Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbmJQq9S6Vs

i love dorky keanu

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

so like us

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Al! posted:

the aliens in that book might as well have come from Krankor

"The Phantom of crank whore?"

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Y'all got some of dat karrankor??

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

what if the only reason we're unable to interact with cosmic society is we can't tell the truth correctly? If a species discards some sort of collective failing, they start perceiving new dimensions where other intelligent species live. And they're all like "holy poo poo took you long enough, lets go bang on some holes"

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

There is at least some layer of it that's like that imo

But we will all be extremely dead and in the ground if/when we ever have that break thru collectively

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

coconono posted:

what if the only reason we're unable to interact with cosmic society is we can't tell the truth correctly? If a species discards some sort of collective failing, they start perceiving new dimensions where other intelligent species live. And they're all like "holy poo poo took you long enough, lets go bang on some holes"

Maybe the catastrophic epistemological breakdown our species is experiencing is the final labour pain before an honest consensus reality can be born

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Crossposting birds

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

I loving knew it!

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

i watched this last night, the clip of James Fox giving the "insider's perspective" on the recent congressional briefings was very, very interesting

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Rickshaw posted:

i watched this last night, the clip of James Fox giving the "insider's perspective" on the recent congressional briefings was very, very interesting

he will produce evidence of this right after the Varghina alien

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

my bony fealty posted:

he will produce evidence of this right after the Varghina alien

peggy hillishly “VaaaaaAAAAARGHINA!”

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I had a weird bird dream this morning that maybe the thread Dreamers could shed some insight on. i normally don't attribute meaning to dreams as they don't usually feel meaningful, but for whatever reason this did, big time. apologies to you that find dreams completely uninteresting. i get it, but i feel like i gotta get this down in text somewhere.

i was outside at some kind of get-together at a relative's house when I noticed a wet branch on the ground with a white animal tangled up in it. There was a feel like it had just stormed, so ostensibly the branch had fallen out of the tree i was under. someone's pet dog saw the animal and was lunging for it, so i grabbed it before it could be killed. it was a small white bird the size of a sparrow, but with a blunt head and beak like a pygmy owl. i was holding it by the body, pinching the legs between my fingers (like a birder would do, i did a bit of mist netting in a field bio course so i'm kinda aware of proper handling) it looked like it was mostly out, maybe dying.

suddenly i noticed it had a second pair of legs pointed back towards the tail and that freaked me out, so i inspected it a bit more closely. i unfolded its wings and saw it actually had two pairs of white wings stacked vertically like a totem. this really scared me so i handed the bird to a relative, told him to put it somewhere protected in the woods, and ran away saying i had to "do a cleansing ritual". for whatever reason seeing this animal in my hand dying had me disturbed on a spiritual level, which is pretty unlike my waking self. it was like i was letting something inside me by acknowledging/interacting with this bird. then there was also a woman about my age there i don't recognize that kind of admonished me for saying i needed cleansing, like i was wrong. i had the impression she knew what she was talking about.

i woke up and right away started trying to google that creature but i've come up with nothing, so i must've invented it wholecloth? anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Bird represents a delicate, easily smothered strangeness. It has owl characteristics so looking up owl symbolism in dreams is useful here, the wings code as angelic but i think symbolically is supposed to code the animal as a sacred or religious kind of strangeness.

Your unnerved reaction and desire to cleanse is your desire to push strange/aberrant stuff away, and the admonishment was probably the dream influence making the entire dream point as explicit as possible: you held in your hands a sacred and delicate thing and you abdicated your responsibility to it out of fear.

Thats me just interpreting what's in the post but i hope it fits.

Lackey
May 31, 2000

Monsters?
They look like monsters to you?

Thread mascot for today

Only registered members can see post attachments!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
obviously it is a combination of the symbolic songbird, and the symbolic owl, which is in mortal danger

this is an omen of the death of tranquility and wisdom

idk any two birds mythological chimeras and obviously no bird has >4 non hosed up limbs so :shrug:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lackey posted:

Thread mascot for today

Christina Ricci has REALLY let herself go

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
identifiable object... not a ufo

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I had a dream that I, family, and friends (although I recognized none of them, just knew they were) were starting to notice strange things that most obviously manifested as a red flash emanating from one of them. It slowly grew larger and became a visible red with black outlining circle in the air that would momentarily manifest. Eventually it formed a large square in the sky, which formed a barrier between two worlds, which I knew because one "cousin" ran across and passed behind the line but never emerged onto the other side, although the landscape was continuous to either side.

Shocked me awake.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Rickshaw posted:

Confirmation on what Fox was saying:

https://twitter.com/SawanPa77614095/status/1643616566007808002?t=avyg5_7pTDvo88CR2YxWNQ&s=19

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

that's not all that's being confirmed on twitter!

https://twitter.com/UAPTheory/status/1642934856777711636

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:stare:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/641662306413051906/1093349237858775040/Cropped_zoomed_then_slowed_down.mp4

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Here's another video where she does the same thing, in direct response to a question about where aliens are from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdsIIT90-9Q&t=5459s

Kinda feels like a staged stunt to play up the Russian mysticism angle or whatever the gently caress these videos are supposed to be.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
its fake. a lizard being would kever be able to regulate its body temperature in the russian tundra

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

My friend dug up this Reddit post compiling her apperances and her lizard blinks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/enpas2/zhanna_from_allatra_tv_continues_to_display/

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
the space lizards haven't figured out contact lenses yet for some reason.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Yeah yeah I saw the guy in Men in Black too

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

My friend dug up this Reddit post compiling her apperances and her lizard blinks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/enpas2/zhanna_from_allatra_tv_continues_to_display/

Lol wtf. Trying to figure out why conservative weirdos would do this

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

hypernornalization
:goonsay:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PokeJoe posted:

hypernornalization
:goonsay:

Surely you mean hypergrendelization, norns have round pupils

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

In contemporary Russia, unlike the old USSR or present-day North Korea, the stage is constantly changing: the country is a dictatorship in the morning, a democracy at lunch, an oligarchy by suppertime, while, backstage, oil companies are expropriated, journalists killed, billions siphoned away. Surkov is at the centre of the show, sponsoring nationalist skinheads one moment, backing human rights groups the next. It's a strategy of power based on keeping any opposition there may be constantly confused, a ceaseless shape-shifting that is unstoppable because it's indefinable.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Slavvy posted:

Lol wtf. Trying to figure out why conservative weirdos would do this

Why would mystics use a hot lady with a quirky physical trait (feigned or not) to hold viewers' attention and anticipation while they unconsciously absorb the broadcast message?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Lol it's 100000% cgi people don't just randomly have a totally different eye structure like it's an extra toe

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

He hinting at anything spicy or is it more slow roll-out

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Slavvy posted:

Lol it's 100000% cgi people don't just randomly have a totally different eye structure like it's an extra toe

i assure you my extra toe is cgi as well

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Here's another video where she does the same thing, in direct response to a question about where aliens are from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdsIIT90-9Q&t=5459s

Kinda feels like a staged stunt to play up the Russian mysticism angle or whatever the gently caress these videos are supposed to be.

And again at 1:33:30 or so. It's either the light or a something they're doing on purpose as a gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Slavvy posted:

Surely you mean hypergrendelization, norns have round pupils

hypergynocomastia
:qqsay: