Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Deki posted:

I thought he was the Hexblast evangelical?

Broken clock wrong many times a day (I say, planning my weird hit based hexblast ..elementalist???)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
when he finally got permabanned it was impressive watching every community he'd been around on SA coming out of the woodwork with their own entirely unique versions of why he was considered the dumbest motherfucker in their entire forum

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
I love that I can pop into the poe thread after not checking 2410 posts and still see chat about how fuckin weird Rutibex was.

Anyway I'm gonna league start absolution cause I've never done it and it's got a cool vaal version now. Hope I make it through red maps this time but idk I always get bored once I have to put more mental effort into my gear beyond "life and resists".

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Oh hey, the thread title got changed.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

InventorOfTrees posted:

it's more than fine to level with - you just run like 3 life flasks and pick up the life flask recharge cluster north of the ranger start, and you don't use lmp anymore.

it is probably the best poison pathfinder build to get to maps with if you are running any tree that can spec out of it at around level 80 for less than 15 points.

I'm planning on starting it, and both snoobae and ruetoo are starting it as well. It is absolutely a "I plan to spec out of this as soon as I can play my real build" situation, but it is still excellent for running acts/starting maps with dogshit gear.

In Snoo we trust! I would prefer a toxic rain start that transitions more easily into TS, but I'm sticking with my horse.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
his poison ts league starter build guide is one of the stupidest things i've ever seen. it will work fine for him because he plays 14 hours a day, but recommending it as a league starter to people is just criminal

he repeatedly refers to this gearlist as cheap and easy to get stuff at the start of the league

honestly even fyregrass's poison ts disaster build had a better series of intermediate steps to get people up and running.

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 4, 2023

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

who the hell is snoobae? new streamer?

InventorOfTrees
Dec 13, 2013

Noted Psycho Poster Panda Clue
He Dreams of Pancakes
And So Should You

Herstory Begins Now posted:

his poison ts league starter build guide is one of the stupidest things i've ever seen

mf haters get out

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
if he didn't call it cheap to gear in his video I would give him 95% less poo poo for it

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

Dude who farms 10+ mirror characters while sharing his strats whether they bomb or not. Helped discover that delirium has no affect on drop rates for strongbox monsters.
His speech pattern is a little annoying though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaEs030QOzU&t=352s

Herstory, might want to share the leveling / pinnacle boss slayer gear before the swap to TS if you are trying to make a point.
I am not saying this is going to be the BEST BUILD (all other builds are dumb), but this guy has a pretty good track record of understanding the economy and farming it.

DangerDongs fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Apr 4, 2023

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
I played Toxic Rain once in 3.4 when it was added, and I'm never playing that skill ever again because I just hate the playstyle. I'd rather play poison Scourge Arrow in tyool 2023, at least that's kinda fun.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

when he finally got permabanned it was impressive watching every community he'd been around on SA coming out of the woodwork with their own entirely unique versions of why he was considered the dumbest motherfucker in their entire forum

Lmao yes. He has a standing invitation to come back any time.

Awesome! posted:

Yeah, he came onto the scene right around Sanctum or the one behind that. Whatever the archnem loot goblin meta was out. Really good. He's an English teacher abroad, that's how he has so much time for POE.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I also played TR one league and I am not a fan of the playstyle. And that's coming from someone who's played some of the other weird playstyles like EA ballista.

J
Jun 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1643356941434130438

The gems don't even have to be socketed in the pledge of hands. :aaa:

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Benson Cunningham posted:

When they originally redid animate weapon I tried to league start it and it was so bad I almost quit the league 4 hours in.

my friend's first playthrough of PoE was with some animate weapon build he found and it totally turned him off of the game permanently.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

J posted:

Unless these nodes are so rare that they instantly turn the unique into a 50+ div item, there's gonna be lots of insanely busted poo poo this league

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Also only other thing to point out on the Snoo build is that from what little we've seen of the league mechanic so far, it's looking like it may not be very friendly to delete-or-be-deleted builds. And he goes over it in his vid that the build is made of paper. This won't matter to Snoo as he's hyper-optimized it for the specific content he's gonna focus on, but I'd say it's a risky pick if you at all care about interacting with the league mechanic early. Could work out, or could be like Ultimatum where you get splattered constantly.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

champ or inquis something is usually a good pick for being mega sturdy for stand in the ring mechanics

I wonder how cyclone is these days

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Also only other thing to point out on the Snoo build is that from what little we've seen of the league mechanic so far, it's looking like it may not be very friendly to delete-or-be-deleted builds. And he goes over it in his vid that the build is made of paper. This won't matter to Snoo as he's hyper-optimized it for the specific content he's gonna focus on, but I'd say it's a risky pick if you at all care about interacting with the league mechanic early. Could work out, or could be like Ultimatum where you get splattered constantly.

the actual league starter there is just poisonous concoction, which better be in a good state or else farming up all the gear for the ts MF switch is going to be a serious undertaking

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

This is a valid point. The TS portion is very momentum based using Soul Eater.
I am also thinking of Trickster Frost Blades. How does FB clear generally compare to something like Toxic Rain?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003

victrix posted:

champ or inquis something is usually a good pick for being mega sturdy for stand in the ring mechanics

I wonder how cyclone is these days

rf jugg will be afking crucible encounters after the first week. it's seriously going to be one of the tankiest builds that has ever been in meta

Herstory Begins Now fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Apr 4, 2023

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm concerned about that tbh. I'm eyeing trickster for cold dot over elementalist because of this.

Thinking back to ultimatum, if this is like it, a ton of people were getting deleted that first weekend.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

I am also thinking of Trickster Frost Blades. How does FB clear generally compare to something like Toxic Rain?

Been a while since I've done TR, but FB has projectiles that can hit poo poo offscreen causing a HoI explosion to nuke the rest of the mob without any sort of delay, so...

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

InventorOfTrees posted:

What makes it so bad? Will the AI changes in the patch notes potentially have any effect?

They suffer from some of the same problems other minion builds do (minion AI, minions are squishy without investment and gem levels), whilst also being a two-button skill that takes a little bit (we're talking up to 10 seconds here) to get going each time (in the same vein as something like blade vortex). Other issues include being personally squishy (not to the extent of say an Abyssus Berserker, but you definitely feel it), being reliant on gem levels and thus not able to push reds/bosses as soon as other builds, dying to a boss at all being incredibly awkward since you're kind of squishy without all the animated weapons to distract the boss, having to deal with Raise Spectre and Animate Guardian, needing a Unset Ring for Despair, and the usual 'oh god Minion builds use SO MANY skills' problem.

Some of the clunk is overblown (you don't need to summon max minions at the start of a map, for instance, you can just summon a few to start then summon more as you go and their duration is so long you'll at most only need to resummon your army once per map most of the time), it's an incredibly cheap build (because nobody fuckin plays it), and if you have a broken brain like me it can be more fun than, say, SRS. But it's definitely not a build for everyone. Might be work respecing one of your abandoned characters on standard and running them through white maps to see if the playstyle's for you or not if you are interested.

Unless these nodes are so rare that they instantly turn the unique into a 50+ div item, there's gonna be lots of insanely busted poo poo this league

When's the last time GGG hyped up something that wasn't 50+ divs? Even for high-power leagues, anything they hype up on social media should always be considered an ultra-rare chase item until proven otherwise.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003

rf jugg will be afking crucible encounters after the first week. it's seriously going to be one of the tankiest builds that has ever been in meta

thematic too. Jugg probably feels at home in the lava forge thingy

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

FB clear will prob feel much better compared to TR considering the delayed nature of TR (even more delayed if you go the ballistas route).

That said, TR will probably struggle less with bosses early on. All things else being equal, I'd lean more towards FB if mapping is my focus and TR if I wanted to boss.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the help goons.
I'll toy around with FB Trickster this league for sure. Can always go into Elemental TS later to make sweet sweet cash.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

J posted:

Builds are gonna get so cool and unique this league. Dunno what to start as

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

nexous posted:

Builds are gonna get so cool and unique this league.

gonna be absolutely wild, going to spend my entire league throwing Marohi Erqis into the Crucible until I get the most elite Poison Earthquake weapon known to man

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Zotix posted:

I'm concerned about that tbh. I'm eyeing trickster for cold dot over elementalist because of this.

Thinking back to ultimatum, if this is like it, a ton of people were getting deleted that first weekend.

iirc on the reveal they were saying the crucible scales health (or maybe DR) and damage quite substantially - to the point where a "max charge" should almost be impossible to all but the strongest of builds

It doesn't look like there's an arena like Ultimatum, so kiting may be an option, but that's still really risky for a glass cannon build depending on whether these monsters scale stuff like movespeed or projectiles too.

OTOH, it would seem that you can reveal a weapon's full tree on the very first crucible it's thrown in, regardless of charge. This would at least give zoomy/squishy builds one way to get some value out of it by fishing for good base trees. It just may be tough to level your own stuff (towards good nodes or money nodes) if the experience gain is heavily dependent on crucible charge.

Traitorous Leopard fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Apr 4, 2023

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

For some reason I want to play this league with one of the elemental bow skills since I don't think I've ever touched them. Are any of them absolutely dead skills?

Meeko
Sep 15, 2017

That's right! I'm the counting sheep, Meeko. And I'm a proper sheep youkai!

also DO NOT level with Animate Weapon, due to how it scales with both max # of blades and minion damage it's absolutely loving rear end at lower gem levels, both in damage output and feel. just use Absolution or something instead until like, mid 60s.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

nexous posted:

Builds are gonna get so cool and unique this league. Dunno what to start as

it's time

to cleave

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Meeko posted:

also DO NOT level with Animate Weapon, due to how it scales with both max # of blades and minion damage it's absolutely loving rear end at lower gem levels, both in damage output and feel. just use Absolution or something instead until like, mid 60s.

Better yet, just play Absolution. Getting the Vaal version is big.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
wtf big patch, is the new league today? I thought it'd be Thursday or Friday

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

HopperUK posted:

wtf big patch, is the new league today? I thought it'd be Thursday or Friday

No, it's definitely Friday.

The patch that just came out a few minutes ago is the end-of-the-league/prepping-for-next-league one. The size is probably due to this line:

quote:

After this patch, local cached assets will be cleaned up upon launching the client, in preparation of the upcoming league launch.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

whypick1 posted:

No, it's definitely Friday.

The patch that just came out a few minutes ago is the end-of-the-league/prepping-for-next-league one. The size is probably due to this line:

Ohhhh thanks. I have some kind of weird faery curse where I only really feel like playing PoE for the three or four days before the league starts. PLS.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1643372874349297664

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
The only time I can remember stunning affecting me ever was when I was in a lvl 30 simulacrum and i got chained stunned for 2 minutes but couldn't die so I just quit out the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Also, something I missed:

https://twitter.com/bexsayswords/status/1643356160446324737