Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rinkles posted:

Pretty neat

Should have Flash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kashuno posted:

this card is insane and could singlehandedly make knights the best archetype.

not in standard, thank god, at least with the current suite of knights available. soldiers have better support at 1 mana, and they get better interference against other decks via thalia and brutal cathar. i guess it'll depend on the commons/uncommons that haven't been shown yet for MOM

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Kashuno posted:

horsemanship lets goooo

It's beautiful

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Seed of hope looks cool but it seems like one of those cards that you play with and it wiffs too often and/or its milling ability is too weak.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Meeting of Minds is gonna get something banned from pauper affinity and/or delver/fairies lmao

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
hell yeah companions are in the multiverse legends slot Lurrus and Yorion are back baby

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

Seed of hope looks cool but it seems like one of those cards that you play with and it wiffs too often and/or its milling ability is too weak.

It’s a great mid-level design because it creates its own tension with deck construction.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Kashuno posted:

hell yeah companions are in the multiverse legends slot Lurrus and Yorion are back baby

Companions are really fun to play with in Limited and they have the updated Companion oracle text on them. Everyone wins all around.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

AngryBooch posted:

Companions are really fun to play with in Limited and they have the updated Companion oracle text on them. Everyone wins all around.

I am going try and build a Yorion battle blink deck even if it's horrible to reset battles I am gonna do it.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

JFC the Aftermath mini set spoilers have started before the set is even fully spoiled:

Welcome to literally endless spoiler season

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Kashuno posted:

horsemanship lets goooo

Shame this is rare and not legendary, would've been a dope pauper commander if it were uncommon. I put my Sun Quan deck on hold because he's too much mana to get out and hope to protect, this definitely going in the 99 though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are there going to be Aftermath limited events?

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

its not meant to be draftable iirc

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

I feel like "reveal top 3, choose a creature, bin the rest" has cost G at sorcery before.
Is 1 less card worth a less restrictive selection and instant speed? I say yes and think this will see play outside of limited.

It's almost Oath of Nissa.

Was looking for a way to get more than 2 with this, but the only card i can find is Bruvec which hits opponents. So at worst this is commander Anti-Bruvec tech I guess.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

If you cast this dude for X=0, it's 1 mana for 4 permanents

Edit: wait gently caress I had it backwards, nevermind

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

JFC the Aftermath mini set spoilers have started before the set is even fully spoiled:

Welcome to literally endless spoiler season

That art is lovely at least.

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit
Peter Cottontail is enjoying the round Phyrexia-symbol roots that herald the invasion, lol.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

It's no displacer kitten, but that fungus rabbit is still pretty fun flavorwise.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Need more compleated Rabid Wombats

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

there's a bunch of new battle with new universes but only the frontside has been shown.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Oooh, I like this.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Strong Sauce posted:

there's a bunch of new battle with new universes but only the frontside has been shown.

Post these? I don't see them on my usual spoiler place (Reddit).

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

snyprmag posted:

Did the Preators 'grow' from a small amount of oil on Mirrodin? If so the phyrexians could lose the initial invasion but potentially always be a dormant threat on any plain.
https://mobile.twitter.com/jay13x/status/1614758482565107714?s=20&t=vFaV1-9tW5BiPh7cswNbuQ

So yeah presumably if the oil ever starts taking over another plane a new batch of newts could grow up into more praetors. Mirrodin was the actual perfect breeding ground for Phyrexia though and they were able to just chill in the hollow core while spreading the infection through the Mycosynth.

On any other plane they would have a much harder time and without the influence of the five suns they might not spread out into all five colors either. Though judging from all the infighting in New Phyrexia that would be an advantage lol

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

edit: posted so hard it went through a second time

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

LifeLynx posted:

Post these? I don't see them on my usual spoiler place (Reddit).

sorry they were planechase planes but this is a non plane planechase card

https://magic.wizards.com/en/news/announcements/march-of-the-machine-commander-decklists

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

instant speed sac spells are generally strong as hell, right? this seems strong as hell

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Venuz Patrol posted:

instant speed sac spells are generally strong as hell, right? this seems strong as hell

It's a functional reprint of village rites which was indeed, quite good, although rites had the advantage of being in formats with claim the firstborn and shambling ghast and not with Thalia.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Oh cool another efficient instant speed card draw spell for Sacrifice decks.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Venuz Patrol posted:

It is literally a rename of Village Rites, which was a staple in many formats. Now most people prefer to run Deadly Dispute instead.
In standard it might see play, but the sac deck is artefact focused right now. And it lacks payoffs more then it lacks sac outlets.

It will see play as a second copy of Village Rites in the singleton formats in pretty any deck that already runs it.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Strong Sauce posted:

sorry they were planechase planes but this is a non plane planechase card

phenomenons were in planechase 2012 so thats not a new thing, either :eng101:

Sylvian Wastes
Jan 3, 2022

by Hand Knit

I like how the vedalken has clearly carefully disassembled a few Gitaxian sentries to try and make a non-phyrexian version of one. And I think he's clearly trying out the hull form of an invasion ship as applied to his hoverbike.
Look right above the end of his trailing hair. That's a phyrexian invasion ship, and he's trying to figure out the aerodynamics mid-combat via his own bike.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

The Rabiah erasure is a shame, but hey, homelands got a shout out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Was kind of hoping theyd hit us a with a new plane and act like it was here all along

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I really like that MoM kinda feels like a core set in that we're visiting all sorts of planes, even really obscure ones.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Rabiah isn’t even a plane, it’s just a corporation just trying to make public domain poo poo into IP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Do we know who the Planeswalker cards are for the set besides Chandra and Elspeth? Because I'd still really like an Ajani card where he looks like this before they nope out on consequences.

Also, didn't bring it up before but I really like Dusk Legion Duelist for Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord decks in modern and pioneer, it's just a compelling curve to play Duelist on t2 and Sorin on t3 and drawing a card to then attack with a 3/3 with three keywords. The deck already tends to work off being aggressive whilst replacing a lot of the cards you play and this maybe pushes it to be Orzhov and perhaps play things like Adanto Vanguard, which also plays well with Sorin. Looking forward to testing the deck update with Mavren and Ghalta to cheat in as well.