a massive crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I was about to complain about Michigan not having a lot of inter/national talent at our indies, but I just found out Su Yung, Laredo Kid, and Black Taurus are doing a show like 20 minutes from me next month