Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
between me entering armored core brain again and stranger of paradise coming out on steam tomorrow i think ichiban is going to have to wait a bit longer for me to get back into his game

by the way armored core nexus kinda sucks. i dont recommend this one. i'm kinda glad i'm so close to the end of it and i'm probably not gonna bother at all with the second disc lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also i will probably get back into Asuras Wrath after my current pokemon brain virus phase ends

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Covid has slowed my maybe ADHD brain down enough that I've sat down and finally made a good dent in BR2

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Colonel posted:

yeah i play Double DeaLing Character

This is genuinely what my brain goes to whenever I see ddlc.

Very confusing.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

you know a good way to support the western indie dev vn scene is to buy misericorde: volume one which just came out a few days ago and is really good~

i'm gonna check this out it looks cool

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm also gonna check out the paper mario romhack that turns the cake baking minigame into overcooked

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Looper posted:

i'm gonna check this out it looks cool

godspeed gamer 🫡

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

That VN looks neat, I'll add that to my list of itch.io things to buy.

Continuing the slowest playthrough of Shadow Hearts 2 while work is slow a few hours a week, I've defeated Rasputin and am going around getting some sidequest stuff done now. I absolutely love all the wolf fights and how they're all distinctly designed characters for being pretty small parts of the game. It's stuff like that and every single NPC having a descriptive name that makes me really love this game. I didn't dislike Yuri in the first game but I'm really enjoying his character in 2, and he has some very funny lines and line reads. The voice acting in general since Koudelka with these games has been very impressive.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh good I found somewhere no one posted this yet

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1643751783645466625?t=Kh3h0a5TtXQgHW2Yz4QegA&s=19

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am always excited when a game has multiple font options

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
that new font looks like crap too, sad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
too small. make it bigger. rear end

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It'll be bigger on my 60 inch TV

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I get not liking smooth stock fonts slapped into old pixel games, but when we're comparing this to SNES/GBA it feels like splitting hairs. I don't have any nostalgia for SNES and think it looks too chunky and while I do for GBA this is probably more readable.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I am glad that the new font is more legible than the default English PC font. I will try not to have any further opinions about the matter.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Looks like they went from a horrible font to a meh font, rather than the good font that modders have added to the pc versions.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Posters ITT admitting to paying money to Nintendo for Internet privileges 😩

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There's prob some team overlap,. so now that they are going to finish up with the FF Pixel Remasters once and for all, maybe we can finally get the Dragon Quest III Pixel Remaster that is taking a suspiciously long time to finish, sometime this year.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
thats not a pixel remaster that s an hd 2d

avoraciopoctules
Oct 22, 2012

What is this kid's DEAL?!

Snooze Cruise posted:

this felt like me casting a spell and then there was some spell nullification, i mean this in the jrpg way and not the harry potter way

If it makes you feel any better, when I heard that the person who did Misericorde did a podcast in this thread, that persuaded me to check out the podcast.

Misericorde looks really cool and it has been recommended by people I respect (I believe the artist did some work for the A More Civilized Age podcast, which rocks.), but I prefer to avoid gruesome/especially violent games, and when I saw the content warnings I decided to stay clear. I'm glad to hear they have been involved in other stuff.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

The Colonel posted:

thats not a pixel remaster that s an hd 2d

Essentially the same thing, with one trying to preserve the pixel look specifically more than the other, but both using higher definition versions of retro-style graphics.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Oh yeah, that's a much better font than on PC, though I'm assuming the PC versions will probably get that patched in when the console versions launch.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Also added features: turn off random encounters; and crank up EXP gain to up to 4x.

e: Those might already be in PRs, I never played the Steam/Mobile versions, but they're playing it up in the advertising at least

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Posters ITT admitting to paying money to Nintendo for Internet privileges 😩

kicking you off the family plan

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ace Transmuter posted:

Also added features: turn off random encounters; and crank up EXP gain to up to 4x.

e: Those might already be in PRs, I never played the Steam/Mobile versions, but they're playing it up in the advertising at least
No, afaik those are new. Again, hopefully the Steam versions aren't now the neglected child and we early adopters get a patch for the console launch.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

mycot posted:

There was a tweet teasing a "new direction for the series" that in retrospect is obviously referring to the VN, is that what you're thinking of?

And I don't remember Lisa or its fanbase ever advertising the game as progressive. :psyduck: You might be thinking of another slightly embarrassing developer interview that tends to pop up in this thread about an entirely different subject where the dev seemed dismissive toward jrpgs?

I don't know how I worded that so badly that I seemed to be implying that LISA was progressive??? I was aiming more towards the latter, those were supposed to be two different thoughts, not connected to each other. One was about Sonic, the other wss about LiSA, that's why they weren't merged in one.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

E: nm

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 6, 2023

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

e: nm too ^

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

RareAcumen posted:

I don't know how I worded that so badly that I seemed to be implying that LISA was progressive??? I was aiming more towards the latter, those were supposed to be two different thoughts, not connected to each other. One was about Sonic, the other wss about LiSA, that's why they weren't merged in one.

Ah I didn't quote it but was I was referring to the "people making a game and acting like they're Superman saving the planet from a meteor annihilation" part of the post, and since the rest of the thread was making fun of Dream Daddy being held up as progressive and you said "the same thing happened to Lisa" I thought that's what you were saying? I'm still confused.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
they mean more in a "savior of the genre" type of way instead of being progressive

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
still a timeless example of this

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

I only wish it also had Mark Leung Revenge of the Bitch in there too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9492QTwljuc

finished armored core nexus and decided to mess around with nine breaker a bit before i get to last raven and. it is loving me up. why is nine breaker's main theme so cheerful. this is the most bright and happy armored core has ever been. this game sounds like armored core on summer vacation

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Snooze Cruise posted:

they mean more in a "savior of the genre" type of way instead of being progressive

Thank you for the assist, that's exactly what I meant.

I could've swore there was some dumb article about him after the game came out! That's exactly it!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

RareAcumen posted:

I could've swore there was some dumb article about him after the game came out! That's exactly it!

honestly have like. no idea what he means here to this day. it's a lot of stuff you can only say if you've only played like. two rpgs

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
well you need to understand is that he didn't played two rpgs according that article, he watched his brother play 2 rpgs

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why even make a game in that genre if you hate it that much?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why even make a game in that genre if you hate it that much?

rpg maker was easier to use than game maker

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn’t LISA combat basically just earthbound?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
jrpgs and VNs tend to have more accessible gave development tools compared to other genres, which tends to be a piece of the puzzle that gets overlooked here on why those genres attract those types.