Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

BORGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/3/03

Brenda Starr 9/18-20/50

Smokey Stover 11/15/53

Everyday Movies 4/11/36

"I never go by my stop. Something inside me tells me and I look up and there I am! It's kinda mysterious."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 3/17-19/41

Spoilered because Stamm is still better at drawing dogs than black people. For those who don't want to look: Red checks his wallet, discovers he has a lot of money and owns a car, and drives off for Havenstown with Scarlet riding along invisibly.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 4, 2023

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Years later, on an estranged parents message board: "I dont understand! I did everything for them the best I could! Why are they so ungrateful?"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Garm is so cool

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Medenmath posted:

Congrats! :toot:

Vintage Valiant (Jul. 29, 1956)

:siren::siren: PANTS :siren::siren:

Garm better loving survive this.

Edit: Also congratulations Vargo!

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

This is somehow the second Victor Borge joke I've seen this week as well as the second I've seen since 1992.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Stone Age Caper

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (May 8, 1935)

Peanuts (March 31, 1976)

Miss Peach (September 26, 1989)

I think today's the day I duck out of this one. It was fun giving it a try, but I'm starting to see why when Mell Lazarus cut back to one strip in his final years, he went with Momma. Maybe we just came in at the wrong end of it, I dunno.

Crankshaft

This feels like it's supposed to be a reference of Engelbert Humperdinck's opera "Hansel and Gretel", which premiered a few days before Christmas 1893. It was the first complete opera broadcast on the radio by the New York Metropolitan on Christmas Day 1931, and also the first complete opera broadcast on US television, by WRGB Schenectady on December 23, 1943. It's very, very closely connected with the Yuletide season, is the thing I'm driving at here.

So why the gently caress in April, buddy?

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 3, 1939)

Olive & Popeye

Out Our Way (June 19-21, 1941; timg'd for tiny Ick.)

e: All the best, Vargo!

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 4, 2023

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

If Marla murdered Stuart, would any jury convict?

(Just kidding; we live in the US where there's rarely justice for plebs)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Blueberry: Will gets upset at... well, everything, or Barrets and Skinney moonlight as Nixon's inspiration for governance, or Barrets and Skinney learn that relying on violent criminals may NOT be the wisest of choices...

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ballard Street returns with a few more strips to celebrate the joyous marriage news in this thread!

manero
Jan 30, 2006

No Nancy today, but I wanted to add to the congrats to Vargo!

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender

I can hear the narrator saying this

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

A+J + H + D

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 4, 2023

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Congratulations Vargo!

Scary Gary :drac:

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
WOW that's a lot of thread congrats! Thank you all so much, comic strip friends!

As a thank-you, here's some strips that made me smirk when I typed "wedding" into GoComics:

I also got (as you can imagine) a ton of "Cathy" strips, including the planning of the big wedding between Cathy and Irvin, which I think was the end of the strip? Anyway, here's some of those, because we haven't seen Cathy around the thread lately. I'll post it in chunks for the next couple of days.

I don't know if we'll get to the actual wedding though, this storyline ran for almost a year.

Powered Descent posted:

I can manage that. Just BCN, Phoebe, Wallace, Heart and Curtis, right? What day should I start? (And oh yeah congrats and stuff!)

Ahh! That's great! I guess let's say take over on Monday? I'll be available to do it over the weekend and don't head out until Tuesday.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 6/19-21/50

Archie 12/30-31/46

No New Year's Day strip either.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Is batting against a big tire an actual way to train? It seems like it would be bad for following through if every swing stops at the tire.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver 10: Boys Like Fun Part 2

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Here’s where the whole house of cards comes tumbling, inevitably, down.

Last page tomorrow as Solver 10 wraps up.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Had a system crash in the middle of prep work, so this is as far as I got tonight while I'm tidying up.

Dok's Dippy Front Line Dispatch (September 1, 1914)

Little Lefty (April 18-20, 1938)

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Funny Online Animals is no longer updating. As per his Tumblr:

"Forgot to tell you: Funny Online Animals is going to end with the last arc about Answer Hound and the cast going normal. Doing that arc alongside the 10th anniversary of the meme brought back some old baggage I thought I put behind me. The same vibes and feelings that made me want to end Gunshow before it. FOA was fun to do for the time we had, but it was a “break in case of emergency” idea for me in case I was running low on ‘em. Which I was when I started the comic, and felt again at the end of the last story and when I was taking a “break” of sorts.

But I’m over that hump and Comics Kingdom is letting me end it on my terms. I am, however, giving them (and you) a new comic that is a single panel, gag-based comic, akin to “F-Off™” cus I find those fun to do (easy too). It will be launching soon and I’ll post em here and nothing much will change beyond that. Doing so opens me up to other projects I want to pursue inside and outside of comics. Projects like working on a TV show pitch, petting my cats, and trying to finish Knausgaard’s “My Struggle” book 1. Hopefully that crazy teen will be able to drink a beer with his other teen friends. Time will tell."

Bit of a shame to see it go but I always appreciate when someone knows when to end something they're working on. The classic strip reposts are done and dusted and the story ends with the cast rubber-stamping Question Hound's signature and the grim pallor of misdeed hanging over the world at large. That's all she wrote.

Animals I Wish Would Die

In conclusion: never use biometric data for security purposes.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Home Free

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Hostile V posted:

Funny Online Animals is no longer updating. As per his Tumblr:

Aww, that's disappointing. I liked it, but yeah, it's good it went on its own terms.

Oh, come on.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 2, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Mar 20-21, 1993)

Big Nate

Dunce

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I'll be the first to admit good tea is nigh indistinguishable from weed, but yeah come the gently caress on

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
And you're not wondering about the clam with eyes?

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy (May 02, 2001)

Not Jimmy, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

Not Jimmy

Not Jimmy

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Congrats on the wedding Vargo.

Krazy Kat(july 30, 1916)

Little Nemo(December 24, 1905)

Little Nemo should be settling down to regular story lines soon. By February at the latest.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Murdstone posted:

Andertoons

I wasn't aware we were allowed to post the courtroom artist's work from Trump's arrest!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Aug. 05, 1956)