Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KobunFan
Aug 13, 2022
drat, Mersault is a tall bastard. As for Gregor, he's not short! I mean, compared to the cast he is but 5'6" is pretty average where I live. I'm 5'6"!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Huh, it's kinda interesting how off my perception was in some cases:

- I though Meursault was close to 2 meters the way he towered over everyone, but he is actually not too tall.
- I expected Sinclair and Don Quixote to be even shorter, due to being obviously a child/teenager and a gremlin, respectively.
- everyone else I felt were like ~5 cm taller, but I am living in country with pretty high average height, so that might be it.
- After Rider in original F/SN, I expected Rodion to be like 172 cm or something, but PM are no cowards and she actually is pretty tall, which rules.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
I really expected Ishmael to be taller. Guess it's her attitude.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Doing more Sin analysis, this time on non-base IDs. These, I feel, say more about the groups in question than they do about individual sinners.

Blade Lineage: Everyone in this group so far has Wrath and Pride, with a third variable sin: Outis has Lust, Sinclair has Gluttony, Yi Sang has Envy. This tracks: Blade Lineage sees scars as a mark of pride and skill, and they're just a bunch of cutthroats.

G Corp: Both IDs share Gluttony and Sloth, with Outis having Gloom and Gregor having Lust. Gluttony's seemingly there for the biological component, and they're war vets with tracks with Sloth.

Kurokumo Clan: All 3 have Lust and Pride, with Hong Lu having Sloth, Ryoshu having Gluttony, and Rodion having Gloom. Pride tracks with Sayo's bit about being 'superior beings' from Ruina, and being yakuza, they are materialistic with the protection fees and all.

LCCB: Both have Gluttony and Gloom, with Ishmael having Pride and Rodion having Envy. Gloom would track with them being serious and to the point, and given they're supporting the main team of securing the Golden Bough that tracks with the gluttony.

Liu: Initially, Gregor and Meursault had the exact same Sin set: Wrath, Lust, Sloth. Hong Lu's spread, though, while keeping Wrath and Lust, has Gloom instead. Wrath tracks as the War Association, and Lust, well, all Fixers are at least a little materialistic since they're all mercenaries for hire. But honestly, I'm willing to attribute this one to the fact that the colors match up.

N Corp: The IDs here share some things but it's not completely uniform. 3 have Lust (Rodion, Heathcliff, Faust). 3 have Pride (Faust, Meursault, Rodion). Heathcliff and Faust share Envy. Rodion and Meursault share Wrath. Heathcliff is the only one with Gloom, and Meursault's the only one with Sloth. Lust tracks given how... devoted they are to their mission, and Wrath's also pretty obvious as they're doing hate crimes. Meursault's Sloth actually fits as he's not really into this whole thing. And Gloom with Heathcliff is him only really getting into this group because of circumstances (involving Cathy via the story, which we're still not sure on the details of.)

R Corp: Both Heath and Ish have Wrath and Envy, with Heath having Gluttony and Ish having Gloom. Wrath is easy, they're PMCs, Gloom comes from Ishmael's pain suffering from her psychic powers, and Heath's Gluttony is probably his bloodlust.

Seven: All 3 so far share Gluttony and Sloth. Yi Sang has Gloom, Ryoshu has Pride, and Outis has Lust. Like with Liu, I'm attributing this to color scheme coordination more than anything else.

Shi: 100% consistent across the group: Wrath, Lust, Envy. Lust has the fixer money thing I mentioned with Liu, but I don't have much here.

WARP: All 3 have Envy and Gloom. Don has Sloth, Faust has Wrath, and Meursault has Pride. Gloom seems to be the sad realization of how hosed up WARP Trains really are, and Envy you could connect to wanting to not know any better like most of the passengers do.

I left out the one-offs, Mariachi Sinclair, Zwei Sinclair, Tingtang Hong Lu, LobCorp Faust, but feel free to analyze them too.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1643781129961619456

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Lt. Lizard posted:

Huh, it's kinda interesting how off my perception was in some cases:

- I though Meursault was close to 2 meters the way he towered over everyone, but he is actually not too tall.
- I expected Sinclair and Don Quixote to be even shorter, due to being obviously a child/teenager and a gremlin, respectively.
- everyone else I felt were like ~5 cm taller, but I am living in country with pretty high average height, so that might be it.
- After Rider in original F/SN, I expected Rodion to be like 172 cm or something, but PM are no cowards and she actually is pretty tall, which rules.

A thing to keep in mind is that the average heights in Korea are somewhere around 172 cm (about 5'8") for men and around 160 cm (about 5' 3") for women. So overall the cast skews above average; at worst they've undershot the tallest characters by a bit.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL IN THE NEW UPDATE: They have rearranged the Enkephalin menu, and if you instinctively go to Module-arize all of your Enk you may accidentally consume all of your Boxes instead. :v:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Ariamaki posted:

BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL IN THE NEW UPDATE: They have rearranged the Enkephalin menu, and if you instinctively go to Module-arize all of your Enk you may accidentally consume all of your Boxes instead. :v:

I was just about to post something about this lmao. I used all my boxes due to autopilot. :cheerdoge:

Got both the new units with just two ten pulls so guess I can't be too mad lol.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Apr 6, 2023

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was just about to post something about this lmao. I used all my boxes due to autopilot. :cheerdoge:

Got both the new units with just two ten pulls so guess I can't be too mad lol.

I also got everybody, and Faust Telepole, so I'm clean on the Dispensery again if anyone wants to use my test units: I've also got my full-cap squad settled and ready for my first stab at the Railway!

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Yeah I'm joining the club here :negative:

At least I had enough boxes that it hit the enkephalin cap so I only actually spent like half of them

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

ArashiKurobara posted:

Yeah I'm joining the club here :negative:

At least I had enough boxes that it hit the enkephalin cap so I only actually spent like half of them

I definitely managed to dodge that fate before sending out my warning, thank frig and frey. My condolences.

ALSO after extensive testing (read: one battle) A.) the passive revamp is excellent B.) the new Outis is CRACKED AS gently caress. Utter destroyer of worlds, unflappable, slaughters everything.

Finally the passive on Faust's new Telepole includes a -2 Charge cost for all skills, which could have fun application for future Identities, and currently drops the spends on her W Corp to an insanely efficient 1(!?) and 3 apiece.

EDIT NOTE:

Refraction Railway rewards are insanely generous. The threshold for the super banner is 120 turns, and the total payouts just for finishing everything is...

code:
The banner
40 gold XP tickets, 3 instant-20s, 1 instant-30
60 random shard boxes, 60 nominable shard boxes
200 thread
3 ten-pulls and a 000 ten-pull

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Apr 6, 2023

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Used my guaranteed 000 ticket, dupe G Gregor (like last time, iirc). Used the 10-pull ticket on the new banner, got both new IDs. Still no EGOs!

Probably not going to do much with Railway until Friday at best thanks to an upcoming procedure, but note that redeeming rewards costs 25 modules.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
Gacha was kind tonight. Two tens using tickets got me reindeer Ishmael, 7 outis, hong Liu, and don telepole. Down to two IDs and 3 egos left to get which I can probably do off of mainly grind. I really appreciate limbus gacha coming from hell games like fgo. It's so much kinder

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Got W Don and W Meur with my guaranteed 000 ticket and 4 ten pulls, then bought the new Outis with shards. Just Kurokumo Rodya left for Identities, plus most of the EGO. Still haven't pulled even one of those from the gacha.

Two things I've noticed right off with Railway:
1) When they said Abnormality rules, they meant Abnormality rules: you're capped at five total actions. In turn, though, enemy humans don't gain more actions either. AOE EGO are EXTREMELY good for the human fights here.

2) With the 120 turn limit for the best banner and the Sin carry-over AND the ability to choose targets, my boy Sinclair's Impending Day passive is extremely good here. If you can spend the two Lust and 3 Wrath early in a fight, then you can direct him to finish off as many targets as you can, for 5x of a Sin every time... And if you can spare the Wrath and Lust, it's also a free party heal if you kill with the EGO itself, but that's more of a side benefit. You should REALLY have a good Sinclair here set on an Identity with Sins you want--I'm using Blade Lineage for Gluttony to feed Legerdemain, Wrath to fuel his Impending Day, and Pride to fuel Emitter and The Odyssey Had a Purpose.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Got Don Telepole, Faust Telepole, Liu Lu and 7 Outis in 4 10 pulls total. Uptied them all so I am back to having everything all Uptied

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ariamaki posted:

guess what

https://twitter.com/LimbusCompany_B/status/1643829874598223872

you may be entitled for compensation

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg
This winded me. I am still laughing.

And:

Pigbuster posted:

guess what

you may be entitled for compensation

As someone who lives in Ohio I now have robocall PTSD but on the other hand, free stuff! :v:

Ariamaki fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Apr 6, 2023

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
low turn count is gonna take a lot of planning

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

Pillbug
maybe not a lot-a lot, but a decent amount

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

MotU posted:

low turn count is gonna take a lot of planning

Yeah Glupo just ate like 15 turns and I still don't quite grok how I'm supposed to down him faster. It also doesn't help that enemy details still aren't revealing properly even on cleared missions, lots of mariachis with 100% Conditions Locked despite clearing that fight in 5 and seeing most of their attacks.

Shastahanshah
Sep 12, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the frog is very thick.

Also a Zayin, oddly enough.

Ariamaki posted:

Yeah Glupo just ate like 15 turns and I still don't quite grok how I'm supposed to down him faster. It also doesn't help that enemy details still aren't revealing properly even on cleared missions, lots of mariachis with 100% Conditions Locked despite clearing that fight in 5 and seeing most of their attacks.

I focused all my damage on one of it's eyes to stagger it, and ate any of the attacks that were on someone who resisted blunt.

It doesn't do much damage and when you hit it's popped eye for fatal damage it still dies pretty fast.

Shastahanshah fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Apr 6, 2023

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Yeah, I think the strategy is to fight borderline suicidally and abuse the off-team heal to recover from it.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

Bleed doesn't work THAT well on Tank Frog, unfortunately, since the Bleed counter seems to apply to parts on the turn you apply it and then moves to the main Body part at the end of turn. It does act with the Body twice a round, and I got it up to 38 Bleed/15 count by the end, but that's still only like 76 a turn and that's not great! Burn might be better?

I don't think you want to fight suicidally against the frog, because SP carries over exact values after the fight and it's based on SP damage. Sure, you'll kill it a little faster, but those characters who fight it are going to be way worse at clashing and EGO in subsequent fights. Just soak the turn loss and make it up on human fights, AOEs tear them apart.

Speaking of which, ahahaha, the Inquisitors after the frog are cathartic as hell after having some difficulty with them in chapter 3. Gregor just straight up did 180 damage with Legerdemain and then Faust followed it up with Emitter. Then I did it again the next turn, less because it was good strategy and more because it was very funny.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I'm not sure if it only uses it after you break an eye, but one of the frog's moves restores SP to its target, so whoever has their SP lowered from an eye breaking can clash that while you pile as much damage into the broken eye as possible after. It's not too hard to have full SP again by the end of it.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Pulled Hong Liu and finally got Wishing Cairn, immediately uptied and used a Level 30, Instantly ticket on him, drafted him with the other Lius for Refraction Railway.

Currently fighting Tour Guide, and holy crap is he exactly the shot in the arm Liu needed. Once his passive's online and his SP's high, he cranks up the Burn Count CRAZY high, allowing Gregor's +1 Power and Meursault's Burn-spread effects to really shine, and the DOT is nothing to sneeze at. Like, I'm not even done with the fight and it's at 72 Potency, 17 Count.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Against Abnormalities Rodya's overloaded Rime Shank is basically safe in the Refraction Dungeon, since it uses total HP not HP percentage for its indiscriminate targeting and won't swap away if you target a body part.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Gacha got me an EGO (Lantern) and Liu Hong Lu, but no Outis. Starting to think I might drastically need to rethink my strategy and start again if I'm only "on par" for turns after the first two fights, since apparently these are the easy ones for saving turn time.

EDIT: Took down Frog in 9 turns though, so I dunno. I still suspect at some point I will run across something so nasty that it mandates me running back through and clearing everything before with perfect efficiency though.

Jossar fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Apr 6, 2023

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hey, this is cool.

If you have 10+ individual Extraction Tickets, you can spend them 10 at a time now.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

got outis on my first ten. debating whether to go for hong lu

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

lmao liu hong's uptie cutscene is faust and yi sang asking why the hell his eye sparkles

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Sacrisity 2.0. Lose a clash and enemy heals 130 hp.

gently caress that noise.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Got R Corp Rabbit Heathcliff ...from 10 pulling on the new Outis banner :v:
Then I 10-pulled the base banner and got (a dupe of) R Corp Reindeer Ishmael lmao

...What the hell is R Corp's deal? Heath can get a little bit of charge to fuel his passive but otherwise seems like a bullet burst alphastriker, and Ishmael wants big charge for big sinking. There's... no synergy between them?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Tour bot's gimmick makes the fight much quicker. Use an ego against his crane attack and you'll dodge it exposing his heart. Destroy the heart to stagger tour bot.

Verant
Oct 20, 2012

Go on an adventure ordained by fate?
-->Okay.
-->Eh.
Boy howdy am I regretting bringing R Corp Heathcliff to this event! He runs out of ammo too fast and it just drags out my turn count. Don't think I'll get 120 on this run...

Did at least get Liu Hong Lu after the Decaextraction Ticket got me yet more dupes. Not sure if it's worth it to invest in him since I only have Gregor as my other Liu and never touched him since G Corp Gregor is so good at keeping himself alive and generating assets for Legerdemain.

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

Hmm, not really enjoying Railway as of stage 8. Numbers too big.

When I'm doing average expected damage on a 2x weakness, it feels like I'm doing something wrong. Except I'm not, there's nothing I can be doing to do more damage to things. I literally had R Corp Heathcliff with 9 Speed on and Quick Disposal ready against the tour robot for the "stagger me this turn" mechanic, and several other characters to take advantage of its Pierce weakness and Quick Disposal's Fragile, and I still couldn't Stagger it. Similarly, Headless is really hard to deal with when you have no possible way to burst it and its clash values are high enough that only EGO reliably win! Especially win losing against a Clap or Press means that you're weakened next turn. And now round 8 has self-healing enemies and, again, clash values high enough that only EGO reliably win.

It seems pretty overtuned right now.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Verant posted:

Boy howdy am I regretting bringing R Corp Heathcliff to this event! He runs out of ammo too fast and it just drags out my turn count. Don't think I'll get 120 on this run...

Did at least get Liu Hong Lu after the Decaextraction Ticket got me yet more dupes. Not sure if it's worth it to invest in him since I only have Gregor as my other Liu and never touched him since G Corp Gregor is so good at keeping himself alive and generating assets for Legerdemain.
Heathcliff's early damage is a boon in most fights, and after he runs out of ammo he can still win an awful lot of clashes.

From what I can tell, using the early fights to feed Sinclair kills with Impending Day up is going to be the key to winning Railway quickly.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Well, Railway is definitely spicy. Outside Stage 1 and Stage 3 taking more a few more turns than they could have if I played riskier, I feel like I've been pretty efficient and I'm still already at 57 turns going into stage 7.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Holy hell did the passive update juice up Blade Lineage Yi Sang. He's really good at keeping his Poise up, and once he hits high enough numbers he crits often and HARD. Especially with Flank Thrust's third hit. drat.

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Finished my first railway at 148 turns, game really needs the ingame encyclopedia because when you're dealing with 1k hp stuff weakness is a huge deal.

should have looked at the outlines in the description since the 2nd to last boss is kromer who is actually very easy but still has the anti bleed/burn poo poo i would assume. Also ammo-based chars are sort of a liability except maybe heath since you can get away with stuff if you murder things quick; it just gets hard to do that later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Junpei posted:

Holy hell did the passive update juice up Blade Lineage Yi Sang. He's really good at keeping his Poise up, and once he hits high enough numbers he crits often and HARD. Especially with Flank Thrust's third hit. drat.

Yeah, W Meursault passive was beefed up as well. It now only needs 3 Envy in stockpile, not resonance, so it is pretty easy to keep it active and he can gain Charge 6 times per turn, instead of one time (lol..) like it was before. So now, he can finally actually gain Charge when tanking and use his Skills. :v: