Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Tekne posted:

the last derailment provided a perfect pic for the state of the country

the modern Crossing the Delaware

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Shageletic posted:

wait lying leon got got? Lol how?

He isn't permabanned.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Mr Hootington posted:

He isn't permabanned.

yet

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Tekne posted:

god i wish this was me

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Mr Hootington posted:

But scheisse isn't a French word unless I'm mistaken. Opri is also a Belgium patents service and they have offices in Brussels too. I think this is from a Belgium protest.

Edit: I'm fairly positive that isn't france.

Yes, but this ORPI is Organisation Régionale des Professionnels de l'Immobilier, the French Real estate agents network. Look, at the logo, then look at their Wikipedia page: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_r%C3%A9gionale_des_professionnels_de_l%27immobilier.

Also scheisse is German, poo poo in Flemish is Schijt.

If I was Brown Moses I'd spend the next 8 hours discovering exactly where this office is located but fortunately I'm not that loving lame.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Yes, but this ORPI is Organisation Régionale des Professionnels de l'Immobilier, the French Real estate agents network. Look, at the logo, then look at their Wikipedia page: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_r%C3%A9gionale_des_professionnels_de_l%27immobilier.

Also scheisse is German, poo poo in Flemish is Schijt.

If I was Brown Moses I'd spend the next 8 hours discovering exactly where this office is located but fortunately I'm not that loving lame.

You should because I think that video is fake news.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

there are parts of France that are Germany. maybe it was there

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

He isn't permabanned.

He isn't even banned; he gave the av to himself as a joke.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
lyin leon strikes again

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Willa Rogers posted:

Some plague leons

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

lol

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of McDonald's. This seems like a warning sign for the economy.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1642706949371314176

Their food is garbage and became too expensive, it’s not rocket science. My wife and I decided we’d stop going out for food unless it’s to a nice place and to do it more infrequently. gently caress paying $80 for mediocre food.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

the food is too drat high

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Glumwheels posted:

Their food is garbage and became too expensive, it’s not rocket science. My wife and I decided we’d stop going out for food unless it’s to a nice place and to do it more infrequently. gently caress paying $80 for mediocre food.

I agree, but for some reason I will always have eternal love for the Hot’n’Spicy McChicken (and yes, I recognize it’s a trash sandwich)

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Tekne posted:

the apocalypse has produced some banger pics

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/davidsirota/status/1642906724825985024?t=i5I0FlM3ZxsjqZz0xbQDnA&s=19

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

What the gently caress is that self bought av lol

anime was right posted:

lyin leon strikes again

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

SourKraut posted:

I agree, but for some reason I will always have eternal love for the Hot’n’Spicy McChicken (and yes, I recognize it’s a trash sandwich)

I love eating trash, I'm just not gonna eat much trash when it's $12 for a value meal

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

SourKraut posted:

We’re not eating in our neighborhood anymore, rather go into the larger nearby cities and eat dinner with friends. It makes no sense to pay so much for mediocre sushi or whatever when it costs as much to go just a bit farther away and to nicer places.

Across the board, eating out (much like travel) is becoming far too expensive.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I love eating trash, I'm just not gonna eat much trash when it's $12 for a value meal

yeah lol even a mcdouble's like 3 bucks these days

impossiblyPoor
Apr 2, 2023

by Fritz the Horse

SKULL.GIF posted:

Speaking of McDonald's. This seems like a warning sign for the economy.

https://twitter.com/business/status/1642706949371314176

quote:

McDonald’s Corp. is temporarily closing US offices this week as it looks to notify corporate employees about layoffs as part of a broader restructuring plan, the Wall Street Journal reported.

The company said in an internal email last week to US employees and some international staff that they should work at home from Monday through Wednesday so it can deliver staffing decisions virtually, the newspaper reported.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Glumwheels posted:

. gently caress paying $80 for mediocre food.

we have a lot of actual great used-to-be-budget hole in the wall Thai-Korean-sushi-phi-etc but even the hole in the wall places run a solid $65-100 for 2 these days

at least it’s good. I can’t even fathom paying those prices for Applebees/chili’s/Olive Garden

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1642962807791534080?s=20

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Xaris posted:

we have a lot of actual great used-to-be-budget hole in the wall Thai-Korean-sushi-phi-etc but even the hole in the wall places run a solid $65-100 for 2 these days

at least it’s good. I can’t even fathom paying those prices for Applebees/chili’s/Olive Garden

ya, its like $50-$80 for 2 in the east bay lol

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Woke Mind Virus posted:

Yeah. So much of it seems poorly understood, even by the experts. There's lots to discuss.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

fits my needs posted:

ya, its like $50-$80 for 2 in the east bay lol

just like 2 entrees no drinks is close to $50 out the door lol. well I guess you could not tip and be close to $40. we just did 2 entrees 2 drinks at home room and it was $65

I haven’t ate out for lunch in over a year now because it’s definitely not worth it, but we do go out for dinner a few times a month so it’s a budget wash

impossiblyPoor
Apr 2, 2023

by Fritz the Horse
if you love chatting about the insanely high price of food, take a look at the food is too drat expensive thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027214&pagenumber=11#lastpost

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah, but Number loves expensive bad food, because it means the good food is even MORE expensive!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol owned

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

have you tried eating dirt jack

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Burger, small fries, small drink is creeping up above 5 bucks at mcdonalds

at this point getting a pizza from a local place is cheaper than any fast food, even with tipping the driver

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

Telling my dates it's nothing but Costco food court before marriage

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

just remember very expensive food is very normal and its all the medias fault

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

Burger, small fries, small drink is creeping up above 5 bucks at mcdonalds

at this point getting a pizza from a local place is cheaper than any fast food, even with tipping the driver

Near me a small fry is $2.79 i think, the cheapest burger is over $2, and the drink s $1.29 so we’re already there!

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

on a ship it makes sense.

if there is poo poo to do, ya gotta do it and it doesn’t really matter how long it takes. even now with regulated rest and work hours they’re allowed to exceed those for unexpected events and things like maneuvering (think like coming up a river into port in heavy traffic.)

There are an amazing number of things that are terrible basically because ships. health insurance (and insurance in general) is another one.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

the devil's million

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

What the gently caress is that self bought av lol

I don't think mods have to pay for their avs; hence the futility of goons buying avs for mods.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Willa Rogers posted:

I don't think mods have to pay for their avs; hence the futility of goons buying avs for mods.

They can change then, but from what I was told it isn't something you are supposed to do too often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Glumwheels posted:

We’re not eating in our neighborhood anymore, rather go into the larger nearby cities and eat dinner with friends. It makes no sense to pay so much for mediocre sushi or whatever when it costs as much to go just a bit farther away and to nicer places.

Across the board, eating out (much like travel) is becoming far too expensive.

:yeah:

Seems like every hotel is minimum 150 bucks a night, and they're all universally shitholes.

Fast food's advantage came from its price, now the prices are ballooning and they're shrinking the food too. And lol, the only thing to even do in the US with other people is eat and drink, and you can't even do that because prices are crazytown.