Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I like to exclusively run Suppressing Grenade (or whatever it’s called); to me it’s the easiest part of the kit to use for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Best fix they could do is add more anchors to neomuna and make them easier to reach so you can actually Tarzan around the area and have fun

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Nelson Mandingo posted:

The Vex we're fighting right now are their farmers, scientists, miners, managers. Not the dedicated combat units. Wyverns are the first step towards that.

Put a cyclops...on a wyvern

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This has always been Destiny's difficulty, though? Even more so before thanks to Match Game and Equipment Lock (the latter which is still around).

Honestly the new surge/thread is actually cool? It nudges you in a certain direction week to week. It's only fault is that they're being too static about it. Having the two surges all season being strand then void/solar doesn't leave much play for other stuff when you can settle on strand all season. Same with artifacts overcharging those weapon types. Cool idea but having those 4-5 types be THE weapons for a season reduces your choices.

Also this is a pretty drat choice of a complaint "oh we tried the challenging hard version of the raid making no changes whatsoever to our loadouts and it was hard" .

Changing my load out isn’t a challenge, it’s housekeeping. Surges and champion mods aren’t interesting designs or mechanics, they are arbitrary limitations.

I don’t need to be nudged to use cool stuff. I don’t have enough time to play games to use all the cool stuff I have as is. And loosening those arbitrary limitations is just letting me use what I want so what’s the point of having them to begin with?

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
My most generous read of what Bungie is doing is trying to prevent players from having a single 'go-to' build by making surges and threats more important to successfully clearing content, and getting rid of the idea of a "void titan main" or a "solar titan main" and encourage players to try out and actively use other subclasses than they're used to.

It's a nice goal in theory, but in practice it's probably going to result in more players passing over say, an arc-surged LLS day because they haven't updated their arc build for Lightfall because it's not their favored way to play.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

sunday at work posted:

Changing my load out isn’t a challenge, it’s housekeeping. Surges and champion mods aren’t interesting designs or mechanics, they are arbitrary limitations.

I’m genuinely curious as to what you think difficult content should look like if those things seem as arbitrary limitations. So your scaling for difficulty would be…. More enemies with more health that do more damage? It’s hard to step outside of that without beginning to be “limiting” and at that point you just have a really loving boring game.

Surges / champions / threats / overcharged weapons is going to be how they play with the sandbox and keep things varied for the next year within seasonal and ritual content. They want you to be using the in-game (instant) loadouts. They absolutely want you to play and switch things up (sometimes within the activity itself!) They’re going to keep pushing content in this direction.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 6, 2023

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Holy poo poo a post with nuance? Seemingly contradictory points that under further examination aren't really?! posted:

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I’m genuinely curious as to what you think difficult content should look like if those things seem as arbitrary limitations. So your scaling for difficulty would be…. More enemies with more health that do more damage? It’s hard to step outside of that without beginning to be “limiting” and at that point you just have a really loving boring game.

I think maybe I’m just not looking for “difficult content”. I was fine with most of how the game was and I’m not interested in a going down a checklist of arbitrary surges and modifiers. That just feels tedious to me.

For me the reason to play Destiny is moving around a big arena shooting cool weapons at lots of enemies. The one thing I’ve always wanted out of this game is a proper Firefight mode if that tells you anything. Ideally I think difficulty should be outlasting and overcoming a lot of enemies that I’m more powerful than rather than a few enemies that outclass me constantly taking off huge chunks of health while I peak out from behind cover or just matching my class to the flavor of the week.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

FlapYoJacks posted:

I don’t want the game to be challenging. MMOs aren’t popular because the games are challenging. They are popular because they give tons of loot with a 1% chance of getting good loot.

Elden Ring sparked a lot of conversation about the value of putting multiple difficulties into your game in an organic way; since the devs and the series had impeccable "hardcore" credentials, and so much of Elden Ring was still blisteringly difficult, it was hard for anyone to be taken seriously when they said that traveling the overland or clearing camps was too easy. Instead, it created varied pacing and the opportunity for players to do easier and faster activities if their time or attention was limited while still preserving plenty of more engrossing content for longer, more focused play sessions. Sometimes you're playing for fifteen minutes before you leave your house, and sometimes your sitting down some evening with the plan to really do some gaming.

Destiny 2 should emulate this - some content should be harder or more demanding, some should be easier and more accessible. It'd be even better if they made is so no rewards were stuck exclusively behind the hard content, because as some people have been saying not everyone wants to play that kind of game.

Personally, I'm looking for Destiny to give me game play comparable to harder difficulties of Left 4 Dead, Dark Tide, etc. I'm here to learn how to play Strikes and stuff and then complete them in well coordinated groups. But! I also want to be able to progress my character with relatively simple content because I'm not always going to be "on"; sometimes I'm going to want to just mindlessly click on some heads in the overland and see number go up.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Only ran it once last night but is updated lake of shadows like 3 times longer than it used to be? I really didn't care for it beyond the cool new boss model. Probably isn't even new.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Only ran it once last night but is updated lake of shadows like 3 times longer than it used to be? I really didn't care for it beyond the cool new boss model. Probably isn't even new.

That was the idea, yes. It was the shortest strike in the game by a good margin even before you factored in a lot of players' propensity to sparrow past a good chunk of it or exploit a scripting bug to skip encounters for faster GM farming

I don't think the boss model is new, you probably just never got a good look at it before because veteran players could vaporize it in seconds

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I enjoy the current difficulty but would like the primary buff please Bungie.

I think Hero difficulty is my sweet spot "casual" difficulty, and I play Vanguard Ops when I want to feel powerful. With the stuff available in the game I don't think we ever need to bring back over levelling in my opinion.

What we do need is to fix rewards because this is a looter shooter afraid of loot which is pretty dang funny. Whether you're a casual player who runs world weapons and plays Vanguard Ops playlists or the GM and Master Raid peeps the rewards should feel good and reliable for the effort.

Even a random strike should never give you glimmer and 2 shards. That's just silly.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

sunday at work posted:

For me the reason to play Destiny is moving around a big arena shooting cool weapons at lots of enemies. The one thing I’ve always wanted out of this game is a proper Firefight mode if that tells you anything. Ideally I think difficulty should be outlasting and overcoming a lot of enemies that I’m more powerful than rather than a few enemies that outclass me constantly taking off huge chunks of health while I peak out from behind cover or just matching my class to the flavor of the week.

That's Gambit

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

SgtSteel91 posted:

That's Gambit

I don't remember Firefight letting other players gank you

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

haveblue posted:

I don't remember Firefight letting other players gank you

Think of them as Super Bosses that occasionally spawn in

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Bleck posted:

They should let Savathun's ghost bring her back so I can date her in the game.

I'm honestly amazed there's not some low-rent indie Destiny dating sim yet.

Instead of Boyfriend Dungeon we could have Guardian Dungeon.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The new LoS is pretty ok apart from the opening dragging a bit.

The miniboss was fun, the bus is your friend.

I think you still all in the boss with swords and a well or bubble but idk I've only done it once. There's no hard gate on him.

You can stand on some of the rocks sticking out of the black stuff and not take damage, especially along the wall to survive away from the center area.

There's also some like darkness cruxs that maybe do something to the black stuff on the floor but I also didn't really pay attention and it was late.

Haven't done it on Master yet. Anyone who has do they still have the unstoppables at the end of the tunnel that they then pop you out to the minor platforming section?

tormenter was fun but it's not a boss on legend so suspend and lol

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

How do I get weapon patterns for stuff outside the current content? I’d like to craft some older stuff. Do I need to Google where it drops turn just run that stuff until I get a bunch of red frame drops?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

How do I get weapon patterns for stuff outside the current content? I’d like to craft some older stuff. Do I need to Google where it drops turn just run that stuff until I get a bunch of red frame drops?

If it’s seasonal then you just can’t. lmao. which guns do you want specifically?

Anyway, heads up for people who forget to grab their prime poo poo

https://twitter.com/paultassi/status/1643772853651644416?s=46&t=DT925tMY54SwGEv9vbPHUw

Halibut Barn
May 30, 2005

help
I swear I got one or two red frame IKELOS weapons from Terminal Overload chests at the start of the expansion, since it let me finish one that was left incomplete from Season of the Seraph. I haven't seen any others drop in the last few weeks, but I don't know if they changed the loot tables or if it might just be due to really low odds when there's only one pattern left to finish (I just need the SR now).

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Necrobama posted:

My most generous read of what Bungie is doing is trying to prevent players from having a single 'go-to' build by making surges and threats more important to successfully clearing content, and getting rid of the idea of a "void titan main" or a "solar titan main" and encourage players to try out and actively use other subclasses than they're used to.

It's a nice goal in theory, but in practice it's probably going to result in more players passing over say, an arc-surged LLS day because they haven't updated their arc build for Lightfall because it's not their favored way to play.

also they might avoid updating their arc loadout because there's nothing in the artifact that does anything cool for arc; they need to make all specs have something cool in each season if they want people to use all of them instead of 2 or 3

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Halibut Barn posted:

I swear I got one or two red frame IKELOS weapons from Terminal Overload chests at the start of the expansion, since it let me finish one that was left incomplete from Season of the Seraph. I haven't seen any others drop in the last few weeks, but I don't know if they changed the loot tables or if it might just be due to really low odds when there's only one pattern left to finish (I just need the SR now).

I got an ikelos pattern from one as well a week or two back.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Ikelos patterns are still achievable because the weapons are part of world drops. It’s the Season of the Seraph weapons like Disparity, Path of Least Resistance, etc you can’t get anymore.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How do I get the bee rocket launcher?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This has always been Destiny's difficulty, though? Even more so before thanks to Match Game and Equipment Lock (the latter which is still around).

Honestly the new surge/thread is actually cool? It nudges you in a certain direction week to week. It's only fault is that they're being too static about it. Having the two surges all season being strand then void/solar doesn't leave much play for other stuff when you can settle on strand all season. Same with artifacts overcharging those weapon types. Cool idea but having those 4-5 types be THE weapons for a season reduces your choices.

Also this is a pretty drat choice of a complaint "oh we tried the challenging hard version of the raid making no changes whatsoever to our loadouts and it was hard" .

Sorry, let me rephrase to reduce confusion

"I understand it, and I think it's bad"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Which one is the bee rocket launcher?

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

PERMACAV 50 posted:

If it’s seasonal then you just can’t. lmao. which guns do you want specifically?

I want to craft the Void MG, Commemoration I think.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How do I get the bee rocket launcher?

There's a Rocket Launcher that shoots bees. That's Gjallarhorn. You'll get it from the Grasp of Avarice dungeon.

There's also a Rocket Launcher that looks like a beehive. That's Wardcliff Coil. It drops randomly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I want to craft the Void MG, Commemoration I think.

That’s form Deep Stone Crypt. Specifically the final boss. It’s a very easy farm with a group.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Kith posted:

There's a Rocket Launcher that shoots bees. That's Gjallarhorn. You'll get it from the Grasp of Avarice dungeon.

There's also a Rocket Launcher that looks like a beehive. That's Wardcliff Coil. It drops randomly.

The latter was what I want but I guess I want both now.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That’s form Deep Stone Crypt. Specifically the final boss. It’s a very easy farm with a group.

Do those patterns work the same as current ones? I need to disassemble 4 red-bar guns?

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Do those patterns work the same as current ones? I need to disassemble 4 red-bar guns?

yes but DCS is farm status for the vast majority of overchill now, so you should throw up a redbox run on events and just be like red box - need sherpa and someone will come bc they also need a redbox. you can also roll the last boss in a 1 phase really easily so people somtimes just cp farm that when its the rotator.

you can do the raid/last encounter anytime tho 1x a week for a red box (account bound)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Five, but yes.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

One last point about difficulty and mechanics and I’ll shut up. Bungie clearly wants you to be challenged and do lots of things and have lots of options but they are once again running into the core problem of having built their fantasy MMO in an arena shooter engine that doesn’t offer much in the way of options. Move and shoot. Rip and tear. Their engine does that extremely well but doesn’t seem to offer many other options so they just fall back to tweaking damage numbers and limiting the choices you do have and calling it challenging. And it is challenging but personally I find more frustrating than engaging.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

The latter was what I want but I guess I want both now.

Wardcliff is a Red War exotic, so it'll find its way into your hands eventually. If you're eager for Gjallarhorn, drop a ping in the discord and you'll surely get several people willing to help out.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How the gently caress do I not have it yet if it's that ancient??? Been playing since at least shadow keep. Weird. I probably melted it down. Well now it's a red border so I just need five of it to drop with red borders!

e: Oh no no, I have that. I meant whatever the rl pattern is. Looks like a bee on a stick.

ee: bump in the night

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Waroduce posted:

yes but DCS is farm status for the vast majority of overchill now, so you should throw up a redbox run on events and just be like red box - need sherpa and someone will come bc they also need a redbox. you can also roll the last boss in a 1 phase really easily so people somtimes just cp farm that when its the rotator.

you can do the raid/last encounter anytime tho 1x a week for a red box (account bound)

I play mainly on PS5, but I have a gaming PC now so I may download it there and link my account so I can do all the stuff that doesn’t require me to buy expansions.
Im still in the old goon console clan, but it looks like I’m the only one left.

Also, where do I go to start farming high stat gear? On my Titan I used about 50 upgrade modules to get from 1600-1800, but on my warlock im sitting around 1800~ but all my gear has trash stats. I mostly play Void and I’m assuming I want 100 Recovery/Discipline, and then whatever Resilience I can manage?

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

How the gently caress do I not have it yet if it's that ancient??? Been playing since at least shadow keep. Weird. I probably melted it down. Well now it's a red border so I just need five of it to drop with red borders!

e: Oh no no, I have that. I meant whatever the rl pattern is. Looks like a bee on a stick.

ee: bump in the night

That’s Season of the Haunted, so you’re SOL until they release a way to get legacy patterns. I think they said that was in the hopper for later this year?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Is 80 hours post Lightfall too much to refund it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

I mostly play Void and I’m assuming I want 100 Recovery/Discipline, and then whatever Resilience I can manage?

Something like that is probably what you want (although IMO you'd want 100 Res more than 100 Dis for endgame PvE for survivability), but it'll probably take quite a while to get there. You can get some boosts from your subclass fragments, although the good strand fragments have a bunch of negatives and the void fragment that gives your grenades weaken costs 20 Dis.

Int isn't worth much these days outside of trials builds that really, really want to get their super before the match ends (and still might not have that happen a bunch of the time), Mob is largely only for hunters, and Str is often a low priority or non-issue due to some subclasses not using their charged melee or having ways to get it back fast/instantly.