Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I just think pepe isn't funny, really

lol at starting a page with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I can understand FOMO when it's physical merchandise that can only get made by renting a production line in somebody else's factory. But yeah, limited time only digital items exist only to drive engagement metrics and don't have any consumer-friendly purpose.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Thundarr posted:

I can understand FOMO when it's physical merchandise that can only get made by renting a production line in somebody else's factory. But yeah, limited time only digital items exist only to drive engagement metrics and don't have any consumer-friendly purpose.

The soundtrack minions have had expired codes for years. The moogle horn band has literally been impossible to get for seven years :(

At least the art books are readily available and the codes get refreshed

E: In case anyone missed a mug or what not!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1643358079785005057?t=DhX5cLmp1j9tDQVrx0yqpA&s=19

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Apr 5, 2023

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Huh. I didn’t know that the Ascians were Canadian.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Just wanted to double check, havent played since i beat disc 9 (endwalker) and ive done the first bit of disc 10, Used up my free 96 hours and turns out i got 18 quid in paypal credit so i bought a two month card, cos cocaine, and is getting levels quickly in other jobs still the same? Ie: dailys then highest level dungeon you have access to then bojaz or whatever its called at 71-80? (Still havent finished that) What about 80-90, just dailys and dungeons again? Will i get the same xp if i take the scions in after ive done dailys? Either trust or support... i notice tomestone rewards listed in support, which is why i ask. I do frontlines switch solely to level sage up tho without having to play as one. Im sure that wont bite me in the rear end :shrug:

Only in it for the story and i got paladin and monk at 90 and finally got item levels high enough for the two new raids stories, my plan is to get red mage (68), sage (79) and bard (34) to 90 so i can do all the job quest stuff in shb and ew and stuff going forward. Hmm i still got that island of val to do and whatever the hell this nier poo poo is but might not bother with cashins.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Apr 5, 2023

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

daily roulettes still give you the most consistent chunks of exp every day, that hasn't changed. if you want to keep grinding after that you now have a new Deep Dungeon for levels 81-90, Eureka Orthos, which unlocks in Mor Dhona. bozja is still there for 71-80.

i don't personally know if the exp is different for doing trusts/duty support vs. with players, i haven't checked.

the nier poo poo is the shadowbringers alliance raid, which is a weird and interesting little romp, much more involved than just a cash-in.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The story of the nier raids isn't anything to write home about but the actual raids themselves are fun.

They take a bit longer than the used to after the stat crunch, though

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Frontline roulette is a serious chunk of XP once per day, on par with leveling and alliance raid roulette.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

TheWorldsaStage posted:

The soundtrack minions have had expired codes for years. The moogle horn band has literally been impossible to get for seven years :(

At least the art books are readily available and the codes get refreshed

E: In case anyone missed a mug or what not!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1643358079785005057?t=DhX5cLmp1j9tDQVrx0yqpA&s=19

Why is shipping so much? I'd be all for some of this, but not spending the same amount again just to have it shipped.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Yeah ill probably do the nier stuff at some point when i get my red mage closer to it i think, still have a few non-npc dungeons from shb and sb to do actually as well. I think i tried to do that new deep dungeon bit i havent cleared palace of the dead yet, forgot i still had that and heaven on high to do.

Whats a good source of income? Ive been picking up trash in dungeons, selling them for seals and using the seals for glamour prisims and then selling them fast on the board. I spent all my money on an ishgard apartment last year and have 345k left and barely had nowhere near enough to spend on deco cos i bought all those light shining windows and thats it. Times are tough and ive resorted to non-teleport travel. Chocobo and boats/airships. :negative:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Roulettes at higher levels give a decent payout if you do them on a regular basis. There's the gathering of Treasure Maps to sell, or to run with a party of 4-8 other people running their own maps and everyone gets their share of the loot.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Rap Game Goku posted:

Why is shipping so much? I'd be all for some of this, but not spending the same amount again just to have it shipped.

That is the downside of the square Enix store, yeah. The shipping is outrageous

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

SuperKlaus posted:

I think Twitch caused pepe to loop back around to just being a stupid internet thing instead of a shithead signifier.

4chan memes tend to be ubiquitous because the users are all extremely online and everywhere, which leads to mass adoption, it's kind of like how some of the Civ games let you conquer cities by having a culture value so high neighboring cities just flip.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vikar Jerome posted:

Whats a good source of income?

Your best bet for anything that doesn't involving mass gathering or playing the MB is to do the high value roulettes every day (Expert, High Level, Trial, Leveling, Alliance, and MSQ if you can fit it in), gather maps and either sell them or do them (re: do Gliderskins from Shadowbringers, which are solo maps that have a chance to drop the still highly valuable Shell Leather), Greed on everything in dungeons so you can turn them into Company Seals and then buy Magicked Oilcloths from the GC vendor to sell to merchants, and send out your retainers on Quick Ventures as often as possible and pray for good drops. This isn't a get rich quick scheme or anything, but it's solid income that will add up over time; I think just doing those high value roulettes is about 500k per week or so without counting drops, so you'll get more than enough to buy what you need and then some if you're frugal.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Rap Game Goku posted:

They ship out of Japan, I don't think they have any stock in the US.

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Kerrzhe posted:

i don't personally know if the exp is different for doing trusts/duty support vs. with players, i haven't checked.

The raw xp values from trusts/supports is the same as doing them with a group. The biggest downside to trust/support dungeons is that the NPCs are slow so they take a bit longer to get through than a decent player group. The biggest upside is not having to wait in a queue and that you get all of the gear drops.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
if you're a warrior/good at other tank jobs you can wall to wall, but they won't aoe and there's a fair chance they'll die to all the enemy aoes going off.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I have done wall to wall pulls on trusts as all roles and it has been possible, although some pulls get really dicey. Even though you get all chests, all chest drops are also halved. But you can still get minions, it's how I got the dog minion from Holminster Switch.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Zeruel posted:

if you're a warrior/good at other tank jobs you can wall to wall, but they won't aoe and there's a fair chance they'll die to all the enemy aoes going off.

Also, if they move out of AOE, they won't attack, but just stand around waiting for the AOE to end.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Kazy posted:

They ship out of Japan, I don't think they have any stock in the US.

Yeah, most merch that is sent directly from Japan has painfully high shipping costs right now. It isn't just a SQEX issue.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Hyper Inferno posted:

I have done wall to wall pulls on trusts as all roles and it has been possible, although some pulls get really dicey. Even though you get all chests, all chest drops are also halved. But you can still get minions, it's how I got the dog minion from Holminster Switch.

there's a dog from holminster? I have never heard of that until now.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Zeruel posted:

there's a dog from holminster? I have never heard of that until now.

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Black_Hayate

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
The dog from Holminster is one of several minions from a ShB/EW dungeon that now also drops from sacks in the new deep dungeon, so the market board price has dropped significantly in the past month

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Kheldarn posted:

Also, if they move out of AOE, they won't attack, but just stand around waiting for the AOE to end.

Yeah this, along with the lack of aoe, is probably the biggest thing that slows them down. They just won't attack when they move to avoid aoes or other mechanics. It also really makes Y'shtola bad as the resident BLM-like. Also, Alphinaud SCH-like is a crappy healer since he's got no faerie. He seems better in Endwalker trusts since he's got Sage instead.

I guess overall I'd say trust dungeons are suboptimal compared to just running regular dungeons for leveling, because despite the similar xp total, it will take several minutes longer to complete. They're fun though for practicing jobs and just taking things slow if you're not in a hurry, though, and they're great for farming gear I think.

bobtheconqueror fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Apr 5, 2023

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

bobtheconqueror posted:

Yeah this, along with the lack of aoe, is probably the biggest thing that slows them down. They just won't attack when they move to avoid aoes or other mechanics. It also really makes Y'shtola bad as the resident BLM-like. Also, Alphinaud SCH-like is a crappy healer since he's got no faerie. He seems better in Endwalker trusts since he's got Sage instead.

I guess overall I'd say trust dungeons are suboptimal compared to just running regular dungeons for leveling, because despite the similar xp total, it will take several minutes longer to complete. They're fun though for practicing jobs and just taking things slow if you're not in a hurry, though, and they're great for farming gear I think.

They'll take several minutes longer, sure, but if you're going in as DPS sometimes your queues get 10+ minutes long. At that point it doesn't matter that Trusts are a little slower, it'll still be faster than waiting for a regular run.

In other interests, they announced the Furnishing Design winners. There's a lot, 153 of them, and it's a shame they aren't guaranteed to be put in the game because there's some fun stuff in there.

Like this 6.0 grapes lantern:

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Onean posted:

In other interests, they announced the Furnishing Design winners. There's a lot, 153 of them, and it's a shame they aren't guaranteed to be put in the game because there's some fun stuff in there.

Oh I really hope we get the Magitek Armor maintenance bay. There's not currently a whole lot you can do for Garlean/magitek theming.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Trusts are glacial but sometimes, so are players. I already dislike how bloated enemy health pools in EW and ShB leveling dungeons feel, running them with trust AI just makes bosses take forever :tootzzz:

At least you can afk the trash, though.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Onean posted:

lol

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

orcane posted:

Trusts are glacial but sometimes, so are players. I already dislike how bloated enemy health pools in EW and ShB leveling dungeons feel, running them with trust AI just makes bosses take forever :tootzzz:

At least you can afk the trash, though.

They take the same amount of time, going by the 6.1 dungeon cos i did it with both. Plus one method has estinien and the other does not. Easy pick. :colbert:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I wall pull the trusts on Warrior and I've never had them die to enemy AoEs. You just have to get good aggro on every enemy (which usually means doing a couple AoEs on them) before running on to the next set because if you miss one, the trusts will just stand there and fight it. Once combat begins, they follow the enemies, not you.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Vikar Jerome posted:

They take the same amount of time, going by the 6.1 dungeon cos i did it with both. Plus one method has estinien and the other does not. Easy pick. :colbert:

You had some hella slow groups in that case lol

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I mean, I've Wall to Walled as a Warrior in Alzadaal's Legacy and got stuck with a single target Ice Mage and a bunny hat fashionista (ninja who couldn't do their schtick). The trash took a while to whittle away....the healer was alright though.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If this was ten million MGP I'd prioritize it over every other reward.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Player groups that take 25-30 minutes in dungeons are rare but they do exist. Which is why I usually do ex roulettes as DPS just to ensure that things die in a timely manner.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I’ve absolutely been stuck in leveling dungeons with the worst players on Earth after waiting through a 30 minute DPS queue before.

That said I pretty much only run Trusts for my first plot run because I like to run dungeons with my pixel party while I’m doing plot. It’s also helpful as a BLM main to learn safe spots a little faster. Also BLM can poo poo out AOE damage to make up everything.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Okay hear me out here:

Wall-mounted orchestrion.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

it's illegal to say it but heck, i'll say it anyway: i think some people should try harder to be good at video games

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Welcome to gamer gaol, b*tch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome OClock
May 24, 2013

A steaming pile of awesome... Covered in syrup.
Recently started messing with blue mage. Is anyone aware of decent communities for blu?