Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
My township accepts construction debris as long as it's "homeowner generated" on the weekly bulk pickup day. We also have free electronics recycling once a month at the town hall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
For those of you that ain't got a truck but need to get rid of some poo poo just remember, for 19.95 you can rent this motherfucker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84vm1uJWk6w

null_pointer
Nov 9, 2004

Center in, pull back. Stop. Track 45 right. Stop. Center and stop.

wesleywillis posted:

For those of you that ain't got a truck but need to get rid of some poo poo just remember, for 19.95 you can rent this motherfucker:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84vm1uJWk6w

I'm glad Zach de la Rocha is having such a good time.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Guy Axlerod posted:

My township accepts construction debris as long as it's "homeowner generated" on the weekly bulk pickup day. We also have free electronics recycling once a month at the town hall.
Same. My little town has awesome garbage collection services, I'm assuming because they know we would all just burn everything and cause horrible town-wide infernos otherwise.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
My city has a "waste transfer station" where any municipal trash customer (which is basically everybody unless you live in a building with 5 or more units) gets a number of vouchers to drop off garbage, including construction debris. They've even got a handy graphic of which U-Haul vehicles will fit the scale/facility, presumably because so many people are bringing rented vehicles.

Jows
May 8, 2002

I love living in a big city where we have a special place called "the alley" where all your unwanted poo poo just magically disappears.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Ashcans posted:

You could just do what every one of the previous owners here did and drop it by the back fence to let the future deal with it.

Or slide it under the deck :sigh:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Jows posted:

I love living in a big city where we have a special place called "the alley" where all your unwanted poo poo just magically disappears.

Yeah like Bruce Wayne’s parents.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Platystemon posted:

I only want an eel under my house if it was put there in 1859.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBW7cVZs8ys

Hah, that's cool. And incredibly SVT/NRK; that could have aired anytime between 1979 and today (apart from the equipment changes).

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Some people watch poo poo on TV...

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

How much does Best Buy charge to put two screws into your wall (or plumbing)?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

They have a TV mounting service which is free if you pay for their pro subscription. My folks had them do their big TV and they did a good job.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

This TV mounting job stinks!

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Crappy Construction: Now With 20% More Crap!

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

sleepy gary posted:

How much does Best Buy charge to put two screws into your wall (or plumbing)?

$250

devicenull
May 30, 2007

Grimey Drawer
We have to pay for garbage service here, but they'll also drop us off any size dumpster for $225, and then it's $125/ton.

Maybe not the cheapest option, but having a week to do it is certainly easier then loading and unloading a truck in a day!

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

devicenull posted:

We have to pay for garbage service here, but they'll also drop us off any size dumpster for $225, and then it's $125/ton.

Maybe not the cheapest option, but having a week to do it is certainly easier then loading and unloading a truck in a day!

That's cheap as hell. I need to rent a dumpster in a month and it's looking like close to $500 to have a 10yd roll-off dumpster in my driveway for a week.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Washington DC has a nice public dump. It was fun to go and just throw stuff into the gigantic pile and watch the bulldozer smash it.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Sirotan posted:

That's cheap as hell. I need to rent a dumpster in a month and it's looking like close to $500 to have a 10yd roll-off dumpster in my driveway for a week.

The local garbage service has a legal monopoly on dumpsters in my town. I called them once to ask how much one would be, and I forget what the pricetag was but it was way too drat high. I told the support rep on the phone that I'd figure something else out and they got really huffy and said "if you get a dumpster from somewhere else, we'll find out. It's illegal."

(joke's on you, hiring a contractor to do a dump run is still perfectly legal, less work for me, and cheaper than your greedy-rear end dumpsters, jesus gently caress)

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Sash! posted:

Washington DC has a nice public dump. It was fun to go and just throw stuff into the gigantic pile and watch the bulldozer smash it.

Huhuhuhuhh yeah Bevis

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

mycomancy posted:

Huhuhuhuhh yeah Bevis

They're getting a new season in a few days.

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

kid sinister posted:

They're getting a new season in a few days.

I know, but wow does that poo poo not hold up.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

mycomancy posted:

The latest season was stellar. Show is great when its 10 minute episodes.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

The local garbage service has a legal monopoly on dumpsters in my town. I called them once to ask how much one would be, and I forget what the pricetag was but it was way too drat high. I told the support rep on the phone that I'd figure something else out and they got really huffy and said "if you get a dumpster from somewhere else, we'll find out. It's illegal."

(joke's on you, hiring a contractor to do a dump run is still perfectly legal, less work for me, and cheaper than your greedy-rear end dumpsters, jesus gently caress)

We called our grandmother’s garbage service to rent a dumpster when we were clearing out her place after she passed away, and they basically refused to even consider the idea. It was bizarre.

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Doing regular dump runs for a while I learned that getting yelled at was part of the process. Maybe working at the dump sucks, and yelling at the dumpers makes it a little better

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

mycomancy posted:

Where have you been able to watch it that actually shows the original episodes, instead of just the interstitials with all of the good parts where they sit around making fun of MTV's target audience and the musicians cut out because of rights issues?

Phanatic fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Apr 5, 2023

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
We need to get time life on that poo poo.

They managed to secure the music rights or whatever for something like 95% of the wonder years episodes.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Phanatic posted:

Where have you been able to watch it that actually shows the original episodes, instead of just the interstitials with all of the good parts where they sit around making fun of MTV's target audience and the musicians cut out because of rights issues?

what you mean you don't own the bootleg KingTurd Beavis & Butt-head Collection?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Attaching the mount to the sewerage pipe was certainly a choice, but I'm more interested in the goddamn size of that hole.

Just what the hell?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
looks like they cut it open after the fact, probably because it smelled really bad or leaked

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Epitope posted:

Doing regular dump runs for a while I learned that getting yelled at was part of the process. Maybe working at the dump sucks, and yelling at the dumpers makes it a little better

Man I dunno. Around here it's $70/mo for trash pickup two times a month. The dump is free for residents so I said gently caress that, and just take my cans when they're full. I tell the shack dude I have household trash and recycling, get a nod, in and out in 10 minutes.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

nice

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Attaching the mount to the sewerage pipe was certainly a choice, but I'm more interested in the goddamn size of that hole.

Just what the hell?

TVs are huge now, you'll never see it

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Wild EEPROM posted:

looks like they cut it open after the fact, probably because it smelled really bad or leaked

lol, it's obvious now that you say that. You can even see the wall piece under the mount.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just what the hell?

Gotta cut a hole to replace that section of pipe, and if you're cutting one big enough to work in you might as well cut back to the studs so you can screw down a drywall sheet to patch it instead of half-assing it.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

lol, it's obvious now that you say that. You can even see the wall piece under the mount.

lol, I missed that. My brain saw it as some sort of sealant.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Is that going to have triggered a stud finder? That's the only way I can think that that happened. Lol if it was smack bang in the center of a wall though, perfect place for a TV.

I've mounted two TVs and one was into plasterboard where it was a mix of screwing into a stud and using GripIts, the other is into a panel between some built in shelves that's 50mm MDF, which I later discovered had an additional batton behind it, presumably for this purpose, but in a completely stupid place.

Also (and I think I posted this before), previous owner had one of those "frame" TVs that sit completely flush and when it was fitted they couldn't make it fit over the sockets they'd put in, so they just...took the socket off and left the live wires dangling out with some terminator blocks. Now that I think about I have no idea where the Romex to that is actually running from.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

thank you