Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/TimesSport/status/1643575716532097024

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wazzerphuk
Feb 9, 2001

Hating Chelsea before it was cool
Winner of the PWM POTM for September
Winner of the PWM POTM for January
Co-Winner of the PWM POTM for March

Start your clocks. I'm going with 48 hours, maybe at a stretch he makes it to 5pm on Saturday

Also,

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Lmao x2

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol I knew there was a reason they kept showing him in the stands yesterday

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

please please please please

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I’m enjoying watching the team and having a pie at halftime too much! But seriously I’d love to help the team in anyway I can, if they rung I’d pick up!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Haha no but seriously, it's John Terry's turn to ruin the club

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

hell yeah

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

vyelkin posted:

Full kit management

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
"player" manager

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

vyelkin posted:

please please please please

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
todd will be thrilled to have a manager with such diverse business portfolio

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

the sex ghost posted:

"player" manager

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

:pray:

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
lampard has to have more pride than that, surely

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

Exactly, respect the chain o command!

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Surely they can't be that desperate?

I hope they are though

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Smacks of Liverpool rehiring Dalglish

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Eau de MacGowan posted:

lampard has to have more pride than that, surely

I would sell my pride for a lot less than Frank will be offered for his

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

popping in to say LMAOOOOO

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Chelsea to complete the sackings hattrick

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

God Chels please do it and then miss CL spots. Forcibly relegate them to Conference South

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:

the sex ghost posted:

"player" manager

“manager”

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
Lampard as an interim is fine.

He is obviously not a good manager, but Chelsea's season is also pretty much over. Not like they are going to win CL anyway, cant count on that AVB miracle happening again.

Could just have had Bruno be the manager I guess, but also a bit weird to have one of Potters men take over for the rest of the season.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

Woodenlung posted:

Lampard as an interim is fine.

He is obviously not a good manager, but Chelsea's season is also pretty much over. Not like they are going to win CL anyway, cant count on that AVB miracle happening again.

Could just have had Bruno be the manager I guess, but also a bit weird to have one of Potters men take over for the rest of the season.

i don't get what you'd pay money for him to do? At best they're getting what? COnference league or Europa league?

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity
I am sure they have some strange hope of doing Di Matteo.

But other than that, you do just need someone to take control anyway, and clearly Lampard was ready and willing. He knows the club and can come in and do a mediocre as gently caress job again, and maybe even get his son Mount to play again.

Bruno is a Potter man, and rumours has it he doesn't want to stay. Which makes sense.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
has anyone considered kepa loves to manage, and is probably the most economical choice

thanks todd my consultancy fee is £2MGBP tia

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Whoever takes the job is going to need a magic wand

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

What's weird is, if you just want to keep the lights on until the summer, what's wrong with the current guy?

Because if you're looking for your next "Permanent"(lol), it's not Lampard.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dudley posted:

What's weird is, if you just want to keep the lights on until the summer, what's wrong with the current guy?

You would think they have someone lined up to take the job in the Summer, but doesn't want it now. That is assuming they have any sort of plan, which is a huge assumption.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
When are they announcing Moyes has been sacked

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

Dudley posted:

they had to fire potter because the players kept making harry potter jokes and it was cringe

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lampard upset a bunch of the players last time he managed Chelsea because he didn't talk to them but blamed them when things were going wrong

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Lampard upset a bunch of the players last time he managed Chelsea because he didn't talk to them but blamed them when things were going wrong

That kind of man management worked wonders for him at Everton too

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Mickolution posted:

You would think they have someone lined up to take the job in the Summer, but doesn't want it now. That is assuming they have any sort of plan, which is a huge assumption.

I suppose if you're going to go around actively courting a permanent hire for the summer that would be a bit awkward with Potter still in charge, whereas an interim manager is less likely to be bothered.

Woodenlung
Dec 10, 2013

Calculating Infinity

Dudley posted:

He's a package deal with Potter, and also wants to leave with him.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Shrapnig posted:

Smacks of Liverpool rehiring Dalglish

Except Kenny had actual success with both Liverpool and Blackburn, whereas Fat Frank’s success is limited to nearly getting Derby promoted with Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori in the squad as a personal favor

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Troy Queef posted:

Except Kenny had actual success with both Liverpool and Blackburn, whereas Fat Frank’s success is limited to nearly getting Derby promoted with Mason Mount and Fikayo Tomori in the squad as a personal favor

I'm sure those trophies he won in the late 80s and early 90s really drove his 2011 Liverpool squad to that majestic 8th place finish

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Praying for lampard to somehow get sacked again this season. Ideally by getting Chelsea relegated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

^^ Hilarious though even I would find it, I suspect they stay up even if they don't win another point.

Nuclear Spoon posted:

they had to fire potter because the players kept making harry potter jokes and it was cringe

Obviously.

But I meant more the guy whose name I've already forgotten who took charge against Liverpool.