Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

He hinting at anything spicy or is it more slow roll-out

https://twitter.com/MikeColangelo/status/1643350175836954626

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Slavvy posted:

Lol it's 100000% cgi people don't just randomly have a totally different eye structure like it's an extra toe

yeah even if it was real third eyelids don't even work like that, they go from the corner near the nose to the opposite side, there's no fourth one to meet with

therefore it's either completely fake or actual aleins

actualiens

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oooh baby. That's some primo stuff

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

The AllatRa people have an English web site. They have a free book and then like a million videos. Trying to figure out what their deal is.
https://allatra.tv/en

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

The AllatRa people have an English web site. They have a free book and then like a million videos. Trying to figure out what their deal is.

They were having a very serious discussion about nubiru and the reptilians

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

foor for thought: reptiles evolved on earth

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!

extensive research (30 seconds on google) reveals that they believe putin is the chosen one to defeat the archons (the west)

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Oooh baby. That's some primo stuff

last time James Fox was making grandiose claims on Twitter it came to jack and poo poo so hey let's hope this one is better

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Bilirubin posted:

All your base (pairs) are belong to us (asteroids)

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/all-of-the-bases-in-dna-and-rna-have-now-been-found-in-meteorites

etc.

So basically we are the VonNeumann probes. All of the base pairs were sprinkled throughout the universe, and reassemble themselves in the right conditions in order to evolve into the final form that will, IDK, make Klondike bars for Radar or something

so this is the only way I could see the "we were seeded/created" also leading to the "and the things that made us are fascinated by us"

create a blueprint for life and shoot it out into the cosmos, and watch what it becomes expertly suited to the environment that selects it

and it would be funnier still if we're built from some cobbled together collection of scraps that shouldn't lead to intelligence but by god, we did it kinda
What I'm getting is that if you gently caress up organic chemistry enough times you might accidentally invent biology.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

imagine you do all that and then whip out the magnifying glass probes and take a look and…oh they’re just….sucking and loving…all the time that’s pretty much it at this point…….

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i am harry posted:

imagine you do all that and then whip out the magnifying glass probes and take a look and…oh they’re just….sucking and loving…all the time that’s pretty much it at this point…….

they're what? doing what? feet?

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Spergin Morlock posted:

foor for thought: reptiles evolved on earth

yes and then they retreated into the inner earth and developed their saucer tech!

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

i am harry posted:

there's a pretty good 50s sf story which iirc has the word "microcosmic" in the title about a scientist who kicks off a petri dish world and is horrified when things get real. like a proto-sand kings, if you remember that story by george rr martin

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Mola Yam posted:

extensive research (30 seconds on google) reveals that they believe putin is the chosen one to defeat the archons (the west)
Great, I was worried we might run out of deranged political tendencies. Happy to add Xeno-Putinist Cult to the database.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Great, I was worried we might run out of deranged political tendencies. Happy to add Xeno-Putinist Cult to the database.

I don't know how accurate that post is given that group was based in Kyiv prior to the invasion.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

GWBBQ posted:

What I'm getting is that if you gently caress up organic chemistry enough times you might accidentally invent biology.

I mean, these things self assemble in predictable ways so we can now design things so IDK maybe? Just fill a swamp with enough nucleotides and see what happens

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK26876/

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/B9780323512541000038#:~:text=DNA%20self%2Dassembly,and%20complex%20devices%20%5B4%5D.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Reptile lady is for sure CGI but it's very well done and the way they just sprinkled it in a few times over hours of video like an Easter egg is *chef's kiss*

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

GWBBQ posted:

that's right

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

there's not that many ammino acids that make up like...all proteins and DNA and stuff. An annoying part of any biochem class is to memorize them, at least the important ones. There's only 22! Space can easily make 22 relatively simple molecules and then throw them into my warm wet earth hole

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

life is just a self sustaining chemical reaction at the end of the day. The important and interesting part? What the gently caress is consciousness ?????? What's the deal with that thing

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

there's a pretty good 50s sf story which iirc has the word "microcosmic" in the title about a scientist who kicks off a petri dish world and is horrified when things get real. like a proto-sand kings, if you remember that story by george rr martin

Oh yeah, Lisa.

I don't remember the title but there is a weird tales where some humans are at the cusp of space flight & find there's a weird tablet made from some incorruptible alien material, with all these instructions & advanced concepts... The stunning twist: They're intelligent tardigrades seeded by humans, who develop the tech to escape their puddle

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
If consciousness can be hosted in meat what can't it reside in?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Your mum

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Seems disturbingly plausible

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Panpsychism, baby! It's in everything (including pans!)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

uber_stoat posted:

the space lizards haven't figured out contact lenses yet for some reason.

It's because contact lenses are awful no matter how advanced the technology is

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Now I want disclosure more than ever so we can have the ultimate "Identified. Not a ufo" post

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

I think I've read this but can't remember when

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Ahhh yeah, noticed these two bad boys in the window of a charity shop and felt obliged to duck in and buy them!

I'll upload any interesting cases/pages - I think there's a better chance of some hidden gems given they're not about American encounters

Edit no matter what I do or which way I turn the camera I can't get it to have the picture the right way up. But you get the idea

helta
Jun 16, 2018

going back to my roots

bird

https://v.redd.it/v4xocchrs9sa1/DASH_720.mp4

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Lottta furious debate about this on reddit rn

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I like to think usa government UFO programs are just bubbles of office workers getting paid to do absolutely nothing all day. All hidden in the maze like buearcacy of the American system. Occasionally the exhaust fumes of such clerical abborations are seen: "government alien material retrieval program still exists"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

sharknado slashfic posted:

I think I've read this but can't remember when

iirc the film adaptation was pretty good google "the genesis tub"

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

blatman posted:

iirc the film adaptation was pretty good google "the genesis tub"

As I turns out I've never read it, I was just thinking of the Simpsons episode :v:

Regarding the video I've done some thinking and it's definitely aliens

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

maybe the real aliens were the friends we made along the way

because they're hiding among us, observing, judging, waiting

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh poo poo that's the metapod again!

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Solar panel

e did he start filming just in case the dot on the horizon was another plane about to slam into him head on

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

either consciousness persists past the death of a body, and thus the life lived by that body is totally meaningless and infinitely small
or consciousness ends with the death of a body and the universe is a completely pointless and bullshit cycle of things popping into being, suffering, and then popping back out again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

i am harry posted:

either consciousness persists past the death of a body, and thus the life lived by that body is totally meaningless and infinitely small
or consciousness ends with the death of a body and the universe is a completely pointless and bullshit cycle of things popping into being and then popping back out again

Both are opposite ends on the spectrum of immeasurable beauty