Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

I’m glad to see folks standing up for Reese; nothing against Clark, mind you, but yesterday absolutely caused a flood of well-to-do shitlibs to show their cards on various social media.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

C2C - 2.0 posted:

I’m glad to see folks standing up for Reese; nothing against Clark, mind you, but yesterday absolutely caused a flood of well-to-do shitlibs to show their cards on various social media.

Pretty much

https://twitter.com/markhughesfilms/status/1642655691306569729?t=DEVFKKvc_2WpBs8KIt9XIA&s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The American Jesus

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/njsilvadyne/status/1642637834988158976

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

https://twitter.com/shaq/status/1642752473025724418?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA
I could not go on if both Samuel L Jackson and Shaq dunked on me in public like that.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Keith is a very smart guy calling a national champion a loving idiot.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1643309457265270838?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Nonsense posted:

Keith is a very smart guy calling a national champion a loving idiot.

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1643309457265270838?s=20

Tag yourself, I'm the person who sees signs like that and somehow thinks we're the good guys.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also the reporters that I was following were estimating it was a 5:1 reporter:protestor/counterprotestor ratio

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

40% seems way too low.

E: I’m not googling that so I might be getting wooshed.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 4, 2023

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Bird in a Blender posted:

40% seems way too low.

On either stat.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/rottenindenmark/status/1643256178171060225?s=46&t=A_iY-gupVf13dcIJPetZhQ

Yeah what the hell

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe there a TikTok challenge to go get bitten by a rattlesnake

Redonionking
Mar 13, 2001

I AM A BRILLIANT HAMOLOGIST
Grimey Drawer

zoux posted:

Also the reporters that I was following were estimating it was a 5:1 reporter:protestor/counterprotestor ratio

There goes my hero

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

40% seems way too low.

You should definitely google it.

40% of cops beat their spouses

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Lager posted:

You should definitely google it.

40% of cops beat their spouses

40% have been reported :eng101:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

Evilreaver posted:

40% have been reported :eng101:

Good point.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

serpent handling making a comeback?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Is Chevy Chase driving that thing? With an old dead lady strapped to the roof?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.

SeANMcBAY posted:

https://twitter.com/shaq/status/1642752473025724418?s=46&t=zpYUUMLitkL1LQfCkNP_qA
I could not go on if both Samuel L Jackson and Shaq dunked on me in public like that.

Isn't Snakes on a Plane's response some toxic masculinity garbage? Or is everyone allowed to be toxic in a masculine way now? Or is he saying she has a dick? I don't understand what's going on anymore with reality.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

more like pro bonobo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

AvesPKS posted:

Isn't Snakes on a Plane's response some toxic masculinity garbage? Or is everyone allowed to be toxic in a masculine way now? Or is he saying she has a dick? I don't understand what's going on anymore with reality.

It's the opposite of big dick energy

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
This IT firm in Texas made a whoopsy-daisy:

https://twitter.com/kendallybrown/status/1643418828007669764

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

AvesPKS posted:

Isn't Snakes on a Plane's response some toxic masculinity garbage?

and body-shaming, yes, but we're not at a point where people care yet. slurs like that have to have their time in the sun before "hey it's actually hosed up to say this and it reflects badly on you if you do" enters the public consciousness.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/ConnorGillies/status/1643625464739553282

Hmmm

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kith posted:

and body-shaming, yes, but we're not at a point where people care yet. slurs like that have to have their time in the sun before "hey it's actually hosed up to say this and it reflects badly on you if you do" enters the public consciousness.

I think you’re going to be waiting quite a bit before that happens for that particular insult. Look at Greta Thunberg’s tweet to Andrew Tate.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Kith posted:

Having tiny dick energy isn't the same as having a tiny (or no) dick, it's specifically the energy produced by a small-dick-haver who's woefully insecure about it and makes his tiny member everyone else's problem. Just like you can be short without having short-man's syndrome. It's wrong to insult those qualities specifically but it's cool and good to insult the weird attitudes they end up creating.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I wish everyone luck with the forthcoming Little Dick Guys Pride Movement, but you may have trouble finding members.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

zoux posted:

I wish everyone luck with the forthcoming Little Dick Guys Pride Movement, but you may have trouble finding members.

This is the best double-entendre I've seen in a long time.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

zoux posted:

:wow:

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

40% seems way too low.

"Not going to google it, but am going to post acknowledging that I might miss important context by not googling it." I don't understand.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I think you’re going to be waiting quite a bit before that happens for that particular insult. Look at Greta Thunberg’s tweet to Andrew Tate.

"retard" and "human being" took decades to become even slightly unacceptable, and even then there are still plenty of people desperately hanging on to their emotional support slurs. using my mighty powers of Pattern Recognition™, i'm not going to hold my breath waiting for "small dick energy" to go away - instead i'll just maintain the vague hope that it will eventually fall out of use, hopefully because more people realize that kind of cruelty has splash damage (but more likely because it just got old and boring)

PT6A posted:

Having tiny dick energy isn't the same as having a tiny (or no) dick, it's specifically the energy produced by a small-dick-haver who's woefully insecure about it and makes his tiny member everyone else's problem. Just like you can be short without having short-man's syndrome. It's wrong to insult those qualities specifically but it's cool and good to insult the weird attitudes they end up creating.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

i am fully aware of the source and the reasoning and all of that other bullshit. regardless of the justification, it's still rooted in body-shaming and that makes the whole thing pretty hosed up. it's a weak-rear end insult that only has impact because it preys on common insecurities instead of mocking that the person themselves are insecure

e: here's a good example: calling a fat person a pig because they're slovenly or dirty. sure, you only mean it because that person is exhibiting those behaviors that make the insult appropriate, but that telegraphs that you're willing to use someone's body as part of your insult if it happens to be convenient to you, which is a quick and easy way to make everyone who happens to be insecure about their weight feel uncomfortable. to provide another example (and bring it back around to the original subject), i know a ton of trans men who loving hate being in spaces where that term gets used frequently because it makes them feel like it's only a matter of time before they get mocked for the genitals they have.

the "we don't use that kind of talk against people who are one of the good ones" excuse sucks poo poo and i wish more people would realize it for what it is

zoux posted:

also this is a loving :master: thank you

Kith fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Apr 6, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The abortion issue has been a millstone around Democratic candidates electoral chances since 1973, nice to see it on the other neck. The problem they're havingis that the political operatives who have been cynically using the issue to drive evangelical turnout didn't realize that evangelicals really believe that crap, and it's electoral poison.

zoux fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 5, 2023

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

zoux posted:

The abortion issue has been a millstone around Democratic candidates electoral chances since 1973, nice to see it on the other neck. The problem they're havingis that the political operatives who have been cynically using the issue to drive evangelical turnout didn't realize that evangelicals really believe that crap, and it's electoral poison.

It feels like the terf movement in the UK.

They think they are the scorpion and will turn on the right/religious freaks once it suits them.

They are very wrong.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Civilized Fishbot posted:

"Not going to google it, but am going to post acknowledging that I might miss important context by not googling it." I don't understand.

I was seriously afraid of getting Lemon partied.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgKDaivKYFU&t=24s

Old Surly
Dec 8, 2004

and all of your troubles are solved and gone
Is the toothpaste out of the tub? Can the space force be disbanded or reintegratied into the air force? Its a joke now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Now?