Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Every food service job I have ever had was super strict about not letting you take home the food. It was always an instant fire with no warnings.

yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

When I worked at quiznos I had the pleasure of paying for my meals instead of just getting a free one as part of my shift. Very cool!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

ekuNNN posted:

Many churches, mosques and synagogues opened their doors to people coming to protest the G20 in Hamburg. Ever since I knocked on the door of a church there in the middle of the night trying to avoid being arrested by the riot police, and the reverend welcomed me and led me to a full-on anarchist encampment on the church grounds with free food and places to sleep I've been a lot more nuanced in my thinking about individual local religious communities versus large-scale organized religion.

they didn't want their church burned down, OP.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
The Catholic Church is uniquely bad because of its scale and its integration with Western institutions. Overturning Roe v. Wade was done by the Federalist Society, which is a group run by an Opus Dei rear end in a top hat; it's Catholic, but with plausible deniability. The Catholic Church has been buying up hospitals like crazy in the U.S. so that they can deny reproductive healthcare primarily to women, but they also won't do vasectomies, so also to men. And I'm sure they're on the verge of denying transition treatment to transgender folks, too. They also lobby like hell, for instance the anti-gay marriage proposition 8. They also were the main reason gay, trans, and atheist kids were banned from the boy scouts for so long.

They're just a completely poo poo institution that is negatively affects basically everyone's life, and that's completely aside from all the child rape, which there is a loving ton of.

Ham Equity has issued a correction as of 00:32 on Apr 6, 2023

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Any religion having its own administrative state gives me the chills. I know Vatican City is tiny and doesn't really have its own army aside from the Swiss Guard, but it's still weird to me.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Please post a thread about this. You are all obviously itching to talk about this subject. I will post the thread for you if you are too shy.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Koishi Komeiji posted:

Please post a thread about this. You are all obviously itching to talk about this subject. I will post the thread for you if you are too shy.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

euphronius posted:

that’s from 2019 hahahah

:xd:

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Koishi Komeiji posted:

as a quick warning I will be posting capitalism pictures for pages on end in the catholic thread regardless of how many times I'm told to shut up, no one cares, or that it's the exact same photos already posted earlier in the thread

also my understanding of what is capitalism or a png is kinda iffy, so it might just be random photos saved on my phone

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Coolness Averted posted:

also my understanding of what is capitalism or a png is kinda iffy, so it might just be random photos saved on my phone

don't sign your posts

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

as a quick warning I will be posting capitalism pictures for pages on end in the catholic thread regardless of how many times I'm told to shut up, no one cares, or that it's the exact same photos already posted earlier in the thread

Shut up, no one cares, or it's the exact same photos already posted earlier in the thread

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
was this thread actually supposed to be pictures

i dont think ive ever seen a picture in it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Bullshit. No photos were ever posted

efb :mad:

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
lol people are so mad about photo threads having any content in them except endless pictures with 0 comments or discussion

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

It's almost certainly a lot higher than if it was asked say 20 or 30 years previous even in the states.

euphronius posted:

that’s from 2019 hahahah

I'd wager anything it's gone up since then

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

What's up with Japan anyway? It's rare to see any country doing worse at something than America, let alone one that's been having a lost decade for like 30 years or whatever

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

catholic argument thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029156

:getin:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the pictures from the start of the thread are grim. and they are all pre covid

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Shame Boy posted:

What's up with Japan anyway? It's rare to see any country doing worse at something than America, let alone one that's been having a lost decade for like 30 years or whatever

Are you familiar with the yakuza series of video game

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Shame Boy posted:

they reached the end of history and stopped.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Ardent Communist posted:

actually, this goes into my argument, because protestantism was more popular with the burghers as a class and more successful in areas where they were more powerful, because it took power away from the catholic church (which had all the saints days and religious holidays that gave people time off work).

well, i don't go to church so it seems fair, but yeah, something that was an element in my education from when i was 5 till 18 did influence my thinking.
since we've moved onto ad hominem attacks, you seem like the rabid anti-religious demagogue that reactionary elements in the church and governments have successfully turned many people who could have been supporters of communism into violent opponents.
what's more, your hatred of all religions doesn't really square with support of communism, which although not called a religion, has many similar elements to religion, with doctrine, opposing factions, and strong beliefs and people picking and choosing the elements the like. if someone called communism a religion would you immediately disavow it?

do you think religion makes the world a better place? because the Bible is one of the most awful weapons ever crafted by humanity.

it’s also a lovely book.

I don’t give a poo poo about Catholics, they suck but have cool outfits and Latin sounds cool, it’s the loving born again mega churches I want burned down and or taxed heavily, and most of the minsters/pastures should be locked up for regularly campaigning for trump and turning their congregations into loving clan rallies.

LionArcher has issued a correction as of 01:33 on Apr 6, 2023

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

the church im gonna be married in

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/broderick/status/1641853852579135495?cxt=HHwWjoCwganYhMktAAAA

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

LionArcher posted:

do you think religion makes the world a better place? because the Bible is one of the most awful weapons ever crafted by humanity.

it’s also a lovely book.

I don’t give a poo poo about Catholics, they suck but have cool outfits and Latin sounds cool, it’s the loving born again mega churches I want burned down and or taxed heavily, and most of the minsters/pastures should be locked up for regularly campaigning for trump and turning their congregations into loving clan rallies.

You don’t give a poo poo about systemic child sex abuse? Pretty hosed up, man

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
“Sure the Catholic Church covered up and facilitated the sexual abuse of thousands and thousands of children but gee those frock coats are pretty epic”

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

lil poopendorfer posted:

You don’t give a poo poo about systemic child sex abuse? Pretty hosed up, man

lol. yes. this is totally what I said. how about both are bad but one is out of fashion in the cultural zeitgeist and the other is perceived as harmless when they’re loving nazis taking over everything they can as quickly as possible.

Can we agree both are bad?

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Capitholiscism

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

apparently DD has a end of day donation program, but it's optional if store owners want to participate

https://news.dunkindonuts.com/blog/dunkin-food-donation-program

never awake
Apr 4, 2023

by vyelkin

Koishi Komeiji posted:

There are over 8,500 Dunkin Donuts in the US alone and they do this every single night

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud
When I was in college, I would walk to McDonalds a few times a week, right before they close. I'd get some nuggets, and the manager would just empty what was left in the fries area into a paper bag for me for free. My dorm mates loved it.

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Fozzy The Bear posted:

When I was in college, I would walk to McDonalds a few times a week, right before they close. I'd get some nuggets, and the manager would just empty what was left in the fries area into a paper bag for me for free. My dorm mates loved it.

that's an clearly inefficient way of allocating resources

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/pettertornberg/status/1641108747413082113

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

actionjackson posted:

apparently DD has a end of day donation program, but it's optional if store owners want to participate

https://news.dunkindonuts.com/blog/dunkin-food-donation-program

quote:

Just as the worst slave-owners were those who were kind to their slaves, and so prevented the horror of the system being realised by those who suffered from it, and understood by those who contemplated it, so, in the present state of things in England, the people who do most harm are the people who try to do most good; and at last we have had the spectacle of men who have really studied the problem and know the life – educated men who live in the East End – coming forward and imploring the community to restrain its altruistic impulses of charity, benevolence, and the like. They do so on the ground that such charity degrades and demoralises. They are perfectly right. Charity creates a multitude of sins.

https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/wilde-oscar/soul-man/

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Revenge of the ideas guys

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Shame Boy posted:

Also I wanna say even though this is a derail I'm sure everyone hates, your effortposting and explaining not-completely-garbage religious views has been real interesting to someone who has grown up surrounded by deeply religious people and has literally never met anyone who believes anything even close to that irl.

there’s a whole thread of religious goons that are center to left. there’s some tension there with CSPAM though and a general standoffishness about politics.

edit: hard agree there should be a cspam religious folks thread

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Bar Ran Dun posted:

there’s a whole thread of religious goons that are center to left. there’s some tension there with CSPAM though and a general standoffishness about politics.

edit: hard agree there should be a cspam religious folks thread

I’d make it but I dunno how to make a good cspam op. definitely interested though

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

What if I replaced "catholic church" with "the taliban", would this thread like them better then

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

What if I replaced "catholic church" with "the taliban", would this thread like them better then

This isn't the succ, so probably not gonna be as many succophants for that.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
gas this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Shame Boy posted:

One million percent :hai: