Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Android Apocalypse posted:

I misspoke and meant "working for the lawyers hired by Disney." Apparently there's some litigation that's going on with Disney regarding copyrights and that latest John Oliver segment had some lawyers all stupidly worried.

In other Hollywood news, maybe it's the 24oz Modelo tallboy talking but I actually enjoyed the Super Mario Bros movie. The end credits had a huge section crediting the orchestra that did the movie score, and honestly they deserved it.

You should watch the most recent John Oliver segment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Air Skwirl posted:

I loving love how incredibly useless ads are now. I bought some jeans on Lucky's website and then google only showed me Lucky ads until now, when I bought a new pair of glasses from Zennimax, now I'm only getting ads for Zennimax. I clearly know these companies exist, I bought poo poo from their website.

I get a little disturbed by what pops up in my advertising now days. Especially when some of it is from chatting on platforms like signal that are supposed to be shielded from that poo poo. Must be from the phone itself.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I dunno, I find it pretty funny when my friends send screenshots to the group chat that expose their search history via ads since none of them know how anything works with the internet

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

The transgender hysteria makes me insane for a lot of reasons but, even excepting the detransitioning mandates, this is going to push a lot of kids who are already significant suicide risks to kill themselves.

And while this is a feature, not a bug to the blood gargling hardright assholes we are dealing with, I can’t even imagine how badly this is going to be weaponized against any kid who isn’t 100% gender conforming, or who doesn’t 100% look the part in any way. At a time in their lives when they are most insecure.

Just the loving worst. gently caress the GOP.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

I dunno, I find it pretty funny when my friends send screenshots to the group chat that expose their search history via ads since none of them know how anything works with the internet

Some stuff is funny for sure, but still. Theres some weird ads that pop up even from dumb jokes made in private.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
They aren't going to actually have it where if someone makes a challenge on game day, the kid has to go to the locker room with a ref or whatever, right?

... Right? :(

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
You guys are overthinking this. Most schools are already going to know which students are trans. This is the cruel threat to enforce the rule.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ngl keen af for some warm hot cross buns with butter.

Gonna smash a whole mess of em with my morning coffee

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

They aren't going to actually have it where if someone makes a challenge on game day, the kid has to go to the locker room with a ref or whatever, right?

... Right? :(

It’s Republicans, so assume the worst. They’ll do it on the field/court/whatever in front of everyone.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Gonna be in Chicago in a big and gonna get a hot dog for lunch and put some ketchup on it

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Gonna be in Chicago in a big and gonna get a hot dog for lunch and put some ketchup on it

Ketchup on hotdogs is good and you’re right to do it.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

If you're in Chicago Chicago I doubt anyone will care. If you're in Lake Forest expect a mountain of poo poo.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Forrest on Fire posted:

If you're in Chicago Chicago I doubt anyone will care. If you're in Lake Forest expect a mountain of poo poo.

When I was in Chicago the first time for my interview to move there I ordered a hot dog at the bar in the airport and put ketchup on it and the bartender yelled at me. Would give anything to feel that rush again

Currently at the bar in the airport in atlanta and there’s some old lady watching Fox News on her phone at full volume because the bartender wouldn’t change the TV from ESPN

e: and drinking a vodka cranberry

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I can fix her.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

I can fix her.

It’s prob MTG

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Imagine caring what someone put on their Whipped Hog rear end in a top hat processed-food tube w/added carcinogens, though. Not at all how you reach Anāgāmi

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whipped Hog rear end in a top hat would be a good forums user name

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LeeMajors posted:

It’s prob MTG

Shoot your shot.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Shoot your shot.

I had a sex dream about MTG and I’m still mostly just puzzled several months later.

My brain is a desolate wasteland.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pops Mgee posted:

:hmmyes:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I had a sex dream about MTG and I’m still mostly just puzzled several months later.

Jesus Christ I think I’d commit myself

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Pops Mgee posted:

Sicko mode: Ketchup, mustard, and American "cheese." :getin:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Whipped Hog rear end in a top hat would be a good forums user name

too late I've already started a band

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Fifty Three posted:

Sicko mode: Ketchup, mustard, and American "cheese." :getin:

Ranch dressing was right there

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I am currently watching a Boston Dynamics dog dance to Bruno Mars while weird nerds wait to line up and take photos with it.

The last day of analytics conferences get weird.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Jesus Christ I think I’d commit myself

For the record I’m not at all attracted to her. Gonna donate my brain for examination.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

LeeMajors posted:

Things you could not water board out of me...

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

I dunno if you can swing it, a Georgia gym membership isn't convenient for most people

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
After two straight weeks of 12+ work days during the week and 5ish hours per day on the weekends I'm so ready for this three day weekend and plan to do absolutely nothing except for reading, playing Like a Dragon: Inshin!, and pouring beer down my gullet.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Qwijib0 posted:

Ranch dressing was right there
I have a vague memory of trying some overly complex hotdog with ranch one time and wasn't a fan

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Air Skwirl posted:

I loving love how incredibly useless ads are now. I bought some jeans on Lucky's website and then google only showed me Lucky ads until now, when I bought a new pair of glasses from Zennimax, now I'm only getting ads for Zennimax. I clearly know these companies exist, I bought poo poo from their website.

The best version of this is big ticket items. No Google ads, I don't want to purchase a second snowblower immediately after the first, but thank you for reminding me snowblowersdirect.com exists.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

You guys are overthinking this. Most schools are already going to know which students are trans. This is the cruel threat to enforce the rule.

Yeah, unless these schools are completely populated by military families with brand new students in each grade every year, this is meant to intimidate.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

swickles posted:

Things you could not water board out of me...

It wasn’t at all a pleasant experience and probably the result of some deep-seated self loathing.

I actually really find it kind of funny. After many months. Sleepless nights, spent in self-reflection.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
TFF's I have a dream speech went in a weird direction.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Grittybeard posted:

TFF's I have a dream speech went in a weird direction.

Just garbled screams halfway through.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

LeeMajors posted:

You should expand upon this dream in prose and make the new political erotic novel.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Android Apocalypse posted:

You should expand upon this dream in prose and make the new political erotic novel.

Or just check out Tingle's CPAC roundup:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Nah I don’t want to expose the world to my dementia.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Air Skwirl posted:

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I was looking to see if a game I was interested in was on sale on various sites, and now all my ads are for that game at one of the sites I visited. Like, thanks, I guess it's better than some ad for a right-wing grifter rear end in a top hat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Harem anime where the girls are: Palin / Boebert / MTG / Loomer / Sinema.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007

Kalli posted:

Harem anime where the girls are: Palin / Boebert / MTG / Loomer / Sinema.

And the protag is Jordan Peterson

:barf: