Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

i say swears online posted:

salmon is such a rarity for me. grizzlies have a good life and i'm jealous

also rainbow trout

Aldi salmon is wild caught and last summer was only $7.99/lb. I haven’t looked lately, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

FacelessVoid posted:

IMO IT is effective because it teaches you to differentiate between psychological and physiological hungry. If you would normally snack before lunch because you’re just watching the clock tick by at work you aren’t going to make it up at lunch because you weren’t physically hungry.] You’re just bored and looking for something stimulating on the verge of tears and trying to make the pain go away.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1641221244342222849

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

reinvesting in bigger chickens

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Price gouging should be punishable by eye gouging

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i havent eaten out in awhile but the last time we did it was like $100 for two regular plates that were prob $40 before the price increases

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

i havent eaten out in awhile but the last time we did it was like $100 for two regular plates that were prob $40 before the price increases

I would be sweating bullets sweating bullets if I ran a restaurant at this point.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

Ardennes posted:

I would be sweating bullets sweating bullets if I ran a restaurant at this point.

i have a distinct feeling restaurants are dying in droves especially small local ones

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Mr. Sharps posted:

some thin slice apples would have kicked that up a notch imo

I did this and you were right it was pretty drat good.

I used fuji apple

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

is fasting healthier than exercise? I figure burning calories is better than not having any

Can't get big if you don't eat big.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

HallelujahLee posted:

i have a distinct feeling restaurants are dying in droves especially small local ones

It seems like it is in the case in Portland at least.

Kicked Throat
Apr 12, 2005
work at a grocery store. go in on my days off to get produce from the cull bin because it could be worth hundreds of dollars, like two bell peppers and a quart of strawberries.

half the customers i ring up i can see them staring at the total and i give them the look, like i know, it's insane. the other half are instacart drivers and that only gets awkward when i have to interrupt their 10 year old child bagging coconut water and kombucha to say sorry to bug you while you're working but would you like some stickers?

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

spacemang_spliff posted:

I used fuji apple

Have I been wrong about fruit on pizza all this time?

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i'm pretty sure i've had apple in cream sauce w/ gnocchi and it was delicious. I can see it doing the same thing on pizza.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Deadly Ham Sandwich posted:

Yes

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

Ardennes posted:

I check out the meat prices at the restaurant supply store when I'm there buying my 50 pound bag of calrose or w/e and you'd think buying wholesale would be cheaper than the small groceries? it is not

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

I mean I wouldn't put stawberries on a meat lover's from pizza hut but salty sweet and savory is a good combination

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Seems like pizza fruit needs to be acidic

impossiblyPoor
Apr 2, 2023

by Fritz the Horse

67 cents a pound if you think eating 7 apples is worth it

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
eat em all let colon sort them out

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

spacemang_spliff posted:

I used fuji apple

:discourse:

prosciutto, pear and gorgonzola is my go-to impressive but still cheap home pizza

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

eat em all let colon sort them out

"This is five bucks worth of milk now."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

started a job in downtown austin today, got there extra early just to plan a route and get my bearings so i planned to buy breakfast and lunch. being as thrifty as possible i still spent $21. i'm so bad at meal planning but i have to start right loving now

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Seems like pizza fruit needs to be acidic

Pizza fruit should be something that goes well with honey or balsamic vinegar

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Animal-Mother posted:

"This is five bucks worth of cum now."

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

it got cheaper??

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Colin Mockery posted:

Pizza fruit should be something that goes well with honey or balsamic vinegar

Yeah basically "would this be nice on a charcuterie board" is a good starting point

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

had a pear + brie pizza once and it was amazing, then the place closed :(

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

cici's dessert pizza hell yeah

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

cici's dessert pizza hell yeah

the one that was just an apple pie but on a pizza crust?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Is a single donut supposed to be two bucks?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Depends. Is it covered in bullshit like cake frosting and fruit loops?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Restaurant near my work has a taco tuesday thing, I always get carne asada fries every week.

This week... they had no meat. Plum out. Not even any substitutes, just totally out.

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

once got tried to absconded while leaving by a local jewel-osco. how much can i tell you i got of there real fast??

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Slider posted:

once got tried to absconded while leaving by a local jewel-osco. how much can i tell you i got of there real fast??

:hmmyes:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

loving watermelons always taking poo poo personally. Anyway, post ur melons here

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh christ those are tiny ones and eight dollars???

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
I got a mini one for $3.99 at Target on Sunday. my kids were excited for it :unsmith:

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Slider posted:

me 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

oh christ those are tiny ones and eight dollars???

It was slightly smaller than an average impersonal watermelon but not like handheld size. At $8 I didn't bother to weigh it.

Anyway, apparently personal watermelons are bred to be sweeter and have thinner rinds, or something.