Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Headphones in a dryer won’t do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Leperflesh posted:

Poplar is a fast-growing commercial wood that sells for quite cheap (it's just about the cheapest hardwood) so while you'd totally be able to mill it like with an alaskan mill approach, and then spend a couple years with it stickered and covered (not tarped, just under a roof or something to keep the rain off) as it dries... you'll wind up with a lot of labor for your ~$1.50/bf results.

Yea I know, I wasn't really serious about actually milling the wood, way too much of a pain in the rear end.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I love driving through the desert and seeing a giant old-rear end cottonwood, unbothered. moisturized. happy. in its lane. focused. flourishing

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Leperflesh posted:

you live in antarctica?
General Dog lives in an area where the native trees are oil derricks.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I thought my cat was going to take a swipe at my TV for a second.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Leperflesh posted:

http://texastreeid.tamu.edu/content/listOfTrees/

Texas has a diverse and wonderful ecology including trees native to every texan habitat! Yes, even the huge wide open areas of just scrub can have trees such as mesquite and juniper in spots where there's seasonal waterflow.
http://texastreeid.tamu.edu/content/texasEcoRegions/

Mesquite is not something anyone would want on their front lawn

(Fortunately conifers, Pecan trees, and weirdly palm trees all do fine in West Texas)

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Apr 3, 2023

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Yea I know, I wasn't really serious about actually milling the wood, way too much of a pain in the rear end.

Get yourself a majestic sweetgum tree! They grow up big and leafy and certainly are not problematic in any way.

Absolutely do not do this. My mom has to deal with like 20 bag fulls of these little fuckers every year.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My neighbor has one of those. It is on the property line. Which is why I get to rake up tons of those fuckers all the time.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
That was quick:

https://twitter.com/DisneyStudios/status/1642939444922818560?s=20

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
why

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQrdKtPJxI0

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

He’s had a few duds in a row and he’s taking some poo poo. He needs a slam dunk

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Have we come back around and gotten an animated adaptation of one of these live-action Disney releases yet

Nov 6, 2002

Never forget:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
These live action remakes all make a billion dollars and then everyone forgets they exist. Like, I forgot Aladdin 2019 exists and it literally made a billion dollars at the box office.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Leperflesh posted:

That does suck, and I think planting fruit trees that you'll actually harvest is a good alternative to natives. If you do decide to plant a non-native that also isn't a fruit tree, maybe try and get something that's sterile so at least it doesn't spread on its own in some future decade.
Our only non-native plant is our Chinese Pistache, and I made sure we received a male tree, to prevent spread, by getting the Keith Davey variety.

Qwijib0 posted:

This!

Chinese pistache are everywhere around here now, along with African sumac and Aleppo pines and like, look y'all there are desert willows, palo verdes, mesquites, ironwoods (or even Arizona Ash if you want the deciduous experience).

My wife is allergic (asthmatic) to every single one of those, except Arizona Ash, which we’re considering putting in our front yard. I’d love nothing more than to put a Palo Verde in our yard and watch it grow.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s had a few duds in a row

Looking it up, his last few roles were Black Adam (dud), DC League of Superpets (not a huge success, but made money), Red Notice (huge hit for Netflix) and Jungle Cruise (not a huge hit for Disney, but made enough money for them to green-light a sequel). And Jumanji: The Next Level made $800 million.

He's just sore that his attempted putsch at DC wasn't successful.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Timby posted:

Looking it up, his last few roles were Black Adam (dud), DC League of Superpets (not a huge success, but made money), Red Notice (huge hit for Netflix) and Jungle Cruise (not a huge hit for Disney, but made enough money for them to green-light a sequel). And Jumanji: The Next Level made $800 million.

He should play a villain. He wants to be late 80s early 90s Arnold but he's unwilling to make Terminator 1.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Timby posted:

Wasn't Fast & Furious in there too?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Wasn't Fast & Furious in there too?

Yeah, he did Hobbs & Shaw right before Jumanji 3.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

Can’t really use movies with Kevin Hart attached to “well, actually!” Me about the rock. I refuse to give him credit with hart next to him. Anyone can do a Kevin hart movie and be successful - but ironically enough your movies really shows my point - Take away the dude from an ensemble and he skips a bit

Look at Fast and Furious (made 200+mm) versus Hobbs and Shaw (made 84 million)

Black Adam was a dud and cost a ton. Of course we’re splitting hairs here - dudes a walking media powerhouse, but he’s clearly slipping

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Apr 3, 2023

Nov 6, 2002

Air Skwirl posted:

He should play a villain.

He did that one time!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I just think this is something he wants to do. He has a good relationship with Disney and has been getting more and more proactive about featuring Pacific Islander culture (apparently, setting part of Hobbes and Shaw in Samoa was his idea, and went to great lengths to make sure all the actors and crew were PI).

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Amy Pole Her posted:

Can’t really use movies with Kevin Hart attached to “well, actually!” Me about the rock. Anyone can do a Kevin hart movie and be successful. Take away the dude in an ensemble and he crumbled

Look at Fast and Furious (made 200+mm) versus Hobbs and Shaw (made 84 million)

Black Adam was a dud and cost a ton. Of course we’re splitting hairs here - dudes a walking media powerhouse, but he’s clearly slipping

No question about Black Adam going over about as well as a wet fart in the middle of church, but Hobbs & Shaw made $760 million.

I agree that he's flailing right now, though. He got a lot of bad press about Black Adam and, again, his attempted--and failed--putsch at DC, and he is scrambling for a hit.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Pron on VHS posted:

Headphones in a dryer won’t do that

My logical brain knows my dryer is more likely to explode due to vent/lint trap issues or my girlfriend or landlord/roommate getting careless with their various vehicle repairs. Still one of those random illogical things brain fixates on.

Also at somepoint we'll get another live action DBZ attempt. I feel it in my soul.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Maybe he lost all his money on the XFL?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Timby posted:

No question about Black Adam going over about as well as a wet fart in the middle of church, but Hobbs & Shaw made $760 million.

It still only profited roughly 84mm compared to F+F 200+. He’s already in a known brand and delivers that stinker.

That’s not great comparatively.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

wandler20 posted:

Maybe he lost all his money on the XFL?

I completely forgot he bought it off of Vince McMahon.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Grittybeard posted:

Get yourself a majestic sweetgum tree! They grow up big and leafy and certainly are not problematic in any way.

Absolutely do not do this. My mom has to deal with like 20 bag fulls of these little fuckers every year.

Also don’t get a sweet gum tree because their trunks grow in a sort of spiral fashion and are absolute pains in the rear end to split for firewood.

My neighbor had one fall over during a storm and my dad and I spent months splitting the wood. Then the neighbor intentionally cut down a magnolia tree (no idea why) and that will be firewood for next year.

Also with my current truck driving job I drive a day cab and slip seat it with another guy, and he locked the keys in the truck. Now I sit for an hour.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He did that one time!

Mad someone beat me to this excellent piece of art.

I did actually watch it again a while back and while it's certainly not good in any way, if you ignore that big hyped FPS take it's just polite horror film drivel. Not the worst way to spend an hour and a half if you enjoy laughing at very dumb stuff.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Grittybeard posted:

I did actually watch it again a while back and while it's certainly not good in any way, if you ignore that big hyped FPS take it's just polite horror film drivel. Not the worst way to spend an hour and a half if you enjoy laughing at very dumb stuff.

Yeah, I have Doom on DVD and revisit it every few years. It's perfectly inoffensive background noise and it has some really great effects in a few spots.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Qwijib0 posted:

This!

Chinese pistache are everywhere around here now, along with African sumac and Aleppo pines and like, look y'all there are desert willows, palo verdes, mesquites, ironwoods (or even Arizona Ash if you want the deciduous experience).

Arizona Ash sucks. In spite of many wonderful, long living native species the developers of the neighborhood I live in decided to use Arizona ash back on the late 60s. They are now predictably reaching end of life and rotting out and dying and it sucks to see these big beautiful trees all dropping so quickly.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Grittybeard posted:

Movie DOOM is in that perfect spot between entertaining enough to keep you motivated to do chores/work out/whatever but not so entertaining that it'll distract you from whatever you're trying to accomplish.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

If I didn't need a smart phone for work, my ideal phone would have call, text, camera, and google maps on it and that's it.

podcasts/music? I don't want to go back to carrying a seperate device for those

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

He did that one time!

Karl Urban was in Doom?!?!

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Its Rinaldo posted:

Karl Urban was in Doom?!?!

He was the Doom guy-!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Intruder posted:

podcasts/music? I don't want to go back to carrying a seperate device for those

Ugh yea, I guess I’d need music. Although sometimes I miss just firing up my ipod on my drive home from work.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Ugh yea, I guess I’d need music. Although sometimes I miss just firing up my ipod on my drive home from work.

Verizon and LG used to make lots of these feature phones - limited apps and call/text/camera.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Apr 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Honestly, I post about not wanting much on my phone, but society literally forces you to have a smart phone these days. Like every ticket for a sporting event or show is through an app only these days. I’m sure there’s a way around it, but they make it a huge pain in the rear end. My work has 2 factor stuff that requires an app too. It’s just hard to not have a smart phone.