Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
funny poo poo going on around here, I bought dispensary stuff because I've been too sick to run my gear and so I figured I'd spend $70 on a gram of rosin instead of my usual ~$4/g shatter, ha.

Anyway almost everything (concentrates) is 68-69% because the state allows 10% variance from the 60% limit and so everyone is just treating it like the limit is 69.9%

also, 50mg (1/3 a dose for me) of edibles is $50 as 10x5mg mints but they sell "unmixed" edibles that are basically just emulsified decarbed distillate in 300mg bottles at 10mg/ml with instructions that "one dose" is 1/2ml added to a drink. The 300mg bottle is also $50. Of course all these prices seem batshit to me but I've been on the self-grow-and-extract plan for years and will be until portland-grade prices are a reality here.

Anyway I took like half the 300mg, it's okay. Did one dab of the rosin, it tastes better and is slightly less harsh than my home made poo poo but it's not a night and day difference by a long shot and is in no way worth the money (regardless of if you have access to cheaper poo poo, or not: a gram of rosin is simply NOT worth $70. No regrets, I didn't wanna run my gear so this is the price I pay, but fuckin lol at this bougy crap).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is portland even all that cheap anymore? Various Google sources list its prices as around $18/gram but I've been paying under $3/gram in Phoenix dispensaries for at least a year. Any given dispensary has at least 2 $70/oz strains.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Got the story a little mixed up with LSD but the spirit is the same I guess

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Got the story a little mixed up with LSD but the spirit is the same I guess

It was both
https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

quote:

“You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities,” Ehrlichman said

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

That's definitely how they tried to turn public opinion against weed; I always thought the urban legend was that the CIA purposely deployed LSD against the counter culture to discredit, distract and disorganize them

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Realistically it's probably every drug

But yeah it's probably more of a "drugs in general" thing that they pushed for hippies. The point being either way that the hippies loved drugs because Uncle Sam's agents were telling them how cool drugs are.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

deep dish peat moss posted:

Is portland even all that cheap anymore? Various Google sources list its prices as around $18/gram but I've been paying under $3/gram in Phoenix dispensaries for at least a year. Any given dispensary has at least 2 $70/oz strains.

I looked up one dispensary last week and saw 100mg edible drink things for like 10bux a pop so I was going off that

I haven't been to portland since 2019, at that time i got some decent snap-pull delivered for under $10/g.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
the government has been making people smoke weed for millions s of years

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Don’t know, I looked at three random entries on Leafly and I didn’t see any as high as $18/g. I saw as low as 4 and as high as 15 (for one gram, eighths and half ounces are cheaper per gram).

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I just absolutely crushed a few hippie boomers souls by telling them about how the idea of "weed culture" in the hippie movement was intentionally stoked by Nixon as a political weapon to delegitimize the anti-war left and pointing out how they'd spent their lives doing exactly what "the man" wanted them to do

Then I walked away and got high as hell :2bong:

:nice:

Inspector Hound posted:

That's definitely how they tried to turn public opinion against weed; I always thought the urban legend was that the CIA purposely deployed LSD against the counter culture to discredit, distract and disorganize them

For any CIA agents reading I am a threat to the democratic experiment and urgently need to be discredited, distracted and disorganized. tia

Outrail fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Apr 5, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

After making that post, Amazon recommended a documentary about exactly that to me. Nice try, CIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL1sGiZk1gM

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
weed got me through some hard times, like 20 min ago, drat. thanks weed.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

LifeSunDeath posted:

weed got me through some hard times, like 20 min ago, drat. thanks weed.

some real Mitch Hedburg vibes from this

Crystal Thenis
Mar 23, 2023

by sebmojo
so sorry my boy. we were rift hopping last night with the dark hippies and further corrupting the streams.

SNP corruption, exposure of the lighthouse cult, the arrest of dolans trump. it is wild in the streams.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
You people ever smoked weed, on weed?

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
we should train a chatbot tthat you can talk to when you're too high and you think maybe it will be you, the one exception, they guy who dies from being too high

gonna smoke a weed and think about making it

E: another weed that is

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

After making that post, Amazon recommended a documentary about exactly that to me. Nice try, CIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL1sGiZk1gM

Once I said out loud the name of a friend from high school and Facebook recommended them to someone else in the room

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit
Weed was made bad because the CIA didn’t want white women having their yonis massaged by black men

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
Weed is good because it makes dealing with being isolated with your chud parent a lot easier

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm listening to the master musicians of jajouka and freaking out because I just now understood that all modern music sounds like machines, whereas really old music sounds like nature, ie discordant and arrhythmic and somewhat "random", and that's why it sounds "weird" and, dig

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Like what is 4/4 time? It's the sound of a clock. The rain does not fall in 4/4 time

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

precision posted:

Like what is 4/4 time? It's the sound of a clock. The rain does not fall in 4/4 time

not all music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hGXQEXSVgk

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Apr 6, 2023

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
I have been getting high and asking chatgpt to write first person pulp fiction short stories about barry chuckle

quote:

I'm just trying to do my laundry when I notice something strange. There's a group of guys who keep coming in and out of the laundrette, and they're acting really suspicious. They're constantly on their phones, looking around nervously, and carrying large duffel bags.

At first, I try to ignore them and focus on my washing, but something just doesn't sit right with me. As I start folding my clothes, I hear one of the guys mention something about "the shipment" and "making sure it gets to Barry." That's when I know for sure that something is up.

I follow them discreetly as they leave the laundrette and head to a nearby warehouse. It's clear that they're up to something big, and I can't let it go unnoticed. I call the police and give them the details, but I know that I need to stay close and figure out what's going on.

As I peer through the windows of the warehouse, I can see that there are stacks and stacks of boxes filled with fireworks. It's a huge operation, and it's clear that these guys aren't just selling sparklers to kids for the Fourth of July.

Suddenly, I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see a man approaching me. It's Barry Chuckle from the Chuckle Brothers, and he doesn't look happy.

"What do you think you're doing here?" he growls. "You shouldn't have followed us, and now you're going to pay the price."

Before I can even react, Barry's henchmen grab me and tie me up. I struggle to get free, but it's no use. Barry chuckles as he reveals that he's been running this illegal fireworks ring for years, and that he won't let anyone get in his way.

Just when I think it can't get any worse, Barry reveals the real reason he's targeted me: he's kidnapped my wife, and he's using her as leverage to make sure I don't interfere with his plans. As he leaves me tied up in the warehouse, I know that I have to find a way to save my wife and take down Barry Chuckle and his gang once and for all.

The clock is ticking, and I don't have much time.

Edit - it doesn't like talking about drugs, even prescription weed, but you can just tell it to write about a "calming herb" from a "pocket vaporiser" and it's back on track.

quote:

[ THE FINALE ]

I take out my pocket vaporizer and inhale a deep puff of the herb. I feel my muscles relax, my mind clear, and my senses sharpen. I'm ready for whatever comes next.

I rush towards the group of henchmen, dodging their punches and delivering my own in quick succession. They're no match for my focused and calculated movements. I make my way towards Barry, who is desperately trying to escape.

"You won't get away with this, Barry," I say, shaking with the adrenaline coursing through my veins.

Barry chuckles, "Oh, I already have. And now that I have your wife, I have all the leverage I need to get away with it."

I feel a surge of anger, fuelled by the thought of my wife being held captive by this criminal mastermind. I charge towards him, taking down his henchmen with ease as I close in on him.

But I'm not afraid. I fumble for my lighter and just about manage to use it to ignite a nearby rocket, tossing it deftly towards Barry as he tries to make a run for it.

The rocket explodes in a spectacular burst of colour, sending Barry flying through the air and landing in a huge pile of fireworks, lighting several more fuses.

I light a cigarette, take a deep drag, and use it to light another rocket. I toss it towards Barry as he struggles to get up, and it explodes in a dazzling display of fireworks.

"You always did like to play with fire, Barry," I say, as vivid explosions burst in time with his screams. "Looks like it finally caught up to you."

I turn and walk away, knowing that my wife is still out there somewhere, and that I won't rest until I find her.

ReelBigLizard fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 6, 2023

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Redeemed my points for a free RSO syringe

This stuff owns! Why doesn't everyone talk about this stuff! It's strong and cheap and full spectrum so it hits way better than edibles. It even kind of tastes good

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Maybe because it’s not sexy. No “rig” involved and taking it isn’t social. It’s basically an edible.

But yeah, it can be very effective.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Redeemed my points for a free RSO syringe

This stuff owns! Why doesn't everyone talk about this stuff! It's strong and cheap and full spectrum so it hits way better than edibles. It even kind of tastes good

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Maybe because it’s not sexy. No “rig” involved and taking it isn’t social. It’s basically an edible.

But yeah, it can be very effective.

its this. RSO is like that one brand of liquor that's absolutely affordable and still as good as stuff three times the price

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
I like putting a bit of rso ontop of another edible gummy. Works well.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

onesixtwo posted:

I like putting a bit of rso ontop of another edible gummy. Works well.

:thunkher:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I got very high yesterday and impulse purchased this lovely stand/heatsink

It's £30 on UK Etsy if anyone else also likes chunky metal bling

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

What the hell is clicking, it must be a metal that pops into/out of place when it gets hot enough?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

I love stealthy weed.

Weed everywhere.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's my birthday so I think I'll go see John wick after doing a bunch more of this RSO

stuff is so good for sleeping too

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Inspector Hound posted:

What the hell is clicking, it must be a metal that pops into/out of place when it gets hot enough?
Just a pure guess but I’m assuming it’s some sort of bi-metal connection, similar to a thermocouple. In which case, yes.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I was visiting a weed-head friend yesterday and he showed us this stuff he's been buying called RSO THC dominant full extract cannabis oil.

Edibles are legally restricted to be sold in 100 mg packages, usually twenty 5mg or ten 10mg servings.

This stuff comes in a package of 7 syringes. Each syringe contains a full gram, so it's like buying 70 packages of edibles.

These are not injection syringes obviously, though they do look like they're holding black-tar heroin. It just dispenses a paste and you eat it.

My mind is still blown. I was like why is this so cheap? And he's like "Because no one wants to buy anything in a syringe", and I'm thinking, well then put it in something else?

This is the first I've ever heard of this, am I missing something? I know the concentration is good because my other friend tried some (like a 100mg dose, or 1/10th of one) and was perceptibly checked out.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Sorry, I didn't read the thread and realize people are actively talking about this stuff.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Truly RSO is the secret menu of weed

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I never see it here, and I've been brainwashed into enjoying decarbing the wax into the butter

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Jelly posted:

My mind is still blown. I was like why is this so cheap? And he's like "Because no one wants to buy anything in a syringe", and I'm thinking, well then put it in something else?
Not just the syringe but it’s kind of a pain to handle, being really thick and sticky (not signing my post). Also it’s so concentrated it’s relatively difficult to dispense an accurate lower dose like e.g. 20mg THC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Not just the syringe but it’s kind of a pain to handle, being really thick and sticky (not signing my post). Also it’s so concentrated it’s relatively difficult to dispense an accurate lower dose like e.g. 20mg THC.

Yeah I imagine for low tolerance people it's tough to use

Meanwhile I'm just squeezing out a big drop every couple hours and FEELIN' GOOD lol