Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Hmmm I'm not sure of the overlap between this and the Simpsons Meme thread....

But have you Ray Jay agnostics seen the post history of one Haschel Cedricson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Dales Christmas present to hank that year was letting him help

Hey, some people just like to be useful.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

The Bible posted:

Yeah, but they tend to be disastrously designed as well. He DID build the stairs himself, though...

If it were up to you, you would have filled my buddy tunnel with cement, so no one else could use it!

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

The Bible posted:

I always thought it was weird that Dale had one. Basements are extremely rare in Texas for whatever reason. I don't believe I ever saw a house with one.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/texanist-dont-texas-houses-basements/

quote:

In some parts of the state the water table is too near the surface of the ground, making leaking and flooding an issue. In other areas the bedrock is too near the surface, making digging a basement difficult and costly.

Of course Dale wouldn't give a poo poo about any of those government lies. He probably spent a lot of (Nancy's) money to put that basement in a house that didn't have one initially.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Wow that's a really, really annoying writing style. It reads like something Peggy would write

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
Yeah, sorry about that, my search pulled up the passage I quoted and I thought it would at least be polite to include the link to the article I stole it from.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Fishstick posted:

Wow that's a really, really annoying writing style. It reads like something Peggy would write

They call them basements but in Texas the “base” house isn’t “meant” to have them

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

They call them basements but in Texas the “base” house isn’t “meant” to have them

- The Arlenian

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

basements suck, why would I want a conditioned space to keep my utilities dry and out of the way. makes no sense

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

A finished basement is one of the worlds great luxuries

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Watching Hanky panky right now and it might be the lowest Strickland's ever been.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Milo and POTUS posted:

Watching Hanky panky right now and it might be the lowest Strickland's ever been.

Sorry about the whole frame-up Tanto, I was under a lotta stress.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
When he asks Luann to marry him is Bucks lowest point.

“SHE SPURNED ME!!”

Lmao

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I’m further into Dallas and I noticed that Jock Ewing calls his wife and family matriarch “Ms. Ellie.” So if the it isn’t a weird rich Texas guy thing, Strickland calling his wife “Ms. Liz” is probably a Dallas reference/throwback.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

it's a southern thing in general, rich or poor white or black

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

namlosh posted:

When he asks Luann to marry him is Bucks lowest point.

“SHE SPURNED ME!!”

Lmao

lmao

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

SettingSun posted:

Excellent grouping Colonel! Plus those hollowpoints penetrated Shakespeare into the so-called 'joyous comedies'. As You Like It? Well, I like it plenty.

This line always stuck out to me for some reason. I always got the impression that for as dumb as he demonstrably is, he's probably the most well-read of the main cast. Dale, and Peggy too I suppose, are the only ones I can picture reading a book of their own volition.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Asterite34 posted:

This line always stuck out to me for some reason. I always got the impression that for as dumb as he demonstrably is, he's probably the most well-read of the main cast. Dale, and Peggy too I suppose, are the only ones I can picture reading a book of their own volition.

Dale is remarkably in touch with his feelings and sensitive side.

I can’t remember who pointed it out but Dalie is basically Hanks mirror image in that he’s successful at everything Hanks weak at (close to his son, in touch with his feelings, can openly display affection, can shoot straight) while he’s weak at everything Hank’s successful at (failing business, wife cheated on him, trusts the wrong people and distrusts the right ones)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

That's pretty got dang insightful, I tell you whut

YOUR UNCOOL NIECE
May 6, 2007

Kanga-Rat Murder Society
Mm-hmm

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

trusts the wrong people and distrusts the right ones
Except Octavio. Always trust Octavio implicitly.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

stealie72 posted:

Except Octavio. Always trust Octavio implicitly.

Dale can trust Octavio, but I don't think anyone else can. At least when it comes to meatloaf sandwiches from the Arlen Barn.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Dale is remarkably in touch with his feelings and sensitive side.

I can’t remember who pointed it out but Dalie is basically Hanks mirror image in that he’s successful at everything Hanks weak at (close to his son, in touch with his feelings, can openly display affection, can shoot straight) while he’s weak at everything Hank’s successful at (failing business, wife cheated on him, trusts the wrong people and distrusts the right ones)

Dale's even less competent with firearms than Hank is, if anything.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

hank also has a bad habit of assuming good faith in everyone he meets

but he's always suspicious of people peggy meets

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hank is very trusting unless the person in question is a tennis player

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Dale's even less competent with firearms than Hank is, if anything.

Dale can at least hit the broad side of a cash register.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

Extra Large Marge posted:

Hank is very trusting unless the person in question is a tennis player

Lol, tennis

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
When my wife & I travel to southwest Louisiana for work, she’s always, “Miss Darcy.” We poke fun at it, but she absolutely loves it.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Another Bill posted:

That's pretty got dang insightful, I tell you whut

Talkin bout dang old Dales a good dad, man, bein all... look the other way talkin bout John Redcorn and all that man and Dale dang ole love Joseph man.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

there's a hole... AND A HOLE!!!

revisited parks n rec recently. Andy's arc of being in a lovely rock band -> successful children's entertainer feels like such a rip off of Big Mountain Fudgecake. I wonder if Ken Hotate gave them the idea

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Let us also remember that Dale had no issues about his dad being gay. His dad being a government agent though...

He did have a freakout on Hank when Redcorn told him that Hank had a dirty dream about Nancy. Which is wrong for all the best reasons. John Redcorn who used to celebrate Thanksgiving.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

A MIRACLE posted:

I wonder if Ken Hotate gave them the idea

Lol Greg Daniels is literally the executive producer on both shows.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

We don’t have to go through Oklahoma! :)

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

It’s not an entree, it’s an event!!

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Petriot Act is a good episode

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

John Redcorn who used to celebrate Thanksgiving.
His people did, anyway. Once.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Footballisgreatsoccerisdumb.com

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

CommonShore posted:

Hmmm I'm not sure of the overlap between this and the Simpsons Meme thread....

But have you Ray Jay agnostics seen the post history of one Haschel Cedricson?

What's with Haschel? I almost exclusively know him from the yearly Awful Xmas threads, and he kills there, so I don't get the comparison. Dude's hilarious and wonderful.

As for RJJ being this generation's Steamed Hams, can you imagine trying to explain that meme like ten, maybe 15 years from now? I can't. I'd be like Peggy...

Me: "Oh! Steamed Hams! 'Aurora Borealis... At this time of day....', hahahaha. This meme got us through the Trump presidency. If there was a meme for 2016, this was it."

Kid: "But it's not funny."

Me: "It is and also, gently caress you."

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just watched these two episodes and I have this to say in defense of Buck,

even though he tried to frame Hank he only did it because he was certain Miss Liz did it. When the sheriff said it was either her or him Buck tried to fall on that sword and "confessed" so nah I don't think that's Buck at his true worst

the episode where he brings Bobby to gamble with criminals is probably scummier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What's with Haschel? I almost exclusively know him from the yearly Awful Xmas threads, and he kills there, so I don't get the comparison. Dude's hilarious and wonderful.

As for RJJ being this generation's Steamed Hams, can you imagine trying to explain that meme like ten, maybe 15 years from now? I can't. I'd be like Peggy...

Me: "Oh! Steamed Hams! 'Aurora Borealis... At this time of day....', hahahaha. This meme got us through the Trump presidency. If there was a meme for 2016, this was it."

Kid: "But it's not funny."

Me: "It is and also, gently caress you."

I thought "Where's the beef" was that generation's Steamed Hams