Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, idly, I was fooling around in the sound banks, looking at various barks, and I noticed this:

Usually, each Identity gets three "Chatter" lines. However, the base IDs for Gregor, Rodion and Sinclair have 5, and the two extra ones are based on some things learned only in their chapters-Gregor's mentions that his arm would regenerate even if it was cut off, Rodion's mentions that her hometown was cold, and Sinclair's has him ask Dante about their prosthetic head.

Minor detail, but neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
I'm still mad that swapping my kromer team made it go from "impossible" to "win with almost no damage taken". I really didn't expect g corp gregor to do that much work.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kromer, being a blunt-resistant final boss at the end of a dungeon and a chapter filled with blunt-weak enemies was rude as heck, as I filled my sinner composition at the beginning of the dungeon with identities specialized in blunt damage, so I had to scrounge up an usable team from the leftovers.

The bleed and burn gimmick was trivial compared to that, mostly because I didn't really have any bleed and burn focused identities. :v:

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
I feel like that particular trick is most likely to get people when Limbus is their first introduction to Project Moon game design—I was expecting it because "Get the player used to something and then gently caress that thing over hard and see how they prepped for it" has come up so often that it's almost like coming home. :allears:

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

TeeQueue posted:

I feel like that particular trick is most likely to get people when Limbus is their first introduction to Project Moon game design—I was expecting it because "Get the player used to something and then gently caress that thing over hard and see how they prepped for it" has come up so often that it's almost like coming home. :allears:

I just wish they made A Sign let Sinclair ignore the resist and treat it as neutral, as both his 00s are pure blunt and redoing the entire dungeon to bring in LCB Sinclair is a massive time loss.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Honestly, I had ignored Sinclair so I brought base sinclair in already, then I had a week before kromer because of stream timing and since he had the whole sign I just kind of leveled him to 30 between streams for the memes.

It was rather lucky, in hindsight. :v:

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I didn't prioritize blunt for 3-22. My reasoning was that since I didn't need to meet the 10-turn EX timer inside the dungeon, I could focus solely on winning clashes.

My underleveled/untied Sinclair ended up being a Sign provider while the main team shot, burned and chopped Kromer to bits (grip in piss).

Rogue AI Goddess fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Apr 4, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
I kind of didn't focus on the blunt thing... because I didn't notice it. :v:

I just went into the dungeon with a bunch of different options that I liked and let G-Corp Gregor get beat up a lot.

t3isukone
Dec 18, 2020

13km away

Lurks With Wolves posted:

(Also, someone could probably make a similar effort post about what EGOs each character can use and what that means about them, but that person isn't going to be me.)

I'll try?

First off, going with the story abnormalities and story Sinners since we know more about them.

Gregor Legerdemain: Not sure this even really needs an explanation. Bugs, apples, trauma.

Rodya Rime Shank: See Gregor Legerdemain. Final boss of her chapter, thematically relevant.

Rodya Fourth Match Flame: Rodya repeatedly talks about being in the cold and wanting to be warm, which is the same motif as Scorched Girl and the story she's based off of. Scorched Girl talks in Lobcorp about how cold she is, too. There's also Rodya's personality here: her EGO line has her talking about fervent feelings.

Sinclair Impending Day: Here's where things get more complicated. I...don't entirely get this one. Doomsday Calendar has a lot of motifs going on-sacrifice, the cosmos, betrayal-and I don't really know where Sinclair fits in. He betrayed his family, but not in the way that the clerks did-but maybe it's a representation of his guilt for that, framed as a 'sacrifice'?

Outis Ebony Queen's Apple: Someone else here mentioned Eris's apple of discord starting the Trojan War, which I think is a really good connection. The Abnormality battle heavily links this with 'distrust', which also fits Outis to a T.

Meursault You Wanna Get Beat? Hurtily?: And back to simplicity. Meursault is very roboty, he is a robot now. It's interesting to note that something I've seen pointed out on Twitter is that even while he's Corroded, Meursault's lines in this EGO are distinctly less emotional than that of the Abnormality.

Hong Lu Pink Shoes: Bondage! The Pink Shoes' ribbons are pretty-looking and intoxicating, but they bind tightly. Even when he isn't corroded, Hong Lu is depicted as a puppet dangling from strings here. The hints we've had at Hong Lu's backstory definitely imply something of a 'gilded cage' situation.

Ishmael Pink Shoes: Obviously, this is a reference to how incredibly horny Moby-Dick is. I guess maybe something about her single-minded obsession with hunting Ahab? As many people have pointed out, Hong Lu seems to be trapped by the ribbons while Ishmael seems to be hypnotized by them.

Fluid Sac: I have no loving idea what the deal is with Fluid Sac or Headless Ichthys. It's a fish. It was nightmarishly hard and now it isn't. It's kind of cute in a weird way. However, narratively, there's no attack names or lines when using the EGO that give me any idea of what it's supposed to represent. It also has its writeup done by Meursault, with no additional comments, and he doesn't even finish it(?).

Telepole: This one we have a little more on than feesh, as Yi Sang makes some interesting comments in his log regarding the dog being forced to move by electric stimuli and seeming to follow the will of the electricity. The corrosion is interesting because in both cases Don and Heathcliff are attacked by the abnormality and become the prisoner impaled on it rather than the abnormality itself. Heathcliff is associated with storms?

Gregor Fae Lantern: ...Fairies are kind of like insects?

Outis Ya Sunyata Tad Rupam: ...I do not know nearly enough about Buddhism to make a call here. Googling says a rough translation would be 'whatever emptiness there is, that is form'. Her lines imply that this has something to do with her guilt about the Smoke War, with her talking about karma falling upon people.

Meursault Pursuance: This one is more interesting because of what Meursault isn't. In The Stranger, Meursault's atheism is a major plot point. Part of the ending is his refusing the priest's offers of forgiveness and redemption-which makes his line 'I will pray for you so that you will surely break' interesting. His Corrosion here has him again asking to not be forgiven. This one so obviously doesn't fit him that it immediately makes it interesting? Probably has something to do with his backstory, likely connected with whatever went down between him and N Corp.

Ryoshu Fourth Match Flame: haha ryoshu you burned your daughter alive. I had all sorts of things I was going to say about her daughter as the Scorched Girl and wondering what kanji she was writing but then I remembered that oh yeah. That.

Ishmael Ardor Blossom Star: I have no clue, honestly.

Faust Hex Nail: This abnormality has a lot of character, and I think this is extremely interesting in what it implies about Faust's backstory. It's worth noting that Faust Part 2 involves the death of Faust's son and Faust sounds on the verge of tears while corroding. EDIT: After her corrosion a cereal box falls out with a smaller cartoony teddy bear on it and a bloody teddy bear's arm poking out. So yeah, uh, Euphorion was probably a thing.

Yi Sang: I have not read The Wings and I do not understand what summaries I have read of The Wings. I have no idea what's going on in either of his EGOs.

t3isukone fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Apr 4, 2023

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

If I might add some notes...

Impending Day: Pretty sure it references Kromer's promise to comw back for Sinclair. Kromer is the apocalypse the doomsday clock is heralding. Also Sinclair definitively felt like he sacrificed his family to escape the operation even if he didn't mean it.

Outis' Buddist EGO: The name is a reference to the Heart Sutra, on of the most important texts in Buddishm. I can't say I understand it comepletely, but I think it refers to the unchanging nature of things (that being emptiness). It could just be a pun about Outis being nobody, and therefore empty.

Ardor Blossom Star: The Abno is a moth. Moths are drawn to flames and die burning, and Ishmael seems to have some kind of obsession, and we know Ahab in the novel was self-destructive in the pursuit of the whale.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Fluid Sac, and the Headless Ichthys itself, is basically about presenting something to the world that you are not. Meursault's observation log mentions there being something inside the sac that bears resemblance to a flower or the nervous system of a human, which controls the otherwise dead fish. It's a parastic organism hidden inside a corpse, presenting to the world a living headless fishmonster.

The Ichthys is also a symbol of early christianity, a symbol used to secretly communicate during the time of persecution by the Roman Empire. So a headless one would be associated with the death of christ I imagine, or something along the lines of; loss of faith, innocence, literal blind faith in a no longer living ideal.

I can see how those would associate somewhat with Don Quixote (Blind Faith) and Faust (presenting her genius to the world and demanding blind faith in what she can create, also general Christian idealogy/theology stuff).

As for the Fae Lantern, remember that Gregor's arm has a hunger for blood that he loses control of. The Fae Lantern attack is it well, taking on the aspects of the Fairy Abnormality and striking out to feast. All of his transformations so far show his arm transforming specifically, and the corrosion version spreads it to the rest of his body. But it seems that the arm is what is resonating, not Gregor himself.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Apr 4, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TeeQueue posted:

Honestly, I had ignored Sinclair so I brought base sinclair in already, then I had a week before kromer because of stream timing and since he had the whole sign I just kind of leveled him to 30 between streams for the memes.

It was rather lucky, in hindsight. :v:

I had only leveled the base LCB Sinners, so I did the dungeon with just them and it worked out. :smuggo:

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Re: headless, I'll also note that you can see a shape that resembles Carmen in it's belly, so it's probably representative of her Architecture fishtank in some way?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

t3isukone posted:

I'll try?

First off, going with the story abnormalities and story Sinners since we know more about them.

Gregor Legerdemain: Not sure this even really needs an explanation. Bugs, apples, trauma.

Rodya Rime Shank: See Gregor Legerdemain. Final boss of her chapter, thematically relevant.

Rodya Fourth Match Flame: Rodya repeatedly talks about being in the cold and wanting to be warm, which is the same motif as Scorched Girl and the story she's based off of. Scorched Girl talks in Lobcorp about how cold she is, too. There's also Rodya's personality here: her EGO line has her talking about fervent feelings.

Sinclair Impending Day: Here's where things get more complicated. I...don't entirely get this one. Doomsday Calendar has a lot of motifs going on-sacrifice, the cosmos, betrayal-and I don't really know where Sinclair fits in. He betrayed his family, but not in the way that the clerks did-but maybe it's a representation of his guilt for that, framed as a 'sacrifice'?

Outis Ebony Queen's Apple: Someone else here mentioned Eris's apple of discord starting the Trojan War, which I think is a really good connection. The Abnormality battle heavily links this with 'distrust', which also fits Outis to a T.

Meursault You Wanna Get Beat? Hurtily?: And back to simplicity. Meursault is very roboty, he is a robot now. It's interesting to note that something I've seen pointed out on Twitter is that even while he's Corroded, Meursault's lines in this EGO are distinctly less emotional than that of the Abnormality.

Hong Lu Pink Shoes: Bondage! The Pink Shoes' ribbons are pretty-looking and intoxicating, but they bind tightly. Even when he isn't corroded, Hong Lu is depicted as a puppet dangling from strings here. The hints we've had at Hong Lu's backstory definitely imply something of a 'gilded cage' situation.

Ishmael Pink Shoes: Obviously, this is a reference to how incredibly horny Moby-Dick is. I guess maybe something about her single-minded obsession with hunting Ahab? As many people have pointed out, Hong Lu seems to be trapped by the ribbons while Ishmael seems to be hypnotized by them.

Fluid Sac: I have no loving idea what the deal is with Fluid Sac or Headless Ichthys. It's a fish. It was nightmarishly hard and now it isn't. It's kind of cute in a weird way. However, narratively, there's no attack names or lines when using the EGO that give me any idea of what it's supposed to represent. It also has its writeup done by Meursault, with no additional comments, and he doesn't even finish it(?).

Telepole: This one we have a little more on than feesh, as Yi Sang makes some interesting comments in his log regarding the dog being forced to move by electric stimuli and seeming to follow the will of the electricity. The corrosion is interesting because in both cases Don and Heathcliff are attacked by the abnormality and become the prisoner impaled on it rather than the abnormality itself. Heathcliff is associated with storms?

Outis Ya Sunyata Tad Rupam: ...I do not know nearly enough about Buddhism to make a call here. Googling says a rough translation would be 'whatever emptiness there is, that is form'. Her lines imply that this has something to do with her guilt about the Smoke War, with her talking about karma falling upon people.

Meursault Pursuance: This one is more interesting because of what Meursault isn't. In The Stranger, Meursault's atheism is a major plot point. Part of the ending is his refusing the priest's offers of forgiveness and redemption-which makes his line 'I will pray for you so that you will surely break' interesting. His Corrosion here has him again asking to not be forgiven. This one so obviously doesn't fit him that it immediately makes it interesting? Probably has something to do with his backstory, likely connected with whatever went down between him and N Corp.

Ryoshu Fourth Match Flame: haha ryoshu you burned your daughter alive. I had all sorts of things I was going to say about her daughter as the Scorched Girl and wondering what kanji she was writing but then I remembered that oh yeah. That.

Ishmael Ardor Blossom Star: I have no clue, honestly.

Faust Hex Nail: This abnormality has a lot of character, and I think this is extremely interesting in what it implies about Faust's backstory. It's worth noting that Faust Part 2 involves the death of Faust's son and Faust sounds on the verge of tears while corroding. EDIT: After her corrosion a cereal box falls out with a smaller cartoony teddy bear on it and a bloody teddy bear's arm poking out. So yeah, uh, Euphorion was probably a thing.

Yi Sang: I have not read The Wings and I do not understand what summaries I have read of The Wings. I have no idea what's going on in either of his EGOs.

A good start! Some things to add:

I think the important part for Sinclair's Impending Day is probably "Impending" and its apocalypse theming--and his natural mode is avoidance, ignoring things until he finally can't ignore them any more. That's present both in his past (keeping quiet about his discomfort with the prosthetics, ignoring the ominous signs around both Kromer and Damien) and in his personality (he's quiet and meek until he's had enough and slips into a berserker rage instead). Impending Day is an easy abnormality to manage so long as you stay on top of it and keep killing clay dolls, but if you ignore it and let it build up, then you pay a price. EGO are representative of growth, so flip that around, and you make use of Impending Day's EGO by seizing opportunities rather than simply taking what you're given.

Ishmael Pink Shoes being hypnotized is revenge and obsession theming.

No idea on Fluid Sac either. Blood? The body and pain/scars more generally? Headless's big gimmick is the turn 3 Blood Cannon round and Don has the Blood of Sancho EGO and Faust has Hex Nail.

Does Gregor's Lantern have some tie to the fair folk in another language? If it does, then it's about their association with poorly-understood rules and hidden prices, which leads pretty naturally into Gregor having been a soldier and not having expected that to be so bad. From Nutrient Absorption and the looks, though, I'm guessing it's about transformation again, this time through death. The cycle of life in a forest.

Ardor Blossom Star's effect is to increase your own Stagger Threshold based on the damage you do, increasing the amount of punishment you can take before you break, while the Corrosion effect costs 10% max HP to use but makes that effect even stronger. Between that and the Burn and the wings it's going for phoenix imagery, but its rebirth is specifically tied to violence. So it's revenge again.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Fausts name being, well, Faust, and everything about her relationship to Limbus makes me think that the company made a deal with whoever she used to be to be the vessel for some huge data trove they found, or supercomputer, and they needed someone willing to sacrifice their brain to put it in. Maybe like an old backup of some of Angela's data? Which would track with the idea that the self she's 'presenting', Faust, isn't the true original her, but some new gestalt.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012
Impending day also has the connotations of offering sacrifices to sate it for a while but not forever, which fits with Sinclair's original sin of going along with Kromer due to his own dislike of prosthetics until his own personal apocalypse.

SITB fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Apr 4, 2023

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
On top of what everyone else said about Impending Days already, let's remember the simple things. Demian is the story of Emil Sinclair learning about the nature of the world and when our Sinclair is overwhelmed he either shuts down or tries to get rid of the problem with overwhelming violence. Impending Day is about the nature of the world (the inevitability of fate, etc) and getting rid of things with overwhelming violence. They just mesh thematically.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
There were some things I noted, when looking at the base EGO. For the most part, they do usually coincide with a sin in the base LCB ID's kit. But there are a few that don't.

Hong Lu has no Gloom in his base kit, but Land of Illusion is Gloom.
Sinclair has no Gluttony in his base kit, but Branch of the Tree of Knowledge is Gluttony.

SITB
Nov 3, 2012

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Outis' Buddist EGO: The name is a reference to the Heart Sutra, on of the most important texts in Buddishm. I can't say I understand it comepletely, but I think it refers to the unchanging nature of things (that being emptiness). It could just be a pun about Outis being nobody, and therefore empty.

Also, Outis promo talks about how she 'hasn't moved a single step' at the end, so an abno about the unchanging nature of the self seems to vibe with her.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Another thought about telepole. The abnormality itself is the alleyway watchdog, which suggests it might be a force of retributive/vigilante violent justice. Which fits both Heathcliff (crack the skulls of the rich) and Don Quixote (JUSTICE!!!).

The corpse effectively being strung up as an example for others, hung from the telephone poles.

Its mechanics, for all that they barely matter, are retributive in nature. When you attack it, it ruptures you for doing so.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 5, 2023

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
Or maybe Project Moon are just really big Persona 4 fans.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."

Lord_Magmar posted:

Another thought about telepole. The abnormality itself is the alleyway watchdog, which suggests it might be a force of retributive/vigilante violent justice. Which fits both Heathcliff (crack the skulls of the rich) and Don Quixote (JUSTICE!!!).

The corpse effectively being strung up as an example for others, hung from the telephone poles.

Its mechanics, for all that they barely matter, are retributive in nature. When you attack it, it ruptures you for doing so.

The abnormality description describes the wolf as being like a prisoner because of how it's stabbed through with the poles, so I'm not sure it's about justice. Not unless it's portraying that sort of avenger mindset as something that hurts the avenger just as much, anyway.

Loxo321
Sep 28, 2021

t3isukone posted:

I brought EGO up in a Reddit post some time ago and some other person brought up an interesting idea about the Lantern EGO based on voicelines and the likely nature of Faelantern.

First of all, Faelantern is probably an Aberration of Meat Lantern, an Abnormality that lures people in with its "flower" before devouring them whole. Second of all, Gregor's Awakening and Corrosions lines talk about telling a story and captivating people respectively. Combining these two details together, we get the idea of a story captivating people and leading to their deaths.

How does this connect to Gregor? Well, remember his past as a G Corp soldier, where he was the face of the G Corp war effort, being the face of every G Corp propaganda poster and being a source of inspiration for many G Corp soldiers. So basically, Lantern is a reflection of how Gregor being the face of G Corp propaganda likely caused many needless deaths as a result of G Corp conscripts willingly and enthusiastically joining the war effort.

As for Telepole, Yi Sang's comments about how Alleyway Watchdog seemingly being controlled by the lightning from the sky and thus, being a prisoner to the whims of the sky brings to attention the idea that both Faust and Don chasing after "stars" (Faust's final sentence in her promo being about chasing after the star and Don's literature quote being "To reach the unreachable star"), so Telepole probably represents how both of them striving for something they cannot reach. Heathcliff is probably the same, even if his "star" is probably Cathy which is a bit more concrete than whatever Faust and Don are striving for ("Satisfaction" and "Justice" respectively I think).

For Headless Ichthys, the ichthys is apparently a symbol of fertility in some regions, combining that with the fact that Hex Nail corrosion for Faust looks a bit like a miscarriage and... well, there's at least a plausible tie for Faust to resonate with Fluid Sac. Don, I still have no clue though.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

t3isukone posted:

There WAS a trigger warning for familial homicide...

Though that might just be Hong Lu.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Shastahanshah posted:

There WAS a trigger warning for familial homicide...

Though that might just be Hong Lu.

Ryoshu and Heathcliff also could have that as a thing in their story.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I wonder if we're just going to constantly have a chain of new ID contains art of other Sinners in the same group, who then get their new IDs in that group later, which has more sinners in that group, etc. so by the end everyone's got a Liu ID, a WARP ID, etc.

We've already started-Hong Liu was in Liu Meursault's art, and now Hong Liu has Yi Sang and Faust in his art, so they might get Liu IDs too. And there are other examples, like Rabbit Ryoshu, WARP Hong Lu and Rodion, Zwei Don, etc.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Junpei posted:

I wonder if we're just going to constantly have a chain of new ID contains art of other Sinners in the same group, who then get their new IDs in that group later, which has more sinners in that group, etc. so by the end everyone's got a Liu ID, a WARP ID, etc.

We've already started-Hong Liu was in Liu Meursault's art, and now Hong Liu has Yi Sang and Faust in his art, so they might get Liu IDs too. And there are other examples, like Rabbit Ryoshu, WARP Hong Lu and Rodion, Zwei Don, etc.

Yeah, I was wondering about Zwei Don. I pulled Zwei Sinclair today.

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

I'm just looking forward to WAW and ALEPH egos. I wanna see what kinda weird poo poo we get with those.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Especially if they go Full Gacha and start making collaboration IDs/EGOs.

There’s several Sinners who could get A Love That Crushes Like A Mace EGO (Melting Love aberration).

Drained a ton of modules today farming thread off the dog. Technically I would like to finish uptying Kurokumo Rodion, but there should be time to do that naturally and still get the banner (assuming I can hack it).

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
Liu bros hype post lets goooooooo

https://twitter.com/VroomVroom_BUS/status/1643307007586476034?s=20

https://twitter.com/chee2e_166/status/1642093698610778112?s=20

https://twitter.com/ameba_PM/status/1634204717063479296?s=20

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
People keep saying Gregor is short, but I don't really see it, it's just that he seems shorter compared to Rodion, Meursault, Heathcliff and Vergillius

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
The thugs he beats up in his Liu final uptie scene do call him short, no cap. Thus we can take his shortness as canon.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

i wouldnt want him any other way

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Junpei posted:

People keep saying Gregor is short, but I don't really see it, it's just that he seems shorter compared to Rodion, Meursault, Heathcliff and Vergillius

He's shorter than every guy except Sinclair and possibly shorter than every gal except Don Quixote).

If you look at the image of everyone side by side. Greg is absolutely short for a man his age.

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

studio mujahideen posted:

i wouldnt want him any other way

its a major charm point imo

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gregor is cool and good. And short

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_jomXhjUjI

me when i see gregor

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

We love a short king.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

we do have official heights for the cast ftr

rodion: 183-184cm (6'0'')
yi sang: 175-176cm (5'8''-5'9'')
heathcliff: 179cm (5'10'')
ishmael: 170cm (5'6'')
sinclair: 161-162cm (5'3'')
gregor: 170-171cm (5'6'')
don quixote: 159-160cm (5'2'')
ryoshu: 172cm-173cm (5'7''-5'8'')
faust: 173cm (5'8'')
hong lu: 176-177cm (5'9'')
outis: 175-176cm (5'8''-5'9'')
meursault: 187-188cm (6'2'')

not sure if theres any good official art for measuring dante/vergilius/charon's heights next to the sinners