Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

2 New 2 Vegas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

That's a big boy.

https://twitter.com/DaiIySWGames/status/1643675115752927236?t=HGaVPVb_J6Jl2FDj9AxARw&s=19

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I dunno he seems kinda mid

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

They’ve added hundreds of new ponchos

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Pray that it does not increase any further!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

All those vistas ain't cheap.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
hpow much could one role-playing game be, 155gb?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

This is good for my dollar to gigabyte ratio.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I’ll always remember Age of Conan being 40gb on like, four dvds, five? And thinking that was absolutely absurd. What a fool I was.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I remember reading an article about William Shatner's TekWar that noted it took up 50 Mb and wondered if games were getting too large.

Orv
May 4, 2011
You’d never be able to plug in enough mice to run that.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ultrafilter posted:

I remember reading an article about William Shatner's TekWar that noted it took up 50 Mb and wondered if games were getting too large.

loving love TekWar. What a steaming pile of poo poo that game was https://youtu.be/5Tnqs2OIM44

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone knows that Bethesda wouldn't be able to make anything close to New Vegas even if their loving lives depended on it.
They will never make one as good, but on the other hand all they need is durability meters and slightly lovely surplus ammo and people would trip over themselves to call it it more realistic than Fallout 4. (I never played 76, for all I know they already brought back weapon durability)

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Jack Trades posted:

Everyone knows that Bethesda wouldn't be able to make anything close to New Vegas even if their loving lives depended on it.

no but Bethesda and obsidian are both under the same ownership now :pray:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

no but Bethesda and obsidian are both under the same ownership now :pray:

That's not a good thing lmao

Orv
May 4, 2011
Announcing Zenimax Online Studio's New Vegas Online!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Fun Times! posted:

lol yes it is lmao lol :lol:

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

The 7th Guest posted:

Hammerwatch II

Well I hope they didn't do the same mistakes as the fir-- (seeing an archer kiting helplessly back ad nasium) -- ah, nevermind.

The 7th Guest posted:

- Lil Guardsman announced, a very Cartoon Networky take on Papers Please with the ability to rewind time. 2023 TBD.

Storytelling and flavour aside (which is a big aside admittedly, like most of the game), the entire point of Paper Please's gameplay loop was not being able to go back and fix your mistakes, and living with the consequences of being fallible.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I wonder if there are just fixed events that happen at a point in time and you can rewind and go back to that point and time and it's just a replay that decision type of deal.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Fun Times! posted:

It's good in terms of Obsidian having plenty of licenses they're allowed to play with now

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://store.steampowered.com/app/252190/Defenders_Quest_2_Mists_of_Ruin/

It's finally happening.

2023 target.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

Holy poo poo yaaaas!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
look at the gams on her! yowza zowie wowie

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

It's good in terms of Obsidian having plenty of licenses they're allowed to play with now

Aren't they working on Outer Worlds 2 and Avowed?

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
she's got legs that go on forever (they keep bifurcating)

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Waste of Breath posted:

she's got legs that go on forever (they keep bifurcating)
steadiest motherfucker in the galaxy

Orv
May 4, 2011

Sab669 posted:

Aren't they working on Outer Worlds 2 and Avowed?

Outer Worlds 2 for sure, have they said a single thing about Avowed since that announce trailer?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I don't think theres been much on Avowed. Its probably gonna be at least a year+ until that gets released

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/tLRn3vd.mp4

Orv
May 4, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I don't think theres been much on Avowed. Its probably gonna be at least a year+ until that gets released

Okay I admittedly forgot it was 2020, it was right in the middle of the Time Hole in my defense, felt more like it'd been announced five or six ago.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

zoux posted:

It's not like it's consistent across media, they cut off limbs all the time but you see some Jedi going ham through a group of dudes with body slashes and they just do the old *ya got me* instead of being in half. How do you even stab someone with a lightsaber without them sliding down on it and coming out the top of their head, as should've happened to Han Solo

I liked this video for a take on light sabre fighting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAzY28C8Syc

Orv
May 4, 2011
Extreme nerd nitpick time; if a lightsaber blade is weightless and the Force is what lets you use one without slicing your own face off (which I assume has been contradicted in various EU stuff like eighty thousand times) why aren't the streets out back of the Jedi Temple filled with the bodies of poo poo padawans?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Orv posted:

Extreme nerd nitpick time; if a lightsaber blade is weightless and the Force is what lets you use one without slicing your own face off (which I assume has been contradicted in various EU stuff like eighty thousand times) why aren't the streets out back of the Jedi Temple filled with the bodies of poo poo padawans?
My friends and I joke it is basically deadly DRM. Lightfoils are safe but every game system I have seen them in has vague shrug rules of "Oh if you upgrade them to be not slightly more lovely than a basic lightsaber, you need the force to use them now." Even though a lightfoil is already more powerful than a little tiny light shoto so by that logic a lightfoil should be impossible to use by default.

Power, weight, counterweight, none of that matters. It is all about brand recognition being if you kill yourself with a space sword or not. "We installed a knob on our lightfoil, the closer it gets to Light Saber TM, the more dangerous it is to hold."

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Apr 6, 2023

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Well the blades are weightless, but we can clearly see in Episode 1 that carving open a heavy metal door takes significant effort. In the heat of combat, perhaps the force it takes to carve through flesh is enough to disrupt form, and so it is preferred to make shallow slashes with the tip. Obviously in certain situations it may be a strategic choice in a high stakes situation (Darth maul cleft in twain) or otherwise mechanically assisted (Vader cutting Luke's hand off).

Now someone tell me what a twilek's dick looks like

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

Waste of Breath posted:

Turn off your monitor

Orv
May 4, 2011

Waste of Breath posted:

Well the blades are weightless, but we can clearly see in Episode 1 that carving open a heavy metal door takes significant effort. In the heat of combat, perhaps the force it takes to carve through flesh is enough to disrupt form, and so it is preferred to make shallow slashes with the tip. Obviously in certain situations it may be a strategic choice in a high stakes situation (Darth maul cleft in twain) or otherwise mechanically assisted (Vader cutting Luke's hand off).

Nah it definitely goes straight through your basic dork without any problems.

Also; cephalopod.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

Maybe after they release Avowed in 2037.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Star Wars isn’t exactly consistent about this poo poo. People regularly point out that you could simply turn the lightsaber off and back on to free it in a duel and the official response is “uh the sith and Jedi both agreed not to do that”

Harry Potter-rear end worldbuilding

Orv
May 4, 2011
I could have sworn they pull that in one of the sequel trilogy set piece fights but I don’t 100% remember. The one with all the stupid looking red guys?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Which version of Skyrim should I buy on Steam (I have my 11-11-11 DVD copy still) in order to get the most compatible with up-to-dare mods/complete latest updates? I don’t mind paying :20bux: for a current copy, but good Lord the game is 12 years old and there are so many versions I cannot figure out the “buy one and done” of it!