Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Nicest psychopath you'll ever meet
Twisted loving nice guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

Twisted loving nice guy

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

i sold my WoW account to a guy in high school, then I found out he wasn't using it so I tried to do password recovery on it to get it back. he ended up not caring and just asked for his money back, which i gave him, but I was so racked with guilt that weekend that I ended up showing up to school monday morning with a small cake for him to say sorry lol

This is actually pretty pathetic dude lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Twisted loving nice guy

The Banshees of Inisherin

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

symbolic posted:

Imp: my high school buddy Kyle spawncamped me in CS:S deathmatch a few times once so i keyed his parents' car and made it look like he did it so they shipped him off to military school lol

twisted lurker who only posts in Goons with Spoons and the Games Diablo II thread: yeah i threw the baby penguin off the side of Cool, Cool Mountain. just wanted to see if i could, i still hate myself for it. sorry, all.

Evil Eagle posted:

Twisted loving nice guy

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

This is actually pretty pathetic dude lmao

why the hostility, leadthumb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Twisted loving nice guy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

Twisted loving nice guy

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Twisted loving nice guy

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

symbolic posted:

Imp: my high school buddy Kyle spawncamped me in CS:S deathmatch a few times once so i keyed his parents' car and made it look like he did it so they shipped him off to military school lol

twisted lurker who only posts in Goons with Spoons and the Games Diablo II thread: yeah i threw the baby penguin off the side of Cool, Cool Mountain. just wanted to see if i could, i still hate myself for it. sorry, all.

Lol

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Have a very good friend who at one point invited me over to try Halo CE a while after it had come out. First time I'd played anything like it except a little Perfect Dark, so I was pretty clueless, and it was just him going up on the canyon walls in Blood Gulch and sniping me repeatedly while I tried in vain to shoot him with my plasma pistol. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Anyway we're at school the following week and he's sort of giving me a hard time about this, and I get heated and we're arguing. This culminates at the end of the day in the back of the band room with me shouting "I could beat you at any game ever!" and staring at him silently. We both knew that this was a mortal insult, and didn't speak for about a week afterward. We never discussed it so I don't know if he remembers, but I would bet he does. I still think about it with regret.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arch Nemesis posted:

Have a very good friend who at one point invited me over to try Halo CE a while after it had come out. First time I'd played anything like it except a little Perfect Dark, so I was pretty clueless, and it was just him going up on the canyon walls in Blood Gulch and sniping me repeatedly while I tried in vain to shoot him with my plasma pistol. Left a bitter taste in my mouth.

Anyway we're at school the following week and he's sort of giving me a hard time about this, and I get heated and we're arguing. This culminates at the end of the day in the back of the band room with me shouting "I could beat you at any game ever!" and staring at him silently. We both knew that this was a mortal insult, and didn't speak for about a week afterward. We never discussed it so I don't know if he remembers, but I would bet he does. I still think about it with regret.

Lmao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arch Nemesis posted:

lmao

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

my morning jackass posted:

my sister wanted the sims, but I told my mom that you made the sims have sex so she wouldn’t get her it and I could keep the computer gaming to myself.

was loling about this again today. me and my little sister would wage war for the desktop to the point she put a bunch of motrin in some orange juice and randomly gave it to me while I was playing on it (suspicious as gently caress!!)

it was the chewable purple childrens motrin so it made the orange juice a horrible murky swamp color

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

I wanted to play some secret agent themed games for an old game creation system but there weren't many of them. My solution: Make a burner account on a forum to announce a contest offering a prize to whoever made the best game and then never awarding it and just playing the games people made.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Social Media posted:

I wanted to play some secret agent themed games for an old game creation system but there weren't many of them. My solution: Make a burner account on a forum to announce a contest offering a prize to whoever made the best game and then never awarding it and just playing the games people made.

lol christ

Mock Turtle
Jul 19, 2022

Social Media posted:

lol a classic strat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Social Media posted:

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Social Media posted:

Lmao

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Social Media posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Social Media posted:

lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Welcome to the first ever uhhhhhhh Keyboard Beer Can Game Jam. The theme is Secret Agent and the prize is uh, a million dollars why the gently caress not.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Social Media posted:

That’s just being smart

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Social Media posted:

Lol brutal

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Social Media posted:

lmao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Social Media posted:

lmao

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Used to play secret of mana with a neighbor of mine. We played it through a dozen times, and one day while grinding the final dungeon we found an upgrade orb for the spear bringing it up to level 9, the only weapon that high. We immediately left and saved. When we went back to play it the file was overwritten. What's weird was that the spear was his weapon of choice, so I assume he tried to play it and accidentally saved over it. I dunno. :shrug:

I was super jealous of his better weapon so I never pressed him on it.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Arch Nemesis posted:

lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
ive never 1cc'd a shmup

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
and i never will :getin:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Social Media posted:

drat, that's brutal - I hope people weren't too pissed! I've gotta wonder how anyone was fooled by it, though. Like, someone reg'd an account the same day and has no other posts? And they're advertising a contest with a prize? Sure why not, that checks out! :D

Also, were the games any good? I assume they were quick Game Maker ones, which were probably fairly low-effort. You should've just played Elevator Action on an emulator, IMO

EDIT: Speaking of Game Maker, have any of you made any games? I made a fairly basic shmup like that old 1942 plane game, called "Plane Fodder". Had a high score page and everything! It wasn't as fleshed out as I'd like it to be, but given it flwas for a school assignment I had somewhat limited time for it. It was everyone's favourite though, at least

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 4, 2023

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

drat, that's brutal - I hope people weren't too pissed! I've gotta wonder how anyone was fooled by it, though. Like, someone reg'd an account the same day and has no other posts? And they're advertising a contest with a prize? Sure why not, that checks out! :D

Also, were the games any good? I assume they were quick Game Maker ones, which were probably fairly low-effort. You should've just played Elevator Action on an emulator, IMO

EDIT: Speaking of Game Maker, have any of you made any games? I made a fairly basic shmup like that old 1942 plane game, called "Plane Fodder". Had a high score page and everything! It wasn't as fleshed out as I'd like it to be, but given it flwas for a school assignment I had somewhat limited time for it. It was everyone's favourite though, at least

This was in the late 90s for a much simpler framework. As for how they fell for it, I was about 10 at the time and the average age of the creators probably wasn't much higher, so there you go.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

yes, and it's thread appropriate because they were godawful unfinished RPG Maker games that no one but me ever played

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Oh yeah, the confession bit: I used the Battlefield 1942 theme as the background music for my game. No big deal I know, but drat, BF1942 was such a good game! The music was too good to pass up on, but I couldn't help but feel dirty for doing it. BF1942 was the king of shooters and deserved better than that, haha :D

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Apr 4, 2023

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i was a klik n play/the games factory/Multimedia Fusion guy

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I was a ZZT/MegaZeux kid.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

womb with a view posted:

How much work is involved with a Morrowind companion mod? If you put in equal or less effort than making your crush marry you in the Sims you might still be in the clear conscience wise

That's probably a good comparison actually, it's probably about the same. I feel better now

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That's probably a good comparison actually, it's probably about the same. I feel better now

...the closet shrine that exists to this very day, on the other hand... :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Fungah! posted:

these are barely confessions. we want deep dark poo poo and lots of it

Unfortunately, most of my gamer confessions are really Sad Dweeb Confessions, and I'm not sure I can top the one with the small cake

I guess there was the time that a friend and I were excitedly discussing the KoL dungeon Hobopolis on a bus until another friend was like "dude, you guys are talking about killing hobos on public transportation, knock it off"