Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"He never took shots at WWE, except for the very obvious times when he did" :v:

I'll take the L on this one, with the caveat that I don't watch BTE (don't find it funny most of the time) so was mainly thinking about when he'd be asked directly in out of character interviews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Drew for G1 Climax 33 please

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

So last night was Bray's WrestleMania?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

projecthalaxy posted:

So if Endeavor applies the same pricing model as they do to UFC, itll look something like this

UFC on Fox, ESPN UFC ≈ Raw, Smackdown; costs whatever cable or cable substitute does

ESPN+ ≈ Peacock, $10 a month or $100 a year, archives and midlevel events

UFC Numbered Events ≈ WWE PPVs, 12x$70 per year, must be a ESPN+/Peacock subscriber to even have the privilege to purchase such an event

Is it not $80 for UFC PPV now?

Found this fun quote
"During the start of the ESPN deal in 2019, if an MMA fan bought all 13 PPVs and paid for the monthly subscription, it would cost them $839.75 for the year. In 2023, that total would now be at $1159.75 — if they don’t increase the ESPN+ subscription price for the entire year."

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Power Windows posted:

He let vince rewrite the show as a Fiend's Trick

forkboy84 posted:

Is it not $80 for UFC PPV now?

Found this fun quote
"During the start of the ESPN deal in 2019, if an MMA fan bought all 13 PPVs and paid for the monthly subscription, it would cost them $839.75 for the year. In 2023, that total would now be at $1159.75 — if they don’t increase the ESPN+ subscription price for the entire year."

Is it? I havent looked in a while lol. Hooray! Pay $80 for roadblock end of the line!

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEjMe9Jxp_0

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Gaz-L posted:

I'll take the L on this one, with the caveat that I don't watch BTE (don't find it funny most of the time) so was mainly thinking about when he'd be asked directly in out of character interviews.

It's all good, I just found it funny (like others ITT) that the throne/sledgehammer thing was cited as an example of a subtle dig, when it was as blatantly obvious as it gets. :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

At least one person won't join
https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1643230049011658754?t=gNCpg0ZcAZB3D6fO4LzWew&s=19

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

as a warrior

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fool me once: shame on bray
fool me twice: howdy's trick

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

When Triple H was at the helm, he was still producing the worst weekly wrestling product in America.* With Vince back, at least it's funny.**

*I guess because I never watched it
**I still won't watch it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
Man some people took it so personally when Cody left AEW, when good things happen to Cody it doesn’t mean you are dumb, if bad things happen to Cody it doesn’t mean you are smart. None of this means anything, I’ve never seen someone so divisive without having ever done anything actually bad/harmful, maybe Cena, but Cena legit buried guys Cody hasn’t buried anyone in his entire career, and arguably elevated more AEW originals than anybody not named Tony Khan.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

projecthalaxy posted:

as a warrior

Still chuckling at how Bobby Fish left AEW because he was unhappy with his booking and/or pay, fully expecting to be rehired by HHH :laugh:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Eat My Fuc posted:

Man some people took it so personally when Cody left AEW, when good things happen to Cody it doesn’t mean you are dumb, if bad things happen to Cody it doesn’t mean you are smart. None of this means anything, I’ve never seen someone so divisive without having ever done anything actually bad/harmful, maybe Cena, but Cena legit buried guys Cody hasn’t buried anyone in his entire career, and arguably elevated more AEW originals than anybody not named Tony Khan.

its just funny op

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I think cody is cool and love watching his silly segments but will also lol at the fact he's currently being metaphorically bonked on the top of his head with a giant cartoon mallet for no observable reason because really what can one do but laugh when such a thing occurs

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

its just funny op

I believe you and a few others but a couple of my friends here seem a wae bit unhinged about how much they’re “laughing” while being hopping mad

But also carry on enjoy your fun! It’s all good, love the energy

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Cody buried Sean Spears (not hard) but that was the original Cody burial

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Eat My Fuc posted:

I don't hate Cody and never will but I have to question why he thought the risk was worth it vs remaining a respected EVP/coach/mentor who could have easily gone heel and then done a face turn later in AEW. If you aren't Roman/Brock/Sheamus then your safety is not guaranteed and never will until Vince is dead in the ground

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

DLC Inc posted:

I don't hate Cody and never will but I have to question why he thought the risk was worth it vs remaining a respected EVP/coach/mentor who could have easily gone heel and then done a face turn later in AEW. If you aren't Roman/Brock/Sheamus then your safety is not guaranteed and never will until Vince is dead in the ground

Every Rhodes since time immemorial has fallen for this ruse, it’s in his blood unfortunately

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

Every Rhodes since time immemorial has fallen for this ruse, it’s in his blood unfortunately

Picturing Caveman Dusty being bonked with a Flintstones club by Caveman Vince

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Eat My Fuc posted:

By his own logic Cody buried two top heels (Malakai and Andrade) by working with them and stealing their heat.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
I didn't take it personally when Cody left AEW as I wasn't a big fan of his even back then, I just thought it was funny/stupid for him to go back to WWE after poo poo-talking them for so long, and also helping found the company that's become the first legitimate competition they've had in like 25 years. He would've had to have been either blind or completely delusional to expect any other outcome than what's happened thus far.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

Wasn't it noted a year ago that Sheamus wasn't exactly safe anymore? So it's just Roman and Brock

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Eat My Fuc posted:

I believe you and a few others but a couple of my friends here seem a wae bit unhinged about how much they’re “laughing” while being hopping mad

But also carry on enjoy your fun! It’s all good, love the energy

am i unhinged do you think

am i hopping mad

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
To me, it is toxic to point out how badly my favorite wrestler played himself and laugh at it, over and over and over.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i love wwe

Dick Swiveller
Mar 2, 2011

I'm very fond of Cody but it's definitely funny that he seems to exist in this weird superposition of maybe a wrestling genius and also a man afflicted by an ultra-bumble curse where everything cool he does ends up being too clever by half and biting him in the arse.

My antipathy towards the fed is much much greater than my desire to watch Cody so I for one am grateful that he is capable of entertaining me via the metanarrative of his career even if I don't watch anything more than ten second clips. He is much like Trips in this way.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Cody absolutely rules and I wish he was still in a company I wanted to watch but that doesn’t make it any less funny

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

it was very funny to me that everything seemed to break in cody's favor from the titty break delaying his return to the rumble win and the wrestlemania big event, and even disgusting haters like myself said well good for him because of course you have to end this mania with him winning, and then he didnt!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

MJeff posted:

To me, it is toxic to point out how badly my favorite wrestler played himself and laugh at it, over and over and over.

The greatest shame of all for acknowledging that the best and most consistent form of content is the funniest kind

The most recent generation of posters discovered this with their first GDT being the Fiend/Seth red Hell in a Cell

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I sure am bummed for the people in WWE who felt like real change was coming. I don't think any of us really expected the Vinceless Era to last all that long but it must have felt like such a weight off of the shoulders to not have him around and to have the guy who ran NXT like a super indie running things. Even if it wasn't perfect, it probably at least made coming to work a lot less stressful.

There probably wasn't a scenario where WWE was sold to someone who didn't want to keep Vince around, because he could probably just squash the deal if it didn't guarantee him a spot.

But man... this was the closest shot anyone had to a company without Vince's greasy fingerprints on it that we'll probably have until he eventually retires or dies, and I assume he'll do the latter before the former.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

UFC deal putting him in power virtually guarantees he will not relinquish power til he's dead, at minimum the next 5 years of WWE will certainly be miserable

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If Hunter was smart, he'd leak more Vince poo poo the second the deal is solidified.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Power Windows posted:

He drowned in a tank of mountain dew pitch black

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sportsgenius86 posted:

If Hunter was smart, he'd leak more Vince poo poo the second the deal is solidified.

If he was actually smart, he would've done it eight months ago.

These dumbfucks didn't shove the stakes in and are surprised the vampire came back.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

That DICK! posted:

it was very funny to me that everything seemed to break in cody's favor from the titty break delaying his return to the rumble win and the wrestlemania big event, and even disgusting haters like myself said well good for him because of course you have to end this mania with him winning, and then he didnt!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Digital Jedi posted:

My guesses are:
PPV model is back either in whole or just the big 4
Much more brand synergy like the Cinnamon toast crunch or prime stuff at mania
Just more general product placements
More superstars cutting ads or just mentioning products in promos.
More segments "sponsored by X"
Lot more ads throughout the show.
Crossovers with UFC (Not just doing ads for the up coming show but having fighters at or even involved in the show to cross promote. It's Vince so probably have like Usman or Izzy hang out with Apollo. Things like that)
Idk about new gear but I could see sponsors on gear

UFC fans loving hate wrestling.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
For the next part of his story arc Cody needs to get fat. We haven't had a fat Cody yet.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Digital Jedi posted:

My guesses are:
PPV model is back either in whole or just the big 4
Much more brand synergy like the Cinnamon toast crunch or prime stuff at mania
Just more general product placements
More superstars cutting ads or just mentioning products in promos.
More segments "sponsored by X"
Lot more ads throughout the show.
Crossovers with UFC (Not just doing ads for the up coming show but having fighters at or even involved in the show to cross promote. It's Vince so probably have like Usman or Izzy hang out with Apollo. Things like that)
Idk about new gear but I could see sponsors on gear

Brawl for all 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

81sidewinder
Sep 8, 2014

Buying stocks on the day of the crash

sportsgenius86 posted:

Steph was pretty clearly the source of the original leaks, and it didn't work out for her. What else could they leak? Vince was credibly accused of multiple violent rapes.