Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
every single time

https://twitter.com/anarchoboognish/status/1642282522989187072?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Chamale posted:

In London you are always within 100 metres of good curry or good kebab. The trick to enjoying food in Britain is to never eat British food.

it's London

you're never far from any food in the entire world

if you're in London but you find yourself eating beans on toast or scampi and chips that's on you

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Regarde Aduck posted:

if you're in London but you find yourself eating beans on toast or scampi and chips that's on you

Both of those things are good tho? You don't have to have jollof for every meal

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

you can get jellied eels on ubereats in london. greatest city in thr world

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

jollof is nice to eat

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Big if true

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/aniceburrito/status/1642878166204071941?s=20

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
so you're saying the white last didn’t tweet about potentially eating a sandwich

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
max dumbler

https://twitter.com/maxdubler/status/1642585968007069696

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I never understood this either I just hated landlords because they're scum

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

in the UK they just apply for welfare after their tenants die in the apartment months after the rent had stopped being paid and get approved

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65055405

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

It's not quite economics 101, but Dumbler has clearly never taken a second-year microeconomics course. It's more profitable to rent out 19 apartments for $1,000 than lowering the price to $900 to rent out all 20.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

I never understood this either I just hated landlords because they're scum

an easy aspect of this is if you own a sizable percentage of some limited commodity and you raise your prices, everyone else selling will tend to raise their price as well, because everyone likes money

Chamale posted:

It's not quite economics 101, but Dumbler has clearly never taken a second-year microeconomics course. It's more profitable to rent out 19 apartments for $1,000 than lowering the price to $900 to rent out all 20.

and there is speculative investment

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Some apartments also get a loan to build the entire thing with the terms based on the expected rent per unit. If they go below the expected rent, they could wind up having to pay extra on the loan payments for breaking the terms

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Housing is an inelastic demand - you literally cant live without it. Given how much the US makes homelessness awful, dangerous and otherwise intolerable, nobody who can afford rent is going to go without even if it goes up year after year. It just slowly raises the floor to be housed higher and higher, pushing more people out of being able to afford a place to live*. And given *waves vaguely* being homeless makes it massively harder to afford being not homeless in the future.

* Nobody cares because this is by definition the poor and otherwise marginalized.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Luckily there are other things than the market that could make landlords reconsider their "profession," I'm sure there's a little bit of rouge reading you could do.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

tokin opposition posted:

Housing is an inelastic demand - you literally cant live without it. Given how much the US makes homelessness awful, dangerous and otherwise intolerable, nobody who can afford rent is going to go without even if it goes up year after year. It just slowly raises the floor to be housed higher and higher, pushing more people out of being able to afford a place to live*. And given *waves vaguely* being homeless makes it massively harder to afford being not homeless in the future.

* Nobody cares because this is by definition the poor and otherwise marginalized.

You forgot "illegal" but that seemed implied

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/rico_rants/status/1642920593187123205

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

we uh, we consumed some folks

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Cuttlefush posted:

we uh, we consumed some folks

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

haha dumbass protesters OWNED

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1643055976642383872

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I've never murdered anyone, sorry if you can't say the same :smug:

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

If you like your gaping bullet wound you can keep your gaping bullet wound.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I watched that Renegade Cuts video and it was excellent. Looks like it hit a nerve for just the right people.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/lndian_Bronson/status/1643105730294054912?s=20

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

So what you're saying is Texas could have a rail network to rival Europe. :hmmyes:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

SHOULD

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

That's a tall ask. Texas can't even manage an electric power grid to rival Somalia.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Were there only a large country with an extensive rail network that is expanding rapidly that could be pointed to as an example, ALAS

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

You can start by building high-speed rail in the actually dense areas.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Chamale posted:

You can start by building high-speed rail in the actually dense areas.

this is the only part of the country where passenger rail actually owns tracks. everywhere else they have to cede right of way to freight lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

what if instead of all that expensive, lame rear end train track bullshit we drilled tunnels for cars to travel underground, we could build as many tunnels as we want because it's underground it doesn't matter :thunk:

its like free real estate!!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/enigma0451/status/1642503511563706368?t=DLCBXP3uFDTCzSvwPP2APA&s=19

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
ice cold take, totally correct

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I tried to see what my playtime on Spec:ops:the:line is on steam and it just says ‘over’?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ColinDangColin/status/1642946098485403665?t=hH0gjtthyueEo1kWRiyWmQ&s=19

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
the thing that really needs dividing are shitlib redditor brains

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Guess who got divided bro?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kitfox88 posted:

ice cold take, totally correct
the white phosphorous scene was hamfisted as hell but the rest of the game is actually pretty good about it, honestly

like not stellar or anything but the average shootmans game doesn't even try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The loading screen tooltips switching from gameplay controls to openly yelling at you is memorable imo

here's most of them

E:
LoadingScreenTips_100=Can you even remember why you came here?

LoadingScreenTips_101=This is all your fault.

LoadingScreenTips_102=Do you feel like a hero yet?

LoadingScreenTips_103=How many Americans have you killed today?

LoadingScreenTips_104=It's time for you to wake up.

LoadingScreenTips_105=If you were a better person, you wouldn't be here.

LoadingScreenTips_106=To kill for yourself is murder. To kill for your government is heroic. To kill for entertainment is harmless.

LoadingScreenTips_107=There is no difference between what is right and what is necessary.

LoadingScreenTips_108=You can't go home.

LoadingScreenTips_109=Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill everyone, and you are a god

:thunk:

projecthalaxy has issued a correction as of 11:50 on Apr 5, 2023