Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Silly Burrito posted:

gently caress yes Wisconsin. Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Dan Kelly's concession speech is a doozy.

https://twitter.com/arman_rahman96/status/1643439495688101890?t=PFhshJlqs4Q9Cq3BeAkL2A&s=19

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
It's time for the percolator

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The Barbie movie looks like it'll be extremely my jam and that it will be a great movie to take an edible like a half hour before going to see.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Both Barbie and Oppenheimer open the same weekend.

The only question is which film is first in that double feature.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Oppenheimer so I can take like an hour or two eat, maybe redose or get a drink. Gotta go from exisistential dread to Barbie's whole deal if I don't wanna be down. I'll also probably re-read the Baghavad Gita and my rare abridged copy of the Mahabharata before Oppenheimer so I can be extra annyoing about his alleged quote from the Baghavad Gita and puty part of my undergrad to some kind of use 12 years later.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hope it has Truman calling him a weenie.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Someone I know well managed to cost an NRL team he hates with a passion a couple hundred thousand dollars this week. Just a man with rage and a dream.

To give you guys the short version of a long story, a team launched a commemorative jersey for Anzac round (exactly what it sounds like - salute to service style stuff) and he noticed it was a using a graphic of american marines and not aussie soldiers. He recognised the silhouette of an m240B machine gun, which hasn't ever been used by or issued to Aussie forces. So we did some digging and found the image which was put together by an Iranian artist. So he sent the info about the machine gun, the original image and his concerns to the leading NRL journalist and got a call and bunch of emails in response.

Last night the story broke and the team put out a statement that they'd had the image cleared by the Aus army and department of defense and it was chosen from a stock image by their manufacturer as a representation of a modern solider. It's come out today that all of that was a lie and the team's had to issue an apology, refund all pre orders and rush to re-design the jersey.

As a result of the uproar and annoyance this has caused - this is a working class fan base with a large veteran population in their area, their largest supporters club and fanbase is planning to protest the club at their home ground this weekend. Demanding the head of the CEO and other prominent board members as the product on the field this year has been poo poo and there's clearly some rot in the administration.

This is a team that's had the wood over us for about 4 years now (they're 4-1 against us in the last 5 games), including giving us a whooping when we went to a game last year in a luxury box for a bucks night. He sent me a text last night saying "any other team I probably wouldn't have bothered, but gently caress em".

I can't stop laughing about it.

BlindSite fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Apr 5, 2023

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

BlindSite posted:

Someone I know well managed to cost an NRL team he hates with a passion a couple hundred thousand dollars this week. Just a man with rage and a dream.

To give you guys the short version of a long story, a team launched a commemorative jersey for Anzac round (exactly what it sounds like - salute to service style stuff) and he noticed it was a using a graphic of american marines and not aussie soldiers. He recognised the silhouette of an m240B machine gun, which hasn't ever been used by or issued to Aussie forces. So we did some digging and found the image which was put together by an Iranian artist. So he sent the info about the machine gun, the original image and his concerns to the leading NRL journalist and got a call and bunch of emails in response.

Last night the story broke and the team put out a statement that they'd had the image cleared by the Aus army and department of defense and it was chosen from a stock image by their manufacturer as a representation of a modern solider. It's come out today that all of that was a lie and the team's had to issue an apology, refund all pre orders and rush to re-design the jersey.

As a result of the uproar and annoyance this has caused - this is a working class fan base with a large veteran population in their area, their largest supporters club and fanbase is planning to protest the club at their home ground this weekend. Demanding the head of the CEO and other prominent board members as the product on the field this year has been poo poo and there's clearly some rot in the administration.

This is a team that's had the wood over us for about 4 years now (they're 4-1 against us in the last 5 games), including giving us a whooping when we went to a game last year in a luxury box for a bucks night. He sent me a text last night saying "any other team I probably wouldn't have bothered, but gently caress em".

I can't stop laughing about it.

lol that's the loving dream as a rival fan, congrats to you and your friend

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Presuming this is the story about Wests? I might have to forward the story (not your recounting, but the published ones I just checked and saw) to a couple writers in the US who focus on uniform stuff and always love to dig in when this performative Are Troops stuff happens.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That is a level of pettiness I aspire to. Buy that man a beer the next time you have a chance for me.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

gently caress man, I woke up giddy that Johnson won in Chicago last night. Partly because I think Johnson really does have some good ideas, but also because Vallas would have been god awful. Also because so many party bigwigs came out for Vallas and now they have to eat poo poo realizing that maybe they don't have that much sway over the voters anymore. We have a real union backed candidate coming in to office, against the wishes of the party. Feels good man.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

Someone I know well managed to cost an NRL team he hates with a passion a couple hundred thousand dollars this week. Just a man with rage and a dream

Your friend rocks.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Man, I wish we lived somewhere with any sort of political hope.

Closest thing we had was Joe Cunningham. While he was fine, he had the red state democrat disavowal disease and bipartisanship poisoning.

Also he was a one term rep. Womwom.

We do have some variety though—our officials run the gamut from dead eyed corporate shills to blood gargling fascists.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Dan Kelly is a salty rear end binch let’s gooo

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

Dan Kelly is a salty rear end binch let’s gooo

It really is a hilarious temper tantrum!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
https://twitter.com/thomas__barker/status/1643396957837352960?t=lfEMgGMnb4kPV5L7J-yMxw&s=19

Good morning

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LeeMajors posted:

Man, I wish we lived somewhere with any sort of political hope.

Closest thing we had was Joe Cunningham. While he was fine, he had the red state democrat disavowal disease and bipartisanship poisoning.

Also he was a one term rep. Womwom.

We do have some variety though—our officials run the gamut from dead eyed corporate shills to blood gargling fascists.

Yup, it's just... great.

SC Dem party is pretty worthless

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Shinji2015 posted:

Yup, it's just... great.

SC Dem party is pretty worthless

Florida Lite

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/mattbors/status/1643360996612796417?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ
Hang it up next to the Tom Brady courtroom sketch.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

Florida Lite

Widespread lead poisoning?

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1643614670622793731?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Chicago is full of lead pipes and we somehow just elected a progressive mayor, so there's no excuse.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I can no longer keep up with all the ways I’m being poisoned tbqh

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That’s shocking - Florida was developed fairly recently so i expected most to have copper. I know that the folks in my family build every one of their developments (and this was in the 80s) with copper piping (in the cheap apartments they’d use galvanized but that’s still way above LEAD)

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Can't wait for the Pipe Freedom Bill to be signed into law By DeSantis that gives Floridians the choice to keep their God given lead pipes.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Shortly after he will ban all bent pipes for being gay

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Can't wait for the Pipe Freedom Bill to be signed into law By DeSantis that gives Floridians the choice to keep their God given lead pipes.

I whole heartedly encourage his supporters to grind up and ingest as much lead as possible.

TBIs... Good??

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I whole heartedly encourage his supporters to grind up and ingest as much lead as possible.

Doesn’t eating lead make you go crazy? We have enough of that as is now, no need to add more.

Nov 6, 2002

Good thing for the skateboarder that guy wasn't Kyle Rittenhouse.

Also, lol:

https://twitter.com/boltcountry17/status/1643443656010104832

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Silly Burrito posted:

Doesn’t eating lead make you go crazy? We have enough of that as is now, no need to add more.

I mean it's Florida politics. Would it really change much?

I'm talking putting it in every meal, making lead pudding, lead slushies, lead mixers. Go hog wild and show those scientists who's boss.

Dying of lead poisoning to own the libs.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

I mean it's Florida politics. Would it really change much?

I'm talking putting it in every meal, making lead pudding, lead slushies, lead mixers. Go hog wild and show those scientists who's boss.

Dying of lead poisoning to own the libs.

Just remind them how delicious lead paint was and watch The Villages disappear.

Nov 6, 2002

The universe says, not so fast.

https://twitter.com/_lucillesherman/status/1643313744720658433

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

She ran as fairly liberal democrat in a very blue district, so a lot of people are wondering what the gently caress is going on

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, this poo poo is real bizarre. Given the huge blue lean in her district, though, is there a procedure for a recall? This seems like a legitimate case for one.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

The Glumslinger posted:

She ran as fairly liberal democrat in a very blue district, so a lot of people are wondering what the gently caress is going on

Wonder what her price was.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was just thinking earlier, it's almost 6 months since Ft. Lauderdale got whacked by that hurricane. We had a goon or two with family down there, any update on how the rebuild is going?

Neil Armbong posted:

Wonder what her price was.

Pretty much the long and short of it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Flying to Chicago tomorrow for the weekend to see a buddy and I am hype. Gonna do the rooftops for the Cubs game on Saturday

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

I was just thinking earlier, it's almost 6 months since Ft. Lauderdale got whacked by that hurricane. We had a goon or two with family down there, any update on how the rebuild is going?

I’m outside Fort Lauderdale and nothing really happened here. It was parts of the west coast that got hosed up, but I can’t recall if any thread regulars live over there…

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

One of the takes I saw was "she didn't vote in lockstep with Dems on guns and got a lot of pushback" as if this is some sort of spite-switch which, lol, if you're a politician in the Democratic party and can't stomach their views on guns at this point I don't know what to tell you. Being bought off is much more likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Pretty much the long and short of it.

I think you're referring to me? I have extended family in Clearwater but TBH I have no idea how they're doing now.