Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

DC Murderverse posted:

Pretty sure May 15th is too early to be Memorial Day

OH lmao yeah you're right, that's the 29th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I was gonna say, if it's actually releasing on Memorial Day weekend, there's suddenly gonna be a whole lot less nerds at the convention I'm going to that weekend. :kiddo:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

mandatory lesbian posted:

The first one is bad bc it made me cry in the theater, as i was 8

tell me what are we fighting for 😢

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Mario the 4th be with you

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Mario film: Big lol that the blue shell koopa is literally a suicide bomber.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The movie is good. Professional critics who dislike it are dumb and wrong and unattractive to their desired sex partners.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mega64 posted:

You're all talking about the wrong Mario movie imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYDmBdUalgo

I will watch every in-depth reverse-engineering Mario64 video.

And almost no other videos.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hammer Bro. posted:

I will watch every in-depth reverse-engineering Mario64 video.

And almost no other videos.

Pannenkoek's great return.

If anyone else needs a reason to watch this, this is the Half A-Press guy.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Films a real 7/10, walk, don't run!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Finally got Neon White. Beat the first set of levels and just loving wow. This game is incredibly fun. I avoided it for long time thinking "I don't like FPS games much," and "I really hate deck-builders or games with cards," and I was an idiot because it's not really either.

It's an arcadey Mirror's Edge pretty much and maybe it gets more action-oriented, but I am really liking how it plays. It's got rather mediocre voice acting and writing, which I suppose comes from standard clichés present in anime or manga, but the gameplay is smooth like butter. Fantastic in that regard and thanks to the goon, I think KingSlime, who kept talking it up for so long.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Motto posted:

there's some silly quotes but it's funny to act like snooty critics are biased against kids movies right after the D&D and shrek cat movies did really well with them

it's always funny making fun of critics, nobody needs them lol

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
wife took the kid to see it. my 7 year old loved it and is convinced that
some sort of blue mushroom and ice flower?? are hidden in his copy of mario odyssey and he has to find them.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

mastershakeman posted:

wife took the kid to see it. my 7 year old loved it and is convinced that
some sort of blue mushroom and ice flower?? are hidden in his copy of mario odyssey and he has to find them.

Oh god, it's Stop n' Swop all over again!

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
My coworker wants to watch a movie for his birthday so I’m taking him to see Mario. I’d take my four year-old niece but she didn’t even appreciate The Seventh Seal when we watched that so I’m not going to bother.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
From the FF thread:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Better font

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Please be like $30 for all of them.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Please be like $30 for all of them.

You're off by an order of magnitude.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

You're off by an order of magnitude.

$3?? Wow, it's vampire survivors pricing!!

Edit it's 75 for all of them

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

The idea that SE is charging for these games at all is absurd

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

yep. they should give out these games for free for some reason

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

A collection of games for 30 on the Switch... oh man, get a load of this guy

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
You guys know how some video games have copy protection so that say for example batman won't do his glide move if it's a pirated copy

Does Nintendo do anything like that? I want to make a joke about people pirating the mario movie but in their copy mario doesn't jump or something. But I need an example. God I'm so close to a really funny post

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

WHY BONER NOW posted:

You guys know how some video games have copy protection so that say for example batman won't do his glide move if it's a pirated copy

Does Nintendo do anything like that? I want to make a joke about people pirating the mario movie but in their copy mario doesn't jump or something. But I need an example. God I'm so close to a really funny post

Earthbound famously crashed on the final boss if it detected a pirated game.

google result posted:

Having lots of enemies is annoying, but doesn’t make the game unplayable. So one final layer of protection was added to prevent pirates from fully enjoying the game – the game will freeze your game during the final battle with Giygas, delete all your save games, and then reset.

Don't know how this helps your joke though, sorry

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

mycot posted:

Earthbound famously crashed on the final boss if it detected a pirated game.

Not just that, the amount of enemies you encountered on the field was far higher, like 10 times the amount you'd normally see.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

WHY BONER NOW posted:

There's a bunch in Mario games specifically. But I don't remember them off hand. I think Mario Kart Wii makes the characters look like they're dead on a 'you're a bad person' error screen. Or something weird like that.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I'd imagine Animal Crossing has something like that.

There's some rando out there who makes fake "Tom Nook is going to kill you" anti-cheating images, but I'd think there's some kinda anti-piracy message in the legit game, as well.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Too much Bow' nor enough dropped trow

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I know one of the Pokemon games on DS prevented your Pokemon from leveling up if it detected piracy, I think it was Black/White?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hrist posted:

There's a bunch in Mario games specifically. But I don't remember them off hand. I think Mario Kart Wii makes the characters look like they're dead on a 'you're a bad person' error screen. Or something weird like that.

you got got by a creepypasta lmao

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Mega64 posted:

pannenkoek, both the food and the yter kick incredible amounts of rear end

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Augus posted:

you got got by a creepypasta lmao

Maybe this what I was thinking of?
VVV

Read After Burning posted:

There's some rando out there who makes fake "Tom Nook is going to kill you" anti-cheating images, but I'd think there's some kinda anti-piracy message in the legit game, as well.

I remember reading the "scary Animal Crossing story" when I was a 5th grader with unrestricted Internet access and being so entertained. I actually didn't learn until recently that it was a Something Awful thing, ha. Shout out to that goon, whoever/wherever they are these days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just got back from the Mario movie. I liked it a lot, the crowd (which was big) loved it more than I did. While I was waiting for the bathroom the college kids coming out kept raving about it to each other. My only real complaint is the pop music drops which felt like a complete lack of confidence, but those were fairly isolated.

Also this movie is going to make so much loving money, it is the first family film since December, and there's no other major films coming out until literally a month from now, they really gamed that release timing.

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Apr 6, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mario is just way too obscure, nobody has ever heard of it. we need some recognizable pop songs to get butts in those seats

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Mega64 posted:

That video was way more interesting than this one. Not so much in content (I was actively programming bit-manipuations at the time), but in presentation (way too much time re-illustrating concepts).

The main thing that saved it was the timing of the test.

(Also I've yet to open Octopath II but I hope your AV is from it.)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

One thing I'll add, about the final third of the movie is all material that wasn't in trailers or promotion at all, if you worried the trailers were basically the whole movie

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

I dont care. I'm gonna watch that garbage and hoot and holler all the way to the finish

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
The movie has good animation, acting and original music. It's let down badly by the plot and dialogue. The way they cram videogame logic into the world is so jarring.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

snoremac posted:

The movie has good animation, acting and original music. It's let down badly by the plot and dialogue. The way they cram videogame logic into the world is so jarring.

Huh...what style is it? We talking orchestral stuff or more chiptune-ish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geo Fixer
Jan 10, 2012

"Freedom lies in being bold."
-Robert Frost

Mario movie drat good, gently caress the critics! If you like Mario you're gonna like this movie