Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Drakkel posted:

Reminder that WWE let Rock leave to go to Hollywood cause they assumed he'd fail without their help and come crawling back to them

considering how black adam and the xfl have gone this might well be true lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

everybody falls eventually in the action star business except tom cruise

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Seams posted:

considering how black adam and the xfl have gone this might well be true lol

Lol. Lmao even. Rocky isn't coming back.

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1642939466573660206?s=20

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The Mouse has saved Dwayne

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Pretty eh promo from Dwayne

You can tell he's desperate from how early he's announced the project

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1643178153978765312

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"Please Mr Iger, my Q ratings, they're very sick... just a crumb of box office..."

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

fez_machine posted:

Pretty eh promo from Dwayne

You can tell he's desperate from how early he's announced the project

He really needs a win, nothing has worked for the rock as the star like the old days since like fate of the furious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

He really needs a win, nothing has worked for the rock as the star like the old days since like fate of the furious

Both Jumanji movies outgrossed Moana which was an absolutely massive hit and all of them came after his last main line Fast movie. Black Adam is the only movie that was a real high profile bust since Skyscraper which did fine internationally and that was 5 years ago. The narrative that he was a franchise saver or the biggest draw in Hollywood was an invention but he's had a very successful career outside of Fast and still has a ton of high profile projects. Like Moana, which he's not announcing early because he's desperate, he's announcing early because Disney wants a huge star to start the hype train. Especially when the live action remakes are one of Disney's few guaranteed hits with the animated division hitting the rocks lately.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Both Jumanji movies outgrossed Moana which was an absolutely massive hit and all of them came after his last main line Fast movie. Black Adam is the only movie that was a real high profile bust since Skyscraper which did fine internationally and that was 5 years ago. The narrative that he was a franchise saver or the biggest draw in Hollywood was an invention but he's had a very successful career outside of Fast and still has a ton of high profile projects. Like Moana, which he's not announcing early because he's desperate, he's announcing early because Disney wants a huge star to start the hype train. Especially when the live action remakes are one of Disney's few guaranteed hits with the animated division hitting the rocks lately.

Its also because there is a ton of bad press about how he's secretly an rear end in a top hat to work with and is hulk hogany in making sure that his characters never lose. That along with Black Adam bombing and bombing hard means he needs some PR wins.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LionYeti posted:

Its also because there is a ton of bad press about how he's secretly an rear end in a top hat to work with and is hulk hogany in making sure that his characters never lose. That along with Black Adam bombing and bombing hard means he needs some PR wins.

He really doesn't, he has a bunch of work lined up including two Disney projects.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dwayne's clearly desperate yeah, and it's deserved :sickos: gently caress him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Dwayne was as desperate as a man with a hundred million in the bank could be, in that he needed people to be nice about him online again please and thank you.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
to be fair I think it's clear from the last few years that people being mean to rich people online can really gently caress up said rich people. maybe he can buy twitter off of Elon

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Dwayne was as desperate as a man with a hundred million in the bank could be, in that he needed people to be nice about him online again please and thank you.

Elon Musk did it so it must be the road to success.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Honestly the thing that surprises me the most about the Moana reveal here is that he didn't shill his lovely tequila during it.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

MassRafTer posted:

Just because he did financially well on those doesn’t mean he is happy with critical reception to them, which was good for the first jumanji movie he did and then has been diminishing returns. Skyscraper was what it was, hobbs and shaw massively disappointed critically even if it made money, jumanji 2 didn’t make everyone impressed like the first one did, red notice had a gold egg, jungle cruise underperformed…

Rock hasn’t had a home run since fast 8, and i suspect he is hoping moana will be it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

rotinaj posted:

Just because he did financially well on those doesn’t mean he is happy with critical reception to them, which was good for the first jumanji movie he did and then has been diminishing returns. Skyscraper was what it was, hobbs and shaw massively disappointed critically even if it made money, jumanji 2 didn’t make everyone impressed like the first one did, red notice had a gold egg, jungle cruise underperformed…

Rock hasn’t had a home run since fast 8, and i suspect he is hoping moana will be it.

He has always been a complete neurotic weirdo and has been notorious for it since filming Fast Five. He's hard to get along with and loves to lash out about the haters. It has been noticeable lately because he was in a power play to try to get control of the DC movies, but the same thing happened throughout his Fast movies. If he really cared about critical reception he'd take a step back and take projects that reflected that. But he doesn't, he just does as many big projects as he can and churns them out. And most do well which is why Red Notice and Jungle Cruise got immediate sequels greenlight even though one was instantly forgotten and the other required some pandemic excuses which may or may not be valid.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Rock killed any chance of a Shazam 3, which means we'll probably never see Mr. Mind on the big screen again. I can't forgive him for this, I hope he ends up having to wrestle Roman Reigns at Mania 40 to keep the lights on in his giant mansion.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

The Rock killed any chance of a Shazam 3, which means we'll probably never see Mr. Mind on the big screen again. I can't forgive him for this, I hope he ends up having to wrestle Roman Reigns at Mania 40 to keep the lights on in his giant mansion.

If he ever gets to that point, he will just run for president and be tsunami’d with cash

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Dwayne please gain like 300 lbs of dadbod so you can accurately play Maui

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NewsXero/status/1643299873138040845?s=20

Yeah, rip

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1643301899469217850

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1643304682033405953?t=vEAw0Ybc2rAfkZArmLLE4g&s=19

Hahahahaha

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Suck my rear end ya fuckin weirdo

:cheers:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Suck my rear end ya fuckin weirdo

:cheers:

Thread title plz

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I once DM'd XeroNews to see if he'd accept any random "scoop" from someone on twitter. I told him that Chuck Taylor and Trent were involved in the Brawl Out and Trent kept yelling "loving Phil is at it again!" while Chuck Taylor laughed. Then Trent and Ryan Nemeth were on a flight together and Ryan kept saying it was "really funny how Phil flipped out".

Xero then told me he'd "heard similar things" and asked if I knew anyone else that was on the "pro-Elite side of things".

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

A Fancy Hat posted:

I once DM'd XeroNews to see if he'd accept any random "scoop" from someone on twitter. I told him that Chuck Taylor and Trent were involved in the Brawl Out and Trent kept yelling "loving Phil is at it again!" while Chuck Taylor laughed. Then Trent and Ryan Nemeth were on a flight together and Ryan kept saying it was "really funny how Phil flipped out".

Xero then told me he'd "heard similar things" and asked if I knew anyone else that was on the "pro-Elite side of things".

How long did it take for you to stop laughing?

Kurash
May 12, 2008

If he didn't run with it then he has one up on Dave.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

xeronews dying on one final hill lol. 100% this was due to him saying some poo poo about how "the higher ups" had seen vince's gameplan and were working to reverse poo poo, which is absolutely ridiculous but SRS called him out like 2 min later anyway saying it was utter horseshit

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021
https://twitter.com/scoobydoo1005/status/1643316148845400064

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

https://twitter.com/TranquiloClubYT/status/1643289529741365248?t=UwTaoaQDVvmLcQyc-ez7jA&s=19

:mmmhmm:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

between this and everything else I'm feeling like an ewok at the end of the star wars

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

JUNGLE BOY posted:

between this and everything else I'm feeling like an ewok at the end of the star wars

Oh yes, I'll run swinging my little spear with you

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Oh yes, I'll run swinging my little spear with you

If Vince can get away with it, so can you

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Xero News is dead, just like Buck Starsky, and you're all laughing. :(

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Starsky passed on his ideals in death: slandering a woman who did nothing to him.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Bonk posted:

Dwayne please gain like 300 lbs of dadbod so you can accurately play Maui

Better yet, he should go all in on 'mythologically Maui' and shed all the juice muscle and grt CGI'd down to being a lil guy, then get yolked all over again for his next project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/SlappadaBRO_WWE/status/1643186133059399680

denial of reality is such a beautiful thing