Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

gregday posted:

They could charge him in 7.5 months and it would still be before he’s due to appear in court again for NY.

Yep. Technically correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Kind of a gross tweet/video to be honest. Calling someone a filthy infected animal is like right out of the Nazi playbook isn't it?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

Kind of a gross tweet/video to be honest. Calling someone a filthy infected animal is like right out of the Nazi playbook isn't it?

Calling the fascists mean things is right out of the nazi playbook?

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Oxyclean posted:

Calling the fascists mean things is right out of the nazi playbook?

I mean you can call them mean things without insinuating that they are inhuman pests.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
Trump is going to stretch this and everything else coming his way forever. No way he ever sees the inside of a jail cell. He'll die of natural causes before the trial/appeals are finished and he'll be considered innocent when that happens. Even if convicted and he dies during appeals he would be instantly be considered innocent.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Nitrousoxide posted:

Considering he stated in an interview this week that "Yeah I took those classified documents with the intent to sell them back to the government later" I can believe it lol.

The FNN interview was over a week ago.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Boris Galerkin posted:

I mean you can call them mean things without insinuating that they are inhuman pests.

Maybe it is tasteless, but 1) I don't think anyone is strongly endorsing the man in the video and 2) MTG is a genuinely, awful person who is contributing to policy and efforts to make america a less safe person for trasngender people

So yeah. Gonna find it a little hard to clutch pearls over verbiage you need to squint to consider problematic. There's better things to worry about.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Look at the big sulky crybaby. Just look. lol

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1643357029753409541

The sketch would have been drawn while the charges were being read out. It's a different pose from the photo

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Cimber posted:

Trump is going to stretch this and everything else coming his way forever. No way he ever sees the inside of a jail cell. He'll die of natural causes before the trial/appeals are finished and he'll be considered innocent when that happens. Even if convicted and he dies during appeals he would be instantly be considered innocent.

How many times is this going to be said

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

fuctifino posted:

The sketch would have been drawn while the charges were being read out. It's a different pose from the photo

The grinch that stole 2016.

Friend
Aug 3, 2008

https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1643323563632476160

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I saw this earlier and laughed so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ues8ycOxXKM

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Cimber posted:

Yeah. Nobody is going care about that technicality if he dies on appeal. All anyone will remember is that he was convicted and the history books will note that technicality in a footnote nobody will read, nor care about even if they do

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cimber posted:

I saw this earlier and laughed so hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ues8ycOxXKM

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Michael Rappapot, noted nazi.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
I thought I was done waiting for and anticipating Christmas presents. Guess not.

But seriously DoJ/GA, get cracking. If they wait until 2024, it’s going to be even more of a shitshow than it is now.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Trump is currently trashing the GA DA lol. Bold move.

https://www.youtube.com/live/mCaFEnmorOM?feature=share

Watch along if you are a broken person like me

cr0y fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 5, 2023

Sundae
Dec 1, 2005

Boris Galerkin posted:

You enjoy that high road right into a mass grave, dude.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
I had to work a shift just after the arraignment and i think im caught up but

Help me out. It sounds like 1) trump has been indicted for 30+ counts of fabricating business dox; 2) the reason theyre felony counts is because they were done in furtherance of another (yet to be revealed) crime; 3) the DA raised concerns about trump's incitement; 4) the judge warned T againt further incitement; and 5) there was no discernable grassroots movement or groundswell of support for our white geriatric child prrsident

Was a motion filed?

The DA doesnt need a gag order to stick the conviction, but it definitely feels like bragg has laid a trap based on trump's very predictable pattern of behavior that will land a gag order on the fucker well before a conviction, and much earlier in the election cycle.

E: in the before-times, when a powerful narcisist was facing a legal battle, they would decline comment and refuse interviews that bring it up and make it a boring distraction without drama. This is advised from a combined PR and Legal perspective.

Trump is, uh, trying something /different/

Uglycat fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 5, 2023

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Charlz Guybon posted:

Yeah. Nobody is going care about that technicality if he dies on appeal. All anyone will remember is that he was convicted and the history books will note that technicality in a footnote nobody will read, nor care about even if they do

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Uglycat posted:

I had to work a shift just after the arraignment and i think im caught up but

Help me out. It sounds like 1) trump has been indicted for 30+ counts of fabricating business dox; 2) the reason theyre felony counts is because they were done in furtherance of another (yet to be revealed) crime; 3) the DA raised concerns about trump's incitement; 4) the judge warned T againt further incitement; and 5) there was no discernable grassroots movement or groundswell of support for our white geriatric child prrsident

I don’t think there is another yet to be revealed crime. I think the crimes that were being concealed were the crimes Cohen was convicted of and Pecker admitted to in illegally paying money to Trumps campaign.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Boris Galerkin posted:

You are missing the charm of Howard Stern guest and actor Michael Rappaport. He usually screams that way about Stern's producer, Gary.

I'm not joking.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Boris Galerkin posted:

"Not men, fascists."

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
"The only crime I have committed is to defend our nation from those who seek to destroy it."
I cant watch this, will wait for good clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhPdeVEMrGk

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Sundae posted:

You enjoy that high road right into a mass grave, dude.

All I did was point out that it was a gross thing to say, but I guess it's ok to be gross to the right people, I guess.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Boris Galerkin posted:

All I did was point out that it was a gross thing to say, but I guess it's ok to be gross to the right people, I guess.

“Pest” is incredibly mild considering she just went to a literal Nazi conference.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Xiahou Dun posted:

“Pest” is incredibly mild considering she just went to a literal Nazi conference.

Pest was my word. The guy in the video was screaming his lungs out calling her an infested or infected animal.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

OgNar posted:

"The only crime I have committed is to defend our nation from those who seek to destroy it."
I cant watch this, will wait for good clips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhPdeVEMrGk

The song choice alone is incredible. I tried to watch and I think I noped out at around the same point as you, I just don't have it in me in 2023 to intentionally expose myself to this nonsense anymore.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

XboxPants posted:

The song choice alone is incredible. I tried to watch and I think I noped out at around the same point as you, I just don't have it in me in 2023 to intentionally expose myself to this nonsense anymore.

I skipped through it and heard every bit the same rhetoric as before.
Right out of the barrel he came out with russia russia russia, ukraine ukraine ukraine.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Boris Galerkin posted:

Pest was my word. The guy in the video was screaming his lungs out calling her an infested or infected animal.

And yet I sit here pointing at how she attended and spoke at a gathering of people who promote genocide.

I don’t particularly care that someone was rude to her.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Boris Galerkin posted:

I get what you're saying, and you're right. There can be issues with dehumanizing your opponents, even when they do actually act inhuman. But no one is going to back you up on this one. MTG truly is monstrous and she's pretty much directly, intentionally, and gleefully endangering a significant number of the posters on this board, including me.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Boris Galerkin posted:

many people use "animal" interchangeably with "monster". with this knowledge in mind, considering that she gleefully behaves like the latter, it does not particularly bother me when someone calls her the former - especially when it's merely a generic insult and not one of the many targeted slurs that could've been used instead.

is it dehumanizing? yeah. has she been doing everything in her considerable power to dehumanize others and subject them to as much pain and suffering as possible? also yes.

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Boris Galerkin posted:

The thing you're fundamentally missing here is that the Nazis basically classified whole races and ethnicities of people as subhuman animals. Just by accident of birth, immediately reduced to animal status. And then acted on it. It's one thing to call a whole group people being animals simply for being born into a population and calling a single person an animal. Hell, Holocaust victims and commentators pretty commonly called individual Nazis animals in reference to their barbarity. Who is the group being dehumanized here? It's it one dumb lady who has a lot of barbaric beliefs. It's not like they're saying her whole genetic line is subhuman garbage.

There is just no 1:1 here. If I call Hitler an animal does that put me in the Nazi category? Nope, sure doesn't. Now if I called Germans and Austrians animals and said they should all be put down, well that's a little more Nazi like.

Love Rat fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 5, 2023

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Boris Galerkin posted:

I’m not familiar with your post history and views, so I have no idea where you’re coming from.

But the congressional rep you’re talking about here has spent the last couple of years characterizing the entirety of the party opposite of hers (and the entirety of their electorate) as pedophiles.

The idea being that if half of the 340 million people in this country are pedophiles, there is nothing that can happen to them that is out of line, nothing that is too bad.

One of her closely-aligned coworkers in Congress has spent the same amount of time screaming the same things, and also screaming about how the founding fathers meant for the church to dictate how government works, and how the church dictates laws, through God. All laws and rights are God-given. It has nothing to do with elections, or laws of man.

Not to mention the idea that both of these congresspeople, as well as many others, have championed the “stolen election” thing.

They are all going to preemptively continue doing it all through the runup to 2024, and will then continue to do it, through their last days.

Given all this, are you seriously upset that people in a blue state blew whistles and screamed that she was an animal, when she went to NYC today explicitly to stage this exact event, in support of the one man who lead this entire charge?

Knowing without a doubt that she was going to get this reception? Doing it specifically because she *knew* that she would get this reception, and could use it as rage-fodder on social media and on Fox News?

If so, I have some bad news for you.

The good news, perhaps not for you personally but in general, is that you aren’t likely to see any congressperson on the other side declare everyone else pedophiles and therefore worthy of annihilation.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Cuz she's a loving nazi

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Boris Galerkin posted:

there's a famous saying about judging people for the content of their character rather than the color of their skin. you might want to ruminate on that.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.

fuctifino posted:

First thing that comes to mind.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I have an associate who is investing way too much emotional attachment into this indictment. He desperately wants to believe there is going to be consequences for someone like Trump without quite realizing how often narcissists like him wriggle out of things or get away with slaps on the wrist simply because of their refuge in audacity and force of (terrible) personality. Or he does realize and just wishes that for once it isn't going to be true.

The guy isn't even American, and further is a member of a party that is actually closer to Trump and his ideals than most, so I have no idea where this is coming from. Maybe it's easier for him to parse his politics with something "good" if Don, the representative of the "bad" part of his politics, gets an actual sentence.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 5, 2023

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

evilmiera posted:

I have an associate who is investing way too much emotional attachment into this indictment. He desperately wants to believe there is going to be consequences for someone like Trump without quite realizing how often narcissists like him wriggle out of things or get away with slaps on the wrist simply because of their refuge in audacity and force of (terrible) personality. Or he does realize and just wishes that for once it isn't going to be true.

The friend isn't even American, and further is a member of a party that is actually closer to Trump and his ideals than most, so I have no idea where this is coming from. Maybe it's easier for him to parse his politics with something "good" if Don, the representative of the "bad" part of his politics, gets an actual sentence.

I'm not sure why you find this surprising or why this would be odd.

There is an extreme frustration in most western societies about class inequality and a lot of people deeply, deeply dislike Trump. Everyone has had to put up with this madman dominating the media for 8 years while being a transparently evil, lying, corrupt fucker and facing no consequences due to his wealth and power. If your friend is on the Right then that doesn't mean they should like Trump, many right-wingers also despise class inequality, the two-tiered justice system and corruption. In America Trump successfully conned the right into thinking he was fighting those things instead of being the embodiment of them but that's not true in other countries where Trump is universally unpopular. I'm from the UK and live in a conservative area and not a single person would say a good thing about him when asked and would readily cheer him finally going down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/AmiriKing/status/1643342346120044558
https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1643270948714426370

Putting Trump to Nelson Mandela and Jesus level again
Wait, this doesnt have the creepy awkward kiss at the end.

https://i.imgur.com/MRCUpVO.mp4

OgNar fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Apr 5, 2023