Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Anybody else peeping that bottom right chip like hmmm that one looks really loaded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Captain Hygiene posted:

If that's some kind of Mountain Dew jello, I'm gonna loudly deride it then shamefully sneak back in later to secretly see if it's any good

I might have to make Mountain Dew jello shots for the next party I attend.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Hygiene posted:

TIL condensed cream of shrimp soup was a thing :pastryno:

I showed this one to my mom and she says it looks good. The 70s were a hell of a drug.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Shooting Blanks posted:

I might have to make Mountain Dew jello shots for the next party I attend.

Bawls jigglers

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

LifeSunDeath posted:

Gummy Bear Loaded Fries

If it weren't for the fact the hand looks real and the writing is legible, I'd have called that a proc-gen pic.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
They're real, they're available at the Sydney Royal Easter Show this year

I'm honestly surprised that they are an Aussie invention because they really sound like something that would have been produced from a US state fair

Also $15 for that, that's a piddly amount of chips for 15 bucks

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Dixville posted:

Anybody else peeping that bottom right chip like hmmm that one looks really loaded

from the great potato chip thread

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Non Compos Mentis posted:

They're real, they're available at the Sydney Royal Easter Show this year

I'm honestly surprised that they are an Aussie invention because they really sound like something that would have been produced from a US state fair

Also $15 for that, that's a piddly amount of chips for 15 bucks

It makes more sense when you recall that fairy bread is also australian.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Snack_Memories/status/1643985913599647744

Things are going worse over there than I thought :ohdear:

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

More like the yUK

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yeah, only 500. It's a national crisis!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Ror posted:

from the great potato chip thread

I feel like doritos jacked was basically just a bag full of this.

Obviously the flavor was different, but they had a much thicker flavor coating on them and they ruled.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

It feels like this is a crossover with the Ukraine war thread where Russian propagandists go on insane fantastical screeds about what the poverty stricken people of Europe are resorting to eating given the economic ruin we're all in as a result of supporting the war

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

between this and the subway jared documentary, my opinion of the subway sandwich company is at an all time low.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

LifeSunDeath posted:

between this and the subway jared documentary, my opinion of the subway sandwich company is at an all time low.

It can get lower than rock bottom?

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dixville posted:

:haibrow:

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Butterfly Valley posted:

It feels like this is a crossover with the Ukraine war thread where Russian propagandists go on insane fantastical screeds about what the poverty stricken people of Europe are resorting to eating given the economic ruin we're all in as a result of supporting the war

Apparently in germany at easter they eat cakes shaped like lambs, osterlamm. There's some very good google results.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Nettle Soup posted:

Apparently in germany at easter they eat cakes shaped like lambs, osterlamm. There's some very good google results.

it's probably just a regional thing depending on what immigrant populations are dominant in different areas, but my irish-catholic-rear end family did lamb cakes too. i'm sure if i went to the grocery store now i could buy a lamb pan

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nettle Soup posted:

I have a lamb cake sitting on my table this very moment.

But sometimes the lamb cake doesn't work out

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

steinrokkan posted:

I have a lamb cake sitting on my table this very moment.

But sometimes the lamb cake doesn't work out

Eraserhead baby, no!

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

These aren’t even drinks? Just more plastic crap dedicated to taking up space? (I doubt they’re actual aluminum because c’mon)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guess they figured out they don't actually need different molds, just print different poo poo on the same one.

Ultimately funko should be selling NFTs really

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Nah, that sounded terrible enough that I had to look it up, and it looks like there are actual figures inside too. So not as bad as it could be.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

My Lovely Horse posted:

I guess they figured out they don't actually need different molds, just print different poo poo on the same one.

The cans are just the packaging for the toy

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
I'm actually kind of intrigued about this.

It's not like cow cream is a super logical fat to add to your bitter bean water.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

zedprime posted:

It's not like cow cream is a super logical fat to add to your bitter bean water.

Fight me

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Nothing wrong with olive oil, or a dab of nut butter in your latte coffee.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Sir, please stop dabbing your nut butter in public.

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

These aren’t even drinks? Just more plastic crap dedicated to taking up space? (I doubt they’re actual aluminum because c’mon)

I don't see what else they'd be made of. The whole reason aluminum's used for soda cans is because it's relatively cheap to crank them out for disposable drink containers. So disposable figure containers makes just as much sense as anything else.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Weirdly, that's how it all started. There were a few brands of collectible branded figures that were getting big that did just reuse the same mold, like Mighty Muggs and Minimates, but they all died out while Funko Pops survived and seemingly have less mold reuse even though they're way uglier.

NFTs sure tried to make the idea of "meaningless collectables but without the need to take up physical space," but it just never took off.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Of course aluminum is cheaper and way more practical, but I expect Funko to use plastic because it’s just their mission to pump out as much useless plastic garbage for its own sake.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

zedprime posted:

I'm actually kind of intrigued about this.

By popular demand posted:

Nothing wrong with olive oil, or a dab of nut butter in your latte coffee.

Nope. Tastes bad man. It literally just tastes like olive oil and coffee. The 2 flavors do not compliment each other in any way.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Well, it looks wild, anyway, so there's that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Well you used a Tunisian oil with a French truck coffee, of course that's not gonna complement each other. Don't you know about terroir, motherfucker?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

It's not even an emulsion?

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Yeah that was probably the best part of it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

dog nougat posted:

Nope. Tastes bad man. It literally just tastes like olive oil and coffee. The 2 flavors do not compliment each other in any way.

Thank you for your sacrifice

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I did say cafe latte, adding oil to black coffee probably is a bad idea.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
There no way milk would save it. Unless you just really love the taste of olive oil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Now I do wonder if applying a neutral tasting vegetable oil could help with extraction of espresso. The whole point of using so much pressure is to get more of the coffee oil out of the grounds.

However, you'd have to add the oil after grinding so you don't gunk up the mill, and you'd have to apply it uniformly or extraction will become uneven.

Hm.