Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

His Divine Shadow posted:

It doesn't feel right that you'd use wood you just cut from living trees for a fire, should be too wet, even if it was cut in deep winter when the wood is drier than summertime. Maybe it was dead wood.

I'm more surprised Arn did not lose his nose

E: times like this make me wish for a giant obnoxious comics-based sig and im considering it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Stone Age Caper

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Meta-Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (May 7, 1935)

Peanuts (March 29, 1976, and if you've been keeping an eye on those dates you'll notice Snoopy's not the only one hopping all over the place.)

Speaking of which, Miss Peach jumps to September 25, 1989. I'd check what's missing, but I'm not sure I'm in this one for much longer, to be honest.

Welcome back to Crankshaft's Salute To Post-COVID America!

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 2, 1939)

Out Our Way (June 16-18, 1941)

One of those occasional reminders that the European war didn't just land on America in one lump on December 7th (as if the machine shop already changing gears to war work wasn't enough of that), June 16th was the day the FDR administration ordered the closure of all German consulates for engaging in activities "wholly outside the scope of their legitimate duties". That followed a freezing of German and Italian assets on Saturday and the arrest of the head of the American bureau of Germany's Transocean news service the previous month. The Nazis and the Italians responded by closing the American consulates in their own countries.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

CzarChasm posted:

This bothers me. Stuart isn't allowed to be right and get one over, even against a customer. This should be anyone but him

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Let's put this under the letter E: Evil versus Evil.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

EBB posted:

I'm more surprised Arn did not lose his nose
Aleta glared at the concept of frostbite until it spared him.

1980 comics

e: Yes, the paper mixed up the titles on the strips again, no, I don't know how. It is Monday's paper for whatever it's worth.

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Legends in the Heights

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 3, 2023

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Zamboni Rodeo posted:

I think the biggest issue I'm having is that Mud/Fergus/whoever is dressed like a Man In Black. If he's really on some hippy-dippy spiritual journey thanks to this new (scam artist) guru, he should look less like a government agent and more like a flower child from the 60s.

I feel like this is referencing a very specific period in an actual musician's life, but I can't remember whose. Dylan, maybe? The "new hippie manager with overwhelming influence" is straight up Brian Wilson though.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

This time travel story has absolutely ruled, one of the best ongoing stories I've seen in a while.

Heart of the City

Comics Kingdom still says I'm at my monthly limit (It is the third day of the month and I have not read anything on CK this month) so you'll have to look elsewhere for your Curtis fix.

Also, next week you'll have to look elsewhere for your VARGO COMICS fix because I'm getting married this weekend and leaving Tuesday for a honeymoon, so it would be appreciated if someone takes over my posting slack for a few weeks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 22, 1956)
Tomorrow: An important development

I think I've figured out why I have a particular soft spot for Garm. He reminds me so much of my grandfather; The man was a modern-day Mountain Man, he even had the same full dwarven beard and perma-scowl. He wasn't very good at telling us he loved us, but he was amazing at showing it. I miss that man every day.
And he actually did save my dumb rear end from wildlife once. I went tearing off into the forest by his and my grandma's place for... some reason, and I didn't notice a rattler by me. Man was a good shot with that revolver. I forget what he did with the skin but I know he used it for *something*.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Apr 3, 2023

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Vargo posted:

Also, next week you'll have to look elsewhere for your VARGO COMICS fix because I'm getting married this weekend and leaving Tuesday for a honeymoon, so it would be appreciated if someone takes over my posting slack for a few weeks.

Congratulations!

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Vargo posted:

Have a great wedding & honeymoon!

Fingerpori

Lähteä kävelylle = to go for a walk, literally "to leave for a walk"
Lähteä kävelemään = idiom for "to go away"/"to walk away"/"to leave", literally "to leave to walk"/"to start walking"
"Lähteä kävelemään" could technically be used in the meaning "to go for a walk", but in practice the 'correct' way to put it is to use "lähteä kävelylle", and "lähteä kävelemään" is interpreted generally as referring to the "to go away" idiom, I'd say.

ANSU

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vargo posted:

Comics Kingdom still says I'm at my monthly limit (It is the third day of the month and I have not read anything on CK this month) so you'll have to look elsewhere for your Curtis fix.

I got you.

Curtis

Vargo posted:

I can manage that. Just BCN, Phoebe, Wallace, Heart and Curtis, right? What day should I start? (And oh yeah congrats and stuff!)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

This really swirls my hair.

"Call an ambulance, you idiot."

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
Todd's got the right idea

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/18/50

Archie 12/26-28/46

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

DDOS: Dicked-Down Out-Side

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Got real laugh at this one.

Also Archie's "tight as a sailor's britches".

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Hostile V posted:

DDOS: Dicked-Down Out-Side

Why? What?

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

This one got me.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver 10: Boys Like Fun Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Is “chicken in a basket circuit” still a relevant term? I’m not sure that the circuit was in such rude health when I was a teen, let alone now. It was where stars of the fifties and sixties performed to dining audiences when their careers had lost their sparkle. Chicken still appears in baskets, of course. It’s more popular than ever, with Amelia Dimoldenberg just one of many jocund poultry advocates. Ironically, its star has never waned.

Edit: I forgot, Congratulations Vargo!

The_Other fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Apr 4, 2023

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Vargo posted:

Congratulations! I hope you and your intended have a lovely time!

Luann

There's no possible way it's shrooms in the bag, but it should be. Odds they do that thing where everyone assumes it's drugs and act like they're all high and it turns out it's chamomile tea or something?

Gil Thorp

Home Free

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

All hopped up on panda dung

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
i think the one thing that gets me when i catch a glimpse of luann is that i have never seen a human being under 50 call someone "shoog" let alone a college freshman

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 1, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 18-19, 1993)

Big Nate

Blind Alley

Dunce

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

WTF Lucy?

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Wow, Lucy was even more of an rear end in a top hat in the old strips!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Vargo posted:

Congrats! Have a great time!

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

There's no possible way it's shrooms in the bag, but it should be. Odds they do that thing where everyone assumes it's drugs and act like they're all high and it turns out it's chamomile tea or something?
If it's weed I'm declaring marijuana legalization officially mainstream.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Congratulations Vargo - please watch out for yetis during your honeymoon!

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

Congratulations Vargo - please watch out for yetis during your honeymoon!

I'll ask them to stand down

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 01, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

e: congrats Vargo! mazel tov!

riderchop fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Apr 4, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Grattis, Vargo!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Vargo posted:

Congrats! :toot:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 29, 1956)

:siren::siren: PANTS :siren::siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Congrats Vargo!

Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo