Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Rolling fork was hit by tornados, not guns.

My bad, I got my horrible things mixed up. Guess I'm qualified to be prez :cool:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

lmao- it's also a reference to a Russian propagandist who was just assassinated with a bomb hidden in a bust being given to him as a gift.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Discendo Vox posted:

lmao- it's also a reference to a Russian propagandist who was just assassinated with a bomb hidden in a bust being given to him as a gift.

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks.

Darya Trepova: Woman held over bomb hidden in bust that killed Russian blogger

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Skios posted:

Telegraph:

Kellies Nomination - Worst Two Things Happened

e: Oh my other comment got erased. Whoops.

Just wanted to say that even the Fox News Radio announcer initially said "Rolling Rock" in his report before correcting himself to Rolling Fork.

Almost as if there's other things that start with "rolling" that the brain just kinda shortcuts to regardless of mental acuity.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Apr 4, 2023

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

some kinda jackal posted:

Agree -- so many shootings that it's hard to keep the names straight anymore.
and after biden went through all that trouble to print that sign :(

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

I didn't realize the Telegraph now employs Kelly! Look how his art has improved!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

Why would evie do this :ohdear:

Really not a fan of political cartoonists using their medium to spoil videogames as well

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

HootTheOwl posted:

Something tells me Donald will have no problem finding a jury of his peers. Like there's a shortage of rich assholes in New York.
Pretty much the second the news came down, Tucker Carlson had a guest on solely to say "yes I agree, it will be impossible for Trump to get a fair jury" and made some jab about how in New York people poo poo in the street.
They know he's probably hosed so before anything has even happened they're already trying to paint the jury as a bunch of biased commies so that if he gets convicted they'll already have primed everyone to believe it could never have been a fair trial. And if he's found not guilty, they can shout even louder about how oh look, even those loony lefties couldn't deny his innocence!

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN

quote:

TRANSITIONING INTO VIOLENCE

Another school shooting has occurred and this time it was carried out by a ‘trans’ person.

Apparently this person had a lot of anger about how trans people have been treated including many using her ‘dead’ name. The anger may have combined with hormone treatments, which might have led to mental illness. After all, what sane person can execute children?

Lately there has been pushback against the trans nonsense. A woman simply can’t be a man or vice versa. They can pretend to be transitioning, but they never arrive. It’s never complete because it’s impossible. It can only end in sexual mutilation and all too often after that in suicide. Still, we have the trans movement drummed into our head daily—along with climate change, which is complete bunk. Worse, Marxist educators are grooming kids and persuading them that they are really the opposite sex. Sexual mutilation of children is therefore considered a ‘right’ to some of these crazy people. This is an abomination.

The pushback is apparently angering the trans ‘community’ and they are lashing out to keep their delusion going. For some reason they want all US citizens applauding and endorsing their delusion or we are called bigots and haters. They want demonic pedophiles in libraries and classrooms for ’trans story hour.’ It’s sick.

“Trans Rights Or Else” Looks like we found out what the “Or Else” means…

Christians in particular are targeted by the communist trans establishment and it all plays into Joe Biden’s fiendish hands. After joking about ice cream, the mendacious boob launched into his predictable monologue about seizing guns. Communists do not want the people to have them.

Joe could not wait even a single day before making the murders political.

He’s also wrong. Guns do not pull their own triggers. People do. People are evil, not guns.

Our government has become a power-mad swamp that continues to grow. The Swamp may consider guns to be evil, but that’s not entirely true. They simply want a monopoly on guns. They want more powerful and control while they want the rest of us to be broke, powerless serfs who are forced to live in pods and eat bugs.

Our sympathy goes out to the victims and families of such a wicked crime, but what occurred was not due to the of the lack of gun control. It was the lack of mental illness detection as well as a school that left doors wide open for the assailant. It’s time to keep all schools locked down. Hire a trained and competent security guard to monitor the grounds.

That’s what Biden should be pushing, but he won’t even secure our southern border.

quote:

THERE IS NO FREE PRESS WITHOUT A FREE JULIAN ASSANGE

Special Guest Post

In this epic political cartoon, Elon Musk takes on a daring mission to break into the stronghold of the deep state. Armed with his wit and determination, he sneaks into the dungeon where the freedom of speech Twitter bird is being held captive. With a quick strike, he sets the bird free, symbolizing the restoration of free speech.

As Elon continues his mission, he encounters Robert F. Kennedy Jr. who calls upon him to help free the Freedom of the Press bird, represented by Julian Assange. Together, they embark on a heart-pumping and adrenaline-fueled journey to save the publisher who only published leaks that exposed government crimes. With each step of this daring operation, the message is clear:

There can be no America without freedom of the press, and there can be no free press without a free Julian Assange.

This excellent political cartoon is a call to arms for all us who value the power of free speech and the importance of a free press in a democratic society. The cartoon highlights the importance of a free press and the need to free Julian Assange so that the people’s voices can truly be restored and they can all find their way back to the promise land that America stands for, symbolized by the Emerald City waiting for them just outside the deep state dungeon doors.

quote:

Guilty Until Proven Innocent- Trump Indictment”

The Marxist Democrat Deep State Swamp Party along with their RINO Republican Uniparty allies, are determined to keep Donald Trump from running again. They’ve already weaponized justice when the FBI blatantly turned partisan for the Democrats.

They trampled their own rules of justice to get at Trump. Hillary paid for a fake dossier to help prosecute Trump with her ‘Russia Russia Russia!’ bundle of lies that cost our country nearly 45 million dollars to refute as bunk. Hillary should be arrested for that alone, but the Democrat Swamp Party is immune to any prosecution. Hunter Biden is a prime example.

Still, for those resisting the Swamp, seemingly serious crimes can be drummed up out of nothing. As long as the Democrat-controlled courts participate and ignore all exculpatory evidence, it spells doom for their targets.

We all know there is no evidence supporting a case against Trump, but he’ll get arrested anyway. Like the impeachment campaigns against him, facts don’t matter. Only anti-Trump lies and rhetoric matter. The problem is Trump could very well get convicted in a New York court because most of them are heavily biased against Trump. He will certainly not receive equal justice in that state. Remember, the Democrat Marxists stole a presidential election outright. Do you think they will won’t sentence Trump to prison based on a legal mirage? It can certainly happen.

Meanwhile, all the ‘orange man bad’ anti-Trumpers are cheering and drinking mimosas. Their irrational hatred for the man drives them to disregard the travesty that has happened. That is, our judicial system has been politicized and weaponized similar to any third world banana republic.

We’ll now have kangaroo courts and show trials similar to the Stalin era. Heck, we already have them considering how the January 6th protestors were cast into Pelosi’s dungeon-like gulags without any due process. There was never any push back or consequence for that when it was proved that the Marxist Democrat’s subsidiary, the FBI, helped smash windows and open doors at the Capitol to trap the protestors. They got away with it, of course, so naturally they are emboldened and will continue to employ a corrupted justice system to get Trump.

Over and over the leftist politicians and their propaganda media bark at us and say, “Nobody is above the law.” We already know this is untrue. Those allied with the Swamp get a free pass.

Hunter committed felonies, but he runs free. The entire Biden family is compromised, but there’s no investigation. Top officials in the FBI can lie to Congress and nothing happens. Hillary can engage in pay-for-play and destroy evidence and nothing happens. Fauci can enrich himself by killing millions of human beings and nothing happens. Trillions of dollars can go missing at the Pentagon and nothing happens. Something does happen to real journalists who blow their whistles on such corruption, though. They get harassed, murdered, or locked up.

Julian Assange is the prime example.

Trump will be arrested and get his mug shot. He will be tried in a kangaroo court and convicted. Higher courts that are controlled by the globalist powers will not overturn the decision. Will Trump be sent to jail? Don’t be surprised. Will that spark a great pushback or even a civil war from his supporters? Probably not. Our country has already been conquered and all we do is complain.

It’s time to stop complaining and take action. This is a threat to the American people. We are fed up. We, the people, have to save our country.

quote:

THE CROWBAR AND THE CLAMSHELL

Big Government Security Agencies Are More Tight Lipped Than A Clamshell

I often receive the complaint that my cartoons are too negative and pessimistic. I’m asked to draw things that are ‘more positive.’ I find this to be a difficult task considering we now live in an era of relentless attacks by globalists, ‘woke’ Marxists, and the Deep State Swamp Uniparty government.

Big government includes ‘security’ agencies that serve the Deep State Swamp as well as globalists such as Klaus Schwab and Bill Gates. The security agencies’ main job is to make their masters more secure while they make the American public less secure. Agencies such as the NSA can illegally track your phone calls and email. They are able to know everything about you. The FBI can falsify documents, use ‘plants’ at events such as the January 6 protest at the Capitol, where protestors are tracked, traced, and jailed. The CIA can operate using all kinds of dirty tricks that violate our Bill of Rights. The 4th Amendment is all but dead.

The 1st Amendment is going away. Notice how a Trump supporter was convicted for using an anti-Hillary meme. It was a direct assault on our free speech. He was convicted and may face 10 years in the slammer. Those Jan. 6 protestors also using their 1st Amendment were railroaded into gulags without due process. More will follow.

Big government forces are able to put citizens under their microscopes, but can we find out what they are up to? Well, yes. Sometimes. That’s the good news. The Freedom of Information Act has been amended since it was enacted in 1967, but it still allows us to legally force government into revealing information they’d prefer to keep hidden. As far as the security agencies, critical information can often be withheld by using the exemptions to the FOIA. The most notorious of these is their cry, “National security!” It’s just one of the reasons these agencies should be broken up like so many clam shells.

When those agencies are forced to reveal something, the documents are predictably heavily redacted. Pages with a few words and a spate of black bars covering up key info. As big government grows endlessly bigger, look for this problem to worsen. Then the solution will depend more heavily on whistleblowers and we know what happens to them. They are harassed, locked up, or even murdered. Edward Snowden is a heroic and patriotic whistleblower, but he was forced to leave the country under threat of death. His crime? He revealed how the security agencies were illegally spying on us all. He should be pardoned immediately and receive a medal for what he did.

Likewise, Julian Assange should also be freed.

He’s a real journalist who did something very similar to what the NY Times and Washington Post did during their release of the “Pentagon Papers.” They received Pulitzer Prizes for revealing the government’s dirty secrets. Assange should also get the Prize. Instead, he’s received a permanent prison sentence because he embarrassed the Swamp in a presidential election year.

I guess this post isn’t as optimistic as I intended. I apologize—I’m a natural pessimist. Our rights are being trampled upon with greater ferocity and at the end it looks like we’ll have only one left—The 2nd Amendment. We may as well use it before being sent off to government concentration camps that are probably on the way for those accused of disseminating facts.

Our banana republic tyrants will label truth as ‘misinformation.’

quote:

LET THE BANANA REPUBLIC MOCKERY OF JUSTICE BEGIN!

President Trump is expected to be arraigned in court today. The 34-count felony indictment will be revealed. Trump will plead not guilty. Will he, like Roger Stone, receive a gag order? Will there be a trial and will it be televised? One thing for sure, the Marxist Democrats out to get Trump would like to see a grand spectacle where exculpatory evidence is suppressed while the Soros prosecutor—Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg—exaggerates manufactured evidence that he has stitched together like a Frankenstein monster.

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg claims he has a solid case against Trump. In reality, his case is made up of banana republic political prosecution. This mockery of justice has not gone unnoticed by the American people. Current polls show that President Trump has his biggest lead in the Presidential race in the GOP.

The corporate propaganda media will be sure to say the word ‘historic’ countless more times. They use that word in the hopes that it will somehow add legitimacy to the prosecution’s case. In reality, Bragg has no case. There never was a case. Still, Bragg ran for his position on the promise of ‘getting Trump.’ That alone should have barred him from office. Prosecutors are supposed to gather evidence of crimes and present cases to court based on the evidence only. They are not supposed to invent evidence. Bragg is the one who should be prosecuted.

Expect the show trial to increase Trump’s popularity, but the danger is they will railroad him by means of a guilty verdict no matter what. Trump’s attorney’s should request a change of venue. New York City is completely corrupt.

Cankles.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/1643360996612796417?t=Kqw6_g-g1YuGBIEwAcOkXg&s=19

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm honestly wondering how Garrison thinks the justice system works if someone going to trial so they can prove their innocence/have their guilt proven in court is still "guilty until proven innocent".

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Randalor posted:

I'm honestly wondering how Garrison thinks

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I like how Garry ignores the fact that there actually were armed staff in the school!

And how'd that work out?

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

It's a really good sketch. Captures the essence of Trump.

Lord Hawking
Aug 8, 2002

SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!
SHUT UP!!!

Skios posted:

Andy Marlette

A Ghostbusters 2 Cartoon

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

MrUnderbridge posted:

I like how Garry ignores the fact that there actually were armed staff in the school!

And how'd that work out?
not enough.
the formula is "danger+A=safety" wherein "A=all the guns that were there plus one"

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Attorney-general Mark Dreyfus. TikTok to be banned from Australian government devices (ABC).

Le Lievre:

After ten straight months of interest rate rises the Reserve Bank won't raise them this month. RBA hits pause for now but rates could rise again (AFR).

Lethbridge:

Aston by-election. Possibly also a reference to how the Chinese Australian vote has swung against the Liberals. Chinese-Australians' political awakening was a big factor in Labor's win in Aston (ABC analysis).

Golding:

Katauskas:

Knight:

Downes already did this and did it better.

Spooner:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Xander77 posted:

This is the first I've heard of it. And if your political calculus omits "oh, and he's a torturer" as inconsequential, that should tell you something.
:shrug: It's inconsequential in the sense that this information doesn't really change anything. People who think torture is bad generally already hate DeSantis for the things he's done more recently, and his supporters (and Republican voters as a whole) either won't give a poo poo or think torture is actually good.

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble

Randalor posted:

Huh, what was the convicted liar lying about again, Kelley? And how does it pertain to the "floozy"? I can't possibly imagine how that ties back to Trump /s.
why should we allow our ears to be besmirched with the testimony of a weapon that by its own admission was used in a murder?

The Artificial Kid
Feb 22, 2002
Plibble
has there ever been a more gaslit form of gaslighting than “you liberals have Trump derangement syndrome”? Apparently prosecuting people for their crimes is now a form of insanity.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
hey real quick can someone pull up a few "pelosi will start ww3 by meeting with taiwan" comics?
i want to compare and contrast that reaction with mccarthy meeting with taiwan despite china threats.
by which i mean no reactions.

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

RodShaft posted:

We use microwaves to boil water.

I always had this idea that this was terrible for some reason but then our work hot water system crapped out for a week and I microwaved water the whole week and honestly did not notice the slightest difference in taste so I think it's only habit that I keep using the kettle but given previous comments I also now want a percolator. I'd forgotten all about those. Mostly though I want all the anti-trans cartoonist to spontaneously vomit their assholes out their mouths and be eaten by coyotes edit: and/or dingos.

Tambaloneus fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 5, 2023

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There is a theory I've mostly encountered from people like Mercola that microwaves introduce toxins somehow. Beyond this, there's a broad perception (mostly repeated by kettle manufacturers) that a microwave will heat water unevenly, something that might be a concern if you were boiling a large amount of it.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Apr 5, 2023

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Microwaves boil it fine, the main problem is you just can't do nearly as much in one go as with a kettle. The specific sin associated with boiling in microwaves is leaving the tea bag in while you do it, the mark of a deranged mind.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The real risk of microwaving water is that it can superheat if it's in a perfectly smooth container and you heat it for too long. It's a pretty slim risk, but it's also insanely dangerous if it happens. Put a wooden stirring stick or something in the glass if you're boiling just water.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Playgoers, I bid you welcome. The theatre is a temple, and we are here to worship the gods of comedy and tragedy.

Tonight, I am pleased to announce a comedy. We shall employ every device we know in our desire to divert you.

Clay Bennett

Something familiar
Something peculiar
Something for everyone
A comedy tonight!

Something appealing
Something appalling
Something for everyone
A comedy tonight!

Jeff Stahler

Nothing with kings
Nothing with crowns;
Bring on the lovers, liars and clowns

Old situations
New complications
Nothing portentous or polite
Tragedy tomorrow
Comedy tonight!

Ed Gamble

Something convulsive
Something repulsive
Something for everyone
A comedy tonight!

Something esthetic
Something frenetic
Something for everyone
A comedy tonight!

Lee Judge

Nothing with gods
Nothing with fate;
Weighty affairs will just have to wait

David M. Hitch

Nothing that's formal
Nothing that's normal

No recitations to recite!
Open up the curtain..
Comedy tonight!

Mike Smith

Something erratic
Something dramatic
Something for everyone
A comedy tonight!

Bill Bramhall

Frenzy and frolic
Strictly symbolic
Something for everyone
A comedy tonight!

Ann Telnaes

And now, the entire company!

Something familiar
Something peculiar
Something for everybody
Comedy tonight!

Dave Whamond

Something that's gaudy
Something that's bawdy
Something for everybawdy
Comedy tonight!

Jeff Danziger

Nothing that's grim
Nothing that's Greek
(She plays Medea later this week)

Stunning surprises!
Cunning disguises!
Hundreds of actors out of sight!!

Randall Enos - Trump Truth

Pantaloons and tunics
Courtesans and eunuchs
Funerals and chases
Baritones and basses
Panderers
Philanderers
Cupidity
Timidity
Mistakes
Fakes
Rhymes
Mimes
Tumblers
Grumblers
Bumblers
Fumblers

Jimmy Margulies

No royal curse
No Trojan horse
And a happy ending, of course!

Goodness and badness
Man in his madness
This time it all turns out all right...
Tragedy tomorrow

Comedy tonight!

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

idonotlikepeas posted:

David M. Hitch

This is probably the most "reasonable" Hitch cartoon I've seen; like by itself it's still bad with bad intent (given what right wingers mean when they say "Deep State") but you wouldn't have to change much to get something we could agree with out of it (maybe replace Deep State with "American Social Media Companies" or something) while still remaining like within a football field of what Hitch is saying instead of completely contradicting his intent

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Hitch very upset by the deep state spying apparatus set in place by the party he seems to unwaveringly support.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

This is the ultimate goal of what right wingers want. AGC.

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Is there a Kellies Nomination for Best Post? Because this deserves it

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

InsertPotPun posted:

hey real quick can someone pull up a few "pelosi will start ww3 by meeting with taiwan" comics?
i want to compare and contrast that reaction with mccarthy meeting with taiwan despite china threats.
by which i mean no reactions.

Yes, because even conservative political cartoonists know McCarthy has no spine.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kellies Nominations: Too Many Words

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

The real risk of microwaving water is that it can superheat if it's in a perfectly smooth container and you heat it for too long. It's a pretty slim risk, but it's also insanely dangerous if it happens. Put a wooden stirring stick or something in the glass if you're boiling just water.

My wife makes loving pasta in the microwave. What kills me is when she just closes the door and leaves all the accumulated moisture to rust the thing out.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

JamesBont posted:

Is there a Kellies Nomination for Best Post? Because this deserves it

Quite frankly, and if possible, I would like to elect idonotlikepeas for a lifetime achievement award for their fantastic parodies. I still think about how funny the Speaker of the House one was.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

idonotlikepeas posted:

Comedy tonight!
*sincere applause*

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You can put a metal spoon in when heating water! :) It will not harm the oven or become any hotter than the water itself.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

From 4/4:

China Daily

Unmoored 'captain' by Luo Jie

Le Monde

by Micaël for Marianne
Paris Souvenirs Souvenirs in French is as much a memory as it is those little knick-knacks.

by Kap from Spain
Donald Trump's Indictmet

Charlie Hebdo

On the death bed
Macron meets with his social advisors

Borne Meets with Le Pen.
"I'll stay for a bit to get a feel for 2027."

Mmmm, that's some fine racism there Charlie Hebdo. Look at that caricature of East Asians. They event bothered to mock the cliché accent and have the French woman put it on too! :nice:

The conversation merely asks where the Eiffel Tower is, that the trash is Macron's fault, and the French woman steals the phone cause she has a super small pension. I usually don't bother with this guy's stuff but this was too ridiculous not to post.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Al Goodwyn

Andy Marlette

Chip Bok

Chris Britt

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: What If, What If, What If

Ted Rall posted:

Political attacks against the social media company TikTok are based on a lot of what-ifs with a heavy dose of racial bigotry. No evidence has been presented about the supposed “threats” other than theoretical speculation. Yet we are supposed to react to these paranoid delusions? This is the same thinking that got us into Iraq.

First Dog on the Moon: Fire ants are planning to destroy Australia and not in a good way