Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spelling Mitsake posted:

"I've got no problem with anyone who chooses to use the stick tape, but it goes against my personal beliefs."

Bertuzzi doesn't use tape, or cap the end of his stick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Just devastating when your team can't clear the bar set by the loving jets' locker room

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/emma_lingan/status/1643377323356323843

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Barrie is a great dude and as much as I'm happy with the Ekholm trade, it sucks not getting to cheer for him as a person.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
the Panthers are figuring it out at exactly the right time I see. They're the potential wild card team I'd least like to face.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
They have a tougher schedule than the Pens but the Pens are already playing like they're ready for the golf course and pool.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Hurricanes have somehow found a way to hook/slash the puck carriers stick endlessly without getting a penalty, and good for them because it clearly works but gently caress does it suck to watch. Modern day clutch and grab

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm not even sure I want the Pens to get in any more. I mean I'd love to watch playoff hockey and I dunno how many more shots at it Crosby and Malkin will get, but this team is just awful. I don't think they'd win even a game against the Bruins. Legit think it'd be a four game sweep.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Boy am I glad we didn't send Mercer to the Sharks - kid is growing in confidence with every game.

e: they're saying it's his first Hatty - didn't he score one a while back?

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
That Flames loss to Chicago was so brutal lmao, could have been tied with the Jets for the last wildcard spot with a huge game against them tomorrow

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Don't look now, but the Kraken are one point away from clinching a playoff spot in their second year of existence, and I might get to see it live on Thursday's game against Arizona :)

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK
Swept by the Blackhawks, what a great season

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pungry posted:

Don't look now, but the Kraken are one point away from clinching a playoff spot in their second year of existence, and I might get to see it live on Thursday's game against Arizona :)

I hope it happens, friend

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/chrismpeters/status/1643236963804168193

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Misanthrope posted:

Swept by the Blackhawks, what a great season

I am done with the Nazem Kadri Experience

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

mennoknight posted:

You gotta give it to the man, he absolutely nailed having a total outlier offensive season in a contract year. Soon to be known as the Horvat hustle.

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I get the feeling Tom Wilson is about to have a David Clarkson career arc

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I kinda don't wanna take Bahl out of the lineup but otherwise where does Luke Hughes play

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm not even sure I want the Pens to get in any more. I mean I'd love to watch playoff hockey and I dunno how many more shots at it Crosby and Malkin will get, but this team is just awful. I don't think they'd win even a game against the Bruins. Legit think it'd be a four game sweep.

I'm ok with whatever gets Hextall fired.

If they get in they will be thoroughly embarrassed by the Bruins.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I think they'd take one game from the Bruins. And score a total of one (1) goal in the other four.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Not too worried about having to play the Kings in the first round. They're definitely coached by Todd McLellan.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the penguins looked like they weren’t aware there was a game last night. oddly lifeless performance.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

quote:

It was more fun to watch the Pirates tonight. That’s unspeakably bad and almost impossible to imagine in this era. The Penguins are painful.

This observation from the Pensburgh folks just about sums it up.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

They're ancient and it's April. They're out of gas.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This observation from the Pensburgh folks just about sums it up.
I'm hearing we should book the Pirates for the postseason now??

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Fifty Three posted:

I'm hearing we should book the Pirates for the postseason now??

I wouldn't say now but baseball seems bent on expanding the playoffs until all 30 teams are in. Even the Pirates.

Misanthrope
Jun 10, 2001

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

mennoknight posted:

Genuinely the most unlikeabe team in at least a couple of decades...

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Could a Flames fan explain all the reasons they hate their players please? A list would be wonderful.

Thank you godbless.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Misanthrope posted:

Genuinely the most unlikeabe team in at least a couple of decades...

And the next decade too because they're all signed forever

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Could a Flames fan explain all the reasons they hate their players please? A list would be wonderful.

Thank you godbless.

I like: Mikael Backlund, Jonathan Huberdeau (he's at least working out there) and that's it. the rest of them are not Johnny Gaudreau.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like how the Flames got spurned by Johnny Gaudreau so turned around and offered his replacement the exact same contract before he'd played a single game with them as a "see Johnny we're totally over you we never actually liked you anyways" thing and then that guy sucked.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

mennoknight posted:

I like: Mikael Backlund, Jonathan Huberdeau (he's at least working out there) and that's it. the rest of them are not Johnny Gaudreau.

I haven't watched any Flames games since like February but Ras was pretty cool too

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
I wonder how long the Flames will keep doing the Principal Skinner "Is my coach so out of touch? No, it's the players who are wrong."

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Larry Cum Free posted:

I wonder how long the Flames will keep doing the Principal Skinner "Is my coach so out of touch? No, it's the players who are wrong."

Flames would improved vastly if they just sacked their coach. This is based on nothing but I just know they would be better

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The Flames probably need a new coach but it also looks like a prime next coach wins the Jack Adams cause the goalies don't suck poo poo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Dave Hakstol might win the Adams this year and that is a gigantic lmao.

Edit: in fact I hope he does. It'll be the funniest possible outcome.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Dave Hakstol might win the Adams this year and that is a gigantic lmao.

Edit: in fact I hope he does. It'll be the funniest possible outcome.

There’s no way Montgomery doesn’t win it right?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

I hope Dave hakstol wins the Stanley cup

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Mind_Taker posted:

There’s no way Montgomery doesn’t win it right?

Yeah Montgomery will be drat near unanimous.

Hakstol won't even be nominated, Seattle are in 7th place. The nominees will be Montgomery, Ruff, and either DeBoer or Cassidy and Montgomery will run away with it.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Apr 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

WeaponX posted:

Flames would improved vastly if they just sacked their coach. This is based on nothing but I just know they would be better

He's the reigning Jack Adams winner lol. I love how it's just an award for "the team that most exceeded their pre-season expectations" now. Jon Cooper has never won it.