Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Humble Choice April 2023:
Death Stranding directors cut
Aliens: Fireteam Elite
Rollerdrome
Life is Strange 2
The life and suffering of Sir Brante
Monster Prom 2
Revita
Founder's Fortune

$11.99

If you have OG Death Stranding you'll need to ask to steam to remove it from your account, redeem the directors cut code, and then ask steam to put back the OG version. If you try to redeem it with og in your library you'll get an error.

https://www.humblebundle.com/membership/home?hmb_source=navbar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

deep dish peat moss posted:

All I really want out of the jedi game is something more exciting than cosmetics to find when exploring

Not only that, but like three quarters of the cosmetics were just different lightsabre grip parts. You know, those parts that you don't see cause your guy is holding them in his hands.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.
i Already have the Game life is sTrAnge 2:

2xKP3-A5ZJx-xxGCD

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i got the base version of death stranding for free from epic. is the directors cut worth shelling out for?

the only other thing i would care about in there is revita so kind of meh for me.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
That is a solid bundle month for me, not gonna be skipping. I've had half of that on my wishlist for ages.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

yegods posted:

i Already have the Game life is sTrAnge 2:

2xKP3-A5ZJx-xxGCD

Thank you very much!

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Awesome! posted:

i got the base version of death stranding for free from epic. is the directors cut worth shelling out for?

the only other thing i would care about in there is revita so kind of meh for me.

The Director's Cut gives you more options to play around with. Otherwise it's essentially the same game. I think they patched out monster energy drink from the director's cut.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How can I make sure the version of Control I have is the right one ?

Can I go by file size or something ?

Estel
May 4, 2010

Awesome! posted:

Lord Lambeth posted:

The Director's Cut gives you more options to play around with. Otherwise it's essentially the same game. I think they patched out monster energy drink from the director's cut.

The director's cut adds enough things to the game to make the base version obsolete. From new graphical options to new combat abilities, equippable items, new structures, a new vehicle, a race track, a firing range and some more things I don't remember right now.
If someone liked Death Stranding the director's cut really improves the base game.

The only thing "worse" to some people is that it gives you a weapon earlier than the base game making it easier. The truth is that the game was never difficult so it doesn't really matter.

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!
That is the first bundle in a long time that I'd call good without reservations.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Estel posted:

The director's cut adds enough things to the game to make the base version obsolete. From new graphical options to new combat abilities, equippable items, new structures, a new vehicle, a race track, a firing range and some more things I don't remember right now.
If someone liked Death Stranding the director's cut really improves the base game.

The only thing "worse" to some people is that it gives you a weapon earlier than the base game making it easier. The truth is that the game was never difficult so it doesn't really matter.

Is the race track any good? Driving physics were fine for doing deliveries when I played the original version but didn't seem conducive to racing at all.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

deep dish peat moss posted:

All I really want out of the jedi game is something more exciting than cosmetics to find when exploring

i think they confirmed there's going to be optional skills you can find

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

There's no catch with Humble Choice right? Death Stranding, Aliens Fireteam and Rollerdrome for 11 bux seems like a killer deal, but I'd probably just want to cancel right after cause I don't need a monthly service with more games.

Edit: also anyone interested in splitting the current horror bundle? I am mostly interested in mortuary assistant.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 4, 2023

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

you can cancel immediately and its fine

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
The catch is they hope you forget to cancel, so that's as innocuous as you feel it is.

Humble is a pretty above-the-board site, those keys are real, etc.

Estel
May 4, 2010

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Is the race track any good? Driving physics were fine for doing deliveries when I played the original version but didn't seem conducive to racing at all.

If you think the driving physics were fine then yes, it's fun. You can boost and drift and the 2 roadsters you unlock in the races are fun to drive.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk7Zbzd-6fs
Cyberpunk is getting super raytracing, to mixed results imo. The thing about fully realistic lighting is that it loses that cinematic quality.

yegods
Apr 6, 2007

Cerebus can destroy ANYTHING. Cerebus is the POPE.

Serephina posted:

The catch is they hope you forget to cancel, so that's as innocuous as you feel it is.

Humble is a pretty above-the-board site, those keys are real, etc.

Mostly above-board... except I've had them "accidentally" charge my credit card after I skipped a month, several times.

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

Estel posted:

If you think the driving physics were fine then yes, it's fun. You can boost and drift and the 2 roadsters you unlock in the races are fun to drive.
I didn't particularly care for the race track, but it's nice you only need to do the four roadster races to unlock it and that takes like 20 minutes.

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
Rollerdrome is quite good, I was surprised by that game.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The new Jedi game might have better level design but it does have fast travel now so even if its the same you don't have to run back through whole levels. There are also more exciting collectibles besides just ponchos, cosmetic stuff still but also passive perks and space coins to buy songs for the jukebox in your home base.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Can't wait to listen to all that Jizz.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Played that Wildermyth with a friend tonight via remote play together; it has both players sharing all input at the same time unlike the normal MP coop that lets you assign players to characters. With friends this is not really an issue because you can just say 'you control these people and I'll control these people' and try not to hijack the mouse but figured I'd mention it since I asked about it the other day itt. Wildermyth loving rules, I need to play more Wildermyth. It's fantastic with friends too, like playing a D&D campaign together. I haven't played since release either and I know there's been a lot of updates since then.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Wiltsghost posted:

Can't wait to listen to all that Jizz.

Hell yeah

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I wish I had less of this humble monthly because it's really solid. Revita is one of the best 2d platformer roguelites I've played (much prefer it to Neon Abyss) and it's got a big update on the way also. Founder's Fortune is the kind of fiddly indie city builder where I feel kind of like it was made just for my weird tastes. The whole Monster Prom series is a lot of good fun as well.

I'll probably get it still for Rollerdrome and the complete Life is Strange 2, mind...

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

lmao nice

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

new screenshots from Infinite Mana, a game compared to Crystal Project (they were in development simultaneously and the Crystal Project dev has rec'd the demo in the past), aiming for May 2024 release

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i would also compare it to crystal thingy. contrast, i dunno.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I don't want to write it off bc Respawn is a great dev but the combat in Fallen Order (and what little I've seen of the new one) just feels so joyless...Like it's flashy and technically competent but I just feel almost nothing playing it compared to a great action game.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

The 7th Guest posted:

new screenshots from Infinite Mana, a game compared to Crystal Project (they were in development simultaneously and the Crystal Project dev has rec'd the demo in the past), aiming for May 2024 release

i wish it had art direction for the buildings and well, battle.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

fit em all up in there posted:

How can I make sure the version of Control I have is the right one ?

Can I go by file size or something ?

Did you get it from a Humble monthly like two years ago? I'm pretty sure that's the only time there was that fuckery with the not actually the ultimate edition crap. (Excepting that Humble and Epic both still sell the base game labeled as such.)

If you got it from the more recent Female Protagonists bundle you should be fine, that was the legit ultimate edition. Looking at the Steam forums, file size should be 42~ gigs (weirdly enough standard edition, possibly give or take the DLC is 49~).

Minotaurus Rex
Feb 25, 2007

if this accounts a rockin'
don't come a knockin'
Stumbled across a game called Hieronymus Bosch’s Brutal Orchestra on the front page yesterday and it looks extremely my kind of thing

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

PantsBandit posted:

I don't want to write it off bc Respawn is a great dev but the combat in Fallen Order (and what little I've seen of the new one) just feels so joyless...Like it's flashy and technically competent but I just feel almost nothing playing it compared to a great action game.

Really? What about it didn't click for you? The lack of heft in the saber? You didn't get a kick out of deflecting blaster bolts in and of themselves, or in the middle of a combo?

(I agree that the story felt chopped up. Especially the subplot about the gambling crime syndicate and the abrupt ending.)

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Stumbled across a game called Hieronymus Bosch’s Brutal Orchestra on the front page yesterday and it looks extremely my kind of thing

It's great. I picked it up during the winter sale and got completely hooked. The turn-based combat which basically is the game is very very good, and it sits on top of the deliciously weird graphics and plot and some great music which occasionally merges with the combat by adding/removing instruments to the track as musical instrument looking enemies appear/die.

But really, beyond the presentation which is a big part of the appeal, I can't overstate how clever the turn-based combat is. It looks pretty straightforward at first, but quickly ramps up and late-game has you thinking up each turn really carefully. That's despite the fact that each character can only use one ability and do one movement each turn, and you can generally see what monsters are going to do on their turn and in what order. Since some monster abilities can be devastating, you'll think hard about how to mitigate the risks, or who to sacrifice if there's no escape.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

explosivo posted:

Played that Wildermyth with a friend tonight via remote play together; it has both players sharing all input at the same time unlike the normal MP coop that lets you assign players to characters. With friends this is not really an issue because you can just say 'you control these people and I'll control these people' and try not to hijack the mouse but figured I'd mention it since I asked about it the other day itt. Wildermyth loving rules, I need to play more Wildermyth. It's fantastic with friends too, like playing a D&D campaign together. I haven't played since release either and I know there's been a lot of updates since then.

Right on! They added a new campaign on top of some bits and QoL. It is also going to get its first DLC later in the year. Just saying so this isn't an empty quote.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Wildermyth is really cool.
I'm a big fan of the procedural story mechanic for the same reason why I'm a fan of the nemesis system.
Also it has a really unique magic system. I've never seen anything like it before.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

yegods posted:

Mostly above-board... except I've had them "accidentally" charge my credit card after I skipped a month, several times.

This isn't above board at all. Did they at least refund?

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

PantsBandit posted:

I didn’t find it joyless but I did find it… floaty or loose? Like I never got parrying down right. Maybe I’m just bad. I did like the game overall and I’m excited for the sequel

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

ZearothK posted:

Right on! They added a new campaign on top of some bits and QoL. It is also going to get its first DLC later in the year. Just saying so this isn't an empty quote.

I saw that! Looks like more armor and skins which is always welcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

John Murdoch posted:

Did you get it from a Humble monthly like two years ago? I'm pretty sure that's the only time there was that fuckery with the not actually the ultimate edition crap. (Excepting that Humble and Epic both still sell the base game labeled as such.)

If you got it from the more recent Female Protagonists bundle you should be fine, that was the legit ultimate edition. Looking at the Steam forums, file size should be 42~ gigs (weirdly enough standard edition, possibly give or take the DLC is 49~).

Thanks. It is the right version. :)