Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
The way I keep the game fun now that I’m s3 complete is just by focusing pretty much only on booster farming to try to bling out my main deck without caring that much about w/l. I just want all the inks/golds/krackles I can get on my favorite deck! Also keep things fresh by playing at least one new deck every week for a couple of games a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004
I switched to this Electro Ramp with Sandman deck https://marvelsnapzone.com/tier-list/#Electro_Ramp and it's been doing pretty good against Shuri.

Just doing dailies today, I had one game with T4 Shuri, T5 opponent skips (probably for a SheHulk/Taskmaster T6) but I drop Sandman. They retreat.
Second game, opponent drops a Shuri'd Redskull T5 in the right lane. My middle land is stuffed and I'm not ahead by much. I'm also only ahead by a few points in the left lane, which was Negative Zone. I also have Electro out, so they snap. But, I have Shang Chi in hand and priority so I snap back. T6 I drop Shang Chi and their Taskmaster in the left lane whiffs. They drop Zero mid to take it but it doesn't matter now. Nice 8 cubes there.

I really tried to give Lockjaw a go with this deck https://marvelsnapzone.com/decks/lockjaw-thor-4/ but I wasn't really getting anywhere. Even with 5 cards at 3 or less, I was just bricking way too often, and there are 0 tech cards to deal with Galactus, Shuri, or Sera. Sandman and Aero really are MVPs when you draw either of them, and if you can draw them both in one game it'll usually seal a win.

cgeq fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 5, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So what's the over-under on Hit Monkey being nerfed? Because I'm thinking he should have been a +1 from the start.

Also I haven't had Lockjaw long, but I think any list that includes him and Jubilee is flawed.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Walla posted:

Also I haven't had Lockjaw long, but I think any list that includes him and Jubilee is flawed fun.

Correct.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I haven't seen a successful hit monkey played against me yet and I'm not ready to try it myself

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011
Been doing okay with the monkey, can get 10+ on a good run, but I haven't encountered anyone using it half as well so far.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Definitely fun. One of my favorite decks was a Jubilee deck. Maybe I should make it again now that I have Electro. Just some ramp, Jubilee and big cards.

I just don't think her and Lockjaw work well together.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I didn't realize until today that the effect on X-Mansion was a pun. X-Mansion gifts you a card because it's the school for gifted youngsters.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Walla posted:

So what's the over-under on Hit Monkey being nerfed? Because I'm thinking he should have been a +1 from the start.

Also I haven't had Lockjaw long, but I think any list that includes him and Jubilee is flawed.

I'm playing Galactus with Sandman. The monkey may as well not exist.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I missed this deck. I forgot how much fun it is. I should probably add Aero though.

Vanilla Bison
Mar 27, 2010

Walla posted:

If Hit Monkey gets nerfed it won't be by turning him into extremely lovely Bishop.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Hit Monkey is fine. No need for a nerf at all. There's just not enough room on the board for it to get truly stupid and there are some real natural predators to that deck.

In other news, I got pixel Spider-Man and I actually kind of like it?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Walla posted:

The whole point of Jubilee is to pull a big card to a different lane or late double up on your Lock lane. You usually win your Lockjaw lane easily but have a harder time getting a second. That's part of what makes Vision so great in Lockjaw as well.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Once I added Thanos to my Lockjaw deck Jubilee was obsoleted. She was very useful previously as a way to get that one-two punch but once you have Thanos you'll probably be able to get the location completely full on the next turn anyway.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

What's a good Hit Monkey deck? I've used him a couple times and he seems just okay, but if folks are already calling for a nerf I must be missing out on something.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Walla posted:

I missed this deck. I forgot how much fun it is. I should probably add Aero though.

How big is Dino in that deck usually?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Hobo Clown posted:

What's a good Hit Monkey deck? I've used him a couple times and he seems just okay, but if folks are already calling for a nerf I must be missing out on something.

I've seen two things that work - Mysterio, and kicking him back to your hand with Beast. That said, I think he's fine, you can use all the same tactics on Bishop or Angela.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Hobo Clown posted:

I think that says more about them than it does hit monkey

based on streams/etc, the best use so far seems to be in a bounce shell with bast/darkhawk where you can have some stupidly explosive t6 plays off beasted 1 drops/bast’d mysterio/demon(s) if you don’t get disrupted (very easy to do via wave/sandman/leech/locations/etc)

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I'd feel bad dropping Leech the same turn someone plays Magick, but they had a Red Skull avatar so gently caress them.

Edit: It looks like the Marvelsnap tracker now includes tiered ranking? Not sure if it's post-patch or based on the game/app.

Ninurta fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 6, 2023

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Sometimes I feel this game is stacking the deck against me ahead of time.

I play Galactus deck and my first three games I don't draw Galactus, then I get it too late for the fourth, then no ramp cards for the fifth, and then central park shows up for the sixth and doesn't give me cloak.

:negative:

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.

Chainclaw posted:

This is the cruelest I've seen the game be to someone. Scarlet Witch -> Lamentis, and then X-Mansion -> Modok.

https://clips.twitch.tv/MushyResoluteJuiceDxCat-hbqbNRU_lS9fwqlo

Brode had his fingers all over the RNG calculator for that one.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I don't know why I'm playing this electro ramp deck when my favorite move is to just drop Aero and then Odin and make sure all their cards are in one neat little spot.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Push El Burrito posted:

I don't know why I'm playing this electro ramp deck when my favorite move is to just drop Aero and then Odin and make sure all their cards are in one neat little spot.

Doesn’t work so well since the Aero nerf.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Absorbing man worth the free season 3 pull?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Absorbing man worth the free season 3 pull?
Sure why not

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

victorious posted:

How big is Dino in that deck usually?

Usually around 9 or 11. Not huge, but respectable.

It's very similar to Sean's list. If you have Black Panther then his is probably better.

It's very simple to pilot. Psylocke on 2 for Jubilee on 3, only if you have either Wave or Electro in hand. Preferably both.

Electro on 3 if you have Sandman in hand. Otherwise Wave on 3 for a 6 drop on 4, but you're probably better off retreating.

Honestly Wave might be bad in this list.

I don't really try to climb with this list, I just find it a lot of fun. I think you could climb with it if you're disciplined and snap and retreat properly.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Apr 6, 2023

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Got this deck from GetRekt on KMs discord and it has been putting in work.

# (1) Sunspot
# (1) Nightcrawler
# (1) Titania
# (2) Daredevil
# (2) Goose
# (3) Storm
# (3) Juggernaut
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Spider-Man
# (5) Professor X
# (6) Doctor Doom
# (6) Magneto
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikp1Z2dlcm5hdXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik1hZ25ldG8ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlBvbGFyaXMifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlByb2Zlc3NvclgifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkRhcmVkZXZpbCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRHJEb29tIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTcGlkZXJNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlN0b3JtIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTdW5zcG90In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaXRhbmlhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJOaWdodGNyYXdsZXIifV19
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Requires a little more thought than most decks since every card matters but it just wins once you click with it.

psychopomp
Jan 28, 2011

Hobo Clown posted:

Just chuck it in a sera control deck

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Walla posted:

So what's the over-under on Hit Monkey being nerfed?

Did you mean likelihood?

That’s not how over/under works.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Is he really a card that needs nerfing already?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

They preemptively nerfed him by changing Quinjet last month and buffing Sandman in February.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Hit Monkey is fine. Please don't be Reddit.
If you truly think Hit Monkey is too strong, please try playing 10 games in a row with him.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
I played Hit Monkey for 30 games. In the first 20, I got to play him once, for a total of 4 power on the board. Which is crazy considering he's a 2 power card. Bizarre run of luck I guess.

The next 10 I actually got to use him more. He's fine. Seems slightly worse than MODOK and quite a bit better than Nimrod.

I wish they would do a more thorough balance pass and address the piles of bad cards in the game, rather than just nerfing the high end stuff.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Yeah, Hit Monkey is honestly a great season pass card. It's powerful enough that you want to experiment and try it in as many decks as you can but it also requires a certain amount of luck and skill to make really pop off.

It's not just broken like Surfer and Zabu were on release (I think both of these cards are in great states right now too) but also not hard to really make worthwhile like Nimrod.

Losing to it sucks but losing to any card sucks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

To be clear, I don't think Hit Monkey needs to be nerfed though he does seem slightly over-tuned. But I don't have him yet.

I have seen many call him broken though I actually haven't played much against him. That's why I ask.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

I started the season at rank 70, I've played nothing but Hit Monkey, and now I'm at rank 72. If he's broken I'm just bad.
this is possible :negative:

e: And the reason I'm playing him so much is that he is actually super fun! I've tried Negative Monkey and Moon Monkey; haven't put together a Sera Monkey list yet.

Devo fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Apr 6, 2023

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
Bounce Monkey is really fun, though it's not necessarily super strong.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Hit Monkey decks simply fold to Sandman or Leech or Galactus or Wave, or a variety of clutter decks, bad location draws, etc.

It's another in a long line of interesting miracle decks, that have always been decently strong. Sera control/miracle has been an a solid Tier 1 or 2 deck for ages.

I wonder how we'd be thinking about it if Kitty hadn't been disabled. And I wonder how things will play out once they work out how to keep Shuri under decent control.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm going to invoke the most misapplied term in card games. I think hit monkey is kinda win-more in Sera because he's strong in games where you're popping off with a lot of space and Sera is already very favored. I think he has much more potential in bounce flavors because bouncing with no real payoff is a thing that can happen with the deck.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hitmonkey works with wong and mystique, as I just found out by getting hit with a 17 power one on turn 6